Bodden & Haynesworth

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

Bodden & Haynesworth

They are important pieces that are never healthy and never on the field.  Its a shame that they are taking up two valuable roster spots. 

Don't get me wrong, would love to see them on the field, playing to their potential, but I'm starting to wonder if the risk/ reward of "past their prime" veterens is worth it.  In particular on the Defensive Side of the Ball.

We were fortunate to strike gold with Harrison, however, since then, I cannot think of too many veteren defensive pickups that have done much for us, other than collecting good salaries for minimal on field presense.

I guess the frustration of seeing absolutely ZERO improvement on Defense after three games, and knowing that we have to rely 100% on the Offense every game, dissapoints me.

I will still cheer onthe team each and every Sunday, however, in the back of my mind, I know that a team of aging parts and fundamentally flawed Defense will not win in the playoffs. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: Bodden & Haynesworth

We need Bodden and Haynesworth to step up.  It is disappointing they haven't made more of a positive impact yet, but cutting them would be dumb because at this point they're among our best hope for improving the defense.  Both have shown the ability to be top defensive players in the past and we really need top play at their positions if we're going to get better.  Got to hope they recover from their injuries quickly and are able to start contributing at the level we need. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dont-hate. Show dont-hate's posts

In Response to Bodden & Haynesworth:
    [QUOTE] We were fortunate to strike gold with Harrison, however, since then, I cannot think of too many veteren defensive pickups that have done much for us, other than collecting good salaries for minimal on field presense. 
    Posted by SmokingJoe[/QUOTE]

I think Junior Seau had something like 58 tackles and 3 interceptions in 07 and played 16 games. You could argue he didnt stand up after that, but thats pretty good production from a guy in his 18th season.

Bodden is hurt, but Hanesworth is dogging it like he always does agains good running teams. He only wants to pass rush..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

NE is crazy short at those spots.

Cutting them is adding fuel to the fire. 

If something were done to remove them, it would only really be after a year of this kind of on-off the gameday roster hijinx.

Furthermore, Bodden hasn't really been good this season ... and it appeared he was demoted in favor of Ras-I, before Ras-I was injured. Maybe it takes a bit for him to get back? I don't know ... but he is a shell of what he was two seasons ago ...  Haynesworth really had a short offseason ... I know he had a knee ... but he's never been known for injuries. I can only assume that BB is being extra careful with these veteran parts....

... and in the end... who else is there?

These are the guys this season at least ... sink or swim.