Bodden

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Bodden

Did anyone else notice Bodden didn't start-it was Arrington-Bodden came in on nickel and dime packs? Demoted, hurt?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: Bodden

Yeah, Bodden has been playing nickel almost all season.  I'm not sure if he's started any game this season.  Arrington has been getting the most snaps as the second corner opposite McCourty.  We'd be helped if Bodden could return to his prior form . . . Arrington (as much as I like his grittiness) is just not as good a corner as Bodden used to be.  But Bodden hasn't looked all that good this year.  He seems to have accumulated a lot of rust during that off year. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I commented during pre season Bodden looked thicker and was not turning on the ball quite as fast as I had recalled. Rust? injury? drop in skill level? impossible to tell when BB is calling the shots.
    Tghat being said, I thought Bodden had his best game this year against the Jets. Had a lot of double help on Keller, but Keller targeted only 1-2 times that I can recall. Hope Bodden is rounding into health/form that I recalled as I thought his first year with the Pats he was boderline pro bowl caliber.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

Bodden is in the Star for the nickel while Arrington plays corner.
    There both in there for the dime.

Arrington has been staring in place of RAS I, Bodden started the first one after RAS I wasx hurt then Bodden got hurt himself.

I would like to see more of Eric Molden and Bodden @ the Star in the Dime because there much longer athletes than Arrington.

I would not consider this a demotion for Bodden, the packers play Woodson in the star all the time

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I think I remember BB mentioning this pre-season is how the slot position has changed. He mentioned that the slot is being filled with players that are the #2 WR's on the team or TE's. Bess, Moore, Nelson, Gates, Burress/Keller all took snaps out of the slot position against the Pats. Most of the time Arrington is covering the #3 or #4 receivers out on the edge.

Depending on player and team I've seen Chung and Bodden line up over the slot receiver and I expect that to continue. BB seems to be determined not to give the slot player free range like they did last year and so far this season it seems like who ever lines up in the slot against the Pats hasn't been very effective. Now check downs are an issue with our weak LB zone coverage and the outside edge breaks down when the QB has 4+ secs to throw. Both kind of build on each other. If the LB zone is weak then you can't blitz because they will kill us with check downs all day but without the blitz coverage sacks look to be impossible and we can't get enough pressure on the QB so the outside coverage breaks down. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

If you were watching you must have noticed the excellent pass nock down by Bodden on a quick route by Keller. He helped take Keller out of the game.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

In Response to Re: Bodden:
    [QUOTE]I think I remember BB mentioning this pre-season is how the slot position has changed. He mentioned that the slot is being filled with players that are the #2 WR's on the team or TE's. Bess, Moore, Nelson, Gates, Burress/Keller all took snaps out of the slot position against the Pats. Most of the time Arrington is covering the #3 or #4 receivers out on the edge. Depending on player and team I've seen Chung and Bodden line up over the slot receiver and I expect that to continue. BB seems to be determined not to give the slot player free range like they did last year and so far this season it seems like who ever lines up in the slot against the Pats hasn't been very effective. Now check downs are an issue with our weak LB zone coverage and the outside edge breaks down when the QB has 4+ secs to throw. Both kind of build on each other. If the LB zone is weak then you can't blitz because they will kill us with check downs all day but without the blitz coverage sacks look to be impossible and we can't get enough pressure on the QB so the outside coverage breaks down. 
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think this covers it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

It has been said, but putting a guy in the slot hardly counts as a 'demotion' now a days....For that matter I'd even argue that looking into snap counts can be misleading, everyone has a specific role.  Snaps and position do not directly equate to importance.  Agreed he hasn't played great, but that could be extended to everyone in the secondary not named Pat Chung and Ras.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from calchu7. Show calchu7's posts

In Response to Bodden:
    [QUOTE]Did anyone else notice Bodden didn't start-it was Arrington-Bodden came in on nickel and dime packs? Demoted, hurt?
    Posted by jimmytantric[/QUOTE]

Maybe he hasn't fully recovered from his previous injuries.  Guy was awesome before he got injured.  Give him some time.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Bodden:
    [QUOTE]We as fans put way too much stalk into the term "starter". Maybe on other teams that means something but not on a Bill Belichick team. Bodden might not have started the game but he played and played pretty well. Wes Welker did not start the playoff game last year did that mean he was not a "starter"??? I think BB would laugh at anyone who thinks that. BB likes to use rotations, he does not care who fans consider his starter. Which is why players dont sweat it, Brandon Meriweather did not start a few games last year but he was still playing in those games and considered a top player at the safety spot no matter how the fans felt about him.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

Well the difference between starting and not is really nothing on the Pats as you point out the Meri and Welker not startings are important to mention that they were benchings. Welker was benched as punishment towards his comments about Rex (whom BB respects for some odd reason) and Meri was benched for not listening to coaches which eventually lead to his release this pre-season. I don't think listing them as examples works well for your statement. Better examples might be Hernandez who was not considered a starter last year and Nin, who both played vital roles on this team when on the field. Other great examples were Sanders (who played more snaps then Meri on a number of games) and Guyton (who played more snaps then Spikes on a number of occassions).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Every week when they display on the screen who is starting there are players who sometimes are not seen until the 2nd quarter yet the t.v. folks have them starting.  This is almost never accurate. Its because B.B. doesnt want you knowing much,.,.so I think its the same list the other coaches get.

I would also agree that wes wasnt a good example as it was disciplinary...