BOLDIN or BLOUNT?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

Re: BOLDIN or BLOUNT?

Training camp will tell us

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsGnome. Show PatsGnome's posts

I would take Bolden at this point.  Tampa Bay would not trade a valuable running back if there were not problems.  Blount will give Bolden competition in training camp and Blount only has one year left on his contract.  

If Bolden does not understand that Blount was brought in to compete with him and he underperforms then Blount deserves the position.  Anything other than that I would give the job to Bolden.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

It will work itself out in camp.  Good pickup to come in and challenge Boldin.  I was impressed with Boldin last year, but Blount has made a career of knocking people right out of their cleats. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

In response to BostonProSportsLover's comment:

In response to PatsGnome's comment:

I would take Bolden at this point.  Tampa Bay would not trade a valuable running back if there were not problems.  Blount will give Bolden competition in training camp and Blount only has one year left on his contract.  

If Bolden does not understand that Blount was brought in to compete with him and he underperforms then Blount deserves the position.  Anything other than that I would give the job to Bolden.

blount was doing the job in tampa til they got a new coach and the namster guy Martin took over everything. yet tey still offered him a new deal which says he wasnt that bad. somrtimes stuff happens. he could b a stud in the right situation, bolden is just a guy!

actaully boldin ran right thru guys several at a time when he had a chance. bb thinks he need sa lot mor between the ears i think before hell let him play much. we will see.

blount has a history of explosiveness, ntothe good kind. 

i ownder why bb wnated him

on the field, he seems a violent runner to me.

maybe bb was like anyting to get rid of demps

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

Personally I like what little I have seen from Boldin, and I hope he makes the team over Blount. I think Boldin has a more shake, and can get in the end zone, Blount gets stuffed at the goal line.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I think it will be interesting to see what a guy can do on this offense as a runner with the attention focused on the passing game. To me this offense (playing on a team with Brady) has got to be a runner's dream. Blount will never face 8 men in the box situations...he will have room, I don't know if he's ever had that in Tampa. When this guy did get some room, he made the most of it. I think his skill set is a little better than Boldin and he is only 26 with very little miles on his tires. This is a young guy here folks - if he comes in with something to prove and in shape - he may turn into something. Belichick loves to roll the dice on these types.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

Maybe a slower Corey Dillon?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to Brady2Moss07's comment:

Maybe a slower Corey Dillon?

Well, Corey ran with a violent power/anger that Blount doesn't seem to have, but I do think Blount has got some real good ability. There is only one Corey Dillon...I'd just be happy if Blount came in tip top shape, with something to prove. If he does that I think we'll all be surprised at what we get.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzyDizzyIzzy. Show BuzyDizzyIzzy's posts

In response to Brady2Moss07's comment:

Training camp will tell us

Best post. Something though does tell me that BOlden might have fallen out of favor with the coaches after his injury and positive drug test...........

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Boldin isn't that powerful. Yes, he runs north to south, but that is because he isn't elusive. YEs, most of his runs are between the tackles, but that is because he can't turn the corner. He's just a running back, that is all, a guy who can spell other people -- he isn't a power runner, a smash mouth runner, or anything like that. Just a runner.

Please people, learn how to categorize running backs. I thought this was over when BJGE (who also wasn't a power running back) left. It seems like people here like to take the most mediocre back on the roster and just call them "power" because all they do is run forward. 

Blount is a power back of the highest order. I mean he is pushing 250. He smashes through LBer tackles. HE doesn't juke folks because he is highly effective at breaking tackles and running through second level defenders. 

The only way I see these guys competing is that they are the last two runners on the depth chart. Blount has *value* because he brings a different dimension to NE, one that is power running. Boldin brings nothing but a fresh set of legs.  

They are entirely different classes of runner.

Here is Blount at 28s ... this is a "power" run: http://youtu.be/FkT3pv9zZGI?t=28s

Here is Bolden just running: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpNEu_aFVYw

Bolden couldn't do what Blount does if he wanted to .... because he isn't a power runner. He is just an average 5'11" 220 lb running back. Vanilla. Plane jane. 

Bolden is a JAG (learn what it looks like) from Mississippi. Blount is a troubled but (once?) talented, power running back, a kid who might have been a day one pick if he didn't spend his entire college career punching people. He's continued that after the NCAA. This is likely his last chance. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

We'll see, neither will be challenging either Ridley or Vereen for spot 1 or 2.