Boldin vs Welker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsBermuda. Show PatsBermuda's posts

Boldin vs Welker

Personally I would rather us pursue Boldin rather than Welker$$$.

Bigger, inside/outside weapon, redzone boost, better blocker

you can't dispute the truth, but you can try

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: Boldin vs Welker

I agree but also wouldnt pay too much to Bolden. He is old too and not that fast. His only assets are that he is tough and can take hits and goes up for balls in the air. He is not a real deep threat and isnt a great route runner, but he can play the slot and I like that versatility. So yes I agree but I feel Bolden should be coming pretty cheap at his age and if not, I dont want  him

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Two guys who really couldn't be much different. One big outside guy who relies on strength, one small slot guy who relies on quickness and agility. One sleep walks through the season and comes alive in the postseason, the other incredibly productive in the regular season, comes up...short... in the postseason.

Only thing in common is that neither are very fast on a straight line basis.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

This would be a tough one for me. I love Boldin's size and ability to go up and get balls that don't need to be perfect, which I think would really help Brady out. But, Welker we know works very well in the system and is Brady's go to go. It would all depending on the price difference. If they cost is about the same I'd rather have Welker back and get Nelson to see if he can be that large go up and get it guy. But if there is say a 2+mil difference then I'd happily take Boldin

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Nope.  Welker. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

In response to PatsBermuda's comment:

Why even start a post that is not inviting and open for opinion based conversation?  

if its such a "fact" than go tell your mother or skateboarding buddy and come back when you want to offer a post that is little less defensive and argumentative  and a little more participatory.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to Gravelten4's comment:

Why even starta post that is not inviting and open for opinion based conversation?  

if its such a "fact" than go tell your mother or skateboarding buddy and come back when you want to offer a post that is little less defensive and argumentative  and a little more participatory.

Nice job throwing in a generalization while criticizing someone else.

Pot, I'd like to introduce you to the kettle.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

In response to Gravelten4's comment:

Why even starta post that is not inviting and open for opinion based conversation?  

Nice job throwing in a generalization while criticizing someone else.

Pot, I'd like to introduce you to the kettle.

Are you serious?

why would anyone include the phrase " you can't dispute the facts" in their opening post? He is not the only one but its maddening how many people start a post and have NO intention of a back and forth discussion.  everything is predetermined. This is why MB's draft post is so enjoyable. Lots of collaborative exchanges- minds changed- views altered- etc....

warning: the preceding message was an opinion. Not a fact.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Boldin will never come to NE given what Suggs says about this team.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

And the fact he said he is a Raven for life makes you think we could convince him otherwise why?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

I expect the Ravens to keep Boldin for the last year of his deal since Flacco's cap hit this season is pretty manageable. I wouldn't expect him to come here anyways; I think he'd chase the money and certainly wouldn't get it here.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to mia76's comment:

And the fact he said he is a Raven for life makes you think we could convince him otherwise why?

Because ever player says they are a "fill in team" for life. But, when push comes to shove it's all about the money in the end. Very few players take less to stay with their clubs unless they get paid to do so.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

This would be a tough one for me. I love Boldin's size and ability to go up and get balls that don't need to be perfect, which I think would really help Brady out. But, Welker we know works very well in the system and is Brady's go to go. It would all depending on the price difference. If they cost is about the same I'd rather have Welker back and get Nelson to see if he can be that large go up and get it guy. But if there is say a 2+mil difference then I'd happily take Boldin

second this notion

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Ditto...if we assume welkers deal is in the 8m per area, boldin can't be too far behind..maybe 5-6?....would or can the ravens afford to pay him?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Boldin wont be coming to NE even if Welker is gone.  While I think they could afford both Welker and Boldin, I just don't see him coming here, regardless of what happens with Welker.  It would be nice, but I just don't see it. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

I'd like both, and Amendola.

We need to get at least one big WR like Boldin. If not him, somebody.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Boldin rejects Ravens offer, prepares to go elsewhere

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/09/boldin-rejects-ravens-offer-prepares-to-go-elsewhere/

He's not as tall as I'd like, but he's better than Lloyd or Branch. BB should try to sign him, he probably has a couple good years left

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsBermuda. Show PatsBermuda's posts

we can pay 6 to Boldin and I know he will come catch balls from the Greatist QB...

Welker is looking for too much$$$