BOLTS 7th round SLEEPERS, who's yours?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

BOLTS 7th round SLEEPERS, who's yours?

There are a few low round picks that could be steals.
    These are 7th rounders.
    Linval Joseph- DT, East Carolina/ this guy benched 42 times, I think thats the most in the draft.
    Colin Peek- TE, Alabama/ with the Chargers losing free agent Brandon Manumaleuna? to the Bears. need a run blocking TE.
    Mike Kafka- QB, Northwestern/ every Northwestern game I watched he was on fire. good delivery. threw the ball 78 times in the outback bowl vs. Auburn
    PHillip Dillard- LB, Nebraska/ 1st year starter for the huskers, Playing behind Suh at LB, this guy is solid with no weaknesses. NU had a D last year. This guy was 2nd in tacklles behind Suh.
    Barry Church- SS, 4 year starter at Toledo with size & strength, likes coming into line of scrimmage and will bang heads on kick coverage.

who are your 7th rounders?  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: BOLTS 7th round SLEEPERS, who's yours?

Pretty good list.  I have

Scott Long WR - put on a show at the combine and his pro-day. Might be an interesting project WR that could be at best a #2 and more likely a reliable #4

Kevin Matthews C - The bloodline is there and with the body to boot he just needs to work on technique. Another project much like Neal was but I see similiar potential

Rafael Priest CB - Want to know how other QB's felt about him look at the amount of times he was thrown to. He has low numbes as far as tackles and ints go but you can't rake up the numbers if the oppossing QB is scared to throw your way

Joique Bell RB - Might have been to a small school but still put up impresssive numbers. Watching tape shows he has above average agility and best speed. Also isn't afraid to hit the hole

Scott Sicko TE - One of the best TE's to come out of a Div 1-AA school. Has good size and speed with above average hands

Joe Webb QB/WR/RB - Interesting QB with good size and speed and a 42" vertical that might convert to a WR or a change of pace rb

John Conner FB - Seriously if he gets into trouble a robot will take out the other team. How can you beat that?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

first of all Joseph won't be available in the 7th round.Kafka has been moving up the charts,Webb is a legitimate sleeper,Sicko will more than likely be a 7th rounder. Conner is a 5/6th round pick,Matthews is definately a late round pick. I'm just looking forward to seeing where the Patriots actually pick in the First round or whether they trade out and stockpile picks again this year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Jbolt are you scouting for the bolts?  u sending these lists to them lol  here are the offensive guys I like as sleepers by position:
    WRs
    David Gettis 6'3 217good hands will catch anything thrown his way, good speed for a big WR 4.43 40
    Jeremy Horne-Murdock 6'2" 200 good combination of size and speed, probably will never be a #1 but can develop into a solid #2.  Can also return kicks, had an excellent shuttle time at 4.15 which is what the pats like more than 40.
    Roberto Wallace 6'4" 223San Diego State (Jbolt heard of him) shuttle time is 4.12 ran a 4.53 against the wind and 4.41 with the wind, could be a steal projected as a UDFA but I would spend a 7th see if he develops has all the tools to be a solid #2 (ala Malcom Floyd)
    Kelton Tindal 6'2" 197one of the fastest guys available, he is a project but well worth it IMO.  Rumored to run 4.21 40, decent hands but does not run routes well.  With a year or two he can be a very good WR maybe a #1 with time.  Great returner.
    RBs
    Alfonso Smith 6'1" 211
    great speed, raw runner who does not have as many carries as the big names which IMO is a positive.  Extremely good hands, could become a solid 3rd down back (Faulk's replacement) but has all the tools to be an every down back.  he's also a very good return man
    Deji Karim 5'09" 209another kevin faulk type back, good hands at his pro day scored a 43" vertical, doesn't have a great time in the shuttle 4.33 but it is average.
    TE
    Scott Sicko 6'4" 251
    hands size speed and can block, if he played for a big name school he would be talked about as a second day TE.  Patriots were the only ones who attended his pro day and he did not disappoint.
    Mickey Shuler 6'4" 251better blocker than receiver but doesn't mean he cannot catch he will catch the ball, finds the open spots in the D.  Solid pick in the 7th, can also be used as FB.
    OL
    Andrew Tyshovnytsky OT 6'4" 318 small school (Fordham) prospect, a project but is sound technic, very agile for a 318lb man.  Ran 4.91 40 and 4.83 shuttle, with the Pats using their OL to block down field in screens and other plays this guy has the agility to get to the LBs quickly, will need a year maybe two.
    J'Marcus Webb OT 6'8" 328 IMO can see some snaps in 2010, big nasty OT who can dominate the LOS.  Looked like the best OT at the Texas vs the Nation game.
    Kevin Matthews C 6'3" 298 good all around player, has football blood lines dad was a HOF OL,, Bruce Matthews and his cousin is Clay Matthews LB GB Packers.
    Jacques McClendon OG 6'3" 324 solid guard, can pull and excels at run blocking but he's a solid all around player.  Will add depth to the OL and could become a starter with coaching.
    Punter
    Only one guy because this is who I hope they draft
    Jon Vanderwielen 6'3" 223 averaged 44.7 yards a punt in college (Idaho State) 
    had 74 punts for 3,308 yards (the most in the nation), and he averaged 44.7 yards per punt, banging out 22 50-yard punts, forcing 24 fair catches, and pinning 21 punts inside the 20-yard line, including 12 inside the 10, and six inside the five. He set a school record with three punts of 70 or more yards in a season, and he tied a school record with two 70+ yard punts in a game, both coming at Montana State.
    QB
    Andy Schmitt 6'4" 238
    big guy with a gun and above average accuracy.  Can develop into a good backup and who knows in time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from HRK103. Show HRK103's posts

This guy has Charger written all over him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

JBolt, Linval Joseph will be long gone by that time.  He has flown up the draft boards. Some have him in the late 2nd to 4th range

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

I saw a whole article full of lower round guys:

I like the H-Backs in particular.  I think an H-Back would make the offense a lot more dynamic, especially because they're experienced at that position and not just converted tight ends being asked to block out of the backfield when they don't really want to do so.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

armanti edwards, the appalachian state qb. runs a sub 4.4 40 and is a good leader. could be the next joshua cribbs, edelman type conversion guy. i heard him on espn radio a while ago and he said he had a long meeting with the pats.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Nick - good find. I never heard of Jameson Konz but he sounds pretty interesting. For a late round pick I don't mind drafting triangle numbers like that for RB/WR and seeing what he can do

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

In Response to Re: BOLTS 7th round SLEEPERS, who's yours?:
    This guy has Charger written all over him.
    Posted by HRK103

Its Terrence Coady in high school then

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

In Response to Re: BOLTS 7th round SLEEPERS, who's yours?:
    JBolt, Linval Joseph will be long gone by that time.  He has flown up the draft boards. Some have him in the late 2nd to 4th range
    Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon

Mord
    They  say Joseph's legs/footwork is off. Upper body strength  is not a problem though.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

a team with this many picks in the later rounds should use two or three 7th rnd picks on lottery ticket type players. by that i mean players with an out-of-the-chart physical attribute, who could turn out to be a late bloomer of a football player for one reason or another

a super fast/quick wr/rb
    a wr who's tall ( />6-3) and strong
    a lineman who weighs />340 lbs (but not because of a really huge pot belly)
    a te who stands />6-5 AND weighs >250 lbs
    a cb who's />6-2 and weighs >220 lbs (could end up being a safety)

the only problem with this, is that in ne's case, they may not have the staff to train/teach projects.