Bolts Cromartie might be on trading block

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Got this off of rotoworld.

"The Chargers will reportedly put Antonio Cromartie on the trade block if they're able to sign free agent Drayton Florence.
    Adding Florence would set up San Diego nicely. They have 2008 first-round pick Antoine Cason ready to start and Quentin Jammer locked up cheaply long term. Cromartie is the Bolts' most physically gifted corner, but he's coming off a rough season and his rookie contract is two years from expiration."

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordNikon9363. Show LordNikon9363's posts

We did make a draft day trade of picks with SD this past year, so it's not out of the question.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrBuoy. Show MrBuoy's posts

I think this is a bit different than last year with Sheppard in Philly, because I don't think Cromartie has as much of an injury history as Lito did. That being said, I think the Patriots should still address Wilfork and probably Mankins before going to get any more guys.

I think N.E. would be willing to pay Cromartie because he is better than Samuel. I'm just curious as to how much San Diego wants for him. Maybe their 2nd rounder back and something else?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

Humor abounds
    AJ Smith would not trade Crow, especially to the Pats
    no

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I wouldn't give up more than a 5th rounder for that guy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LenDaleUSC06. Show LenDaleUSC06's posts

Funny how from 1 yr to the next he went from a shut-down corner to a nothing corner in a yr. I believe he was injured, yet kept playing, but it also says something to how much corners are reliant on their pass-rush b/c the Chargers w/o Merriman are nothing to be afraid of. Granted they beat my Pats, but that was after only a few wks of Cassel @ the helm. But, anyway I would take Cromartie for a 3rd rd pick (which would be a bargain if he could return to half of what he was in his great yr). Cromartie is good b/c he has size & athleticism to defend tall WR's something our corners will continue to have problems with. It would be nice to trade w/the Chargers for him, but to give up one of our 2nd rd picks to the Chargers wouldn't & won't happen on the Pats end. If the Chargers are that cash-strapped they should trade LT somewhere or cut him & draft a RB in the 1st or 3rd rd. For AJ Smith to be such a genius on drafting & developing a franchise he doesn't have many options right now w/his biggest players either being injured or not producing.
    Merriman (if healthy will want a new deal soon), Cromartie (inj. last yr, & if he has a big yr will want to get paid soon), LT (a dec. to cut or trade him needs to be made), also Jamal Williams NT (is getting old & inj. prone quickly & needs a complement or replacement soon), loss of Igor Ilshanshky, & a OL or 2, & a DE. And, they don't have a 2nd rd pick b/c they gave it to us.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Cromartie for Maroney and a 5th round pick?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

Antonio Cromartie is an All Pro, 24 going on 25, 6’ 2” 1st Round draft choice. I don’t think offering a useless RB and a 5th round choice is going to entice the Chargers. I’m sure they could get at least a 2nd and then some. Probably a 1st from someone.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinniSoxFan. Show MinniSoxFan's posts

well, drayton florence went to the bills, so i'm guessing that's the end of that chapter.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

The very fact that SD was going to sign Flroence again shows how much Cromartie's stock has fallen. He was really exposed last season.