Borges the Bore

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

Re: Borges the Bore

In Response to Borges the Bore:
    [QUOTE]His article lamenting the loss of defense, finding no solace in the Patriots recommitment to ball control offense, is his typical boneheaded analysis.  It highlights something that most people aren't acknowledging with the Randy trade, which is the Defense has been run ragged the last few years with this high octane offense.  With Randy Ball, the best case scenario was the offense scores in dramatic big chunk fashion.  The worst was quick three and out with TOP suffering. As a result, the D is on the field much more than it was during the Weiss years.  Any D is going to suffer under those circumstances. 
    Posted by FourthRing[/QUOTE]

While I agree with your opionion on Borges, it just doesnt sound right to be blaming the offense for scoring to fast. Yes sorry Randy we just scored 3 TD's in 5 mins, your killing our defensive we have to let you go......   Funny how this wasnt an issue in 2007.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

We don't have the same personel on defense or offense as we did in 2007. Ball control/TOP games are the games we have to win. A young inexperienced tired D will surrender points. TOP gameplan might work more than the quick strike offense, right now. It gives the D time to improve and allows the coaching staff to make in game adjustments.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

and also let's face it...the Pats OL and RB's the past few years have not been able to play ball control offense even if they wanted to. I don't see this years OL/RB's being able to either. One has to assume plenty of WR screens, RB screens and TE's deep down the middle with current personnel. Just don't see ball control/smash mouth happening 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Borges lost what little credibility he had a long time ago.  His obvious personal agenda against all things Belichick makes his columns more appropriate for the comics section than the sports pages. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

borges spues hate propaganda against the pats and bb... it doesnt matter what the subject is... he lies...he flipflops...he plagerizes...he makes sh*t up...

he is the total fraud...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

My favorite part about Borges' anti-Belichick hate parade is the stunning hypocrisy.

He calls Belichick a liar, and yet Belichick has never copied something someone else has written and slapped his name on it. Borges has.

He calls Belichick a bad human being, but Belichick has never physically attacked a sportswriter at a press conference who was wearing a neck brace and carrying a cane. Borges has (it was at a boxing press conference and the writer called Borges a "Don King Toadie," and Borges physically attacked the guy).

Borges is a bully, a liar, a hypocrite, a plagiarist and a total fraud. He never should have been rehired in this or any other town as a "journalist," because he certainly is not one.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

Borges is nothing more than a 2 faced A hole!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

I stopped reading (following) the BIAS sports writer's on this paper. SSSOOOO, I'll take everybody's word on Borges, mainly because I have no use for any of them. But I guess that's the price you pay for having the best coach in the NFL that only tell these idiots " it is what it is". He refuses to kiss the media's butt and concentrate on his team. ...................Just think, we could be cursed with someone like "Fat Rex"......................

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Borges is obnoxious.  Here is what he said recently after the Moss trade.

"Take away the Patriots from Bill Belichick and what is he? A gym teacher with better jewelry, no disrespect to gym teachers intended.''

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Poor Ron must be losing himself in a fine plastic bottle of vodka right about now. He'll have nothing to complain about with the Pats!!!

I'm sure he'll find something...I won't hold my breath waiting for him to admit how miserable, and miserably wrong he was, I have a better chance of meeting intelligent life from another planet. I just hope THEY don't come across any Borges articles, for I fear that will be the end of mankind.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

Borges is still around? Last time I heard about him he was getting fired from the Globe for plagerizing.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

He gets paid no matter what he writes. 

Doubt he's losing sleep over this one.  He created the mess, I'm sure he's laughing about it now.  He's an idiot with a license to write.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

Borges the Boor ? 

Nothing pisses off the plagiarist like a Patriot Victory. LOL - Go Pats !

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

Borges has some mental issues.  He displayed them when he was writing for theJustice, a newsletter at Brandeis University.  He was bitter and sarcastic and belittling even then. Maybe he was frustrated that he was a terrible lacrosse player at Brandeis.  He seems to have something against athletes and coaches.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Using the word analysis and Borges in the same sentence is not allowed. He just rewrites what the other media are saying. Then again so do most of the Globe sports writers.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Re: Borges the Bore:
    [QUOTE]Borges lost what little credibility he had a long time ago.  His obvious personal agenda against all things Belichick makes his columns more appropriate for the comics section than the sports pages. 
    Posted by 123meg[/QUOTE]

that is exactly correct.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In Response to Re: Borges the Bore:
    [QUOTE]Borges has some mental issues.  He displayed them when he was writing for theJustice, a newsletter at Brandeis University.  He was bitter and sarcastic and belittling even then. Maybe he was frustrated that he was a terrible lacrosse player at Brandeis.  He seems to have something against athletes and coaches.
    Posted by boomerst3[/QUOTE]

This is what happens when someone THINKS they are smarter and better than everyone else, but the facts keep stating otherwise. So he gets bitter, because for some reason, the facts don't show what he KNOWS to be true, nobody knows more about sports than him.

Much like BB is purging the problems from the Pats, Boston needs to do it with it's reporters: Borges, Shaugnessy, Ryan, Ordway, D&C, Neumy ALL need to get the h e l l out of Boston. Each are awful in their own way, conceited being the root of most of their problems.

At least the likes of Felger, Mazz, Holley and Arnold can admit when they were wrong and poke fun at themselves. Borges is painful to be subjected to on the radio, even worse having to stare at his mug on TV.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

borges is the worst in the business. he adds and knows nothing.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Ron Borges is the only guy that would call Moss a dog one week and then criticize Belichick for trading him the next.  He never had a good thing to say about Moss until he was traded, and then all of a sudden Moss is indispensable.   

Borgies' thought process has no logic. Just last week Borges  ripped a lot of the young guys the Pats drafted saying they're looking like wasted picks, busts, etc.  Then the same guys have great games and he says they're young guys still learning the game.  Which is it Ron?  Preach patience with the young guys or call them busts and stick by that opinion.  The constant vacillation makes his already dubious football "analysis" even more laughable. 

OK Ron, we get it, you don't like Belichick.  But try a little fair and unbiased reporting once in a while and maybe you'd have some cred.  Until then, you're becoming that guy that people just laugh about, and not because you're funny or witty.