Bottom Line: Saints are Nasty

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

Bottom Line: Saints are Nasty

Saints just kicked our butts. Clerly, we are a second tier team. We can beat the Jets, Dolphins, Ravens, Falcons, etc. But this D is not ready for prime time. That said, having seen the Pats play both teams, the Saints are waaaaayyyyy better than the Colts. If those teams meet in the Super Bowl, Saints by 17.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from walton. Show walton's posts

Re: Bottom Line: Saints are Nasty

The Saints are nasty. I agree. I got a funny feeling the Colts are gonna find a way this year though. Are the Saints better? Yes. I think Peyton and the boys are gonna find a way though.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AsylumGuido. Show AsylumGuido's posts

I have spent the past week trying to expalin how good the Saints are but, of course, received little respect.  I agree that the Saint are better than the Colts.  I have seen the weaknesses on the Colts' defense.  The can be had much like the Pats were had tonight.  And Manning will make more mistakes to an opportunistic defense such as the Saints.  From what I have seen the Patriots are a better team than the Colts, but at this point the Saints are the team to beat in the NFL.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Bottom Line: Saints are Nasty:
    [QUOTE]I have spent the past week trying to expalin how good the Saints are but, of course, received little respect.  I agree that the Saint are better than the Colts.  I have seen the weaknesses on the Colts' defense.  The can be had much like the Pats were had tonight.  And Manning will make more mistakes to an opportunistic defense such as the Saints.  From what I have seen the Patriots are a better team than the Colts, but at this point the Saints are the team to beat in the NFL.
    Posted by AsylumGuido[/QUOTE]

Yup.

And to think: the same Patriots defense that Brees destroyed tonight got two interceptions off of Peyton Manning.  That's telling.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AsylumGuido. Show AsylumGuido's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bottom Line: Saints are Nasty : Yup. And to think: the same Patriots defense that Brees destroyed tonight got two interceptions off of Peyton Manning.  That's telling.
    Posted by NickC1188[/QUOTE]

Just what I was thinking, Nick.  The Colts are flawed and can easily be beaten by a team that will finish.  The Texans could'tand the Pats, unfortunately, couldn't.  But, The Saints could.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bottom Line: Saints are Nasty : Just what I was thinking, Nick.  The Colts are flawed and can easily be beaten by a team that will finish.  The Texans could'tand the Pats, unfortunately, couldn't.  But, The Saints could.

RIGHT NOW: Saints > Colts

It's fortunate that the Vikings are in the Saints' conference and are only a game behind them.  They should keep their edge throughout the season because they'll have to fight for home field advantage.

Also as of RIGHT NOW (emphasis on now): the Vikings would be the only real challenge to the Saints - I just don't see anybody from the AFC challenging them (even the Colts).

Needless to say I'd cheer for the Saints if it comes to a matchup of them against the Colts.  

Obviously, though, I'd rather see a rematch of tonight's game on neutral turf with quiet rich people filing the seats.  It'd be more like a home game for the Patriots because that's just what Gillette Stadium is like

Regardless, we'll see soon enough.  I CAN'T WAIT to watch a potential matchup between the Saints and Vikings.  They're the two most complete teams in the league right now and can beat you in all facets of the game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AsylumGuido. Show AsylumGuido's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bottom Line: Saints are Nasty : RIGHT NOW: Saints /> Colts It's fortunate that the Vikings are in the Saints' conference and are only a game behind them.  They should keep their edge throughout the season because they'll have to fight for home field advantage. Also as of RIGHT NOW (emphasis on now): the Vikings would be the only real challenge to the Saints - I just don't see anybody from the AFC challenging them (even the Colts). Needless to say I'd cheer for the Saints if it comes to a matchup of them against the Colts.   Obviously, though, I'd rather see a rematch of tonight's game on neutral turf with quiet rich people filing the seats.  It'd be more like a home game for the Patriots because that's just what Gillette Stadium is like Regardless, we'll see soon enough.  I CAN'T WAIT to watch a potential matchup between the Saints and Vikings.  They're the two most complete teams in the league right now and can beat you in all facets of the game.

You gotta love that Superdome crowd, no?  Or at least respect it.  They are incredible.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soyi3oy. Show soyi3oy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bottom Line: Saints are Nasty : RIGHT NOW: Saints /> Colts It's fortunate that the Vikings are in the Saints' conference and are only a game behind them.  They should keep their edge throughout the season because they'll have to fight for home field advantage. Also as of RIGHT NOW (emphasis on now): the Vikings would be the only real challenge to the Saints - I just don't see anybody from the AFC challenging them (even the Colts). Needless to say I'd cheer for the Saints if it comes to a matchup of them against the Colts.   Obviously, though, I'd rather see a rematch of tonight's game on neutral turf with quiet rich people filing the seats.  It'd be more like a home game for the Patriots because that's just what Gillette Stadium is like Regardless, we'll see soon enough.  I CAN'T WAIT to watch a potential matchup between the Saints and Vikings.  They're the two most complete teams in the league right now and can beat you in all facets of the game.
    lolz@ "quiet rich people filling the seats"

Good game Patriots. Even with this loss you still have a shot at the playoffs since Miami loss to Buffalo and that's all you need. Don't think for a second Brady and Bill can't turn it around in a second. If we met again in February, I'd still have a ton of resepct for the Pats, though of course, I wouldn't show it and I'd be rubbing this in your faces 'til game time. Good luck.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

The Superdome crowd was unbeleivable. Maybe it's the way ESPN mic's the crowd noise but that seemed much louder than Indy. It's hard beleiving that our defense could compete with that offense even on a neutral field. Our offense would play better but that probably wouldn't be enough. If the Saints are 18-0 I would root for them in the Super Bowl to shut up Mercury Morris (unless it's against a reborn Pats). New Orleans is a great city and Brees seems to own the Patriots. Two of the biggest whippings the Pats have recieved in the Brady era have been against Brees: 2005 Chargers in Foxboro and tonight.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]     The Superdome crowd was unbeleivable. Maybe it's the way ESPN mic's the crowd noise but that seemed much louder than Indy. It's hard beleiving that our defense could compete with that offense even on a neutral field. Our offense would play better but that probably wouldn't be enough. If the Saints are 18-0 I would root for them in the Super Bowl to shut up Mercury Morris (unless it's against a reborn Pats). New Orleans is a great city and Brees seems to own the Patriots. Two of the biggest whippings the Pats have recieved in the Brady era have been against Brees: 2005 Chargers in Foxboro and tonight.
    Posted by ccness[/QUOTE]

I've been in the Superdome.  It was no TV mic amping up the crowd - the acoustics really are that loud in there.  It was loud during a Super Bowl, and I KNOW half of the fans were celebrities and friends of the wealthy who weren't cheering (I sat next to Jeff Gordon and behind the families of Howie Long and Terry Bradshaw).

@AsylumGuido - yes, be very proud of your fans.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sprfrk81. Show sprfrk81's posts

PATS jst dont hav the players , 81 has been my fav person 2 watch on sports along w/ kg luvd em both b4 they got here 2. but we depend on 81 n 83 way 2 much. same thing on D 75 has no help shame to cause hes might best nt in the game. no pass rush at all, nothing! N  we need real help at corner, real bad?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

I was one of those guys who was ready to dismiss N'awlins as a typical NFC mirage, expecting that a balanced team from a superior conference would expose them. Among the things I learned watching last night's game, two stand out particularly. Clearly, the Saints are better than I thought they were, particularly on defense; and, the Pats offense can no longer beat you merely by turning around and showing you the names on the back of their jerseys. Conversely, the ease with which Payton's offense not only cut through the Pats D like a warm knife through butter, but made them look silly in the process, was sobering. A couple weeks ago, when the Pats blew a 17-point fourth-quarter lead to what I still think is a beatable Colts team, I saw that as an aberration, and believed New England could win a rematch. After watching that defensive Keystone Kops routine last night, I'm beginning to wonder.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

Too bad the Saints vs Vikings couldn't happen in the SB because THAT would be killer.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Yes the Saints ARE nasty good. Coudn't believe what I was seeing- firing on all cylinders. Best team in the NFL by far.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

The Saints are nasty, you have to play your A game every time and doubly so in their house... congrats to them.  Right now they're the best team in the league.

That being said I disagree with anyone who says we don't have the personnel to matchup with any of the top tier teams.  We beat the Colts for 3 quarters before bumbling it away, we held the Saints to a field goal on their opening drive and than dominated them on our first march downfield with power running, then we made them punt to Welker who almost took it to the house. 

After that we fell apart trying to throw like it was 2007...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sox148927. Show sox148927's posts

much respect to the saints, they are a great team and flat out whipped our tails. nothing to be embarrassed about we got beat by a better team, it happens. all i can do is tip my cap to them. come playoff time, if somewhere along the line the pats get sent home and our season is officially over, i will personally start pulling for the saints to go the distance. that being said, i am not tossing in the towel on our guys just yet, plenty of football still to be played. all they can do is take their butt kicking like a man and keep trying to improve a little bit each week somehow. finish strong and try to be clicking and playing their best football come playoff time, then anything can happen...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlanfromBigEasy. Show AlanfromBigEasy's posts

Coach Belicheck showed a lot of class by hugging Brees after the game. 

It reminded me of Paul "Bear" Bryant going into the Mississippi State locker room after the game and shaking every players hand.

I noted before the game that the noise in the SuperDome would be incrediable.  The crowd is usually hyped since Katrina (off & on before) but this game was special.  Average seat tickets scalped for $2,000.

A comparable game for crowd energy would be the 1991 Sugar Bowl between #1 Miami & #2 (and 17 point underdog) Alabama.  2/3rd to 3/4ths of the crowd was Bama and crowd noise was a definite factor in that rout of Miami.  Last night 95% of the crowd were Saints.

My two teams are Alabama and the Saints and this has been a VERY special year.  My thoughts are now on Bama upsetting Florida at the SEC Championship and then the BCS bowl will be an easier game.

I think the team chemistry (and fan support) will prevent an 18-0 Saints team (*IF* we get that far) from repeating the 2007(8) Superbowl.

But this years SuperBowl will not be played in the SuperDome :-((

Best Hopes,

Alan

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AsylumGuido. Show AsylumGuido's posts

As an added note, the official attendance at last nights game was 70,768.  That is the second largest crowd for a Saints game in Superdome history.  The only larger crowd (70,940) was on September 2, 1979 when the Saints faced the Falcons.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AsylumGuido. Show AsylumGuido's posts

The two yard touchdown catch by Darnell Dinkins made him the 19th Saints to score a TD this season.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]I have spent the past week trying to expalin how good the Saints are but, of course, received little respect.  I agree that the Saint are better than the Colts.  I have seen the weaknesses on the Colts' defense.  The can be had much like the Pats were had tonight.  And Manning will make more mistakes to an opportunistic defense such as the Saints.  From what I have seen the Patriots are a better team than the Colts, but at this point the Saints are the team to beat in the NFL.

Ah, Nothing like a self Gratuitous pat on the back. You got your respect after you won the game and earned it and now you can rub it in a little bit. You can't expect any more than that out of a Pats Board. Who do the Saints have coming up? Go to their board and see what kind of respect they dish out. You won..Be happy. We lost and have to move on to the future. I'm a windshield man not a rearview mirror guy.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AsylumGuido. Show AsylumGuido's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bottom Line: Saints are Nasty : Ah, Nothing like a self Gratuitous pat on the back. You got your respect after you won the game and earned it and now you can rub it in a little bit. You can't expect any more than that out of a Pats Board. Who do the Saints have coming up? Go to their board and see what kind of respect they dish out. You won..Be happy. We lost and have to move on to the future. I'm a windshield man not a rearview mirror guy.
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]

Don't worry, I'll be moving on soon to the Redskins board.  But, I will keep following the Pats.  I honestly hope to see y'all in Miami in February.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bottom Line: Saints are Nasty : Don't worry, I'll be moving on soon to the Redskins board.  But, I will keep following the Pats.  I honestly hope to see y'all in Miami in February.

Pretty unlikely judging not just from last night but other games performances by the Pats "D". Fortunatley for me I enjoy the Chase as much as I do the kill. Football is awesome and there is always something good to root for. You guys are on top, enjoy it while it lasts. The Colts can't beat you unless you skkrew up and the Chargers can't go all the way with Norv turner as their coach. The only team in the AFC that I would worry about if I were you is the Steelers should they get healthy. That is if you get past the Vikes.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AsylumGuido. Show AsylumGuido's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bottom Line: Saints are Nasty : Pretty unlikely judging not just from last night but other games performances by the Pats "D". Fortunatley for me I enjoy the Chase as much as I do the kill. Football is awesome and there is always something good to root for. You guys are on top, enjoy it while it lasts. The Colts can't beat you unless you skkrew up and the Chargers can't go all the way with Norv turner as their coach. The only team in the AFC that I would worry about if I were you is the Steelers should they get healthy. That is if you get past the Vikes.
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]

The Vikes worry me, as well.  That is why it is so important that the Saints hold homefield advantage.  Every week is a new one game season.  This week it will be in DC against the Redskins.  Y'all head on down to Miami and stick it to the Fish!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Im really not that concerned. Brees torched us in 05 for 41 points. This time only 37. We improved!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

Saints Vs. Vikes could be an unbelievable NFC title game.  The Pats gave a 1 quarter glimpse of how you beat the Saints last night.  Pretty much the classic recipe for stopping a high powered offense and that is run the ball and chew up the clock.  The Vikes might be able to get enough of a pass rush to slow down Brees and Co. a little which, as the Giants showed in the super bowl, is the only way to slow down that kind of attack.