Brace and Cunningham Latest Pats to Receive Fines

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

Brace and Cunningham Latest Pats to Receive Fines

The league office has just announced that Ron Brace and Jermane Cunningham will each be fined $10,000 for their hard hitting and gap stuffing actions in preventing Adrian Peterson from converting a 4th and 1 in last Sunday's game.

Roger Goodell stated, "These kind of hard hits cannot go unpunished. They risk the safety of offensive conversions and the future marketing ability of the NFL's superstars like Adrian Peterson, Brett Favre, and the Mannings."

This league becomes more of a joke every year this clown is commish.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Re: Brace and Cunningham Latest Pats to Receive Fines

Hahaha.  Nice Caesar.  Keep em coming.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PeaceLaur. Show PeaceLaur's posts

In Response to Brace and Cunningham Latest Pats to Receive Fines:
    [QUOTE]The league office has just announced that Ron Brace and Jermane Cunningham will each be fined $10,000 for their hard hitting and gap stuffing actions in preventing Adrian Peterson from converting a 4th and 1 in last Sunday's game. Roger Goodell stated, "These kind of hard hits cannot go unpunished. They risk the safety of offensive conversions and the future marketing ability of the NFL's superstars like Adrian Peterson, Brett Favre, and the Mannings." This league becomes more of a joke every year this clown is commish.
    Posted by Caesar1177[/QUOTE]

hahaha  A+

Goodell is a joke

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I heard that he also fined BB for not hiring a DC  or an OC! He based the fine as an attempt to subordinate his mandate that every team must designate a coordinator for offense and 'defense..BB lost all of his Draft choices for not doing so...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]The league office has just announced that Ron Brace and Jermane Cunningham will each be fined $10,000 for their hard hitting and gap stuffing actions in preventing Adrian Peterson from converting a 4th and 1 in last Sunday's game. Roger Goodell stated, "These kind of hard hits cannot go unpunished. They risk the safety of offensive conversions and the future marketing ability of the NFL's superstars like Adrian Peterson, Brett Favre, and the Mannings." This league becomes more of a joke every year this clown is commish.

Actually, Deaderick got the fine. He played LE more than Brace against the Vikes. I think BB may have drafted a steal in round 7 with this guy. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Well posted, Caesar!

Goodell is making a mockery of his position and the game.  Trying to prevent devastating injury is one thing; penalizing a hard but totally clean hit is quite another.

Totally agree that Deaderick was a steal lin round 7.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenderSRV. Show fenderSRV's posts

Thats some BS! If this is true before you know it Goodell will have the NFL turned into a flag football league. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Nice sarcasm. But I thought the fine to Pryor was ridiculous. He was aiming at Favre's chest, and Favre ducked down and took it on the chin! If they keep this up it's going to turn all the defenders in the league scared, and we'll be having games with scores like 84-70! Would this have been a fine had it been a QB like Fitzpatrick or Kolb? I seriously doubt it! Football is a collision sport. I understand the fines for trying to hit a guy in the head, or flagrant hits after the ball is long gone and a WR is defenseless. But going for a QB and hitting him a second after he releases the ball is a crock. Unless a guy is blatantly trying to take his head off it's simply part of the game. Hell, if they gave me $12 million I'd let Pryor smack me on the chin any day of the week! If they were really so concerned about player safety, they'd invest all this money into better helmets and padding. There has got to be a better way of determining what hits are illegal. They are diluting our favorite sport and it's very frustrating.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

In Response to Re: Brace and Cunningham Latest Pats to Receive Fines:
    [QUOTE]Nice sarcasm. But I thought the fine to Pryor was ridiculous. He was aiming at Favre's chest, and Favre ducked down and took it on the chin! If they keep this up it's going to turn all the defenders in the league scared, and we'll be having games with scores like 84-70! Would this have been a fine had it been a QB like Fitzpatrick or Kolb? I seriously doubt it! Football is a collision sport. I understand the fines for trying to hit a guy in the head, or flagrant hits after the ball is long gone and a WR is defenseless. But going for a QB and hitting him a second after he releases the ball is a crock. Unless a guy is blatantly trying to take his head off it's simply part of the game. Hell, if they gave me $12 million I'd let Pryor smack me on the chin any day of the week! If they were really so concerned about player safety, they'd invest all this money into better helmets and padding. There has got to be a better way of determining what hits are illegal. They are diluting our favorite sport and it's very frustrating.
    Posted by bubthegrub2[/QUOTE]

THE BUB has spoken!!!  Well said my friend.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

I'm worried that Belichick will get a hefty fine if he shakes Mangini's hand too firm.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3868031. Show user_3868031's posts

Goodell is an a##hole , and is ruining the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

As far as I can tell Goodall is the only person on the planet who didn't thing the hit on Farve was legal. But since it's Farve who was hit and a Patriot who did the hitting can anyone really be surprised?

Roger is currently working on a new uniform for QBs which will be made out of cloth covered bubble wrap.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]Thats some BS! If this is true before you know it Goodell will have the NFL turned into a flag football league. 
    Posted by fenderSRV[/QUOTE]
    that's original.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronf. Show ronf's posts

We are wittnesing the dismantling of Pro football. Emperor Goddell should be fired! This is ruining the game. How do you play defense. I think they want to turn it into something like basketball. I bet we start to see flopping in the NFL! "he touched me ref throw a flag".

I hope the major TV channels start their own league! That would teach the NFL a lesson!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Phoenix125. Show Phoenix125's posts

Soon a defensive back will be fined $20,000 for intercepting a pass from a team that is above .500.

I actually believed Roger Goodell would do a great job as commishoner.  At the time he was named the league had trouble with Chris Henry, Pacman Jones, and other players.  The league needed a "baby sister".  But that time has ended.

Goodell either relax or retire.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Brace and Cunningham Latest Pats to Receive Fines : if you cared enough about the topic to begin a thread about it, you should have cared enough to get your facts straight. gary guyton NOTjermaine cunningham [ i know they all look alike] received the $7,500 fine from the NFL.
    Posted by koft[/QUOTE]
    You should look up right now because there you will see the OP's point.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Brace and Cunningham Latest Pats to Receive Fines : if you cared enough about the topic to begin a thread about it, you should have cared enough to get your facts straight. gary guyton NOTjermaine cunningham [ i know they all look alike] received the $7,500 fine from the NFL.
    Posted by koft[/QUOTE]

Wow, koft. I feel for you.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

Posted by koft[/QUOTE]

Are you that dumb?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

This thread is both funny and not funny at the same time.

We've been joking about two-hand touch on the quarterback for a couple of years now and . . .  Hey! Whaddaya know? It's here.

Then we got rules to protect "defenseless" receivers  -- which, it turns out, means that receivers must now be allowed to catch the ball, land and square up before you can hit them . . .  and even then, you'd better make sure your head is not attached to your shoulders when you do.

I have no idea what's next . . .   maybe "One . . .   Mississippi, two . . .  Mississippi . . . "

Two completes for a first down, anyone?

Anyone?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxvsGiants. Show RedSoxvsGiants's posts

Cant stand Godell.  Do you realize that he made 10 million dollars last year and for what ruing the NFL.   10 million dollars for a piece of #^#%.  The A $ $ needs to be fired.  He really grinds my gears.  Its ok to protect the players from injury but it is not ok to frivilously ring up defenders for playing the game the way it is taught.  What is happening to the NFL is just disgusting and Godell needs to be fired soon.