Brady addicted to Welker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Re: Brady addicted to Welker

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

When the Greatest QB in Patriots history is addicted to the Greatest WR in Patriots history then you don't mind this addiction!

[/QUOTE]

All addictions have a downside or a hardship when the  "substance" is taken away. 

It appears the patriots offense has developed an unhealthy dependence on ww... Or it just appeared that way based on the op presumptions.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to jri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Is it an addiction or is TB just taking advantageof the best weapon available to him? It could most likely be argued both ways but I don't think we will know the answer until WW is no longer here.

[/QUOTE]

You may not want to remember 09 playoff game, or first series of '10 playoff game...

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Is it an addiction or is TB just taking advantageof the best weapon available to him? It could most likely be argued both ways but I don't think we will know the answer until WW is no longer here.

[/QUOTE]

You may not want to remember 09 playoff game, or first series of '10 playoff game...

[/QUOTE]

Again, playing devils advocate in 09 they gave up 24 in the 1st qtr and even with WW playing I am not sure they could have overcome that Balt D.

2010 he missed one series due to "disciplinary" reasons. Again playing devils advocate they drove inside the Jet 30 and TB threw an INT on a screen pass. 

I am not saying I agree or disagree with the premise of  the thread because the offense is based on quick reads and quick throws which fits WW's skill set.

[/QUOTE]

And nobody else's apparently  since WW is so unique.  One promising aspect to look at is mcd having more experience than O'Brien so this year is different in that respect. I think mcd will figure it out, and its just a matter of being creative enough to get more people involved...  Like vereen and Lloyd for starters.  These guys are capable.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Again, playing devils advocate in 09 they gave up 24 in the 1st qtr and even with WW playing I am not sure they could have overcome that Balt D.

2010 he missed one series due to "disciplinary" reasons. Again playing devils advocate they drove inside the Jet 30 and TB threw an INT on a screen pass. 

I am not saying I agree or disagree with the premise of  the thread because the offense is based on quick reads and quick throws which fits WW's skill set.

[/QUOTE]

And nobody else's apparently  since WW is so unique.  One promising aspect to look at is mcd having more experience than O'Brien so this year is different in that respect. I think mcd will figure it out, and its just a matter of being creative enough to get more people involved...  Like vereen and Lloyd for starters.  These guys are capable.

[/QUOTE]

As you advocated in your post above, I would try and get Vareen more touches going forward. In my opinion he could have the best skills in one on one match-ups. They should try and isolate him against linebackers and use him as much as possible.

[/QUOTE]

Agree...  100%... That guy is fun to watch.  He's looking more and more like a steal in that draft class.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I am not confused at all. Defense's were allowed to play football in that era...probably the reason that BB's defense's were dominant then but now he doesn't even send extra rushers any longer as CB's are not allowed to play tough with uber talented receivers.

Our offense played better on the biggest stages when the competition got the toughest in that era by being multi dimensional. Lesser talent on offense with better results. The numbers you posted above support that. 15.5 ppg scored in our last 2 SB's.....oh that's right that is all the defense's fault.

[/QUOTE]

That's it, just explain away the black and white facts comparing the Pats offense then and now.  Blame it on officiating.  Or the weather.  Anything to show that you're not wrong.  It's not like there was this thing called the Greatest Show on Turf back then.  It's not like Manning hung 40 on the Broncos one week in the playoffs and only 3 on the Pats the next week.  Nope.  Every offense was terrible back then because of the officiating.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Just saw this stat over at ESPN. Wes Welker currently is tied with Jerry Rice and Marvin Harrison for most seasons with over 100 catches (4), and he has 92 this season. If he makes another 9 catches in the next 4 games, he stands alone. Among active players, Brandon Marshall (3, with 91 this season) and Reggie Wayne (3, with 88 this season).