Brady and Moss in altercation reported by CBS analyst

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Brady and Moss in altercation reported by CBS analyst

From WEEI.com:

Former NFL GM and current CBS pregame analyst Charley Casserly reported Sunday that Tom Brady and Randy Moss "had to be separated" in the locker room following an altercation a week before the wideout was dealt to the Minnesota Vikings.

"The week before Moss was traded, Tom Brady and Randy Moss went toe-to-toe and had to be separated," Casserly told Greg Gumbel. "One of Brady's problems with Moss was his behavior as a Patriot. One of the things overheard was Brady telling Moss, 'You've got to cut your beard.' And Moss counters, 'You've got to get your hair cut. You look like a girl."

Brady commented on Moss and the trade in an interview on "Patriots All Access" last week.

"Randy really knows how I feel about him,” Brady said. "I love him as a guy, as a person, as a player. He did a lot of great things for this team. At the same time, I think coach (Bill) Belichick feels that’s what he thinks he needs to do for the team. So we as players, we deal with it and we move on. I think I’ve been around long enough to realize that nothing really surprises me. The best thing for me to do is to be the best quarterback that I can be for the team."

There is some history between Casserly and Belichick. Casserly reported on January 3, 2010 that Brady was playing with three broken ribs. The Patriots head coach was asked about the accuracy of the report the following day on The Big Show.

"Who's been wrong more than Charley Casserly since he left the Redskins? His percentage is like a meteorologist," Belichick said. "He has no relationship to this team. I'd say less than zero. Based on what? He's never at a practice, never at a game… At least he put his name on it which is more than a lot of guys. But, like he usually is, he was 100 percent wrong."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: Brady and Moss in altercation reported by CBS analyst

"Cut your beard hippy!"

"YEah? You look like a girl!"

Great stuff. I cannot fathom how Tom put up with Randy for so long. I don't think Randy is a bad guy. But he and Tom are two totally different characters.

I also wondered if the "leadership" comment Tom made after last season was partly directed at Randy outside of the fact that it was obviously directed at Adalius. Both of those players have some quit in them when it isn't going their way, and that is terrible for a young team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In Response to Re: Brady and Moss in altercation reported by CBS analyst:
    [QUOTE]"Cut your beard hippy!" "YEah? You look like a girl!" Great stuff. I cannot fathom how Tom put up with Randy for so long. I don't think Randy is a bad guy. But he and Tom are two totally  different characters. I also wondered if the "leadership" comment Tom made after last season was partly directed at Randy outside of the fact that it was obviously directed at Adalius. Both of those players have some quit in them when it isn't going their way, and that is terrible for a young team.
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

ZB..... the Brady/ Moss comments sound like friendly banter. You are not buying this stuff are you ?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

Sound out of character for both

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady and Moss in altercation reported by CBS analyst : ZB..... the Brady/ Moss comments sound like friendly banter. You are not buying this stuff are you ?
    Posted by TSWFAN[/QUOTE]

If you believe the statements as true then you have to believe the report is true which means they needed to be seperated. I wouldn't call any exchange which two people need t be seperated as friendly banter

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

thats the most made-up story ive ever heard

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]Sound out of character for both
    Posted by harleyroadking[/QUOTE]

It wouldn't be the first time Brady's confronted a player about being more Patriot like. It also wouldn't be the first time Moss has commented back when someone called out his actions. Now, the comments don't sound like either but in the heat of the moment when has anyone ever really sounded like themselves?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady and Moss in altercation reported by CBS analyst : ZB..... the Brady/ Moss comments sound like friendly banter. You are not buying this stuff are you ?
    Posted by TSWFAN[/QUOTE]

LOL. Who knows. It is hilarious. And yeah, it sounds a lot like friendly banter, not to mention I couldn't see a way that hairstyle would come into a serious conversation about football.

I am just commenting on what an odd pair they were. They would have made a great reality TV show. And the leadership comment did make me think last season, not because Moss is a cancer like AT was, I don't think that, but because he isn't a leader of young men type. With a young team I think it is crucial that your veterans ARE the kind of guys who bring them along, as opposed to the kind who plug headphones in and tune everyone out. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady and Moss in altercation reported by CBS analyst :the Brady/ Moss comments sound like friendly banter. Posted by TSWFAN[/QUOTE]

that's what it sounded like to me.

but the one observation noted was the character of Brady and Moss are miles apart. i'd have to think TB had to have a high level of tolerance to deal with Moss

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from The-dude. Show The-dude's posts

Expect stormy weather in Boston on Sunday.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brendon-Patrick. Show Brendon-Patrick's posts

Aaaaaaaaahahahaha. "You need to cut your beard! It's bugging me." "Oh yeah? Well you need to cut your hair! YOU look like a little girl!" *cue cat fight* Lol this is hilarious.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

these are grown men, you think they actually had to be separated over an argument on their hair styles? All players in the locker room get a little frustrated or bust each other's balls. If this was a reason to move Moss, well I think the Pats might have some bigger issues.

This is like reading an article from a high school newspaper about two players getting into a "scuffle." Lame story trying to cash in on hits from the recent news wave.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]these are grown men, you think they actually had to be separated over an argument on their hair styles? All players in the locker room get a little frustrated or bust each other's balls. If this was a reason to move Moss, well I think the Pats might have some bigger issues. This is like reading an article from a high school newspaper about two players getting into a "scuffle." Lame story trying to cash in on hits from the recent news wave.
    Posted by freediro[/QUOTE]

If they needed to be separated trust me the argument wasn't about hair. If that's actually what they said I feel it sounds like comments 2 people who are overly frustrated absolutely failing at trying to insult each other would make. In other words Brady thought it would be clever and well it wasn't and Moss trying to insult Brady playing off Brady's insult which was so bad it even made Moss's that bad. We've all seen fights like that in bars where people are being seperated and they start hurling insults that make no sense.

I agree though it does sound like a high school report.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

WHO BELIEVES THIS IDIOT?!!

Brady had a full fledge beard in 2003, the OL grows their beard during the season, who gave him this piece of sh*t and why did he not research and check his sources? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

AND MOSS AND BRADY WERE SITTING NEXT TO EACH OTHER THROUGHOUT THE SECOND HALF IN MIAMI! 

I know BB didn't give the media much to talk about, but come on!