Brady and the Deep Ball (Serious Discussion)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

Re: Brady and the Deep Ball (Serious Discussion)

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If Brady's reported lack of accuracy on the deep ball is age related, I still think this offense has enough going for it make a deep playoff run.  I don't see Brady's play as a huge negative.  He's still a top echelon player and will be a major reason for this team's success or lack therof. We are very spoiled in what we expect from our QB.

I remember the days when Moss was catching bombs and the criticism at the time was that Brady-to-Moss bombs wasn't going to win the Pats a Superbowl when it mattered.  We all know the rest.  Neither of those teams gets near a superbowl without Brady and with Cassell or Hoyer running the show in my opinion.  And despite a pass happy offense, those teams were minutes away from two more SB wins.   

[/QUOTE]
    I do not believe Brady's current slump is age related.  In placeing the pass where the defence has no possibility to get at it with an increased velosity, just make the chances of the reciever making the catch more difficult. Lets not forget that Brady's trusted mechanics advisor has not been there for him the last two seasons, fighting cancer and eventualy passing to it last spring. With better mechanics will come increased touch and less velocity needed. Making the recievers job easyier.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to DelGriffith's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I actually thought Brady was a very good deep ball thrower.  Maybe he's lost something. 

Regardless, I know that I would get frustrated because Manning would always throw at least one deep ball a game even if the timing didn't seem right and there appeared to be little chance of it connecting.  Over time, I figured there was a method to the madness.  Manning was simply putting the D on notice that this could happen so they'd better play honest going forward. 

Maybe that's what Brady's doing. 

Finally, Russ you calling anyone else a bully is as hypocritical a statement as you've made. 

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, right. I haven't been ganged up on this board or anything, being reported by the turds for simply having to defend myself, or anything like that. Who are you kidding?

Any topic about Brady here that is not the utmost of complimentary comments, the person is attacked by the same group.

Look at Jay's first response on this thread. He's trying to squash a legit topic because Brady isn't praised to the moon.

[/QUOTE]

Russ, just because you are in the minority re: the brady brood doesn't mean you aren't a bully.  Your problem is that your scorched earth behavior has likely burned every person on this board.  You lost supporters because you lack any sensitivity at all. 

You may be right about Brady, but you get little support because everyone wants a piece of you.  You've got no one but yourself to blame for that.  There's no victim card in message board arguments.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Russ, how about a response to my football comments.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

[QUOTE]

I am simply pointing out how ridiculous it is for the BBWs to run around blaming literally every player for any small flaw on this team, but ignoring what the reality it is, and that's #12 improving his game. 

[/QUOTE]

No you aren't, cut the BS. You've been posting the exact same thing in every thread numerous times for months and somehow you manage to get 3 paragraphs out of it. At some point I'd have to imagine you'd just give it up even if it was true. I have no problem with you thinking Brady needs to step his game up but for the love of god you said it would be a good decision to trade Brady and start Mallet after the game yesterday..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to CaptainZdeno33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I am simply pointing out how ridiculous it is for the BBWs to run around blaming literally every player for any small flaw on this team, but ignoring what the reality it is, and that's #12 improving his game. 

[/QUOTE]

No you aren't, cut the BS. You've been posting the exact same thing in every thread numerous times for months and somehow you manage to get 3 paragraphs out of it. At some point I'd have to imagine you'd just give it up even if it was true. I have no problem with you thinking Brady needs to step his game up but for the love of god you said it would be a good decision to trade Brady and start Mallet after the game yesterday..

That is when I stopped reading.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I thought the throw to Gronk deep was bad, but the throw to Lloyd deep was a classic case of a guy not being open and he threw it anyways...same to Welker deep. I always thought Brady had a very good tradjectory on his deep balls, however they have been off lately. I imagine the line play in front of him is having an effect on what he can do (when he can release the ball, set his feet, etc.).

It's very hard to tell how a guy is playing the quarterback position unless you are either at the game or have coaching tape. Watching the game from the tv it looked like guys weren't getting open - you could see him go through his reads and have to fit the ball into some tight spots. He also had to reset his feet almost every throw do to the rush...a lot of QB's can't do that.

I think it comes down to what you expect your quarterback to be able to do -if you think he's going to make every pass behind a line that can't pass block - then you don't understand football and need to get a clue.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

So, say if Brady doesn't have a good year and will be 36 next year in the last year of his deal and Mallett continues to progress, you re-up Brady at the current price of 20 mil per year for elite QBs?

Why is this such an outlandish idea? Indy just tanked their season in order to move on from Gomer because they knew they had to. The SF 49ers saw Montana fade with age and they turned to Young who was developed in the Walsh system.

The fact that this stuff can't even be comprehended by some here is childish. Also, I said if a team offered you a huge package (two 1st rders to start), that wouldn't be something to consider?

We'll see how the rest of the year goes for him and the offense, but he hasn't been consistent for a LONG time, going back to 2010, actually. 

[/QUOTE]

What exactly is your definition of a bad year? What if Brady throws for 4,000 yards 32 tds and 13 int's? Is that a bad year?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

In response to patsfan76's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rusty, this is why you are the resident clown. As I stated before, I spoke about Brady not being the best ball passer long before you, Its just I dont think its relevant now

I spoke about it when it mattered. When we were chucking the ball. Now that mOss is gone, we dont do it anymore and there is no need to point it out after EVERY missed deep ball unless you are a hater!

I never said he was the best deep thrower or that you were wrong. I said its not why we lost the game and never has been so WHO CARES!!!

Go get a room w/part timer for agreeing. I have a Wife!  Get a life , Clown

And stop taking everything I say and added to your warped agenda. WE WIN N" LOSE AS A TEAM!

You are the only nitwit who keeps trying to divide team losses into defense or offensive fault!

[/QUOTE]
    Well you did cry like a little baby to the mods in record time...Is that what your MOMMY told you to do...The only way you have a wifey is if same sex marrages are allowed in your state, but then again that would make you the wifey....Keep me out of your little slap fights with your little friends on this board. In no way am I addressing you with any points and comments on this board. You would be best to IGNORE my existance here or any where you see my name...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

We can laugh all we want, but I know one thing.  When BB thinks that another QB gives the Pats a better chance to win, he'll play.  I personally don't see it happening any time soon, but I expect that the day will come and BB will be as cold blooded as ever and Brady will either accept that the end is near or he'll pull a Manning and finish out his days somewhere else.  I just don't see that Brady isn't the guy to lead this team despite his relative immobility and his supposed lack of a deep ball.   

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Why aren't you picking on the offensive lineman that you said was going to be great before anyone else had a clue (Donald Thomas ). I like how you praised this guy without seeing him play for more than 10 minutes...we'll just add that to your long list of misses.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

[QUOTE]

So, say if Brady doesn't have a good year and will be 36 next year in the last year of his deal and Mallett continues to progress, you re-up Brady at the current price of 20 mil per year for elite QBs?

Why is this such an outlandish idea? Indy just tanked their season in order to move on from Gomer because they knew they had to. The SF 49ers saw Montana fade with age and they turned to Young who was developed in the Walsh system.

The fact that this stuff can't even be comprehended by some here is childish. Also, I said if a team offered you a huge package (two 1st rders to start), that wouldn't be something to consider?

We'll see how the rest of the year goes for him and the offense, but he hasn't been consistent for a LONG time, going back to 2010, actually. 

[/QUOTE]

Whether Luck comes close to being as good as Manning is still unknown.  How many times in NFL history has a great quarterback been replaced by another great quarterback like Young following Montana?  It hardly ever happens.  Who followed Elway, Unitas, Marino, Bradshaw, Staubach?  Can you even name them?  Mallett may turn out to be a good quarterback, but the odds of him being as great as Brady are awfully long.  

Brady threw 75 touchdown passes during the regular season in 2011 and 2012 and led the Patriots to 27 of a possible 32 wins.  That is as much consistency as anyone has a right to expect. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

GrifithWasDelGriffith if NE every sees a QB close to Brady we will be doublably blessed, but it would be in the next 20 years,  Just let us enjoy this one while it lasts.  If Brady has the worse year of his career this year it will still be twice as good as Sanchez will have for your Jest

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

Don't you mean They need to be better?  Why is everything the fault of TB?  Oh wait because you are trolling, sorry continue please

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

How can you call for serious discussion and then argue that Matt freaking Cassel would put up better numbers than Brady in this offense.  Are we talking about the same Matt Cassel who didn't do squat against Buffalo until garbage time.  The same Buffalo team that got shredded by Mark Sanchez last week.  Just stop already.  We know you want to get rid of Brady.  No one agrees with you.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sfpat. Show sfpat's posts

But the issue is Father Time is cruel and doesn't care what one did in the past or last year.  When he calls, he calls and there is not much one can do about it.

(by the way, Rodgers was a pretty good replacement for Favre)

25. This post has been removed.