Brady and the Deep Ball (Serious Discussion)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSthebest. Show PATSthebest's posts

Re: Brady and the Deep Ball (Serious Discussion)

In response to DelGriffith's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So, say if Brady doesn't have a good year and will be 36 next year in the last year of his deal and Mallett continues to progress, you re-up Brady at the current price of 20 mil per year for elite QBs?

Why is this such an outlandish idea? Indy just tanked their season in order to move on from Gomer because they knew they had to. The SF 49ers saw Montana fade with age and they turned to Young who was developed in the Walsh system.

The fact that this stuff can't even be comprehended by some here is childish. Also, I said if a team offered you a huge package (two 1st rders to start), that wouldn't be something to consider?

We'll see how the rest of the year goes for him and the offense, but he hasn't been consistent for a LONG time, going back to 2010, actually. 

[/QUOTE]

If there was any thought of trading Brady because he is losing his magic, should have pulled the trigger this past spring. Elway was chopping at the bit, get two first rounders for Brady then sign free agent Peyton Manning.

I'm not suggesting we should have traded Brady, I'm just saying that would have been a hell of an opportunity.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

How can you call for serious discussion and then argue that Matt freaking Cassel would put up better numbers than Brady in this offense.  Are we talking about the same Matt Cassel who didn't do squat against Buffalo until garbage time.  The same Buffalo team that got shredded by Mark Sanchez last week.  Just stop already.  We know you want to get rid of Brady.  No one agrees with you.

[/QUOTE]

I want Brady to be more consistent. Are you that immature that you can't handle that?

[/QUOTE]

Nice deflection.  You're already on record saying you'd trade Brady and start Mallett.  You're on record saying you'd prefer Matt Cassel.  So either you are lying or you want Brady gone.  There is nothing inaccurate about what I said.  In addition my other point is that it is absurd imo to argue that Cassel would outperform Brady if he was here which you chose not to acknowledge.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[/QUOTE]

Without a doubt Cassel could do better with all of the weapons that BB has put together for this offense. 

[/QUOTE]

Whatever else Rusty may or may not be, you've got to admit, he's got one hell of a sense of humor.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I am not saying at all that Brady is done. He has had trouble with the long ball this season their have been drops yes, but he has been less than accurate on a few deep balls. There could be many reasons for this; He is not quite adjusted to Lloyds cadence and pace,he isn't as comfortable in the poicket w/o HOF Light watching his blind side,he is 35 and has surgery each of the last 4 off seasons and a new OC even if he has worked with him before. All of these may contribute to his less than stellar performances. Even when TB was winning SBs people used to knock his arm on the deep ball. I think we will work out this situation sooner than later and don't think it will be a serious issue.

One thing is for sure, I really under estimated the importance of Matt Light, who never WOWed but was consistently very very good at a really tough position.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

How can you call for serious discussion and then argue that Matt freaking Cassel would put up better numbers than Brady in this offense.  Are we talking about the same Matt Cassel who didn't do squat against Buffalo until garbage time.  The same Buffalo team that got shredded by Mark Sanchez last week.  Just stop already.  We know you want to get rid of Brady.  No one agrees with you.

[/QUOTE]

I want Brady to be more consistent. Are you that immature that you can't handle that?

[/QUOTE]

Nice deflection.  You're already on record saying you'd trade Brady and start Mallett.  You're on record saying you'd prefer Matt Cassel.  So either you are lying or you want Brady gone.  There is nothing inaccurate about what I said.  In addition my other point is that it is absurd imo to argue that Cassel would outperform Brady if he was here which you chose not to acknowledge.

[/QUOTE]

Not trade Brady but given the up the middle rush of the Cardinals and Brady's lack of mobility I wouldn't have minded seeing Mallet in for a series just to see if his ability to escape the pocket would benfit the situation.