Brady and Welker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

Brady and Welker

Very tough loss for the Patriots yesterday. I can certainly understand the frustration of coming so close, only to see it slip away, but I was kind of surprised at some of the comments made about Tom Brady & Wes Welker.
     They may not of had their best game yesterday, but to throw them under the bus,  like some did on the Game Thread last night, isn't very classy.
     These are two of the toughest competitors to ever play the game. Remember, they aren't robots, so they will never be perfect. I thought the Pat's defense played pretty good last night. Manning almost had to be perfect on many of his throws because the Patriot defense had pretty good coverage at times.
     But it was Tom Brady and the offense that got the Patriots back in the Super Bowl. . The injury to Gronkowski was huge. I know no one likes to make excuses, but he's such a big part of their offense and unquestionably one of the best players in the game.
     As for Welker, he has made so many unbelieveable catches over the past few years that many have come to expect perfection out of him, the same with Tom Brady. No one in the league gets more out of his ability than Wes Welker. Personally I thought the pass was a little off which but he almost came up with another great catch anyway, just my opinion though. I didn't really get to see it in slow motion, I'm just giving my opinion on what I seen in 'live action'.
     As for Tom Brady, I just hope people don't base their opinion on him solely on these two close SB losses to the Giants.  I'll also be willing to bet that Tom Brady never blames Welker for the incompletion, as well  as Welker won't blame anyone else for not coming up with that catch.
     Tough loss, but the Patriots still had a remarkable season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Re: Brady and Welker

I didn't read the game thread, never do. But it's a real disappointment to hear about this. Kind of like when the players in the stadium booed Vinatieri.

Get some perspective people. You can be angry with a play or two, but give me a break. There are some athletes who get free passes...Brady has a warehouse full of them, and Welker has a fair supply in his own right.

These 2 guys will be prominently featured members of the Patriots HOF when that time comes.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Thanks again, another class post by you. Totally agree, Brady and Welker are the heart and soul of the team. Pats wouldn't have been anywhere near the Super Bowl without them, and the Gronk injury hurt more than most can see at this point. Sure, it hurts to lose the Super Bowl, but I'm already looking forward to next season. With 2 first and 2 second round draft picks, and lots of cap space, they are in great position.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In Response to Brady and Welker:
    [QUOTE] Very tough loss for the Patriots yesterday. I can certainly understand the frustration of coming so close, only to see it slip away, but I was kind of surprised at some of the comments made about Tom Brady & Wes Welker.  They may not of had their best game yesterday, but to throw them under the bus,  like some did on the Game Thread last night, isn't very classy.  These are two of the toughest competitors to ever play the game. Remember, they aren't robots, so they will never be perfect. I thought the Pat's defense played pretty good last night. Manning almost had to be perfect on many of his throws because the Patriot defense had pretty good coverage at times.  But it was Tom Brady and the offense that got the Patriots back in the Super Bowl. . The injury to Gronkowski was huge. I know no one likes to make excuses, but he's such a big part of their offense and unquestionably one of the best players in the game.  As for Welker, he has made so many unbelieveable catches over the past few years that many have come to expect perfection out of him, the same with Tom Brady. No one in the league gets more out of his ability than Wes Welker. Personally I thought the pass was a little off which but he almost came up with another great catch anyway, just my opinion though. I didn't really get to see it in slow motion, I'm just giving my opinion on what I seen in 'live action'.  As for Tom Brady, I just hope people don't base their opinion on him solely on these two close SB losses to the Giants.  I'll also be willing to bet that Tom Brady never blames Welker for the incompletion, as well  as Welker won't blame anyone else for not coming up with that catch.  Tough loss, but the Patriots still had a remarkable season.                  
    Posted by Steelcurtain75[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the good post.

I think it's just that Pats fans have seen Brady and Welker connect on passes like that so often, we've come to expect them to always make the play.

It killed a drive that the Pats really needed to keep going.

It would've given the Pats at least three more points, if they'd kept it up, and would've taken significant time offf the clock.

But, them's the breaks...

Man, I hate losing to NY teams...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

He was wide open and Brady missed him without pressure.  He threw back shoulder - guess playing it extra safe.  Brady was 27 of 41.  Take away the two drives where he played well (16 for 16)  and he was 11 of 25.  That's called choking in the big game.

Welker just dropped it.  Not sure why - but it was a horrible play and not something to be dismissed because he had 13 catches against the Bills one time.  He has to make that play.  He cost the team big time.

It can only be compared to Buckner.  It is that bad.  Buckner was a good guy and a fan favorite too.

Neither of these guys will recover from this - it's a shame but they choked on the biggest stage and I doubt they'll be on that stage together again.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In Response to Brady and Welker:
    [QUOTE] Very tough loss for the Patriots yesterday. I can certainly understand the frustration of coming so close, only to see it slip away, but I was kind of surprised at some of the comments made about Tom Brady & Wes Welker.  They may not of had their best game yesterday, but to throw them under the bus,  like some did on the Game Thread last night, isn't very classy.  These are two of the toughest competitors to ever play the game. Remember, they aren't robots, so they will never be perfect. I thought the Pat's defense played pretty good last night. Manning almost had to be perfect on many of his throws because the Patriot defense had pretty good coverage at times.  But it was Tom Brady and the offense that got the Patriots back in the Super Bowl. . The injury to Gronkowski was huge. I know no one likes to make excuses, but he's such a big part of their offense and unquestionably one of the best players in the game.  As for Welker, he has made so many unbelieveable catches over the past few years that many have come to expect perfection out of him, the same with Tom Brady. No one in the league gets more out of his ability than Wes Welker. Personally I thought the pass was a little off which but he almost came up with another great catch anyway, just my opinion though. I didn't really get to see it in slow motion, I'm just giving my opinion on what I seen in 'live action'.  As for Tom Brady, I just hope people don't base their opinion on him solely on these two close SB losses to the Giants.  I'll also be willing to bet that Tom Brady never blames Welker for the incompletion, as well  as Welker won't blame anyone else for not coming up with that catch.  Tough loss, but the Patriots still had a remarkable season.                  

Good post Steelcurtain.  I peeked in on the game thread and just turned the computer off.  Sounded like a bunch of whiny little girls.  And the "Brady stinks" threads are really absurd.  Anyone who understands anything about football knows that this team had a lot of holes in talent and getting as far as it did was actually a remarkable feat.  You are right that Brady and Welker weren't perfect last night -- but when you have really only three major weapons (Gronk, Hernandez, and Welker) and one of them is injured, it makes life a lot easier for the defense and a lot harder for the QB and the two remaining receivers. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

I Response to Brady and Welker:
    The loss was predictable. The play calling was bad by OBIE, and, there was clearly no viable Plan B to fall back on when the offense couldn't score by throwing. IMO, they didn't run nearly enough and our D (altho improved) could not make a stop when the game was on the line.