Brady can only carry this team so far

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from millergrnv. Show millergrnv's posts

Brady can only carry this team so far

Another disappointing end to the Patriots season. Its definetly a tough pill to swallow as Patriots fans, but the team has to move forward to 2013 and finish what they started. I know I will get a lot of grief for this, but Brady can only carry this team so far because when he makes a mistake, they can't overcome that mistake. I don't know what it exactly is about this offense, but when in the postseason, its like they tighten up and mistakes happen or they don't take advantage of the possessions they get. Defensively, there is a reason why the Patriots are 9th against the run, because teams have success throwing it on them and they give up big plays. Ninkovich is right when he said "That whole era is gone with. Its over" because that was the era with Bruschi, McGinest, Vrabel, Milloy, Law, and Seymour. Coach Belichick needs to figure out how to get this defense up to par because in the postseason, you have to rely on a stout defense to be strong against the run, pass, and stop offenses in key moments in the game like the San Francisco 49ers defense. In the early years, the Patriots defense was stout against the run, pass, and came up with key stops when it mattered. This defense is not even close and unless that changes, it might stay this way for another couple of years.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Brady can only carry this team so far

The team is like a bunch of others - mediocre - but with a great HC and QB. This is obvious. Just ask Tedy. Improve the supporting cast and you will improve the result.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

as long as people keep thinking Mayo and Chung are all pro, why would anyone change anything??  Let these guys tell it we are only 2 Dt's, 2 pass rushers, 2 CBs,. one safety and one coverage linebacker away from being a formidable defense. How long you think its gonna take BB to find all that...What...one offseason??

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In response to millergrnv's comment:

Another disappointing end to the Patriots season. Its definetly a tough pill to swallow as Patriots fans, but the team has to move forward to 2013 and finish what they started. I know I will get a lot of grief for this, but Brady can only carry this team so far because when he makes a mistake, they can't overcome that mistake. I don't know what it exactly is about this offense, but when in the postseason, its like they tighten up and mistakes happen or they don't take advantage of the possessions they get. Defensively, there is a reason why the Patriots are 9th against the run, because teams have success throwing it on them and they give up big plays. Ninkovich is right when he said "That whole era is gone with. Its over" because that was the era with Bruschi, McGinest, Vrabel, Milloy, Law, and Seymour. Coach Belichick needs to figure out how to get this defense up to par because in the postseason, you have to rely on a stout defense to be strong against the run, pass, and stop offenses in key moments in the game like the San Francisco 49ers defense. In the early years, the Patriots defense was stout against the run, pass, and came up with key stops when it mattered. This defense is not even close and unless that changes, it might stay this way for another couple of years.

My TV picture was kind of fuzzy Sunday. Was that Mayo in the backfield? Dennard at WR? Was Hightower playing TE? I want to know who to "blame" for teh offense failing miserably in teh Red Zone. You know what that is, right Sport? That's the field inside yoiur opponet's 20 yard line. The Ravens went 4-4 on trips in to TD's, while the brilliant, All World (Universe, Gallation, Inter Stellar Pats offense went 1-4, with 2 FG's and a turn over on downs). 

Here's a clue for you pink hatted homies: The defense played BETTER than they did in the first Raven's game, while the Amazing Disappearing Brady & Co did significantly worse. But, you go right on ahead and keep blaming the defense.  I just love your objectivity.

I was on this board last week saying how the DB's were going to get clobbered by the Ravens WR's.  You pink hats disregarded this, claiming the D was going to play better, and that Brady was going to bring it home. Guess what? The D played as predicted (no big surprise there to anyone not wearing a pink hat or blinders), yet Brady never showed up. Or, at least the one that did "ran out of gas".

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

he's been turning the ball over a lot in the playoffs the past 6 or 7 years.  Turnovers often decide games. Sundays outcome would have been different if the Ravens had turned it over 3 times and the Patriots hadn't turned it over at all. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Brady a GREAT QB??? Lets look at his playoff stats. 42 TD to 22 INTS. Not even a 2:1 ratio.....