Brady fined

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

Brady fined

$10,000.00 for the Ty Cobb slide....thoughts

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: Brady fined

In response to harleyroadking1's comment:

$10,000.00 for the Ty Cobb slide....thoughts

It was a stupid thing to do and I have no problem with the fine.  I don't think the intent was that bad because he doesn't have a history of doing that kind of stuff and it was incredibly risky as a bad collision would have probably shattered his leg.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

He has plenty of cash.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Stupid play for sure by not fine worthy. Only because it's Brady and the Patriots does it happen.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Have to see the replay, but to me it looked more like a snap reaction defensive move.

There's no guarantee he would have stopped and was fined for the very same thing last year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

poor decision by Brady on a day full of them...fine seems about right

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

Stupid play for sure by not fine worthy. Only because it's Brady and the Patriots does it happen.

Ah, the conspiracy theory surfaces!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEBACK. Show WeDerrWEBACK's posts

suspension is warranted. deliberately trying to injure another player.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Seems fair. He doesn't have a whole lot of history doing underhanded things...but that was a dangerous, stupid, and intentional kick. Had any QB on another team done that to McCourty/Gregory or any other DB, people would be screaming.

With all these rules to protect the offense, and specifically the QB, the league should probably come down even harder when QBs do the wrong thing. Suh, with his colorful history, got 5x the fine for a very similar play.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

It was dumb, he was showing his frustration there. 

But could it have been for different reasons?  Remember when him and Lewis got in each others face in a prior game, either last playoffs or week 3, can't remember which game but they are always showing the clip of him and Lewis jawing at each other after a play.  Well that play Brady was running down the field and he slid but one of the defenders jumped onto him on the ground.  Brady jumped up mad, the Raven player got a penalty and Brady and Lewis got in each others face.  Well maybe Brady thought that might happen again so he put his foot up to stop Reed from jumping on him on the ground.  Just a thought.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

Good fine.  I believe that he was just puttin his leg out there to make sure he didn't get clocked - just an instinctive thing to protect himself.  However, intent aside, he clearly stuck his foot in Reed's leg after he had slid.  It was a dangerous play, and therefore he should be fined. Just like those bang-bang defensive plays with helmet-to-helmet, intent is less important than the end result...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

The fine is warranted but i'm glad Brady did it, I'd bet good money Reed would have taken a cheap shot otherwise  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

It was a worthy fine. If Brady was worried about getting hit, he should have braced himself and taken the 15 yards to help the team. Sticking his leg out like that leaves him vulnerable to getting hurt the same way RG3 did.

The Gore fine was a bit ridiculous though.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

Brady's wife made more than the 10k while I was writing this response...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

In my humble opinion, I believe Brady was more or less trying to protect himself from getting smashed as opposed to injuring someone else.  Understand, the mindset of the "team" they were playing against...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

This is what I respect most out of the  regular's like you Harley. I can never understand why certain people come on here and claim that Patriot fans are arrogant. I have found that many are just die-hard fans who love their team...more people should respect that! As for all the one's who are calling for the heads of, Welker, Brady or Belechick after that disappointing loss sunday, I chalk it up more to frustration then anything else. It happens in a lot of cities... I myself am guilty of it at times. But come next year, it's a new year with new hope and everyone will be back on the wagon.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to WeDerrWEBACK's comment:

suspension is warranted. deliberately trying to injure another player.

suspension? lmao now thats a joke. brady apologized to reed and reed said he wasnt even that upset over it. it was a mistake and he paid for it....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Don't care ... He can afford it. . Inconsequential , stupid move, meaningless.

Reminded me of roger Clemens wigging out and throwing the broken bat in direction of piazza...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

In response to Steelcurtain75's comment:

This is what I respect most out of the  regular's like you Harley. I can never understand why certain people come on here and claim that Patriot fans are arrogant. I have found that many are just die-hard fans who love their team...more people should respect that! As for all the one's who are calling for the heads of, Welker, Brady or Belechick after that disappointing loss sunday, I chalk it up more to frustration then anything else. It happens in a lot of cities... I myself am guilty of it at times. But come next year, it's a new year with new hope and everyone will be back on the wagon.

Nice post steelcurtain! I was just thinking the other day I haven't seen you here in a long time.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

thanks steel you are fine example of true sportsmanship your comments are alwaywelcome here

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

That was the funniest play of the game. As far as the fine, Brady has socks that cost more than that.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

speaking of socks Gores fine imore than Bradys??????

SANTA CLARA, Calif. (AP) — Frank Gore will pay closer attention to his socks for the Super Bowl.

The San Francisco 49ers running back was fined $10,500 by the NFL on Wednesday after he wore his socks too low in Sunday's NFC Championship Game at Atlanta, a uniform violation. It marked the second time he was fined this season.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

speaking of socks Gores fine imore than Bradys??????

SANTA CLARA, Calif. (AP) — Frank Gore will pay closer attention to his socks for the Super Bowl.

The San Francisco 49ers running back was fined $10,500 by the NFL on Wednesday after he wore his socks too low in Sunday's NFC Championship Game at Atlanta, a uniform violation. It marked the second time he was fined this season.

I guess Gore has socks that cost more than that as well.