Brady Freaks Out

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: Brady Freaks Out

"Brady was TERRIBLE in the red zone."

You must of missed Hernandez and Welker both dropping End Zone TD passed that him them right in the hands.  We had to settle for FG both times.  Next time get better seats so you don't end up saying foolish things.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In Response to Re: Brady Freaks Out:
    [QUOTE]Some of you guys are wearing blinders.  That throw was Brady fault all the way.  Brady had a ok day today but he made atleast five or 6 bad throws today.  OBrian was right to question Brady throw.  If Brady does wrong he need to be told.  OBrian I applaud you for your standing up to Brady.  And I am one of the biggest Tom Brady fan.  Lets go PATRIOTS!!!!!!
    Posted by mississippipatfan[/QUOTE]

Did you see Bill O'Brien go off?  Bad throw or not the receiver needs to make sure he isn't undercut and he attempts to go after the ball if not to make the catch at least to knock away an int.

Put the blame on Brady but for Bill O'Brien to go off on TFB like he did, yelling, tearing off his head set is not how you talk to your MVP, HOF'er, legend QB.  If BB see's fit to do it fine but not Bill [expletive] head, piece of [expletive] O'Brien. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RTSully6931. Show RTSully6931's posts

Watching it live It looked like just a bad throw. But having now having seen the tape it appears that three things happened. One, a not so great pass. Two, very clear pass interference which allowed Underwood to be undercut by the defensive back. And three, Underwood not going strong after the ball. Just a bad play all around, that should still have resulted in First and Goal on the interference. A poorly called game by the refs. I was sitting next to some Redskins fans who were just shaking their heads at some of the calls. Particularly the roughimg call on Carter. That was an awful call.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Brady prolly was initially mad cause he felt that Underwood didn't "fight" for the ball. After having a confronation with OB, he prolly realized afterwards that mebbe it was a poor decision and a poor throw.

That's how Divas behave....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfiton. Show kjfiton's posts

why would they even be throwing down there when a fg would have iced the game? they did the same thing against the bills and it cost them the game. the play calling is atrocious and it will cost them in the playoff game if the defense doesn't do it first.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

The Pats made a lot of bad tactical decisiones in this game. They should not have been passing it there at all. As someone said at the beginning of these comments just run it three straight times, kick the field goal and walk out with the win. They are just lucky that Redskin receiver coughed up the ball because if it had gone to 4th down I suspect the Redskins have at least one wide open reciever in the end zone.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

That wasn't Brady's best throw, but it was a pass that a good receiver would have either caught or batted down.  

Unfortunately, this is Underwood's preseason . . . 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

O'Brien.. oh yeah he's that guy that fought with Randy Moss last year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

[QUOTE]why would they even be throwing down there when a fg would have iced the game? they did the same thing against the bills and it cost them the game. the play calling is atrocious and it will cost them in the playoff game if the defense doesn't do it first.
    Posted by kjfiton[/QUOTE]

KJF... You are absolutely correct. With the Defense having a terrible day Brady needs to " take the money and run"

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady Freaks Out : Yeah but O'Brein put the personal in their and called the play, Underwood was open and Brady threw a great pass. Except the DB made a better play for the ball and Underwood just watched him take it away. In the end it is O'Brien who should have called a running play and then kick a FG if it doesn't work. Instead we had this, therefore i think O'Brien shoudl be gone because he hasn't proved why he should stay, plus he acted like a little girl on the sidelines. You think Brady will be throwing to him again this year?
    Posted by freediro[/QUOTE]
    You don't think Brady has call authority at the line of scrimmage? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]Just read that Brady was actually trying to throw it to Gronk on that play, wow that was a pretty terrible throw if that's the case. He over threw a guy that is 6'7" from 12 feet away and you can tell from the replay that he WAS trying to throw it to Gronk. Man he was off today on quite a few throws...yet he still had 256 yards, and three touchdowns. Not bad for a bad game. 
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

I call BS on this.  If he was throwing at Gronkowski, then why was he yelling at Underwood on the sideline to go get the ball? 

why was he saying to O'brien that Underwood was open? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady Freaks Out : You don't think Brady has call authority at the line of scrimmage? 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]
    When all is said and done, regardless of the call, if the players DO NOT EXECUTE, the blame is ultimately on the players.  Even at audible at the line has the expectation of execution. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]why would they even be throwing down there when a fg would have iced the game? they did the same thing against the bills and it cost them the game. the play calling is atrocious and it will cost them in the playoff game if the defense doesn't do it first.
    Posted by kjfiton[/QUOTE]
    Its a good point.  That was Brady being greedy.  No one else to blame.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady Freaks Out : I call BS on this.  If he was throwing at Gronkowski, then why was he yelling at Underwood on the sideline to go get the ball?  why was he saying to O'brien that Underwood was open? 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]
    I've said this earlier... Underwood was OPEN when the pass left Brady's hand and the Dback, who is SHORTER than Underwood, made the play while Underwood, basically, watched.  Underwood could have also broken up the play to prevent the interception, which he obviously did not.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady Freaks Out : When all is said and done, regardless of the call, if the players DO NOT EXECUTE, the blame is ultimately on the players.  Even at audible at the line has the expectation of execution. 
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]
    Bill - its just like Manning or any of the really elite QBs.  They have audible authority, and regardless of what may have been called (don't players like this get 2 or 3 plays given to them?) the QB's are confident enough (which is a good thing) to make every play.  Sometimes they come up short. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady Freaks Out : I've said this earlier... Underwood was OPEN when the pass left Brady's hand and the Dback, who is SHORTER than Underwood, made the play while Underwood, basically, watched.  Underwood could have also broken up the play to prevent the interception, which he obviously did not.
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]
    I think its easier said than done, but I won't completely disagree about the receiver playing defense.  I am not sure I agree that Underwood was open. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

I'd rather have a spirited TB on my team than the pouting PM when Dungy decided not to go for the undefeated regular season.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

It's clear and obvious to many posters on here exactly what happened:

Bill O'Brian picked a fight out of the blue with Tom Brady on the sidelines, unfairly berating him for an Interception which was shown on replay to be the faults of Tiquan Underwood, Brandon Spikes, and Devin McCourty...and Bill O'Brian too for that matter...  Pat Chung, Ochocinco, Kevin Faulk, AND Tom Brady attempted to stop these 4 from sabotoging the play, but to no avail.   

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from gandalf433. Show gandalf433's posts

[QUOTE]Hopefully BB sees all he needs and sends O'brein packing. OB questioned TB's decision to go to Underwood I think, I'm glad TB fired back.
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

TB needed to be dressed down! He was acting like a Prima Donna, blaming the interception on Underwood when his throw was to blame. O'Brien was right to stand up for Underwood. Don't think other offensive players weren't happy to see O'Brien step in. I love TB, but he needed this public spanking. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]I'd rather have a spirited TB on my team than the pouting PM when Dungy decided not to go for the undefeated regular season.
    Posted by nyjoseph[/QUOTE]

"Spirited" - LOL.  What you had in yesterday was a 5 year old's response of blaming someone else for the milk he spilled. 

Sugarcoat it all you like.  Manning's never been perfect, but as you are seeing now, neither is Brady.  In fact, Brady is currently getting a taste of what it is like to be Peyton Manning.  He has to win games for his team without the benefit of a stout defense.  His early career was a luxury.  Now he has to work, and the recent postseason results aren't spectacular.  It ain't easy for Brady these days.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

Brady was off all day.  He missed Branch, Welker, Hernandez and Gronk on other occasions.  He threw one 6 feet over Woodhead.  O'Brien was right to call Brady out.  There is no way he should have been throwing a pass like that with the score close.  That pass had interception written all over it.  There needs to be better play selection in the red zone.  A field goal virtually ends the game.  Play it safe and all this discussion is for naught.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Phillipston. Show Phillipston's posts

Brady was heated, as any competitor should be,  whether he was right or wrong is a different topic.  BoB should have calmed him down and said we'll discuss it after the game and work on fixing the problem, not throw fuel on the fire.  If I was Brady at that point I'd have reacted the same way to BoB.  The fact that BoB had to be restrained should not go unnoticed by BB and Kraft.  That is not a coach, or a leader of men.

25. This post has been removed.