Brady Freaks Out

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Re: Brady Freaks Out

In Response to Re: Brady Freaks Out:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady Freaks Out : I agree with your comment.  BUT this thread is titled Brady freaks out.  It clearly looks like it was OBrien who was the one freaking out and this thread is the perfect place to discuss this.
    Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE]

Point taken: My read was Brady Freaks out about the play. Obrien responded poorly by going up to ANYONE at that point. Whether Obrien is worth his job has little to do, IMHO with Brady freaking out, it has more to do with his ridiculous timing, but I get your read. Thanks

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady Freaks Out : Hilarious.  Like last year in Miami, SD or at home against Balt and Minny? What about in December last year when NE's D was the best in the NFL for a whole month? Didn't the D carry Brady and the offense in Dallas, Giants, second Jets and Chiefs games as NE's offense fiddled their respective diddles for an entire  half? What an absolute CROCK.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

Believe me Rusty - I wish it wasn't true - but when the Pats get knocked out of the playoffs again this year in the 1st or 2nd round ( depending on if they get a bye) what are you going to say then - if the offense score 21 points and they lose are you going to hang it on the offense

The truth is many of us( and I am on top of this list)  have roasted the Colts for years for their playoff failures - and while I still and will always believe that Tom Brady is a better money QB than Peyton Manning it is not going to make any difference when this seive of a D gets done getting a 30+ spot hung on it by Baltimore/Pitts

But I am honest enough to admit that it is true that the Colts have built their team for years around Manning and they never had a championship D - even the year they won( after the BS in the AFCCG) that was more their D getting hot at the right time vs being really good

And now the Pats are in the same place - their D is simply pathetic by any reasonable standard  - just like the Colts always were

How can we make fun of Manning now - when Brady's playoff record is being slowly crippled by a high school caliber D -

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]Brady def. knows that his defense is a revolving door. His desire to win is what makes him want to throw more because he knows his defense aint stopping anyone. My only question is wil our defense ever be our strength again or we will continue to live and die on Brady's arm until he retires, then build up our "D" again and win with a game manager. My problem is that someone needs to tell B.B. that its his decisions that have our defense looking horrible and passing as much as possible only causes more 3 and outs and hinders your already bad defense. This formula is so old and sickening. Pass, Pass, Pass on the way to a 14-0 lead and continue to pass while the defense catches on and the defense gets hung out to dry and evenutally wilts under pressure and caves in. The results are teams coming screaming back in the 4th quarter due to no T.O.P and then we are trying to run the ball at the end when everyone knows its coming and followed by a 3 and out and the ball back to the opposing offense to tie or win. This is not gonna work today, tommorow, or 10 years from now in the playoffs.
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

TOP is a funny stat Jay. 

Half of it is the defense getting themselves off the field. And NE's defense is the 28th worst in the league at TOP per drive, which is unsurprising because they are last in 3rd down percentage. Last in 20yd+ plays. And last in yards. That all adds up to time. And getting rest won't help them.

Heck, they had half time and back to back offensive drives for ten unanswered points that consumed six minutes and the defense still gave up a TD. They had a six minute scoring drive yesterday, that included a lengthy injury timeout as well, and they gave up a TD after that.

What do they need a gurney and three day's recovery time after playing 8 downs of football? 

The offense is 12th in TOP per drive IIRC. Yeah, the offense could probably milk another 15 seconds per drive or something, which would effectively bring them into the top five, but in reality they would have a better chance of doing that if they weren't under the gun to put points up at such a rate. And I doubt an extra minute or so per game would improve on what you saw from the defense yesterday. 

We've been through this, though, so I don't think we need to re-hash it my friend. In my opinion, TOP, last year, wasn't a problem (35+minutes), running wasn't a problem (114 yards, 4+ YPC) you can top that by having a lead late and adding a few more runs.  

I don't disagree that running is important ... I just think it's categorically false to say they did not run in the playoffs, and to say that running doesn't count when it's the RB you don't like, and to say the running game they have now is a major roadblock to success -- or the way they use it. 

Even now, as I am doing it, it seems silly to me to nitpick the offense about a couple plays that weren't perfect when the defense is still sobbing and looking for its panties in the bushes. 

NE will run the football in the playoffs, unless they are getting blown out. They have in the past more often than not, and they will again.

I'm inclined to think they will run it well again, because they do that too.   

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady Freaks Out : Believe me Rusty - I wish it wasn't true - but when the Pats get knocked out of the playoffs again this year in the 1st or 2nd round ( depending on if they get a bye) what are you going to say then - if the offense score 21 points and they lose are you going to hang it on the offense The truth is many of us( and I am on top of this list)  have roasted the Colts for years for their playoff failures - and while I still and will always believe that Tom Brady is a better money QB than Peyton Manning it is not going to make any difference when this seive of a D gets done getting a 30+ spot hung on it by Baltimore/Pitts But I am honest enough to admit that it is true that the Colts have built their team for years around Manning and they never had a championship D - even the year they won( after the BS in the AFCCG) that was more their D getting hot at the right time vs being really good And now the Pats are in the same place - their D is simply pathetic by any reasonable standard  - just like the Colts always were How can we make fun of Manning now - when Brady's playoff record is being slowly crippled by a high school caliber D -
    Posted by qball369[/QUOTE]

qball:

No question, the only way we move on in the payoffs is through turnovers and luck on the D side. I am hoping for both, on too many passing plays we are getting beat and even if we gain back Chung and others, this does not improve much.

TB and the O will have to be right on and opportunity D fence will be the name of the game, taking risks going after the ball.

Maybe we can get some of the Tebow magic

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady Freaks Out : qball: No question, the only way we move on in the payoffs is through turnovers and luck on the D side. I am hoping for both, on too many passing plays we are getting beat and even if we gain back Chung and others, this does not improve much. TB and the O will have to be right on and opportunity D fence will be the name of the game, taking risks going after the ball. Maybe we can get some of the Tebow magic
    Posted by gmbill[/QUOTE]

Agree 100% - I am hoping for a little 2001 magic with the special teams for the Pats in these playoffs

Also - maybe the Pats D - as bad as it is - could get a few turnovers come playoff time - the 2001 team did that too - as many yards as they are giving up playing soft, safe zones maybe they should gamble more - they don't have anything to lose from where I sit

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Like this comment from Brady, He knows it was all him:

On the high visibility of the sideline argument:
    "Hopefully my mom wasn't trying to read my lips. It's so emotional, when you get caught up in a game like that, and the tensions run high and there's pressure on every play, that's what happens. Certainly when I miss plays and miss throws that really could help us take control of the game, I get very frustrated, and I think that frustration comes out in different ways."

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady Freaks Out : Agree 100% - I am hoping for a little 2001 magic with the special teams for the Pats in these playoffs Also - maybe the Pats D - as bad as it is - could get a few turnovers come playoff time - the 2001 team did that too - as many yards as they are giving up playing soft, safe zones maybe they should gamble more - they don't have anything to lose from where I sit
    Posted by qball369[/QUOTE]

Amen. (I thought of 2001 also)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady Freaks Out : TOP is a funny stat Jay.  Half of it is the defense getting themselves off the field. And NE's defense is the 28th worst in the league at TOP per drive, which is unsurprising because they are last in 3rd down percentage. Last in 20yd+ plays. And last in yards. That all adds up to time. And getting rest won't help them. Heck, they had half time and back to back offensive drives for ten unanswered points that consumed six minutes and the defense still gave up a TD. They had a six minute scoring drive yesterday, that included a lengthy injury timeout as well, and they gave up a TD after that. What do they need a gurney and three day's recovery time after playing 8 downs of football?  The offense is 12th in TOP per drive IIRC. Yeah, the offense could probably milk another 15 seconds per drive or something, which would effectively bring them into the top five, but in reality they would have a better chance of doing that if they weren't under the gun to put points up at such a rate. And I doubt an extra minute or so per game would improve on what you saw from the defense yesterday.  We've been through this, though, so I don't think we need to re-hash it my friend. In my opinion, TOP, last year, wasn't a problem (35+minutes), running wasn't a problem (114 yards, 4+ YPC) you can top that by having a lead late and adding a few more runs.   I don't disagree that running is important ... I just think it's categorically false to say they did not run in the playoffs, and to say that running doesn't count when it's the RB you don't like, and to say the running game they have now is a major roadblock to success -- or the way they use it.  Even now, as I am doing it, it seems silly to me to nitpick the offense about a couple plays that weren't perfect when the defense is still sobbing and looking for its panties in the bushes.  NE will run the football in the playoffs, unless they are getting blown out. They have in the past more often than not, and they will again. I'm inclined to think they will run it well again, because they do that too.   
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

This to me is where and I you disagree. I agree that our defense is bad, but I disagree that the offense is not supposed to help.

I pointed to T.O.P. because when you have a big lead and keep throwing, it makes it easier for the other offense,. I am not saying rest will make them play better, I am saying keeping them off the field gives them less chances to screw up.

The fact is our offense is our strenght. On Sunday I saw a team passing the ball for no other reason than to pad stats. You made a comment before that running the ball doesnt allow to score as much as throwing. I dont buy that. Noone is saying take 12 minutes and run 10 plays in a row. I am saying after you use your passing game to get down the field in 5 minutes, how about running in the redzone.

Would you agree that those redzone blunders were due to the small amount of space in the redzone, coupled by players being doubled(gronk) and other guys that have no biz getting the ball(underwood)  Danny ran for 15 yards up the gut and it was 1st and goal. 3 chances to get a TD on the ground, and they choose to pass 3 times out the gun and fail and have to kick a FG. You think that is helping the defense?

We all the defense is bad and although I dont expect perfection from the offense , I expect them to make the right calls and play fundamental football.

You leave those points on the field in postseason, you go home. Period!

I am not saying be perfect, I am saying be smart and take what the defense is giving you. Its the same brain farts we had against the Jets. Passing all day against dime and quarter defenses....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from skyking52. Show skyking52's posts

Obrien should have called a run, or a better pass play, and should have stayed out of the fray instead of inciting it.Imagine how things would have gone if Brady had to go back in?
    Playing Tiquan over 85? come on guys someone needs to tell Obrien to wake up!

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I dont have a big a gripe with Z as you do. He brings in some good points, we just dont agree that the running helps the defense out.

You seem to think the defense is better then what they are. I understand folks are out now and I am hoping to see improvement like we always do come playoff time but I think those improvements will be moderate and its safe to assume we are not gonna just start dominating.

The more I see Slater, Edibho and the cast out there, the less I expect from Chung and Spikes coming back. Do you think they can come in cold right at the start of playoffs and make this unit that much better??

lets face it rusty, this team goes as far the offense will take us and you and I BOTH agree that with this playcalling our defense doesnt have a chance.

So in short, I dont like the defense and I dont like the offensive playcalling.

I have no reason to believe that either one will change that drastically in the next few weeks. By December you are what you are.  RIght now, we are the Colts of old.

Coming in with a high powered offense and hoping and praying our defens comes together for ONE night in January.

Only difference is the Colts couldnt stop the run and we cant stop the pass.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlderbutWiser. Show OlderbutWiser's posts

Maybe part of the problem with the offense in some parts of games is Brady"s opinion of himself. I thought his throwing shoulder must be hurt watching some of his throws, high, low, behind receivers. Maybe Brady needs a piece of humble pie. He tried to throw the ball through a closng window and failed...then he blames the receiver for not preventing an interception. It all comes down to no-one having any faith in the play of their secondary. It pressures the offense to score and mistakes are more likely to happen under pressure. Nevertheless Brady shouldn't be scapegoating and the coach was right to point it out to him. This is not Brady's team....Brady is one player on the team.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

[QUOTE]Maybe part of the problem with the offense in some parts of games is Brady"s opinion of himself. I thought his throwing shoulder must be hurt watching some of his throws, high, low, behind receivers. Maybe Brady needs a piece of humble pie. He tried to throw the ball through a closng window and failed...then he blames the receiver for not preventing an interception. It all comes down to no-one having any faith in the play of their secondary. It pressures the offense to score and mistakes are more likely to happen under pressure. Nevertheless Brady shouldn't be scapegoating and the coach was right to point it out to him. This is not Brady's team....Brady is one player on the team.
    Posted by OlderbutWiser[/QUOTE]

good post.

Everyone looks frustated that the defense is bad and thus the offense needs to be perfect.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from akoko. Show akoko's posts

In response to "Re: Brady Freaks Out": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady Freaks Out : TB needed to be dressed down! He was acting like a Prima Donna, blaming the interception on Underwood when his throw was to blame. O'Brien was right to stand up for Underwood. Don't think other offensive players weren't happy to see O'Brien step in. I love TB, but he needed this public spanking.  Posted by gandalf433[/QUOTE] Do you see the play? TB was just chatting with underwood like he does to moss when he was here O'brian went to his face that is out of line just the fact you are the OC don't mean you should be in his face even BB won't do that. He has to be separated by BB that is not good at all. I can understand if TB was talking to him he was talking to underwood he came Obrian started to yell at him I fault TB for replying back he should have ignored him but TB is already fustrated at the D. So I won't not put everything on TB

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]Whether Obrien is the right guy or not is another thread. TB blew it on this pass, should not have thrown it, should not have  thrown it to TU, should not have thought about throwing it.  TB was pissed and when Obrien made any kind of comment, TB responded, what any normal man who just made a bone head play that could cost a tight game would do. Tom, should not have thrown it and Obrien should know that TB knows that and kept away.
    Posted by gmbill[/QUOTE]
    Sorry Bill, but the OC got in Brady's face because Brady was trying to blame someone else for his pick.  Brady's ball was poorly thrown to the receiver and the defender made a great play on it. 

Frankly, the receiver would have had to "go through" the defender to get that ball, and that could have been PI. 

Brady was the one who needed to keep his mouth shut in that situation. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

This thread seems to be taking a lot of directions.

I'll just say, I don't think the argument is a bid deal.  Obrien should "freak out" in that spot, it is a horrible decision by Brady to force a throw in that situation. And if Tom is trying to put that on Underwood, well that is just weak sauce.  Brady is a hall of famer, he needs to know how valuable the FG is in that spot. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

[QUOTE]I see this differently.  I sort of saw O'Brien cutting in front of Brady probably because Underwood was being lectured by Brady and Brady threw another bad ball. O'Brien probably has had enough of Brady acting like every time his own throws are poor or off, that brady makes it seem like it's always the receiver's fault. People were making excuses for Brady in Buffalo, too. "Tipped balls, Ohco ran a bad route", etc. BALONEY. How many balls have we seen arrive late or behind the WR or TE? A TON! Christ, we bag on Sanchez and Brady, at times, has had accuracy issues. The throws are off. Even the dropped Gronk TD, the Welker ball, etc, were off. Dierdork said Brady wanted Gronk to squat for the ball there and maybe that was the case, but if Gronk was open with no need to squat, why is the throw at the squat spot? It's one thing if he's hurried and is desperate to unload the ball, but when he has time and a pocket and the throws are forced or off?  That's on Brady. This has happened all year and I seriously think it's tied to a subliminal element of Brady being VERY spoiled by Welker and Gronk with easy 10 yard passes that move the sticks. Then, when the sticks aren'; moved when teams take out Welker or Gronk and they get a  pass rush, that's when we see brady struggling. He doesn't even use the sidelines much anymore whatsoever with passes!
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

Didnt we see this before in Manning?

Im just saying, someone had a point when they mentioned that we are the Colts of old. Its been that way since 06

Nothing new. You just refuse to admit that we also have a poor defense like Manning had back in the day.

I can actually say ours is worse. Atleast Indy always had a consistent pass rush that kept them in the game. Carter played well but Rexy had way too much time on  a lot of throws...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Brady Freaks Out": Do you see the play? TB was just chatting with underwood like he does to moss when he was here O'brian went to his face that is out of line just the fact you are the OC don't mean you should be in his face even BB won't do that. He has to be separated by BB that is not good at all. I can understand if TB was talking to him he was talking to underwood he came Obrian started to yell at him I fault TB for replying back he should have ignored him but TB is already fustrated at the D. So I won't not put everything on TB
    Posted by akoko[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I saw also akoko.  Good throw bad throw good decision bad decision it doesn't matter.  Brady was talking to his young WR like he is supposed to (not yelling at him), it's called communication.  When O'Brien budded in and started Sh*t.

It seem to me O'Brien know's he's on the chopping block and the pressure is getting to him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

I was not happy about the INT as was all Pats fans. But did anyone see the jersey pull the defender got away with? It helped him get in front of the ball. In the end the pass should have never happened but it did and the receiver needs to fight for the ball or knock it down. I would have run the ball three times kill the clock more and then kick Fg ,if there is no TD, and have a two score lead. 

The sky is not falling yet and we won!!!!

Go Pats!!!

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

D was outstanding before Chung and Spikes. Rusty = crackhead confirmed. You probably even think Hakeem Nicks wouldn't have added something to the table in the Giants game. You actually believe those 2 are enormous gamechangers. Your better at making up false statements about other teams shotgun usage and being blatantly wrong in an attempt to dimish the Pats offense. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady Freaks Out : Sorry Bill, but the OC got in Brady's face because Brady was trying to blame someone else for his pick.  Brady's ball was poorly thrown to the receiver and the defender made a great play on it.  Frankly, the receiver would have had to "go through" the defender to get that ball, and that could have been PI.  Brady was the one who needed to keep his mouth shut in that situation. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

So you were on the bench, cool. See I could not hear what was said between Brady and TU. My guess was that TB was explaining like he does to all receivers how to make the play next time. If you are getting held by the def, make it obvious.

If I had your insight I would have known that Brady was being an a-- cause he always does that to his receivers.. oh no my bad, that is the girl from Indy,,what is his name?? you know the guy with the neck who blames everyone else for his bone head plays,,,,has a brother in the league,,,well been so long I forget...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]D was outstanding before Chung and Spikes. Rusty = crackhead confirmed. You probably even think Hakeem Nicks wouldn't have added something to the table in the Giants game. You actually believe those 2 are enormous gamechangers. Your better at making up false statements about other teams shotgun usage and being blatantly wrong in an attempt to dimish the Pats offense. 
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]

And Ahmad Bradshaw.