Brady Freaks Out

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

Brady Freaks Out

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d824f0552/Brady-takes-out-frustration

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Re: Brady Freaks Out

looks like tb was blaming underwood for the int and ob just would not have it.

that kind of argument is not the result of one blown play. looks like an argument that's been waiting to blow up for a while now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Hopefully BB sees all he needs and sends O'brein packing.

OB questioned TB's decision to go to Underwood I think, I'm glad TB fired back.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

That was fine with me. Whether right or wrong I would rather see that than Brady on the bench with his head down

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Brady Freaks Out:
    [QUOTE]Hopefully BB sees all he needs and sends O'brein packing. OB questioned TB's decision to go to Underwood I think, I'm glad TB fired back.
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

Well if that's what OB was questioning I would too. I have blankets they cover less then what Underwood had on him, but for some reason I don't think that's what the issue was.

I have to question OB on under 4mins left in the game 1st and goal and you throw the ball? You should have run it 3 times. If you get in great if you don't then you burned 2mins of the clock and setup a FG to make it a 2 score game with 2mins left.

Bad decision by both and ego's collided on the sideline

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

[QUOTE]That was fine with me. Whether right or wrong I would rather see that than Brady on the bench with his head down
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

Th truth.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]Hopefully BB sees all he needs and sends O'brein packing. OB questioned TB's decision to go to Underwood I think, I'm glad TB fired back.

so you don't think tb is above all that he should not be called out on his bad decisions?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Brady is fed up like the rest of us with O'Brien's horrible play calling.  Tae kwon do shouldn't even be on a professional roster.  2 years ago fools on this board would be killing Moss for not breaking up that play.  Yet I see no hate for the do.  Just a lot of Brady dissing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Brady definitely said something along the lines of Underwood needing to go get it then O'Brien jumped in to defend him and he most likely said something along the lines of "...well you can't be throwing interceptions in the red zone..." because you can mouth-read Brady saying "...NO SSHIT!.." Either way, arguments like this happen a lot on the sideline but because it involves Brady, the cameras were right on it. I don't think it will hold any further implications. At the end of the game Brady and O'Brien were smiling and hugging. No big deal. Move on.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady Freaks Out : ..I have to question OB on under 4mins left in the game 1st and goal and you throw the ball? You should have run it 3 times. If you get in great if you don't then you burned 2mins of the clock and setup a FG to make it a 2 score game with 2mins left. Bad decision by both and ego's collided on the sideline
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

maybe ob wanted to run the ball and tb called a pass. if i were the oc, that is exactly what i would be calling out tb on.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Maybe this, maybe that. Nobody knows.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Brady has had some bads games earlier this year, and the offense has not executed as needed. But when I see OB treading on holy ground and yelling at the TB, I support TB  first as he has been a half of the reason the Patriots are where they are today. I knew when they stated TB hasn't had a pick in 200 attempts they jinxed him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady Freaks Out : maybe ob wanted to run the ball and tb called a pass. if i were the oc, that is exactly what i would be calling out tb on.
    Posted by seattlepat70[/QUOTE]

What kills me is that they had 2 drives earlier in the game that did the same thing. The one with 3rd and 2 to get a 1st on the 3 killed me. Why continue to run the same plays inside the 10 when it's obvious the D was looking for the pass every time? Makes no sense to me. Why not a delayed draw after a quick pump fake like we use to do? Or, just power between the T run with BJGE or Ridley? What's the point of drafting 2 RB's in the 2nd and 3rd if you don't even try to run it anymore?

I really hope we get a new OC out of this, that isn't so afraid to lose his job if Brady doesn't throw the ball 50 times a game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

Sorry, O'Brien isn't the bees knees, but that was a god-awful throw given the down, distance, and time remaining in the game.  All we needed as a FG.  Looking at the coverage, that pass had no business being thrown to anyone not named Gronk, Hernandez, or Welker in that order.  Dumb pass regardless of the call.  TB should have been smart enough to not try to squeeze the ball in coverage.  O'Brien's play calling can be adequately described as questionable - that throw was terrible.....and TB knew it, and I suspect that's why he was so PO'd.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Whatever started this, Obrien is clearly out of control, as ALL the guys are getting between him and Brady and pushing him away.  NOT talking Brady down, but O'brien.  Not a good sign.  Underwood needed to at least compete more for that, but it was not a good throw.  It's not about who was wrong.  It's about Obrien losing his composure to the point where BB has to come over.  THAT will not play well at all.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

It's called competitive nature mixed with frustration, Bill got them settled and they came back together to discuss the game. This team needs this, it's not like we are a clubhouse that will let this create drama, hopefully they can create some better offensive play calling. Underwood was in position and he just got beat by the better defender, I don't know why O'Brien had the guy in there anyways.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

This is what happens when your best outside WR is Branch. You have to rely on Underwood getting open.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedediah10. Show jedediah10's posts

[QUOTE]That was fine with me. Whether right or wrong I would rather see that than Brady on the bench with his head down
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

I agree with this but Brady could have said "$hit, i shouldn't have thrown that ball but when I do --- you knock it down!" 

But, hey, it's hard to keep emotions in check right there.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady Freaks Out : What kills me is that they had 2 drives earlier in the game that did the same thing. The one with 3rd and 2 to get a 1st on the 3 killed me. Why continue to run the same plays inside the 10 when it's obvious the D was looking for the pass every time? Makes no sense to me. Why not a delayed draw after a quick pump fake like we use to do? Or, just power between the T run with BJGE or Ridley? What's the point of drafting 2 RB's in the 2nd and 3rd if you don't even try to run it anymore? I really hope we get a new OC out of this, that isn't so afraid to lose his job if Brady doesn't throw the ball 50 times a game.

i don't disagree with your thoughts on what they could be doing in those situations.

but assuming that what they did was what ob called for i believe is misplaced. the plays you think they should ahve done are the kinds of things that most oc's would have called. and ob does not strike me to be the type who would often buck conventional thinking. also, with all the int's that tb ahs thrown this season, an oc would call for the more conservative play which is to run.

ultimately it's tb who makes the final decision - whether to run what ob calls or to change the play on the field. who do you think will ahe more faith on their ability to convert with the pass? tb or ob?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Brady Freaks Out:
    [QUOTE]http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d824f0552/Brady-takes-out-frustration
    Posted by patthepatriot666[/QUOTE]
    Looking at that highlight, the receiver had height on the dback and did not appear to fight for the reception.  Sort of sat back and watched the D-back make the play.  he should have easily broken it up, at best!  You can also clearly tell from Brady's words that the receiver was open when he let go of the pass.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from condognh. Show condognh's posts

Isn't that a no brained RUN THE BALL, run the clock, settle for fg SITUATION almost blew the game

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]Brady has had some bads games earlier this year, and the offense has not executed as needed. But when I see OB treading on holy ground and yelling at the TB, I support TB  first as he has been a half of the reason the Patriots are where they are today. I knew when they stated TB hasn't had a pick in 200 attempts they jinxed him.

no... that was not the the patriots way that led them to three SBs. their success was built on a willingness to go against the sacred cows and do whatever is needed to have ultimate success regardless how ugly the wins are.

there was a time when the fan base thought the sacred ground was defined by bledsoe and glenn. where would this franchise be if bb did not tread on that?

i am not saying tb should go. he still is still the best qb for this team, but they won't get far if he does not get everyone in the o involved.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from condognh. Show condognh's posts

You have to run the ball there just stupidity

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady Freaks Out : i don't disagree with your thoughts on what they could be doing in those situations. but assuming that what they did was what ob called for i believe is misplaced. the plays you think they should ahve done are the kinds of things that most oc's would have called. and ob does not strike me to be the type who would often buck conventional thinking. also, with all the int's that tb ahs thrown this season, an oc would call for the more conservative play which is to run. ultimately it's tb who makes the final decision - whether to run what ob calls or to change the play on the field. who do you think will ahe more faith on their ability to convert with the pass? tb or ob?
    Posted by seattlepat70[/QUOTE]

Who knows what OB called honestly but I didn't see any typically reaction to signal a audible. Players didn't reset, you didn't see WR's get out of stance and look at Brady, you didn't see Brady lean back and the RB take a step forward to hear the audible.

If it's one thing I know about OB s that he calls scared. He's scared to death about making the wrong call and in that way relies to heavily on Brady. Notice when the run game doesn't immediately pay dividends he cuts it out completely? Also notice how he'll continue to go against convention on short plays calling deep go routes? I can't imagine Brady audible out of everything and even though a got you play is good every so often it's almost as if OB feels that if Brady can't win it for him no one else will. He's like the anti-Weis in that way. I remember being down by 2 scores and Weis still running the ball. We could be up a TD with 8mins left in the 4th and we'll see two 3 and out series in a row without a single run play by OB.

Yes I do think Brady at times calls off runs because he wants the ball but OB has no balls and calls scared he'd be fired if Brady doesn't throw the ball 40+ times and they lose

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]....Yes I do think Brady at times calls off runs because he wants the ball but OB has no balls and calls scared he'd be fired if Brady doesn't throw the ball 40+ times and they lose

you nail the two possibilities here. there is a dynamic that puts any new oc in a difficult position. i do not think ob is inherently a bad oc from a xo pov, but the situation is clouding his decisions or tb just does not really respect him enough. he may just not be a good fit here. but if that is truly the situation, i don't knw if any oc will be.