Brady Future (Serious Fans Only)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Re: Brady Future (Serious Fans Only)

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It always comes down to the d. If you have a subpar defense you will lose big games like the Pats have. It is a shame for Brady to litterally pull games out of the fire and just have the season collapse because of the defense, in terms of ego this is silly. He took a lot less money to help the team sign less money. Which QB'S out there would have won 12 games with that group of recievers and that defense at the end of the season. This team because of injuries had a real lack of talent coming into the playoffs. 

[/QUOTE]

Same old tired excuse. Thje defense held Denver well below their season scoring average while the offense under performed but once again it is all the D's fault.

This idiocy is right in line with whining about drafting and free agent signing. You and the other clueless fanrtasy GMs always seem to leave out the fact that maintaining a top notch O line to protect Brady as well as getting a top receiving corps to catch his throws while at the same time putting together a top defense can all be done simulaneously under cap rulles.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Really, Rusty?  You are such the "anti-Brady" here, to post such a question expecting most fans here to bow to your opinion of Brady is laughable.  You are so myopic in your view of the team in which its ills are at the feet of Brady.  In your eyes no one else on the team has contributed more to the ills (make that losses) of the Patriots these last few years than Brady.  I do not understand where you come off thinking he is egotistical, doing what he does only to pad his personal stats etc., doing what he wants to do to the detriment of the team, is a mystery.  The guy is the ultimate "team" player.  I'm not saying he has not had his ups and downs, as all players do, but, you paint a picture this guy is down all the time.

As to your question..  Until Brady starts to exhibit a startingly loss of skills in which the "folks in the know" see an apparent decline in his abilities to continue to be a top flight QB, he will be around for the remainder of his contract. I do not think you could even name a QB the Pats could ACTUALLY get that would make you happy to see replace Brady.  All you have done is complain and offer no solutions.  Secondly, maybe the Pats will give him a SOLID supporting cast like we see laid at the feet of QBs like Manning and Brees.  Something he has rarely benefited from.  Lastly, he will retire a Patriot.

[/QUOTE]

Dead head is the most jealous, insecure Napoleon I have ever seen on any board. He must stand about 5'2" and have never experienced sports or women. he seems to hate his own skin. It certainly comes through in his posts huh?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to glenr's comment:

It always comes down to the d. If you have a subpar defense you will lose big games like the Pats have. It is a shame for Brady to litterally pull games out of the fire and just have the season collapse because of the defense, in terms of ego this is silly. He took a lot less money to help the team sign less money. Which QB'S out there would have won 12 games with that group of recievers and that defense at the end of the season. This team because of injuries had a real lack of talent coming into the playoffs. 

Same old tired excuse. Thje defense held Denver well below their season scoring average while the offense under performed but once again it is all the D's fault.

This idiocy is right in line with whining about drafting and free agent signing. You and the other clueless fanrtasy GMs always seem to leave out the fact that maintaining a top notch O line to protect Brady as well as getting a top receiving corps to catch his throws while at the same time putting together a top defense can all be done simulaneously under cap rulles.

The D held their O to under their average with ONLY 7 Possessions.

The O scored less than their average with ONLY 7 Possessions.

The NFL average for possessions is 12.  That's 5 less possessions to score and prevent scoring.  It's ILLOGICAL to think a team is going to score their average points without their average # of possessions.

The D lost those 5 possessions with their inability to get off the field and allowed scoring on all but one of those possessions.  So, yes, they are responsible and have been, with the same results, for quite some time.  You can't score without possessions unless you are playing against a JV Defense, like Eli and Peyton encountered in the losses.

Under the cap rules, they have been attempting to fix the D since 2008.

It doesn't take 6 years to replace 1 safety(Rodney) and 1 corner (Assante) and someone to rush the passer (Seymore) with acceptable talent and acceptable back-ups (other than 13 rookies) for key players. Fail!

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to garytx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'll say 3 years.  If he has a good year this coming season he could buy a year or two if he wants them.  I didn't see a great QB at the beginning of the year.  Yes, there were dropped balls but there were plenty of bad throws in the mix too.  

[/QUOTE]

The D was better than the offense this year for the first time in a while, or at least as balanced since 2010, maybe 2007.

I guess it's a good thing the D is clearly ascending, but my concern remains with Brady and his desire to a great postseason player. He seems to fizzle out like clockwork in January.

[/QUOTE]

The Pats D was ranked 10th of the 12 play-off teams, only colts (thank you) and chiefs were worse.  Ranked 30th in run and 3rd down d during the rs.

They were 3rd in offense, with jv receivers.

Explain how the D was better, again?

Only in the trombone, rusty's world.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

After reading sooooo many threads on this subject, I can only come to the conclusion that the Pats need a better Offensive Line, a good to great Defense, great receivers including a legitimate deep threat and all apparently with high intelligence so they know exactly where Brady always expects them to be and great running backs.  Two great tight ends would help too.  Also make sure the team has adequate depth in case of injury.  They also need to get FA's who they know without a doubt will not get injured.

So, in conclusion just surround Brady with greatness and voila, instant Superbowl.

One question though,  if the team gets all these things what do you need Brady for?

Teams that have won the SB recently that have very good to great defenses didn't have a great QB.  

Roethlesberger twice.

Eli Manning twice.

Russell Wilson once.

Brees, Rogers and Peyton each won one.  (All great but we all know Manning didn't win that game).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Russ, TB12 is a once in a lifetime QB. When he is gone you will be begging to have him back. He is also exremely motivated and dedicated. He works out hard, is always in shape, and leads by example, as well as verbally. Is he rough on his WR's at times? Yes but thats the competitor in him, and thats what we want. TB12 will retire when he feels his performance is slipping, and cant perform up to his standards. I think he will play till he is 40 and then call it a career. Has he had great postseasons recently? Not by his standards, but you also got to look at the time the OL has gven him, the running game, and the WR's he has. He is probably also burned out from carrying the offense all season. Either way I think he is here and performs at a very high level for at least 3 more years. To say TB12 has shown "a lack of interest... His lack of commitment, entitlement and attitude overall has worsened" is absoloutely ridiculous!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

[QUOTE]

So, this continues to be the elephant in the room which is why this place is so out of control.

How many years do fans give Brady if he continues to show a lack of interest, stay out on the west coast, with Giselle, building houses, showing up on LA shows and acting like he doesn't want to be there, etc, vs be in New England working with his teammates?

I give it 2 more seasons before he just packs it in.    His lack of commitment, entitlement and attitude overall has worsened as has his postseason play, obviously.  I don't see it improving, but I also understand this is it now.  They can't trade him. We're stuck, good or bad. If it goes bad, he'll go down as one of the most overrated and coddled QBs ever with Peyton. He'll go down as Peyton who was with a better organization with better cap era management. Brady started to ruin himself making it about himself. It sucks, but it's the truth.  I simply do not trust Brady anymore.

I remember a trolling Tony Mazz article in 2009 which claimed Brady's window was closing as part of this new Globe anti-BB movement as if Brady was owed some kind of a gift. It made me laugh. It still does. This was after NE lost so many HOF type players like Brady was a victim for it.  Just sick to put him above the t

But, now it's 2014.  Brady has a choice and we will learn what that is these next 2 seasons. I readily admit, I will be shocked if Brady checks the ego now. Giselle has destroyed this team by apparently ruining the once humble and team-centric Brady.

[/QUOTE]

Pathetic, this is 100% speculation. It's almost as bad as when you were saying Brady was noticably upset following the divisional round game because he didn't get to throw as much!

Where do these ideas come from, because that's all they are simple ideas in your head that hold no actual bearing on the outcome of real life events. There isn't a fact or a figure in what you've written...you sound like the communist contrarian idiot.

You've gone off the deep end man!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

Reach Around Russell bashing an all time great but can not fault a bad defense.  He so Loco!!

Some defenses can win games.  Not ours. 

Some defenses can be good enough to hold onto leads.  Not ours. 

Some defenses can get off the field on 3rd down.  Not ours.

Some defenses just aren't good enough.  That's ours!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to garytx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'll say 3 years.  If he has a good year this coming season he could buy a year or two if he wants them.  I didn't see a great QB at the beginning of the year.  Yes, there were dropped balls but there were plenty of bad throws in the mix too.  

[/QUOTE]

The D was better than the offense this year for the first time in a while, or at least as balanced since 2010, maybe 2007.

I guess it's a good thing the D is clearly ascending, but my concern remains with Brady and his desire to a great postseason player. He seems to fizzle out like clockwork in January.

[/QUOTE]

The Pats D was ranked 10th of the 12 play-off teams, only colts (thank you) and chiefs were worse.  Ranked 30th in run and 3rd down d during the rs.

They were 3rd in offense, with jv receivers.

Explain how the D was better, again?

Only in the trombone, rusty's world.

[/QUOTE]

Health. If the D was healthy, we wipe the floor vs Denver in Denver. Wipe the floor.

The best they could do was but up 26 at home in pristine weather vs that destroyed D?

I am not going over this again.  The rash of injuries on one D is an aberration situation. Brady's inconsistent postseason play is a PATTERN. There's a difference. One is isolated, one is repeated over and over and over again.

FACT.

No one cares who is rated what when a postseason rolls around. It's a new season.   It's a one game round robin.

Glad I could help.

[/QUOTE]

The only pattern is the pathetic D robbing possessions and giving up an excessive amounts of scoring in those limited possessions.  Oh, and giving up the lead in the final minutes.

The D was not the only ones with injuries.

The O lost 90% of it's starters to start the year and various injuries throughout the season to key players.  Gronk, Vollmer Boyce on IR.  Scamandola, Thompkins, Dobson, Vereen, Bolden, Ridley benched, and I believe both TE's missed a game or two, others Washington, Sudfeld cut.  Who was left, that played the entire year?  Brady.. Edelman...Blount. WOW!

Again DENVER PUT UP 26 POINTS IN ONLY 7 POSSESSIONS, might have been a 50 burger with 12. Denver's average possessions for the year was 13, not 7.  They were TOYING with them to keep Brady on the bench.  You know that guy who had actually out scored Peyton in the second half of the season with no receivers.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

How dare Brady have a life outside of football! The nerve of him to spend time with his wife and children... Seriously, stfv and leave the forum. You're a joke.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In response to glenr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

the D gave up ponts to Denver on EVERY drive of the game except for the first one!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I think Brady will age well for a few reasons.  One is that his arm has shown no signs of deteriorating on the throws where he makes his living (the short and intermediate stuff).  One could argue he is throwing it harder than he was earlier in his career and obviously the accuracy is still there.  The other is that he rarely takes big hits.  Most of the time he knows when he is going to get sacked and braces himself appropriately.  That is a skill that promotes longevity.  Considering the dead money the team would eat if Brady doesn't play out the remainder of his contract it appears BB agrees with me.

I think all of this speculation about ego or commitment or whatever is bs.  BB would never tolerate it and would have ditched Brady by now.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

[QUOTE]

Talig got hurt and FGs don't win title games or championships.  3 points, 6 points, 9 points, etc....That's nothing.  That's nothing a simple TD drive by our own offense can't combat, dummy.

Denver was the highest scoring offense ever and you're whining about FGs allowed.

Sick.

[/QUOTE]

The 6 minute 80 yard drives over and over take some steam out of a team.

Not a single three and out. AGAIN.

Not a single turnover. AGAIN.

Not a single pressure on a guy that will pick you apart if he can stand there.

Ya, congrats, D. Great job.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

[QUOTE]

a human thinks they can do no wrong and be invincible with ego.

[/QUOTE]

See Belichick, Bill.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I thought is was pretty well reported that TB said he would never give in to the thought of regression or retirement, always thinking he could work harder to maintain his level. However, he will concede the decision to BB, and follow BB's direction. Apparently, in BB we trust, and in BB TB also trusts

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to Bungalow-Bill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Talig got hurt and FGs don't win title games or championships.  3 points, 6 points, 9 points, etc....That's nothing.  That's nothing a simple TD drive by our own offense can't combat, dummy.

Denver was the highest scoring offense ever and you're whining about FGs allowed.

Sick.

[/QUOTE]

The 6 minute 80 yard drives over and over take some steam out of a team.

Not a single three and out. AGAIN.

Not a single turnover. AGAIN.

Not a single pressure on a guy that will pick you apart if he can stand there.

Ya, congrats, D. Great job.

[/QUOTE]

Think about it, Bungalow...  using Rusty's logic, the Patriots D can give up 6 8 minute drives in which the opponent got FGs and in the 12 minutes remaining for the offense, the offense scores 2 TDs and a FG to lose 18 - 17.  It will still be the offense's fault for not scoring more.

25. This post has been removed.