Brady hurts finger on throwing hand.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Brady hurts finger on throwing hand.

Geez not again!!  Every year its another injury for this guy. What happened to his good karma?

http://www.nfl.com/trainingcamp/story/09000d5d819bf0e5/article/patriots-brady-reportedly-has-injured-finger-on-throwing-hand?module=HP_headlines

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Re: Brady hurts finger on throwing hand.

Read the article over at the Herald.

He went 3-3 for 37 yards after this occurred, and he had full mobility of the finger while on the sideline. He stayed on the field, and was out there for the rest of the game.

This is minor, if even worth noting. 

He likely bruised it, or maybe he has a minor sprain, but the fact that he stayed in the game and threw the ball well, and then the fact that he stayed on the field is very telling - it means that this is a minor ordeal.

Don't be surprised if he doesn't play on Thursday as a precaution, but he's fine, and he may play on Thursday.

Ultimately though, he'll be absolutely fine for the season opener, and that's what matters. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

This is another case of sports sensationalism NOT journalism. He was fine after he hit his finger. Because it's Brady, there's a story. If it concerns Brady....people will listen, or tune in, or read.....besides.....the HERALD broke this "story". Enough said.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

I completely agree with Ricky.

Look, nicks and dings happen all the time in football. His finger wasn't swollen, so there isn't any structural damage. He probably bruised it, and it's likely sore.

He has it taped up to keep it immobilized to help it heal ASAP.

The fact of the matter is that he stayed in the game, and he continued to throw the ball very well.

His finger isn't broken, his finger isn't badly sprained - it's likely bruised, and he'll be perfectly fine. He stayed in the game, and he continued to throw the ball very well. He. Is. Fine. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Thanks to all of Brady's close friends for reassuring me he's ok. I feel so much better now!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Hey harley, his fingers so bad Belichick won't let him play!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Let's trade Welker or Edelman for another Quarterback.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Are there even pictures of this?

Did Ian Rapp even report where he was seen?

Why hasn't anyone else reported this, other than NFL.com?

I'm not saying that he isn't injured, but this can't be serious.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

I like lamp

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Breaking News:
    August 14, 2010
    Ian Rapoport
    BostonHerald
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tom Brady was seen today wearing a hat. Could he have possibly injured his scalp in the pre-season opener against the Saints?

All signs point to yes. Brady was seen scratching his head vigorously, as if attempting to alleviate a lot of pain.

The question is, when did this happen? It appears that this happened when he had his head patted by fellow teammate, Stephen Neal after a touchdown.

This doesn't appear to be a serious injury, but it's something to keep an eye on.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

Great. You know, I didn't want to go through all of this preseason B-S, but if the Pats need a QB then I guess I need to do my part. See you in camp....
    Love you, Miss you, Gamer !

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I don't know if the story is accurate or not, but if it is then I'll be the oddball here and say it does concern me.  It wouldn't be the "ding or bruise" itself that concerns me, but the TREND that seems to be developing with Brady regarding injuries.  In the 2007 playoffs he injured his foot and it did effect his game some.  We all know about 2008.  He had numerous injuries in 2009 and it clearly showed in at least a few games.  Give the guy credit for playing through his injuries, but it doesn't change the fact his game was effected.

A few of us on this forum commented in the offseason how Brady's recent injury history is probably the single most important question going into the season that seems to be going nearly undiscussed.  Will the injury bug end?  Stay the same?  Get worse?  In my mind, this was/is a bigger question than our pass rush.  Perhaps I forgot to take my homer meds today, but anything regarding Brady and "potential" injury is a story for the reasons I mention above.  Football players usually don't get fewer injuries with age.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In Response to Re: Brady hurts finger on throwing hand.:
    [QUOTE]Let's trade Welker or Edelman for another Quarterback.
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]
    Heck yeah, an ambidextrous one.  Then nobody will know where the ball is coming from!  Actually we should put like six QB's on the field and they can just toss the ball around until the defense is totally confused then one of them throws a TD pass to the endzone.  I can't believe BB hasn't thought of this.  I'm sure all the Kool-aid drinkers will scoff at this idea and insist that BB knows what he's doing.... lemmings.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Brady hurts finger on throwing hand.:
    [QUOTE]Geez not again!!  Every year its another injury for this guy. What happened to his good karma? http://www.nfl.com/trainingcamp/story/09000d5d819bf0e5/article/patriots-brady-reportedly-has-injured-finger-on-throwing-hand?module=HP_headlines
    Posted by NEGAME[/QUOTE]

Unless it's broken, there's no issue.

Even if it is broken, it'll heal in time for the regular season.

Once you sprain your fingers enough times, it stops affecting you.  Trust me.  I dropped a 400 pound boulder on my left hand volunteering in Tennessee a couple years ago and thought for sure my hand was done.  I kept moving it and it was just swollen and bruised for a couple days.  I have no cartilege left to sprain lol I'm sure his finger will be fine.

Maybe you can kiss it better lol

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Brady hurts finger on throwing hand. : Unless it's broken, there's no issue. Even if it is broken, it'll heal in time for the regular season. Once you sprain your fingers enough times, it stops affecting you.  Trust me.  I dropped a 400 pound boulder on my left hand volunteering in Tennessee a couple years ago and thought for sure my hand was done.  I kept moving it and it was just swollen and bruised for a couple days.  I have no cartilege left to sprain lol I'm sure his finger will be fine. Maybe you can kiss it better lol
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]

Nick it is clear you need to get back in the gym. A real man would have never dropped a boulder only weighing 400 pounds.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

[QUOTE]Great. You know, I didn't want to go through all of this preseason B-S, but if the Pats need a QB then I guess I need to do my part. See you in camp.... Love you, Miss you, Gamer !
    Posted by Hog73[/QUOTE]

Hey Hotman, I know you're out there.. Don't stay away so much. 

Thanks for helping out the team.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Brady will go on IR because of this and Hoyer mania will sweep Patriots Nation after he starts his career 5 - 0 en route to a 19 - 0 season.Wink

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Hopefully this isn't going to be another season of reports of minor injuries to Brady every week. 

It DOES provide lots of excuses for Brady - but it gets old.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

[QUOTE]Hopefully this isn't going to be another season of reports of minor injuries to Brady every week.  It DOES provide lots of excuses for Brady - but it gets old.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]

Desn't bother me to hear it. he's played with lot of injuries last year and still had a very decent season stat wise.