Brady is a class act.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

Brady is a class act.

If you guys read Brady's comment about Cleveland's excessive celebration after winning against us, he said
     "I know each of those guys well. They were celebrating like that when they were coaching for us and winning games. It's just their personality. I'm sure they wanted to... that was a big one for them yesterday just in terms of the history of the teams. When you play well, you can do whatever you want as far as I'm concerned. If we wanted to kind of calm them down, we could have done that by playing a hell of a lot better. They deserve it. They won. They did the right things. They did what they needed to do to win. We didn't. It's a long season. We've got a lot more football to play and we gotta make a commitment to get better out there on the practice field so that it can carry over to the game field."

That's as classy as it can get. The ravens should learn a lesson and stop whining after every loss, blaming everyone except themselves.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Brady is a class act.

His comments hit the nail on the head... the way you stop the other team from celebrating is to play BETTER than them and WIN the game.  No ifs, ands or buts.  Blaming a play here and there, a call made or not made is making excuses.  A team has 60 minutes to win a game and Brady knows that.  Have we ever seen a player who has yet to mention a team member who should have played better other than himself to help the team?  HE leads by example and fans in many cities hate him for it!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I love how everyone says it doesn't matter how they celebrate and then when a Pats group of players celebrater a playoff win in San Diego, it's the end of the world with people calling it "classless".

The double standard is really something to behold.

Not to mention the low life that is Manboobs. 

I do agree it shouldn't matter, but BB can't even shake someone's hand after a game without obsessive media handshake analysis. 

Meanwhile, on Sunday we see dancing all over the field, chest bumps galore and a gatorade shower and that's par for the course.

One set of rules for 31 teams and one more set for NE.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

I guess that's what we get for winning 3 SB, going to a 4th, 16-0 season, wiining 11 games with a back up QB and builiding a team out of 'no-name' players. The truth is that Kraft is the classiest owner one can hope for, who gives complete autonomy to BB regarding football. Owners like Jerry Jones  and Al Davis micro-manage and end up sucking. BB is one of the best coaches of all time and TB 12 is probably the top 3 QB of all time. The media holds us to such a high standard that a small slip and we are in the cross hairs.
    With great power comes great responsibilities!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Absolutely and that is my point.  I just want the troll types to admit it, intead of acting like the perception is all the same.

Jealousy is an ugly trait.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Brady is right, and it's refreshing to hear this sentiment -- as opposed to the kind of petulant whining or teammate bashing you might hear in places like . . .  oh, I don't know . . .  San Dago or Indianapolis. But the Browns physically dismantled and downright embarassed the best team in the league (according to the numbers, at any rate) and had every right to be enthusiastic. It's a good thing for a young Pats team to have to watch. Maybe they won't like it and decide to do something about it as they progress.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

This is of course what all Patriot fans new already. I had a coworker the other day say Brady is good but he can't stand him because he is an arrogant person. The preception by a lot of non Pats fans is that and I always point out how he never blames anyone individual except himself or at the most the team as a whole. My best example of this is after the superbowl loss to the Giants he had every chance to throw our Offensive line under the bus (like Peyton would) but did not. The dude is humble with all the success he has had in life and knows there are people like us fans who would love to be in his shoes (i know not all all of us) and he actually feels fortunate to be where he is. How do I know this? Because he says it all the time. Thank god we have Tom on our team!!!!!

Go Pats!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: Brady is a class act.:
    [QUOTE]This is of course what all Patriot fans new already. I had a coworker the other day say Brady is good but he can't stand him because he is an arrogant person. The preception by a lot of non Pats fans is that and I always point out how he never blames anyone individual except himself or at the most the team as a whole. My best example of this is after the superbowl loss to the Giants he had every chance to throw our Offensive line under the bus (like Peyton would) but did not. The dude is humble with all the success he has had in life and knows there are people like us fans who would love to be in his shoes (i know not all all of us) and he actually feels fortunate to be where he is. How do I know this? Because he says it all the time. Thank god we have Tom on our team!!!!! Go Pats!!
    Posted by raptor64d[/QUOTE]

Amazing, isn't it?  Brady is beloved by all who know the guy.  He comes across as genuine, hard working and he's always casting compliments to other people.

Yet, he is "arrogant"?

Jealousy.

I also love how they use the word "good".

I once had someone tell me Brady was like Phil Simms. lol!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

There's no such thing as excessive celebration. That kind of talk usually comes from sore losers. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

I have not, even once, seen TB blaming anyone in particular. He always says that we as a team played bad and I should have played better as a QB. Even after Gron had a terrible day, TB never said anything against him. I don't understand why this animosity towards him. He is a model citizen and a perfect team mate. Never had any trouble with the law, does his part for the charity. If I were a 6th round pick and had the success that he is having, god help us all ;-) Players like Ray Lewis, and Suggs, who always whine after losing and made statements like "QB is really protected hence the roughing the passer cost us the game, NFL should be a flag football league", get no bad press and people blame TB for being arrogant! Geez, talk about double standards!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]There's no such thing as excessive celebration. That kind of talk usually comes from sore losers. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

I don't know. When I see Ellis Hobbs or Wilite dancing after a tackle, I get a little uncomfortable.

Gatorade baths in Week 8 is flat our EMBARRASSSING.

If a NE team did that, I'd be embarrasssed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady is a class act. : I don't know. When I see Ellis Hobbs or Wilite dancing after a tackle, I get a little uncomfortable. Gatorade baths in Week 8 is flat our EMBARRASSSING. If a NE team did that, I'd be embarrasssed.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

I'm with you on this.  I'd rather the team go about it with the " business as usual" attitude.  Although I'm sure other teams and fans would see that as arrogance.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Agreed, BB and Salcon. That's part of the hip hop culture we live in today. It hurts my eyes when watching NBA basketball because it's all about who can get dollar signs tattooed in the most unique places (so far one's neck is the leader), who has the freshest sneaks, and who is the most talentd NBA baller/off season rapper. It's sickening.

Brady is everything I'd want my son (don't have one yet) to embody: tough, professional, hard working, a good person first and a good football player second. The trolls always talk about him having a baby out of wedlock. Who really knows what happened there and even if it was Brady's fault, it happens. I'd rather have that on his resume instead of taking teenagers into bathroom stalls in the middle of nowhere and then having lowlife cops cover for you.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Speaking of celebrations..  does it always amaze you when a player makes a tackle, just a tackle, they celebrate it like it was the play of the game!  Imagine TB throwing his fist in the air for every completed pass play?  That's their JOB for jimminy sakes and they act like they are God's gift to football.  I can understand a celebration that is the winning play in the wanning moments of the game or a fantastic stop highly above routine.  But, to see celebrations for routine plays??!!  That has been getting worse game after game!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Mangini deserved the bath, he handed our head too us. they hate us and we hate them. thats a see ya in the playoffs... maybe kinda thing. Good game Cleveland. I hope we learned a bunch for Pittsburgh. They looked beatable as any other team in the league. Celibrate away...  if you can do it then its not braggin.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Brady is and always has been a class act.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Why shouldn't they pour Gatorade? This was their Super Bowl for sure. They earned it and kicked our tails. 

Two different discussions here: are Brady's classy comments refreshing after losing? Yes. Too bad more teams can't say: we lost today, it's on us. That Ravens/Chargers style sore loser whining is tedious. 

Do people celebrate too much? Totally. I don't like to see it on my team either. Not to pick on TO, because he's hardly the only one, but I saw a TD he scored in the first half last week where he went nutso, and his team ended up losing that game. Those celebrations seem hollow at that point. I love the old school Barry Sanders "score an amazing touchdown and hand the ref the ball" approach. But then there was the Jerome Bettis "dance like a fool every time I gain three yards" and that's par for the course these days. Some of the Pats players do that too.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]Mangini deserved the bath, he handed our head too us. they hate us and we hate them. thats a see ya in the playoffs... maybe kinda thing. Good game Cleveland. I hope we learned a bunch for Pittsburgh. They looked beatable as any other team in the league. Celibrate away...  if you can do it then its not braggin.
    Posted by Philskiw[/QUOTE]

So, if NE beats Pitt this week, shall they give BB a Gatorade bath?

It just looks completely hokey to do that in the middle of a season.   The last time we saw that was the 1-15 Miami team that beat Baltimore in 2007.

I can totally see it then when you were about to go 0-16,  but not a win at home off a Bye with no real significance.

McDaniels last year in Denver was goofy looking enough. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimijazz. Show jimijazz's posts

Yes, Tom's classy, but not me, I just can't resist the snark........

Oh Boy I can't wait to be a Cleveland Fan

Last playoff appearance: Jan 2003

Last playoff win: Jan 1995 (Belichick vs. NE)

Gator-Ade bath for a 3-5 coach?? Only need to win 7 of next 8 games to secure a playoff berth.

Brian Dabol fist pumps?  At least Josh McDaniels was 5-0 when he did his dance at NE's expense.  (Oh yeah, they finished 8-8 and missed the playoffs).

What a bunch of giddy pikers.  Didn't BB teach them anything?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

Even as a Steeler fan, I have always thought Tom Brady was a class act. Even now when some people are  saying stupid things like, 'bring back Casell's', and 'Spend more time worrying about football than your hair', the guy remains classy.
    I wasn't happy to hear that score against Cleveland last week, because I know the Patriots will be wanting to get that out of their system as soon as possible. Match-ups are so important in the NFL, and the Steelers don't match up well with the Patriots. The Steelers may have played their best football before Ben returned.
    It's so hard to predict games anymore, but I still think no matter what happens this sunday, both teams will be dangerous at the end of the year.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Brady is class act.. He never throws anyone under a bus. Cleveland played well and deserved to win. Next on the docket is the Steelers. Another class organiaztion  that never complains or makes excuses You get beat. I have respect for the Steelers organization and their run game. Hillis is a played great. The Pats have to be up for the challenge against the Steelers run D and play action. Brady seldom says anything disparaging about his opponents when they show class. Some people might not like the Steelers as a team, but you can bet they respect the organization. The Rooney's have made significant contributiions to the game on and off the field.