Brady is the problem with this offense

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JaeD. Show JaeD's posts

Brady is the problem with this offense

Untill he lets go of his Blanket and teddy bear (moss and welker) and starts throwing the ball to the other recievers this team won't score many points.  Watson wasn't even targeted in this game, baker either.  18 passes to moss and welker 5 to the 3 other recievers.  This team preaches not being predictable if 78% of your passes go to TWO guys how much more predictable can you be.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Re: Brady is the problem with this offense

Not only that. The offensive play calling is absolutely atrocious. You don't gameplan to run against the worse rushing defense by far in the NFL? The coordinator is an absolute idiot.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

yap, yap, yap. Is that Brady's fault or the guys that aren't getting open?? He's having a great season coming off injury and is playing hurt right now. OUR OFFENSIVE is prdictable and was poor in the 2nd half. i did like the strong running game today though...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

In Response to Brady is the problem with this offense:
    [QUOTE]Untill he lets go of his Blanket and teddy bear (moss and welker) and starts throwing the ball to the other recievers this team won't score many points.  Watson wasn't even targeted in this game, baker either.  18 passes to moss and welker 5 to the 3 other recievers.  This team preaches not being predictable if 78% of your passes go to TWO guys how much more predictable can you be.
    Posted by JaeD[/QUOTE]

Isn't this what Bledsoe used to do?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

you do know Watson stays in to block 75% of the time.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

[QUOTE]Untill he lets go of his Blanket and teddy bear (moss and welker) and starts throwing the ball to the other recievers this team won't score many points.  Watson wasn't even targeted in this game, baker either.  18 passes to moss and welker 5 to the 3 other recievers.  This team preaches not being predictable if 78% of your passes go to TWO guys how much more predictable can you be.
    Posted by JaeD[/QUOTE]

Brady is playing injured and the tight ends have been staying home blocking.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

The spreading of the ball has to fall on the offensive coordinator for finding ways to get other guys open.  Brady is a future Hall of Fame quarterback, do you really think he would skip on throwing to wide open receivers just to FORCE the ball to Moss and Welker?  It's all about play creativity and actually GETTING THOSE GUYS OPEN, which they usually aren't.  They also need a legitimate 3rd receiver.  Brady is not and will never the the problem, he is holding this offense together by threads right now.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

I can't say all are forced .I did se a wide open Faulk on a forced drop of Welkers. These two are that good so who say's don't give them a chance? I just don't see the progression read's. it's more of a look off and a force because the time for holding the ball is gone.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bergzilla. Show Bergzilla's posts

At the end of the game when they were up 14-3 on their own 11, did they throw the ball? Did not see the game. On Statzone, I saw 1-10, then 2-10, then 3-11 then I saw a punt return up to our 28!!! All within 1 minute! Horrible play calling. Up by 11 in the 4th quarter and not running the clock out.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

I will agree that Brady only throws to Moss and Welker, but the play calling is HORRIBLE.  This guy OBrien is garbage.  I have yr of experience playing High School football and I believe I can make better call than that.

In Brady's defense, the guy is beat up pretty bad, so I had a feeling that they would run alot more, but you would think that they would put in for some screen plays.  Dump some passes off to Maroney or Faulk.  Oh did I say that OBrien and BB play calling is horrible.       

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from emilycuba33. Show emilycuba33's posts

I think Brady is one of the best, but Brady does have tunnel vision when it comes to Moss and Welker.  He looks for those two, then maybe a back to throw to, none of them are open, he throws it away!!  I am hoping they are saving the throws to the other receivers for the playoffs.  They seem to always have plays in the playoffs that other teams haven't seen.  Let us hope that is the case, otherwise, we are one and done with only using 2 receivers!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

Berg
    Just off the top of my head I think there run's. Stretch play's for NOT-A. I do like Maroney. But he is not a closer. By that I mean his style and this line is not a you owe us 3 yards mentality. It's more of a let's run around or to the side line and stay in bounds to burn clock. If you saw Barber running last night. He ran like He knew he had 3 yards at the hand off but he was taking 5.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from simroy. Show simroy's posts

The play calling has been suspect, and I too have wondered why we don't seem to take advantage of Watson's skills, but at the end of THIS day, Brady's performance can only be characterized as below average.  On dep throws (today, and for most of the year really), he's short - and today our WR's had a step on defenders.  Also today, he threw behind open receivers.  I think something's wrong with him medically (and I don't think it's just a finger and some bruised ribs) - because he's not been sharp in alot of our games.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 617AcrossDaBoard. Show 617AcrossDaBoard's posts

Brady has a lot to do with the Pats struggles but take a look at others that we never thought would cause our team headaches...

1.  Brady not throwing accurate and spreading the ball
    2.  BB going for it on 4th downs and making other questionable calls
    3.  Adalius Thomas is NOT what we signed him to be
    4.  Jerod Mayo isn't nearly as aggressive as he was last year (possibly playing hurt)

5.  Merriweather CANT tackle. (the supposedly leader of the secondary)
    6.  O-Line still looks tired from the 07 run at times.
    7.  Moss aint Moss.

The only player or coach who has really met expectations is Wilfork & Welker.. & TBC is actually overachieveing. 

Its an off year for us as "Patriots" but its a brand new season once the playoffs start.. So let's focus on the road ahead. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81pats12. Show 81pats12's posts

randy moss could have 4-5 maybe even six more TDs this year but brady is not always on target... that's why its been alot of underneath stuff and they had to bring moss underneath to give him some receptions... i dont think brady or the team for that matter trusts his deep ball accuracy ... moss and welker are enough... arizona only has fitz and boldin... peyton manning shattered records with just harisson and wayne... forget quantity its about quality... the 4-5 average receivers brady used to throw to = MOSS + WELKER

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81pats12. Show 81pats12's posts

In Response to Re: Brady is the problem with this offense:
    [QUOTE]Brady has a lot to do with the Pats struggles but take a look at others that we never thought would cause our team headaches... 1.  Brady not throwing accurate and spreading the ball 2.  BB going for it on 4th downs and making other questionable calls 3.  Adalius Thomas is NOT what we signed him to be 4.  Jerod Mayo isn't nearly as aggressive as he was last year (possibly playing hurt) 5.  Merriweather CANT tackle. (the supposedly leader of the secondary) 6.  O-Line still looks tired from the 07 run at times. 7.  Moss aint Moss. The only player or coach who has really met expectations is Wilfork & Welker.. & TBC is actually overachieveing.  Its an off year for us as "Patriots" but its a brand new season once the playoffs start.. So let's focus on the road ahead. 
    Posted by 617AcrossDaBoard[/QUOTE]

moss aint moss without brady... and i disagree 10 TDs and a 1000 plus yards despite a battered struggling QB coming off an year away from the game is very good production

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Your posting privileges should be taken away for this nonsense. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

1st run right / Holding  1st run left 2yards Buff time out  / 2nd Brady rolls right throws away & tripping call on Baker. Buff declines  / 3rd Brady deep rightside to Aiken  /4th an 11

4th QTR 2:55  1st Maroney run left no gain Buff time out  / 2nd Maroney left 4 yard gain   , injury to Buff lb [ injury time out]  / 3rd & 6 Brady throws to Welker double covered 1st down. Welkers short of marker but lunges.   (Faulk is @ the top of the screen closest D at least 5 yards away) looks like he's on the 2 yard route he run at indy.  Ball Game !!! They showed a replay [all 22]  Moss, Watson or Aiken and Edelman look like there open and have beaten there coverage.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

I have been saying something similar the whole year. Except Brady is not the sole problem but he is not having the "Brady" type of year we have been spoiled with and grown to expect.

Brady's had the rust from coming back from a season away, the mechanics issues dealing with returning from a knee reconstruction surgery, as well as currently being beat up. He simply has not been sharp, but especially in the 2nd half of all the road games. It's been frustrating but he's still having a good year, just not what we want. We are crazy fans and always want unrealistic perfection.

I also do not think anyone is saying Brady is bad, stinks, is done or any other ridiculous notion. Simply he has not been as sharp as we are used to and we are spoiled and expect it.

As for those saying the other guys don't get open. Oh please stop, just for one example; Aiken has been wide open for a sure TD 3 times in the past 3 or 4  weeks. Brady has missed him all 3. Over thrown him twice and under thrown him once. Brady's 0-3 with hitting a wide open receiver deep in just one example. I would also argue that it's not any higher a percentage throw to chuck it to mass in double coverage (and covered) then it is to throw it to Aiken OR Edleman in single coverage(and covered). As great as I believe Moss to be it is still a lower percentage throw.

The TE's are another story. This offensive system just really doesn't feature the TE. As has already been stated earlier in this post they are used almost exclusively for blocking.

I really would like to see BB, OB, and Brady get together and come up with a way to get Aiken, Edelman and the TE's just a bit more involved.

....but that's just me.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Brady is hurt so I would say the question here is. Would you rather have a hurt Brady or a healthy Hoyer...Such an easy question it almost sounds rhetorical.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

People talked about Maroney dancing. His two partners play MLB. These two need to read the play about two steps earlier. If the RB is blocking. IT'S A THROW. Blitz /fill a hole/ get your hands up/ something!!
    AD is DEAD to this team. Maybe Rexy will trade him for Golston
    I also need to apologize to J. Sanders for calling him a JAG
    Gostkowski needs a contract also

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

Brady can't help if O'Brien can't come up with a better variety of plays or that nobody else seems capable of getting open. If you're at a point where you HAVE to take a shot and everyone is covered who do you want to give the shot to? Randy Moss or Sam Aiken or Ben Watson?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

So get ahead in games so you can take Brady out

It's too late to hope for a bye week.  Here's to hoping that the Pats will be able to run a lot the next few weeks, go up by 2, 3, 4 scores, and put Hoyer in.

I personally think that it might not be a bad idea to sit Brady in the final week if the Pats can lock up the division next week, but I swear that Houston as a common opponent could cost the Pats the division somehow as a conference loss and a common opponent with the Dolphins if the Pats don't win that game...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from wiggy26. Show wiggy26's posts

Posted by JaeD[/QUOTE]

100% agree. If moss and welker are open all day, then why not! however we need to utilise other targets in watson and co. When we face a half decent secondary, Tom needs to utilise and trust his other targets to win the game.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Brady is the problem with this offense:
    [QUOTE]Not only that. The offensive play calling is absolutely atrocious. You don't gameplan to run against the worse rushing defense by far in the NFL? The coordinator is an absolute idiot.
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]

The OC needs to get the boot. The Pats need to get some intensity back in their offense, and the way to do that is run a no huddle.