Brady MORE hated than Roethlisberger? Really?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from heobrien. Show heobrien's posts

Brady MORE hated than Roethlisberger? Really?

According to this story Tom Brady is MORE hated than Roethlisberger.  Vick, Farve I can understand but Brady?

Hey, I'm a 40+ year Jet fan and even I don't get that.  Frankly, I think he's carring the ball for the Pats on this one because otherwise it really doesn't make much sense.  Unless the pollsters only called Bridget Moynahan. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamDestruction. Show TeamDestruction's posts

Re: Brady MORE hated than Roethlisberger? Really?

I know a lot of girls that hate him/dislike him for what he did with Bridget Moynahan. Though I don't think they are voting in that poll.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Wow! After reading this article, I guess I am going to start hating Tom!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmot1234. Show tmot1234's posts

I never knew that Brady was such an awful person...bad enough to be compared with 2 should be sex offenders and 1 brutal dog killer. 

Because of what he did to Bridget Moynahan...seriously? As if he left her homeless on the side of the road of something? I'm sure she's doing just fine. If that's where all the hate comes from then how in the world is Cromartie not on that list? And c'mon, with all due respect to Bridget.....but what would you do if Giselle came calling for you?

I learned to embrace the hate after '07. Stuff like this just makes me laugh, because it just shows how misguided and jealous some people are....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from brughj121212. Show brughj121212's posts

Brady is the most unjustly hated player in football. I think most of it is just the success of the Patriots and himself, and people are jealous.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Pure jealousy. There isn't a fan in the world or a team in the NFL that wouldn't kill to have Tom Brady on their team. Give me a break

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

It has more to do with jealousy and the fact he is a member of the Patriots.  Put him on the team of any fan who says they "hate" Brady and it will be instant "man-love"!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimijazz. Show jimijazz's posts

A year ago I read an interview of Bridget in a woman's magazine (can't remember which, maybe Good Housekeeping) and she seemed happy with her life and gets along with Tom just fine.

Now maybe she was just making all that up but that's what the record says.  So who's to say that she got (figuratively) screwed?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimijazz. Show jimijazz's posts

It's no surprise that that Steelers Fans hate Brady but I would think they would hate Ben at least as much. 

Aside from the tackle he made at the end of that playoff game against Indy and that drive against Arizona he has tried his hardest to lose two Super Bowls, an AFC championship against the Pats, an AFC championship against the Jets, a divisional round game against the Jets, and a divisional round game against the Colts.  Somehow his defense and a Jets kicker bailed him out of those fixes.

The odd thing is Steelers fans think he's great.  I just don't get it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

What's funny about this is the woman who hates Brady because "he refused to pay child support" really ??!! just make up any old thing you want and put it in a blog. I'm a female, and believe woman have to take responsibility for their own actions. When repeatedly asked by WEEI about marriage he said he wasn't ready, as in I'm not in love with anyone. I feel he was tricked by Moynahan and it backfired on her. He's a loving father and is with his son (j e t s) as much as he can be.  BTW He's the sixth ranked marketable athlete and would be higher if he did silly commercials like Manning does, so I guess he's love by somebody.

She also said she wasn't going to watch the Super Bowl either so ha ha take that. Too funny!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

I didn't know that Brady was hated?  Is he?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

My guess would be that this is more of a "recognition" vote than in direct relation to anything Brady has done to earn casual fans' disdain. People will get sick of looking at anyone sooner or later . . .   with the apparent exception of Peyton Manning. It makes sense that most fans in other cities would hate the Pats -- and, by extension, Brady -- for being so successful over the past 10 years. I certainly don't think you can realistically categorize having a (one) child out of wedlock with some of the nefarious shenanigans we've seen from the Vicks and (allegedly) the Roethlisbergers of the league. If that were the case, where is Antonio Cromartie on this list? As for Brett Favre, he has the unique distinction of being a guy who won't go away who also happens to be a perverted adulterer (allegedly) -- a double-whammy that's hard to top.

I don't think Brady has done himself any favors with his image makeover. He used to be considered a lunchpail guy who got the most out of his abilities and tended to save his best play for the brightest moments. Now he's the highest-paid player in the league, has developed a reputation as something of a whiner, and it's become fashionable (see what I did there?) to refer to him as Mrs. Bundchen.

Sooner or later, this always happens. We like to believe that we're happy for the guy who overcomes obstacles and performs beyond expectations; wins the big game and rakes in all the money and marries the homecoming queen . . .  but secretly, we like to believe he's really a deusche with perfect timing who doesn't really deserve everything he's got.

It's human nature.

We're just not very nice, as a species.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

The fans of every other team in the NFL hate Brady because he is handsome, he has the beautiful wife, the jet set life style but mostly because he is so good at what he does. JETS fans on their forums often wish for his death.  Its because he is so good.  We should be pleased by that hate.

I don't think Bridget Moynahan has anything to do with it at all.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: Brady MORE hated than Roethlisberger? Really?:
    [QUOTE]I know a lot of girls that hate him/dislike him for what he did with Bridget Moynahan. Though I don't think they are voting in that poll.
    Posted by TeamDestruction[/QUOTE]

Having sex with your girlfriend is a bad thing?  Maybe Bridget shouldn't have stopped taking the pill to force marriage?   I have a hard time believing you date a girl for 3 years and then out of nowhere Brady either gets cold feet before marriage or they didn't know to use birth control.

Sorry, not buying it.  Wasn't born last night.

They broke up before he knew she was pregnant, by the reports I read, not that it is our business anyway.

I am pretty sure that situation is nowhere near Favre's infidelities, 3 year poor egotistical, dramatic behavior, Vick's Heinrich Himmler hobby or Rapelisburger locking girls down in order to get laid.

It just shows how jealous people are of Brady. He has the looks, the success AND he gets the girl.

We have lots of angry people in today's society who freely vent on the internets.

And we have people who use that Schaudenfreude mentality as a way to feel good about themselves.

Sad, but true.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rochfan. Show rochfan's posts

p mike..2nd paragraph hit the nail on the head.
    When he/Pats broke into the league together..he/Pats were considered underdog overacheivers. Most football fans at the time seemed to respect Tom and the underdog..team oriented Pats.
    As they/him became more successful..the pats/him became more resented.
    Being in NE didn't help him as NE fans are perceived as arrogant. 
    As Brady became more successful..the "traits" that made him so have seemed to have somewhat disappeared, replaced by " star divaness".
    His short all american crew cut replaced by Justin Beiber hair concocted seemingly by his wife. No more vigorous pursuit of offseason awards.
    Even, die hard Pats fans (if they have any objectivity) must be a little let down by Brady's change in "persona/work ethic". He now resembles california boy "Sunshine" from "Remember the Titans".He also seems to have lost his "mojo" in the big playoff games because of it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

It's pretty sad when a guy who really has done nothing but lead a pretty good football team to a successful decade is hated as much as an "alleged" rapist, a philanderer and a guy who makes Cruella Deville look like a PETA sympathizer by comparison. 

Brady isn't overexposed since he doesn't do a lot of commercials.  He happens to be a good QB, good looking, and married to a supermodel.  So let's hate him as much as actual criminals?  What are people smoking?     

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]p mike..2nd paragraph hit the nail on the head. When he/Pats broke into the league together..he/Pats were considered underdog overacheivers. Most football fans at the time seemed to respect Tom and the underdog..team oriented Pats. As they/him became more successful..the pats/him became more resented. Being in NE didn't help him as NE fans are perceived as arrogant.  As Brady became more successful..the "traits" that made him so have seemed to have somewhat disappeared, replaced by " star divaness". His short all american crew cut replaced by Justin Beiber hair concocted seemingly by his wife. No more vigorous pursuit of offseason awards. Even, die hard Pats fans (if they have any objectivity) must be a little let down by Brady's change in "persona/work ethic". He now resembles california boy "Sunshine" from "Remember the Titans".He also seems to have lost his "mojo" in the big playoff games because of it.
    Posted by rochfan[/QUOTE]

Are you serious? 

He has a wife and two kids.  You expect him to sit in Foxborough all Spring to prove his worth?

Then the media would be all over him about being a bad father and husband and how he's the devil who only goes to the Foxy Lady in Providence, etc. 

Please stop.

The bottom line is, he's a good looking guy, who has 3 SB rings, is arguably the best QB in football if not ever, and is a perfect target for the media.

He broke up or was dumped by Bridget Moynihan for crying out loud.  Have you seen how goregous she is?  Then he lands Giselle.  Gee, I wonder where the male jealousy comes from?

I can see why some fat loser Jets fan (or any other fan of a loser team who once lost to the Pats) in some dark basement is infuriated with his life and success.

Wake up.

This is why Gomer isn't targeted. He's a goofy back woods type. He's not marketable unless he gets his dopey mug on another Direct TV commerical in his COlts uniform thinking he's funny. 

He has a huge forehead and spends his offseasons making 7,312 commercials.  We never heard about his sexual harrassment case at Tennessee now did we? No. Because Gomer doesn't sell as a tabloid target. That's why.

Again, wake up.

You lead by example and Brady training his balls off in California near his wife and sons is no different than him doing it in Massachusetts.

The other veterans and younger "veterans" need to take the reigns now.  Brady will always be a leader, but just because he isn't physically in Foxborough at 5 AM everyday doesn't mean he isn't leading.

That's crap rhetoric and an excuse to be able to point the finger for an impatient and spoiled fanbase during a short rebuilding period.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Tommy's problem is that he fell for a cougar who saw things were going sour, so she pulled the goalie on him.  He still walked away.  Then he got someone more his age, who last I heard loves him, and he married her.  She's the ultimate looker, but he's considered a superhunk himself. 

The real hate issue is first that he just threw 500 pass attempts without an interception, and second that the rest of the division wants a division crown at least once in a while.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

She's not a cougar.   She'd have to be 10 years older to qualify.  I still say she is hotter than Giselle, though. Brunettes.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

[QUOTE]She's not a cougar.   She'd have to be 10 years older to qualify.  I still say she is hotter than Giselle, though. Brunettes.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

Gotta agree with that.
    I could never figure what all the excitement is about with Giselle. Nice legs but that's about it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I mean.....Really?  I'd clearly trip over the carpet on the way over. I would be "training" from where she was located as well:

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady MORE hated than Roethlisberger? This is why Gomer isn't targeted. He's a goofy back woods type. He's not marketable...He...spends his offseasons making 7,312 commercialsPosted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

I don't think Brady is hated at all, so my comments have nothing to do with that, but the above statement is hilarious for its own hate and stupidity due to its obvious contradiction. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Why is it a contradiction?

The tabloids don't care about Gomer Manning's girlfriend. He's not an off field story.

Do you find it strange his sexual harrassement story was buried? Why is this?  It's because he's the media golden boy, protected by the NFL and quite frankly, no one really wants to imagine Gomer trying to getting it on with some homily rural Indiana/Tenn trainer gal.

Why is that every single Colts off field story somehow is buried? How is Marvin Harrison doing these days?

Brady just tries to live his life and he's targeted because he sells. 

Gomer doesn't sell to the tabloids even though stuff like this SHOULD have been gold:

"A female trainer, after suffering his continual acts of sexual harassment, had enough when Manning exposed his naked buttocks to her and nearly sat on her face. The media remained low key, and Manning was able to settle his case with very little fanfare.

Manning’s behavior, which bordered on the legal definition of rape, was minimized and labeled as “a lapse in judgment.” By the time the media finished polishing up Manning's bad conduct, those who happened to read the small print of the sports page, would be under the impression that he’d merely mooned her. The incident was made to have been simply a childish prank misconstrued by the public."

Wednesday, November 5, 2003

Associated Press

INDIANAPOLIS -- Former NFL quarterback Archie Manning believes son Peyton has been punished enough for a mistake he made seven years ago and that a defamation lawsuit should have been dismissed.

In an interview with The Associated Press, the elder Manning said his son regrets dropping his pants in front of a University of Tennessee trainer and tried to apologize to her.

"He felt it was his mistake, he tried to apologize and he was remorseful," Archie Manning said Tuesday night. "He got punished and he took his punishment."

The 1996 encounter between the trainer and the Indianapolis Colts quarterback is mentioned in a book the Mannings wrote, "Manning: A Father, His Sons and a Football Legacy."

In the book, Peyton Manning says he pulled down his pants and conceded that his behavior was "inappropriate."

"Crude, maybe, but harmless," he wrote.

He also wrote that the trainer had a "vulgar mouth," which she claimed defamed her and cost her a subsequent job.

Earlier this week, a judge ruled there was enough evidence for the trainer's lawsuit against the Mannings to proceed, and a trial was set for March. Though she's not named in the book, Jamie Ann Naughright says the passages disparaged her.

Archie Manning said he was dismayed that the "feel-good" book is now the subject of legal action.

"Obviously, my wife and I and our family hurt for Peyton at a time like this," he said. "We're sad for him, especially since an incident from seven years ago seems to have gotten so twisted."

Naughright filed the lawsuit in Polk County, Fla., in 2002, two years after the book was published. In the lawsuit, she accuses Manning of placing his "naked butt" on her face while in the Volunteers' locker room. She is seeking damages of at least $15,000.

In 1997, she agreed to a $300,000 settlement with the university over 33 alleged instances of sexual harassment surrounding her job in the athletic department, and her complaint included the encounter with Manning. Manning was not personally accused of sexual harassment, and a university investigation characterized it as "horseplay."

Manning's attorney, Slade Metcalf, argued in court papers that the lawsuit should be thrown out because the passages in the book are "substantially" true. He also contends the settlement released the university, its employees and students, including Manning, from additional damages.

"That's what we feel, that's what I feel, that's the way Peyton feels," Archie Manning told the AP.

Peyton Manning declined to comment.

Naughright's attorney, Robert Puterbaugh, also wouldn't comment.

Judge Harvey Kornstein ruled Monday that there was enough evidence to suggest the Mannings, the writer and the publisher knew the passages were false and acted in reckless disregard for the truth.

The lawsuit also names writer John Underwood and publisher HarperCollins Inc.

"Peyton knows people have a right to say what they want about him," Archie Manning said. "He said what happened seven years ago and it's still true."

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Um, you said Manning is not marketable then say he does 7312 commercials in the offseason.  That's a contradiction.  If he wasn't marketable then he wouldn't be doing commercials. 

You do know that Business Week just last week ranked Manning as the most powerful athlete in the US.  This ranking has to do with his marketability.  Business Week probably doesn't know what it is are talking about either, do they?

Walk away from this one Rusty.