Brady needs to Run

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

Brady needs to Run

Tom Brady had several chances to run the ball against the Saints. When a Team doubles Moss and Welker, and Watson and Aiken are covered deep, there is plenty of room for the QB to run on his own. Brady could of easily taken the Saints out of that Defense by running a few first Downs.I hate to say it but Cassel would of helped us more in that game than Brady. Keep the defense honest at Least. There were 3 or 4 times Brady had 15-20 yards of room to run.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oggieman. Show oggieman's posts

Re: Brady needs to Run

In Response to Brady needs to Run:
    [QUOTE]Tom Brady had several chances to run the ball against the Saints. When a Team doubles Moss and Welker, and Watson and Aiken are covered deep, there is plenty of room for the QB to run on his own. Brady could of easily taken the Saints out of that Defense by running a few first Downs.I hate to say it but Cassel would of helped us more in that game than Brady. Keep the defense honest at Least. There were 3 or 4 times Brady had 15-20 yards of room to run.
    Posted by patriots44[/QUOTE]

I agree 1000%.  Let Brady run the wildcat this weekend.    

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I think those holes aren't as big as you think.  Ever see Maroney or any NFL running back break to the outside where there is nobody and the hole closes up quickly on them. 

You get used to seeing NFL players fly around the field and think normal humans move that fast, they don't.  People with regular human speed like Brady look like they're in slomo when the move to the hole and typically are lucky to get 2 or 3 yards before getting hit by a 250lb speeding bullet.  Hardly worth the risk.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from oggieman. Show oggieman's posts

especially after last year...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Re: Brady needs to Run:
    [QUOTE]I think those holes aren't as big as you think.  Ever see Maroney or any NFL running back break to the outside where there is nobody and the hole closes up quickly on them.  You get used to seeing NFL players fly around the field and think normal humans move that fast, they don't.  People with regular human speed like Brady look like they're in slomo when the move to the hole and typically are lucky to get 2 or 3 yards before getting hit by a 250lb speeding bullet.  Hardly worth the risk.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

Good points.

Agreed that brady can't/shouldn't be running the ball but why didn't BB try anything at all to negate the blitzes the saints were bringing the entire 2nd half?
    How about rolling brady out? Some running plays other that draws to faulk? screens? quick slants? what about edelman in a wildcat? All the types of things other teams do to us when we rush 5 or 6 guys?