Brady Not Happy With Gillete Crowd

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Brady Not Happy With Gillete Crowd

Posted on ESPN Boston by Mike Reiss:

It’s a tough place to play. The Meadowlands is always a tough place to play," Brady replied. "The road environment is very different than our friendly home crowd, who, when I looked up, half the stadium was gone when we were up 21 points in the early fourth quarter, which I wasn’t so happy about. But I don’t think the Jets fans leave early.

I had to listen to the game on the radio here in Texas and even the anouncers commented on how the crowd wasn't into the game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Re: Brady Not Happy With Gillete Crowd

I know the crowd noise at Gillete has been a topic of discussion in the past but I'd like to get perspective from someone who may have been at the game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

They definitely weren't loud. I actually commented on that even in the first half.
    We've turned into a, "just win so we can get out of here" crowd. That was a pretty big game for us and I actually can't imagine leaving early but........
    Not that there is anything wrong with that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I gotta agree with Tom!  Watching the game on tv, the Patriots crowd is so low key, pathetic if you ask me.  Why isn't that excitement there?  Dang, even the KC crowd is louder than the NE crowd.  Did you see that Monday night, Rivers couldn't even hear.  And we are talking about KC!  NE fans have a lot more to cheer about than KC.

You can bet the Jets crowd is going to be loud this weekend.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Brady has no one to blame but himself.

It's his fault as much as anyone's that Pats fan is spoiled rotten.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

First game of the season.  Gotta get up for that.  C'mon people this isn't the opera.  It's Patriots football.  I'm glad Brady mentioned it anyway.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Whenever I do get to a Pats game my vocal chords are shredded by the end of the game.  Hell they get like that when I'm watching on tv at home.  My wife had to calm me down.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

I was at the game and agree with Brady.  It was driving me crazy how people were leaving early in the fourth quarter as if the Patriots were losing.  You paid tons of money and devoted your day to the game, stay and watch some football and support your team.  It's pathetic, really.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Most of the people I saw at the game were older than me (52) and got tired after the first quarter or much younger and too cool to "get into" the game. I think they are pretty much the only types that can afford the tickets now.  As for me, everyone at work was laughing at my voice or lack thereof.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Yeah I guess it's spoiled.  When your team blows and you go to the game despite having a good idea that they will lose, well you get pretty excited to see your team overcome and win.  Nowadays it's like they are expected to win so I guess it doesn't get some people as excited.

Also I think when you have a team that is terrible and the stadium is full than you can guarantee that those people are fans.  I think the Pats popularity has inundated the fanbase with a very casual type of fan, the type that apparently has enough money to buy tickets.  I've had some experience with those types.  I can't go to the games because I am on the other side of the planet right now but I have had some people that wanted to come over or invite me over to watch the Pats because they are supposedly big fans (they had a T-shirt and everything).

Then they spend half the game cooking and the other half telling me about what they did last week, while I try to show them with my disinterest in what they say that there is only one thing I care about right now.  Then they say somethinglike "Hey, who's that Guyton guy? Is he the guy that replaced Asante Samuel?"  And then I choke them to death so I can watch football.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Another thing to consider, make it easier to get out of there after the game and people won't be leaving at halftime to "beat the traffic". Last game I went to, we parked at the stadium parking lot and it took us about 4 hrs to get to 495.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Issues of crowd noise are abundant across the board in the NFL(except the Cheifs Good Lord they were loud) A main reason is the recent hike in ticket prices. With a need for Luxury box, and PSL sales stadiums are losing the lower and middle class fan. They are being priced out. Now we have tickets being given to corporate clients who may not even be fans of that team. Instead of getting sections where 90% of the people live near the stadium (or at least in the same state) we get 50%.

This became more of an issue when Gillete was built, although that was the same time we started racking up SB's so I'm sure the spoiled factor comes into play as well.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I'm a season ticket holder.  I lose my voice every game.  The problem, though, is that Gillette Stadium is far too open to be a loud stadium.  The loud stadiums are closed bowls that contain sound and focus it on the field.  Gillette is just way too open on all sides.  You scream as loud as you can, but it seems like you never can get the momentum going to get the whole crowd into it.  I've been to plenty of games in the Meadowlands and it gets so loud that even the casual fans get drawn into the shouting (at last year's Pats-Jets game in NY it was so loud I couldn't even hear the fly over!).  But the Meadowlands (or at least the old Meadowlands) was a closed bowl with the fans right on top of the field. Gillette is way too open and the seats way too far from the field to create the same volume even if the fans are screaming as loud as they can.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

The fact of the matter is that your passionate NFL fan isn't as likely to go to an actual stadium as we was before. The NFL is to blame for that for several reasons. One, the unruly fans are really starting to annoy fans; they'd rather not take their daughters to games where she gets harassed just because she's wearing a pink Brady jersey. Or, fans that yell obscenities, spill beer onto kids, etc. Also, the NFL is preying on it's own sales by offering things like Red Zone; a fan can drink cheaper beer, enjoy cheaper food, sit with their friends, keep up with plays from every game: all from the comfort of their home. No egregious parking fees, ticket costs, traffic jams, unruly fans.

They're going to solve this by giving the more sophisticated fans more perks. For example, I heard they're looking into delaying the communication between the coaches and players and granting access to that feed so fans closer to the field can actually listen in to what Belichick/O'Brien are saying to Brady. That's one solution they're looking into. What that's going to do is ultimately rip into every team's home advantage because every game will be more like the Super Bowl --- a game that's more corporate-driven versus fan-driven.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

With all the $$$ Kraft has spent on Gillette over the years, you'd think he'd shell out a few more bucks to pipe in noice like they do in Indy...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Maybe just a bunch of rich snobs who have a life during football season that like to call themselves fans just because they show up at the game.

Maybe test people for heartbeats before selling them tickets.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RANDIBUS81. Show RANDIBUS81's posts

Yeah I recently red our traffic is one of the worst in all of pro sports.  Thats no reason to be loud during the game.  I

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

In Response to Re: Brady Not Happy With Gillete Crowd:
    [QUOTE]Yea that is how it is at the games, it is embarrassing to say the least. I have season tickets and my section stands the whole game and is into it but the people around us sit around the whole time and drive me nuts. Our fans are spoiled, they only get into the game when a big plays jumps off, like a 80 yard pass to Moss or a pick 6 or something.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]
    Welcome to the era of corporate tickets! 75% aren't real fans they just want to be seen and schmooze. I had seasons in the 70's and 80's and even with bad teams and a bad stadium, we were loud!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEPfan4life. Show NEPfan4life's posts

With the stadium that size, they should have a direct access to the major highways and wider roads.  People will not stay till the 4th qtr and spend another 3 hours sitting in the parking lot.  

Tommy, can we borrow your helicopter so we can stay later and get home by dinner time!!!!!!    I'm actually driving to NY to watch the game in full NEP gear, hopefully not get assaulted by NY hoodlums. 

Pats 35 - Jets 3     

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hess--Jets. Show Hess--Jets's posts

pata fans are fair weather fans-The first ones to leave when the pats are winning and the 1st to whine when their losing.

I'm guessing it's because most of you are sox fans???LOL

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

I was at the game.  People did leave early but I think that was because it was a blowout.  Once the Patriots scored a touchdown after that long drive in the fourth quarter, the game was over (barring two or three miracles).  If the game was closer, I'll bet a lot of people would have stayed.  Whose fault was it that it was not a close game?  (Not that I am blaming the team for being so dominant.)  As for crowd noise, I thought it was pretty decent when it was needed.   Early on, when the score was close, the crowd seemed to me to be providing a lot of noise on third down etc. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hess--Jets. Show Hess--Jets's posts

D AMN the MODS!-Banned AGAIN!

LOL

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

It's not mayhem like it used to be. Only during playoff games. People are definitely spoiled. There is really no point in leaving early though . I always go back to the truck and fire up the grill and have a few more beverages. You leave early to get stuck in traffic? Rookies Laughing Only game I've left early was the Titans game last year. The potential snow forcast turned into a monsoon of rainy sleet and they were obliterating the Titans. I can deal with snow but slushy wet clothes and feet was a bit much.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I grew up in Boston but no live in Dallas and am not lucky enough to have seasons tickets. I catch the Pats on DirectTV every Sunday and make more noise than 80% of the fans in stadium. 

I strongly encourage all of you that have seasons tickets, to take it upon yourselves and lift those corporate ticketholders and other pansies out of their seats and screaming like everyone else. If TB is not getting the love from the fans at games, then we got to do something about it. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Is Tom wrong?  I mean you guys paid for you tickets so do what you want.  But Gillette seems to have become "just win so we can get out of here" crowd like ewhite said a few posts earlier.  We're becoming an LA-type crowd?  Show up late, leave early?