Brady Not Happy With Gillete Crowd

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Brady Not Happy With Gillete Crowd

I don't like Brady's comments regarding fans leaving early. I highly doubt he has ever had to sit in route 1 traffic for four hours after a game and then wake up to go to work the next day. When we pay 150$ for a ticket, 50 bucks for parking and 7.50 for a beer we are allowed to do what ever we please.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

In Response to Re: Brady Not Happy With Gillete Crowd:
    [QUOTE]I don't like Brady's comments regarding fans leaving early. I highly doubt he has ever had to sit in route 1 traffic for four hours after a game and then wake up to go to work the next day. When we pay 150$ for a ticket, 50 bucks for parking and 7.50 for a beer we are allowed to do what ever we please.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

Especially for new fans/Pink Hats like yourself.  You tell 'em, Hurlie!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]I don't like Brady's comments regarding fans leaving early. I highly doubt he has ever had to sit in route 1 traffic for four hours after a game and then wake up to go to work the next day. When we pay 150$ for a ticket, 50 bucks for parking and 7.50 for a beer we are allowed to do what ever we please.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

Drink kool-aid instead of beer, you will save money!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

This is what in-stadium crowds have become in the Boston area. They are made up of more corporate suits than jersey wearing fans.

The #1 complaint I hear from real FANS at games is that if they ever DARE to stand up and cheer, they are told to sit down, first by other "fans", then by security.

The Krafts set the tone when they opened the stadium and pulled MANY season tickets back for behavior that was deemed unfit for a "family atmosphere". Since when is football, any part of pro football, a "family atmosphere". When players are smashing into each other? Screaming profanities at one another? How about Hard Knocks, is that family viewing? This is not the d a m n opera. If you want to sit all game, STAY HOME! If you don't want to watch the whole game, STAY HOME! The traffic situation has been bad since...forever, but the leaving early is new. Save the whining about "Waaaaah, I don't think Tom has ever paid $150, sat in traffic for 2 hours..." BLAH BLAH BLAH! Those types of fans, honestly, make me sick. There are plenty of real fans on the waiting list who would happily sit in all the traffic, and stay until the final gun.

Personally, I say do away with the PSLs, luxury boxes, all that ritzy crap that has no place at a football game, build 100,000 seat bowls like in college, concrete benches, and charge lower prices. Fill the stadium with REAL fans, and give your football team a real advantage. Have security, and throw the knuckleheads out, I have no problem with telling people to not taunt other fans, it only escalates. But yell at the players, team, refs...that's all fair. I'm curious how much of the money actually comes from gate receipts. After all the TV money, advertising (that they slow the game down for), overpriced concession stands, apparel, etc, etc, how much money really comes from game tickets? And I'll guarantee one thing, fill the stadium with 100,000 real fans, and I GUA-RAN-DA MN-TEE they'll make back that other money through beer and food.

It's a crying shame that the best team of the 2000's has the WORST home field advantage.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from webjunk. Show webjunk's posts

Brady was complaining about people leaving early...but when your team is up by 21 pts and people know its going to be a bear getting out of that parking lot if they wait ...then yeah, people WILL leave early to beat the traffic. Its unfortunate but it is what it is..as someone we all know loves to say.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dont-hate. Show dont-hate's posts

Give me old Foxboro stadium any Sunday in 2001 with a crappy company truck filled with my grill, my beer, a cooler full of dogs and burgers, and my neighbors (the ones who parked in the same part of the lot every game) throwin the ball around for 2 hours before kickoff and an hour after the game.

The stadium floor smelled like p!$$ and beer and you couldn't tell where your ar$e stopped and the fan's next to you started, but those were the best days of being a Pats fan.

Too many beemers and posers these days with their pink hats....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]This is a bull sh*t excuse by a fan that does not want to admit that Pats fans have become a bunch of little b*tches who wont get loud at games. 
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

It's not an excuse, it's physics.

Look even if there are more so-called "pink hats" in Gillette, the majority of the fans are pretty into the game.  The biggest reason for the decline in volume since Foxboro was replaced by Gillette isn't a change in the fans, it's the change in stadium architecture. If nothing else, those of us in the cheap seats (third deck) are much further from the field than we were in the old stadium.  We can (and do) get as loud and rowdy as we used to in Foxboro, but when we're sitting somewhere near the top of Mt. Monadnock, our voices just don't have the impact on the field that we'd like them to.

When Paul Allen had the stadium in Seattle designed, loudness was one of his primary considerations.  I don't think the designers of Gillette took crowd volume into account.  They were much more interested in creating an "open" feel. The openness is nice looking--but it doesn't contain or focus sound and because of that the new stadium tends to be quiet. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

It's been 15 years since I've been to Foxboro for a Pats game and haven't had the pleasure of going to Gillette yet. Now that I live in Florida, I've had to rely on the Sunday Ticket and waiting for the Pats / Miami games to watch them. But I've never missed watching a single game over the years and you definately see a different kind of crowd now.

I think TrueChamp hit the nail on the head. Ticket prices are so high that the middle class ROWDY fans don't go as much anymore. If I remember right, Gillette has had some of the pricier tickets in the league. That doesn't help. If you watch any other teams, I've noticed a younger crowd and those teams probably have lower ticket prices.

Anyone know how long the waitlist is for Pats season tickets? Last I knew prior to moving to FL (about 7 years ago) it was like 10 years or something. I'm jealous of you guys that get to go to the games. I'd be the first one there ready to cook at the tailgate and the last one to leave! Bring some direct TV, plenty of dogs, burgers, and sausages, and lots of beer and enjoy the late afternoon games in the parking lot while everyone else struggles to get to 495.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

[QUOTE]This is what in-stadium crowds have become in the Boston area. They are made up of more corporate suits than jersey wearing fans. The #1 complaint I hear from real FANS at games is that if they ever DARE to stand up and cheer, they are told to sit down, first by other "fans", then by security. The Krafts set the tone when they opened the stadium and pulled MANY season tickets back for behavior that was deemed unfit for a "family atmosphere". Since when is football, any part of pro football, a "family atmosphere". When players are smashing into each other? Screaming profanities at one another? How about Hard Knocks, is that family viewing? This is not the d a m n opera. If you want to sit all game, STAY HOME! If you don't want to watch the whole game, STAY HOME! The traffic situation has been bad since...forever, but the leaving early is new. Save the whining about "Waaaaah, I don't think Tom has ever paid $150, sat in traffic for 2 hours..." BLAH BLAH BLAH! Those types of fans, honestly, make me sick. There are plenty of real fans on the waiting list who would happily sit in all the traffic, and stay until the final gun. Personally, I say do away with the PSLs, luxury boxes, all that ritzy crap that has no place at a football game, build 100,000 seat bowls like in college, concrete benches, and charge lower prices. Fill the stadium with REAL fans, and give your football team a real advantage. Have security, and throw the knuckleheads out, I have no problem with telling people to not taunt other fans, it only escalates. But yell at the players, team, refs...that's all fair. I'm curious how much of the money actually comes from gate receipts. After all the TV money, advertising (that they slow the game down for), overpriced concession stands, apparel, etc, etc, how much money really comes from game tickets? And I'll guarantee one thing, fill the stadium with 100,000 real fans, and I GUA-RAN-DA MN-TEE they'll make back that other money through beer and food. It's a crying shame that the best team of the 2000's has the WORST home field advantage.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

HOOO-FREAKING-YAHHHHH. I love it. Dragon, you nailed it. I couldn't agree more with this.

Living in Tallahassee, FL, and as bad as the Noles have been the past few years, it is still an electric crowd and is the epitome of home field advantage. I wish the Pats had that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

Check this out. I was here at this game. This is what we do every week.....even when we are losing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CMf2Apihd0

THIS IS A HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE FOLKS!!!

Anyone think that any of the players on the offense could hear the QB?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JerrySpringer. Show JerrySpringer's posts

[QUOTE]I was at the game and agree with Brady.  It was driving me crazy how people were leaving early in the fourth quarter as if the Patriots were losing.  You paid tons of money and devoted your day to the game, stay and watch some football and support your team.  It's pathetic, really.
    Posted by pyegian[/QUOTE]
    People leave early because of the traffic. Its a killer dude! But the reason why the fans ar eso quiet is because they are using non kosher hot dogs at the stadium. Its giving everyone upset tummys and you cant stand up with cramps, you will poooop your pants

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from barcolounga. Show barcolounga's posts

Kraft gets what he paid for. He likes to envision himself as the saviour of football in NE. Gimme a break. He lucked out with Belichick and Brady and now he has bled the real hardcore fans out of his stadium. I went to my first game since the opener of this stadium. I was a season ticket holder from 66-88 at the other various venues. Couldn't believe the difference in the demographics of the crowd. Like someone else posted lots of older women and young girls. Never saw much of that in my day. Someday BB and TB will be gone. And so will all these mukmuk fans that they have now.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I was talking to a friend of mine last night that has season tickets so I asked him if he was one of the fans that Brady was talking about that had left early. He replied, " Yes I was and EFF Brady". He then went on to say that it suckks getting out of there after the game now and the 20 minutes that he saves leaving early turns into over an hour getting out of the parking lot.He said if it was a close game he'd never leave early. This guy is a long timer that's had season tickets for about 15 years. I didn't want to say it to him but it's probably about time he get rid of his tickets. He sounds like he's sick of going to the games and to be honest I don't blame him because I've been there. I had season tickets for 10 years and I'd rather watch at home at this point in my life. I think there are a lot of people like this guy and the thrill of the live game is gone. I also think that a  lot of these people should give up the tickets because there is still a sizeable waiting list for people that will be into it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

Honestly this surprised me.  After some thought, I figured it was by design.  If NE can act more like LA around Tom Brady, maybe he lose the desire to spend so much time there in the offseason.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I don't want to hear about traffic! The traffic has ALWAYS been bad, but people didn't make such a big issue until the Super Bowls started to roll in. Now, all of a sudden, people complain to no end about it.

I hope this doesn't happen with Sox fans. Another championship and I can already hear these same whiny fans complaining about overcrowded T cars, and having to walk ALLLL the way from Kenmore.

I, for one, don't go to games. For the price of a good 4-pack, I could by a 46 inch HD TV, sit on my couch, yell at the refs, stand up, swear, and drink beer from my own fridge at about $1 a bottle. But if I did go, I'd stay til the bitter end, and do my best to be part of the 12th man. Oh, you don't know what that is? For team's WITH a loud home crowd, they become the 12th player on the field. In no other sport can the crowd so directly impact a game, yet most people closer to the field would rather sit on their hands, and cry about someone standing in front of them. Pathetic.

Save your season ticket money, buy a nice recliner, big screen TV (which you can then mute since you're all so offended by cheering), and let a real fan into the stadium. That way you won't aggravate OUR OWN PLAYERS! Oh, right, eff Tom Brady. No, EFF YOU! It's so bad that a few years ago Vrabel pleaded for someone to explain to the fans to get loud when the OPPOSING team is facing 3rd down, not the PATS OFFENSE! That tells you enough about the majority of the fans in the stadium. Shirt and tie wearing, blackberry carrying, 3rd quarter leaving, shrimp cocktail eating, fine wine drinking frauds.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clay73. Show Clay73's posts

[QUOTE]I'm a season ticket holder.  I lose my voice every game.  The problem, though, is that Gillette Stadium is far too open to be a loud stadium.  The loud stadiums are closed bowls that contain sound and focus it on the field.  Gillette is just way too open on all sides.  You scream as loud as you can, but it seems like you never can get the momentum going to get the whole crowd into it.  I've been to plenty of games in the Meadowlands and it gets so loud that even the casual fans get drawn into the shouting (at last year's Pats-Jets game in NY it was so loud I couldn't even hear the fly over!).  But the Meadowlands (or at least the old Meadowlands) was a closed bowl with the fans right on top of the field. Gillette is way too open and the seats way too far from the field to create the same volume even if the fans are screaming as loud as they can.
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

I was at the game and I agree almost 100%.  My exception is that when our Defense makes a stop and comes off the field it is not loud at all.  I feel a Defensive stop is the equivalent to a TD.  In years past when the Defensive unit came off the field after a stop they would receive a standing ovation each and every time they forced the opposition to punt.  That is something that has to return to the Stadium crowd.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrogLegs. Show FrogLegs's posts

Spoiled fans...
    2 years ago I got for my 40th birthday a ticket for the game in Miami and I flew all the way from Europe to watch live my first NFL game.
    I guaranty you I was still in the stadium after 99.9% of the crowd left. Cool

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ebuddha. Show ebuddha's posts

Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

Stay at home then you whiny front-runner.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ebuddha. Show ebuddha's posts

[QUOTE]Kraft gets what he paid for. He likes to envision himself as the saviour of football in NE. Gimme a break. [/QUOTE]

Hey retardo. You do realize they were going to become the St. Louis Patriots, right? I mean, not maybe, but were.... until Kraft blocked the move as the lease holder.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Brady's comments were right on the mark - this is NFL Football; Patriots NFL Football, not Ice Capades.  I used to go to games in the old stadium before all the infrastructure improvements, before Kraft, before BB, before TB.  What Kraft has done is beyond remarkable and the team's performance speaks for itself.  Yes tickets are expensive but the very least fans can do is stick around to support one of the most successful teams ever in the history of Boston area professional sports (and yes I do remember the Bill Russell days of the Celts).

My 2 cents.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

I just got my voice back, but my parents and I were the only people within 20 yards of our seats cheering out loud.

And yet again, somebody behind me yelled at me for having the audacity to stand and cheer for the Patriots defense on 3rd down.

Pathetic.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from russgrisworld. Show russgrisworld's posts

I went to the Patriots game and every fan at the stadium -@sucked besides me.
    I'm the best fan in the world and everyone else is a loser.
    I can't believe how many times I had to tell a couple of moron fans in front of me to sit down and shut up so normal people could enjoy the game.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]I went to the Patriots game and every fan at the stadium -@sucked besides me. I'm the best fan in the world and everyone else is a loser. I can't believe how many times I had to tell a couple of moron fans in front of me to sit down and shut up so normal people could enjoy the game.
    Posted by russgrisworld[/QUOTE]

Welcome back Russ.

Sure is good to see you.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from barcolounga. Show barcolounga's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady Not Happy With Gillete Crowd : Hey retardo. You do realize they were going to become the St. Louis Patriots, right? I mean, not maybe, but were.... until Kraft blocked the move as the lease holder.
    Posted by ebuddha[/QUOTE]