Brady... One Year Removed From Surgery Will Make A Huge Difference....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DuncanOrange. Show DuncanOrange's posts

Brady... One Year Removed From Surgery Will Make A Huge Difference....

He'll have the entire off-season healthy that alone gives the Patriots a huge pickup to the offense.  Bill needs to get Brady a RB that can carry the load for the first time since Corey Dillion. 

One defense we'll be fine as long as Wilfork resigns.  We're young and with another year of experience in BB's system will make a huge difference, plus we'll add some more speed via the draft. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tamayo2431. Show tamayo2431's posts

Re: Brady... One Year Removed From Surgery Will Make A Huge Difference....

amen to that.

I'm confident BB will finally adress the pass rush woes. Leaders will develop. Key players with injuries will heal. One underrated aspect was how much Mayo underperformed, and his injured knee had a lot to do with it. A pass rush can mask many deficiencies on the D. Our DB's are fine, our interior LB should be alright. We just need a pass rusher at OLB and another DE as well as keeping Wilfork.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

What we need is some offensive linemen that can protect Brady. He is getting pounded.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

I second that Cyber, we need an upgrade or two on the OL

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Was Manning even touched in the Super Bowl?  Why can't we get linemen like that?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

it shuold, but we need some OL help and get good WRs, and RBs to he don't have to carry the load

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

I agree, he should feel more comfortable with his knee next year.

However, if the Patriots fail to protect him against the better Pass Rush teams - I don't care how good Brady is - the Patriots will continue to be a second tier team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coolguy55220. Show Coolguy55220's posts

OL, OLB, Explosiveness (WR/RB/TE), resign Bodden...
    If these 4 get addressed, in that order, i think the pats will be a force again next season...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

OL is the first priority.  LB should be covered from their current players.  Don't forget Mckenzie and Crable are coming back.  They need Boden for the corner. 
    I would resign Burgess.  He was getting it in the end and he cost two draft picks.  Wilfork needs to be take care of.  Pryor and Brace will be better.  I would like to see a 4-3 line.  Use Wilfork and Brace in the middle.  Let Warren seal the edge on for the run.  Pryor/green/Wright/ Draft pick on the right.  The Defense will be strong.  Offense needs and upgrade at Running back, Wide receiver and possibly TE if Watson does not sign. 
    There was only one game that the Pats were blown out.  They are close and should be hungry this year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

msteven can u really count on Crable at this point?  Isnt it more of a gravy thing if he contributes.  I count him as a zero and anything he gives is bonus

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Re: Brady... One Year Removed From Surgery Will Make A Huge Difference....:
     What we need is some offensive linemen that can protect Brady. He is getting pounded.
    Posted by Cyberknot

Maybe "pounded" is too strong.  He went four games w/o a sack near the end of the season.

But I agree that they need some youth on the line.  And the running holes were not often there for Maroney, who had to dance around to find somewhere to run. (His dancing finally paid dividends.) Light was awesome in their past, but he has lost a step on the edge.  Maybe he could be moved to the right.  Kazcur had a rough year.  (The press booth guys at the Indy game nicknamed him "turnstyle".) He may need to be replaced by someone new.  Koppen got run over a little, too, even though he excels in other ways.  He is close to retirement, so they at least need to line up a replacement in the draft. Mankins had a really good year and SeaBass looks like a future Pro Bowler for LT.

In addition, they need another good blocking RB.  Faulk can't block on every play.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Re: Brady... One Year Removed From Surgery Will Make A Huge Difference....:
    Was Manning even touched in the Super Bowl?  Why can't we get linemen like that?
    Posted by themightypatriotz

You mean why can't we get the officials to let the Pats OL do as much holding? LOL.

Seriously, they were good.  But they were also very good about concealing their holds.  Best in the league at that. They have it down to a science.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In Response to Re: Brady... One Year Removed From Surgery Will Make A Huge Difference.... : Maybe "pounded" is too strong.  He went four games w/o a sack near the end of the season. But I agree that they need some youth on the line.  And the running holes were not often there for Maroney, who had to dance around to find somewhere to run. (His dancing finally paid dividends.) Light was awesome in their past, but he has lost a step on the edge.  Maybe he could be moved to the right.  Kazcur had a rough year.  (The press booth guys at the Indy game nicknamed him "turnstyle".) He may need to be replaced by someone new.  Koppen got run over a little, too, even though he excels in other ways.  He is close to retirement, so they at least need to line up a replacement in the draft. Mankins had a really good year and SeaBass looks like a future Pro Bowler for LT. In addition, they need another good blocking RB.  Faulk can't block on every play.
    Posted by chrisakawoody

he only got sacked 16 times this season which is a very good number BUT still got hit a ton...Low sack numbers are more of a products of Brady's ability to read the defense and get the ball out before taking the sack...
    I hope Vollmer continues to progress and start are LT next season and hopefully we can trade Matt Light for some picks...Too many times this season i noticed teams getting heavy pressure with only 3 and 4 man rushes