Brady or Manning? ESPN nails it for once!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from benBlev. Show benBlev's posts

Brady or Manning? ESPN nails it for once!

Watch the video and tell me what you think
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=nwe

Glad they are finally saying this...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Re: Brady or Manning? ESPN nails it for once!

ESPN is one of the most intelligent and insightful sports media outlets in History. I take back everything I ever said about them...Until they turn on us again.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Did I hear this right?

Did that idiot just say Tom Brady has "the Tim Tebow Factor?"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In Response to Re: Brady or Manning? ESPN nails it for once!:
    ESPN is one of the most intelligent and insightful sports media outlets in History. I take back everything I ever said about them...Until they turn on us again.
    Posted by ewhite1065

So true, they really know thier stuff over there.  By far my favorite media outlet for the moment.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Are you guys f*cking with me? ESPN makes me want to *puke and reading you guys praising them is making me want to *puke so I really hope you are kidding. I cant believe you cant use the word *puke
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

Relax MVP they are kidding.......................I think.  :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

boy they pretty labeled manning a choker for that "ill-fated pass"

But they are correct Brady is the best, and has never caused his team to lose a super bowl

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

Did I hear this right? Did that idiot just say Tom Brady has "the Tim Tebow Factor?"
    Posted by p-mike

yeah he did, who's tim tebow again?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

Ok, they get  it right for the first time in a long time, but don
    't get too comfortable with 'em cause they will turn on us again
    at the drop of a hat ...Wait and see...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

That was first an 10. Skip Bayless on a regular basis calls out the Peyton Mannings, LeBron James, Alex Rodriguezs, and Alex Ovechkins of the sports world who can get it done when there is little to no pressure on them, but su(k eggs when it really matters. 

And of course Shaun Philips would pick Brady, we own them, they own the Colts. It's a pecking order. I really wish people would tune into 1st and 10. Skip calls it likes he sees 'em. He's always been a 'Tom Brady is better than Peyton Manning" kind of guy. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Good to hear some "analysts" not consumed with jughead mania.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Anyway, since we've finally settle this life long debate. How about we move onto more pressing matters

Batman or Superman? 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Im actually shocked because I agreed with all of it.

Manning is the best regular season QB of all time but the dude is just a legit choker.

Shaun Phillips showed respect for Brady and most defenders including Ray Lewis love Brady. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

As Pats fans, of course we are happy with what these guys said.  Of course, on the flip side, Colts fans are livid and are going... "what the fuh!"  ESPN could also easily bring in other pundits who will take Manning.  For me, I just live with the fact Brady is the Patriots QB and we get to root for him.  Brady did do what he had to do to get the Pats 4 SB trophies, but, a certain miracle derailed that 4th ring.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Anyway, since we've finally settle this life long debate. How about we move onto more pressing matters Batman or Superman? 
    Posted by 49Patriots

Unless Batman is packing Kryptonite in that utility belt, this is a non issue.

The entire rest of the Justice League wouldn't stand a chance against Superman.

It's like Richard Pryor said, "Superman was bad, man."

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

What always seems too get overlooked when making the Brady vs. Manning comparision, is the talent level that surrounded both QB's.  Manning had by far more talent around him the Brady most of his career.  Wayne and Harrison in his prime, Dallas clark, a solid running game his entire career, and a top O-Line.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics12345. Show Celtics12345's posts

TOM BRady

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Did I hear this right? Did that idiot just say Tom Brady has "the Tim Tebow Factor?"
    Posted by p-mike

You heard right, something very wrong.  He should have said Tim Tebow has the Tom Brady factor.  I hope that is what he meant to say and just goofed it up.  I know that not all football players are rocket scientists, but you'd have to be a total 'tard to intentionally say that Tom Brady (3 rings) has the Tim Tebow (rookie) factor.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: Brady or Manning? ESPN nails it for once! : Relax MVP they are kidding.......................I think.  :)
    Posted by raptor64d

Absolutely!..The only reason I will ever see any ESPN Clip is because someone posts a link here. The NFL Network made ESPN irrelevant for me and I haven't patronized ESPN on a regular basis since they torpedoed us about spygate.

That being said, I hope they keep up the great work of recent hours.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Certainly, I have been asked for my thoughts on this.  I've yet to read or hear or watch the report, but it doesn't surprise me.  I've said before that I consider these guys 1a and 1b.  It is when people are unwilling to accept that opinion that I have to provide my thoughts which are usually not very welcome here. 

Because I see these guys as 1a and 1b (although I will say if Brady does not perform this year it will hurt him substantially), I fully accept there will be opinions and reports claiming Brady is better, just as there are those that exist that say Manning is better. 

I am happy for you guys.  I think you needed this.  The last couple of years have been full of clouds for you, and everyone deserves a little sunshine.  Especially in the summer.

Peace.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

I am in tears here with Roos last post.  Nice backpedal, Roos!
    Posted by russgriswold

He's been caught up to his neck in so many lies and misrepresentations that he has no credibility, no one takes him seriously, and no one cares what he thinks.

So...now he's trying to make nice. How pathetic.

Peace...LOL!!!  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

I'll take Marino over both Brady and Manning. Marino was a statistical monster. Anybody can win a SB you just need a good field goal kicker and good defense. Stats though?! If Payton continues like he's going his stats will put him right behind Marino as the GOAT. I guess Brady gets a nod but its really a credit to him playing around the greatest offensive weapons of his generation. Give me stats anyday!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Oh, its Brady who has played with the "greatest offensive weapons of his generation", not Manning?  Put the pipe down.  And if winning the Super Bowl is so easy why didn't you boy Marino ever do it?  BS.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I'll take Marino over both Brady and Manning. Marino was a statistical monster. Anybody can win a SB you just need a good field goal kicker and good defense. Stats though?! If Payton continues like he's going his stats will put him right behind Marino as the GOAT. I guess Brady gets a nod but its really a credit to him playing around the greatest offensive weapons of his generation. Give me stats anyday!
    Posted by TheFantasyBaron

Fantasy Baron? More like fantasy clown. 

If it's so easy for anyone to win a SB, why didn't Marino win one? That bull about Marino not having a good defense is a load of crud. 

Cold, Hard Football Facts: Marino played 17 seasons in the NFL. Twice, he had the luxury of playing with the league’s No. 1 scoring defense: his rookie year of 1983 (15.6 points per game), and again in 1998 (16.6 points per game). That’s a pretty enviable ratio in a league that had 28 and then 30 teams in Marino’s playing days.

Consider this: Terry Bradshaw played 14 seasons in Pittsburgh and won four Super Bowls. The famed Steel Curtain defense that he played with led the league in scoring just twice in those 14 years. Of Bradshaw's four title teams, only one boasted the league's best scoring defense.

In Marino’s record-setting 1984 season, the Dolphins had the No. 1 scoring offense in football and the No. 6 scoring defense (18.6 points per game). The 1990 Dolphins, meanwhile, boasted the league’s No. 4 scoring defense, surrendering just 15.1 points per game.

There’s no doubt Marino played with some poor defenses in his day, but that’s the price of playing in the league 17 years. But the Cold, Hard Football Facts show that he also played with several defenses more than strong enough to win Super Bowls.

And Brady had his generation's best offensive weapons? Is that weed laced with crack? 

Yeah, Deion Branch, Reche Caldwell and Doug Gabriel were perennial all-stars before and after they were Patriots. 

Don't do drugs, kids. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from benBlev. Show benBlev's posts

I do really think he ment to say that Tebow has the Tom Brady factor.  And by the 'factor' he means the intangibles that brady is so reknown for.  I just really loved the Peyton is the best regular season QB line.. Thats the one I've been waiting to hear for a while.  Also, they paused before naming brady the best of all time at the end there but lets not forget that brady has 5 more years left and if he does win one more SB then its in the bag!