Brady over Cassel nets us no wins at best

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Brady over Cassel nets us no wins at best

Just pointing out the facts.  This team despite getting a future HOF QB, Tom Brady back, will only have the same record, if not worse than what they had with Cassel at the helm.  This team really needs to retool this off-season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

Re: Brady over Cassel nets us no wins at best

Ya, I'm loath to admit it, but Brady looks lost and frustrated out there and who could blame him? There is NO commitment to the run and only one guy out there is getting open more than once a game (despite that everyone knows the ball is going to him ... 83)

I don't think Cassel would be doing any better though, the O line and O coordinator would make sure of that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

The defense is completely revamped, we have a new O coordinator, and even lost a good 3rd WR (Gaffney).  I'm not sure any comparison is valid given those factors; the O coordinator being perhaps the biggest factor.  The only thing Cassell has over Brady is mobility.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

I think much of this lays at the feet of the defense.  Against the Colts, the offense put up 34 points and gave the defense a 13 point lead midway through the 4th quarter.  The offense can't play defense and it has to be frustrating for them to see that D play so soft, as they did yesterday.  Granted, the O didn't help with their misfires, but, when it gives your team the lead, why can't you hold it??!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Sorry, I should have pointed this out: I was not taking a direct hit on Brady at all, and while he hasn't been the same, it is critisism for the rest of the team. Obviously Cassel wouldn't do better than Brady, but this team is bad enough that even getting Brady back netted no improvement from last year.  Heck, we might very well have a worse record.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from number1troll. Show number1troll's posts

My thoughts throughout the season re Pats is that they aren't in the right mindset. From the start of the season I've noticed a lot of whining for not getting calls, and to me that always belies a lack of focus on the task at hand. Even Welker was doing that, finally, vs the Saints. I'd never have pegged him for whining for calls.

The only thing I can think of is that the team banded togetgher behind the newbie Cassel. Were the Pats determined to avoid a letdown after the loss of TB? I don't know. But with TB back, perhaps the mindset has been to relax with the expectation that TB could pick up where he left off prior to the injury.

Who knows. But, despite all the changes, I still think it's mindset. They seem like they've just lost their mojo.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

First off, the schedule last year was MUCH easier than the schedule this year. This year, the Pats have played most teams while they were hot and on their win streaks AT their stadium. It hasn't been easy this year.

Also, Brady is coming off a massive injury and he is second in the league in passing yards and up there in the other categories as well. He's having a very good season. He has a streak of a couple off games and most of you people think he's lost it. Come on.

The defense has been revamped as well and we are lacking depth in some key positions. It's a very young and inexperienced defense. Most of the vets the Patriots have are new to the team as well.

Add on top of that the Patriots have brand new coordinators. A team is always going to struggle a little after there is so much change and added youth.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mississippipatfan. Show mississippipatfan's posts

We have to understand that from year to year we will be a different team.  In the NFL, every team is different from year to year.  What we  have to realize is that no other team has stayed the same.  We are just taking our bumps right now.  We as fans have to stay behind this team and hope they come together.  I do think we have personnel issues sarting with BB.  We need to play to win and put points up.  We should have went for the FG at Miami.  We also need a OC that understand the game and do not rely on a person on the staff to learn on the fly.  Our defense needs to be alot more aggresive.  I still think we can make the playoffs.  The SB is another story.  As winners every year it is hard to take the last few years.  But NE fans, we will be ok.