Brady: quit your whining.

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

Re: Brady: quit your whining.

Lmao the troll is gone! Finally we can have some peace...for another 10 minutes Frown

"I don’t know. I think Tom is probably the best leader I’ve ever been around so I wouldn’t be too critical of him. " - BB

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

Pats fan first.  Anyone who currently wears the uniform is part of the team, including Brady.  If they traded Brady tomorrow, I would still be a Pats fan.

That said, I will paraphrase what Bruschi said earlier: this year should NOT be about the success of the passing game.  What happened to a BALANCED team?  THAT'S what wins championships. 

Sure, the passing game is a messy situation right now, but let's open the door to the bigger problem: where is the running game?  Without it, the passing game will be even under more scrutiny.

Let's not forget there's a case to be made that hopefully this is the season that a top caliber D has arrived.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc1944. Show MadMc1944's posts

Brady's a baby--he threw three tantrums Thursday night on National TV. Holding his hands to his helmet, more than once--it wasn't so he could hear the play call. Then at least once on the sidelines. 

He wasn't exactly on top of his game and he chose to take it out on some young kids who are still learning the game. He's lucky he didn't run his mouth off against Mankins--he would have made short work of our darling. 

He acted like a bully, yes a bully, something we are trying to remedy in society knowing the kids aren't going to stand up to him in Week 2. The darling of New England may not have realized this was America watching. This was something he could have saved for halftime but instead he embarrassed himself, his family, owner, coach and fellow players. He should be required to become the National Spokesperson for Anti Bullying in America after that tirade: "This IS an EX. of bullying."

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to MadMc1944's comment:

He acted like a bully, yes a bully, something we are trying to remedy in society knowing the kids aren't going to stand up to him in Week 2. The darling of New England may not have realized this was America watching. This was something he could have saved for halftime but instead he embarrassed himself, his family, owner, coach and fellow players. He should be required to become the National Spokesperson for Anti Bullying in America after that tirade: "This IS an EX. of bullying."

This isn't summer camp dodge ball.  This is the National Football League.  The players aren't kids.  They are grown men.

Give me a BREAK.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Pats-Fan-2007...  about as far off base as you can get about Brady throwing team mates under the bus and whining.  What are you looking at?  Seems you are whining about Brady.

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Brady's a baby--he threw three tantrums Thursday night on National TV. Holding his hands to his helmet, more than once--it wasn't so he could hear the play call. Then at least once on the sidelines. 

He wasn't exactly on top of his game and he chose to take it out on some young kids who are still learning the game. He's lucky he didn't run his mouth off against Mankins--he would have made short work of our darling. 

OK.. like Brady is the ONLY NFL QB in history to show emotion on national TV?  Come on, we've seen Peyton and many others do that.  What made this even more of a media topic, Brady was so right is acting like he did considering the receivers just weren't doing their job most of that game.  Look how many drops occurred Thursday night of passes which were catchable.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

While I absolutely agree that a lot of the comments are over the top...I also agree that it does seem that TB does act something like a prima donna (sp?) at times.  I would hope, that a guy with his experience and success would be able to deal with dropped balls and improper routes with a little more calmness and confidence.  I don't know about the rest of you, but when I find myself in a tough situation, I am much more likely to follow the direction of someone who maintains an even keel when facing adversity than someone who loses their cool.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Fans: quit your whining...

You're a f-ing embarrassment to Patriot's fans everywhere.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Frankly, I'm sick of all this silly talk about bullying.  SICK OF IT.  It's more of that soft, super sensitive crap that has made people into whiny, self centered, self serving, babies.  In basic training, people yelled at us when we screwed up.  They punished us when we screwed up.  Sometimes they cracked a clipboard over our heads when we screwed up.  Guess what happened?  WE STOPPED SCREWING UP.  Pressure to perform creates an atmosphere where people try harder, concentrate harder, and get things right.  A nation of soft sad sissies is what we are becoming with all this stupid bullying crap. 

Brady was mad.  He acted mad.  He let guys know they were screwing up.  He didn't hit anyone, spit on anyone, or call anyone bad names.  These young guys need to feel pressure to learn the way to do things, and to carry out their assignments correctly.  I don't care if they are upset that they got yelled at.  Do right and you won't get yelled at.  PERIOD. 

If they lose confidence because they got yelled at, I guess that they had pretty poor confidence to begin with. 

This will get corrected and be forgotten by week 4.  And we WON THE DAMN GAME.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

Brady made some bad throws also but it was pouring out.  

I didn't see anyone getting on his case for those bad throws.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to stillgridlocked's comment:

Making a bad throw will happen in the rain.  Players slipping and falling will happen also.  Balls will be dropped in the rain.  You really have to expect that.

Rookies blowing route after route?  You really shouldn't expect that.

That's the difference.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to Davedsone's comment:

Frankly, I'm sick of all this silly talk about bullying.  SICK OF IT.  It's more of that soft, super sensitive crap that has made people into whiny, self centered, self serving, babies.  In basic training, people yelled at us when we screwed up.  They punished us when we screwed up.  Sometimes they cracked a clipboard over our heads when we screwed up.  Guess what happened?  WE STOPPED SCREWING UP.  Pressure to perform creates an atmosphere where people try harder, concentrate harder, and get things right.  A nation of soft sad sissies is what we are becoming with all this stupid bullying crap. 

Brady was mad.  He acted mad.  He let guys know they were screwing up.  He didn't hit anyone, spit on anyone, or call anyone bad names.  These young guys need to feel pressure to learn the way to do things, and to carry out their assignments correctly.  I don't care if they are upset that they got yelled at.  Do right and you won't get yelled at.  PERIOD. 

If they lose confidence because they got yelled at, I guess that they had pretty poor confidence to begin with. 

This will get corrected and be forgotten by week 4.  And we WON THE DAMN GAME.

Unfortunately, this mentality is just as damaging as the aforementioned one -- just on the polar opposite end of the spectrum.

Neither here nor there, though. No business going into it. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Making a bad throw will happen in the rain.  Players slipping and falling will happen also.  Balls will be dropped in the rain.  You really have to expect that.

That's the difference.

[/QUOTE]

So let me get this straight. No rookies ever run the wrong routes? How do you know how many wrong routes were run? Were you in the huddle when the play was called? Were you in the meeting room when the coaches tape was reviewed by the team? Do you know for sure wrong routes were run or could it possibly be the route was run incorrectly? or the receiver didn't make the correct read and sat down in the wrong spot in zone coverage?

They are rookies they are going to make mistakes especially in this offense which is a read offense. They just don't get to the line and run 7 or 9 routes. Adjustments and reads are part of the process and it will take time for them to become proficient.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to APpats22's comment:

What do you guys want? TB to hand them little trophies for participation? They're grown men so if they can't take being chewed out when they do something wrong then they should change sports. He's on the back 9 of his career and he expects the best out of his guys. It's not that hard to figure out. Well it must be for Rusty because he thinks when Brady says "we" he's throwing Wendell under the bus. Undecided Go figure...

"I don’t know. I think Tom is probably the best leader I’ve ever been around so I wouldn’t be too critical of him. " - BB

Nope no trophies necessary, just an awareness that the rookies haven't played 5-6 years in the NFL and may get a route adjustment wrong. I don't know of any job where a guy starting out was expected to be as good as someone that has done it for years. And I've had a lot of jobs!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Grown, mature men don't take criticism personally. They listen to the criticism and then make adjustments when/if necessary.

Leaders don't fly off the handle easily. They don't act like 13 year olds when things go wrong. Leaders take responsibility, rather than deflect it. 

I really can't believe the reaction of some posters. Don't take this so personally. Don't get your panties in a bunch just beacuse Brady is being criticized.

We all make mistakes. We all deserve to get criticized at some point. Take the criticism and move on.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

This isn't summer camp dodge ball.  This is the National Football League.  The players aren't kids.  They are grown men.

Give me a BREAK.

+1

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

They don't have to. Brady gets on his own case.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

[QUOTE]

That's the difference.

[/QUOTE]

If they were completely blowing their routes why is Brady throwing to them on those possessions? 

I can remember people saying Edelman should be cut just a few weeks ago and now he's the best active receiver.  I can remember a lot of people saying the rookie receivers looked great.

Based on history Gronk will come back and towards the end of the season be injured and out for the year. Also based on history Amendola will also be injured again and again.

The rookie receivers the Pats have are what he has to work with and that's that.  Who is to blame for that?  Not Brady obviously.  That's a management issue.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

[QUOTE]Brady made some bad throws also but it was pouring out.  

They don't have to. Brady gets on his own case.

[/QUOTE]

That's a load if I've ever heard one.  

I've never seen Brady act out when he makes a mistake the way he does when others do.  He acts sheepish when he makes a mistake very low key.  He acknowedges it that's all.  

What Brady is going through right now is having to work with inexperienced players.  A great way to break any confidence that they have in themselves is to berate them on national tv while over throwing them on at least 4 occassions.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

That's a load if I've ever heard one.  

I've never seen Brady act out when he makes a mistake the way he does when others do.  He acts sheepish when he makes a mistake very low key.  He acknowedges it that's all.  

What Brady is going through right now is having to work with inexperienced players.  A great way to break any confidence that they have in themselves is to berate them on national tv while over throwing them on at least 4 occassions.

What would you like him to do?  Maybe he could bring a nice oven and stick his head in it on the sidelines.  Maybe he could bring a taser and zap himself.

Blah blah confidence whatever.  If you can't take your QB giving you the gears when you foul up, you can go back to UPS.  These are grown men.  Professionals.  Adults.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.