Brady record against some of our favorite teams.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Brady record against some of our favorite teams.

In Response to Re: Brady record against some of our favorite teams.:
    [QUOTE]I don't think anyone would dispute TB is all about winning and has the record to prove it.  I also do not believe anyone would dispute the need for an improved D or a more effective ground game.  All of that being said, those are pretty impressive stats.
    Posted by ATJ[/QUOTE]

Well stated ATJ. I really did put this up simply because it is rather astonishing what Brady and BB have accomplished and thought putting up some numbers showing it emphasises the point.

But as you can see the thread has been hijacked by those with an agenda. I have no problem with that myself. But I note it for those who complain about threads being hijacked. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

WOW!  This Brady guy is pretty good. 

Who woulda' thunk it? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

I don't think is accurate to solely blame Brady for the last 2 SB loses, he has put his team in the best position to win, it's just that the D couldn't close the game out. It's like blaming the Offense in baseball when your closer has a blown save. To me Brady did his job, which was to give the D the lead in the closing minutes so they can do their job. Now I'm not saying he played lights out in both of those games. But come on, he did his JOB it was the other side of the ball to do theirs...Enough said.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

It's good to know the offense's job ends after two TD's and two turnovers. 

Zero points in the 4th quarter was particularly impressive by our offense.  Enough said...

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]I don't think is accurate to solely blame Brady for the last 2 SB loses, he has put his team in the best position to win, it's just that the D couldn't close the game out. It's like blaming the Offense in baseball when your closer has a blown save. To me Brady did his job, which was to give the D the lead in the closing minutes so they can do their job. Now I'm not saying he played lights out in both of those games. But come on, he did his JOB it was the other side of the ball to do theirs...Enough said.....
    Posted by leonardo0110[/QUOTE]

Hate to say this Leonardo but it's just as much Brady's and the O's job to kill the clock and run out the game when they have the lead as it is the D's job to prevent a score when they need to.

It was a failure from both sides

BTW your anology would be similar to the O giving a closer a 2-1 lead making a couple of errors to get a couple of players on then the closer giving up a 3 run homerun.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady record against some of our favorite teams. : Would have won 5 SB with the "top D" part of your proposition. But I can agree our 3.24 yac over those last 2 SBs sure as hell couldn't be mistaken for a strong run game.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

We would have won either SB's with either a strong stand by the D in the end or a stronger run game to run out the clock in the end.

The point I was trying to make was that we won those earlier SB's because we didn't lay everything on Brady's shoulders and were a better more rounded team. After the 06' season where it was clear we ultimately failed because the D blew up in the 2nd half and the make shift WR core couldn't make a catch. For some reason after that season the entire philosophy shifted away from a team aspect to putting everything on Brady's shoulders and turning us into the Colts.

Now other then 01' I'm sure we couldn't have even made those SB's without Brady, and the only reason I say 01' is because that was just a special team. But, with that being said I'm looking forward to this season because it looks like they finally figured out that recorded breaking regular season O's and putting everything into the passing O doesn't work and have finally invested into the D and some young RB's that at worst should give you what Smith gave you in 01' and 03'. I'm looking forward to any of the 3 phases could win a game not just Brady's arm again.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady record against some of our favorite teams. : Hate to say this Leonardo but it's just as much Brady's and the O's job to kill the clock and run out the game when they have the lead as it is the D's job to prevent a score when they need to. It was a failure from both sides BTW your anology would be similar to the O giving a closer a 2-1 lead making a couple of errors to get a couple of players on then the closer giving up a 3 run homerun.
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

I know they also needed to kill time off the clock, but if it was not accomplished the best case scenario was for them to be ahead, trusting their D to make the plays they couldn't and bring home the trophy. It's a team sport so the blame should be spread around equally, not just on the QB, or the O-line, or the WR, or the TE, or RB or the D-line etc... It should be from top to bottom, starting with the HC all the way down to the players...The play-calling wasn't something to write home about, same goes for the execution, they didn't make the adjustment necessary they same way they didn't do it in '07...How do you stop a good pass-rush??? by running the ball, granted they didn't have much success running but hey don't abandon it on the first time you get stopped, keep going at it, and have the D thinking about it too. This is all I'm saying neither the D nor the O played a good game. So yeah the blame should go to both sides of the ball.....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady record against some of our favorite teams. : We would have won either SB's with either a strong stand by the D in the end or a stronger run game to run out the clock in the end. The point I was trying to make was that we won those earlier SB's because we didn't lay everything on Brady's shoulders and were a better more rounded team. After the 06' season where it was clear we ultimately failed because the D blew up in the 2nd half and the make shift WR core couldn't make a catch. For some reason after that season the entire philosophy shifted away from a team aspect to putting everything on Brady's shoulders and turning us into the Colts. Now other then 01' I'm sure we couldn't have even made those SB's without Brady, and the only reason I say 01' is because that was just a special team. But, with that being said I'm looking forward to this season because it looks like they finally figured out that recorded breaking regular season O's and putting everything into the passing O doesn't work and have finally invested into the D and some young RB's that at worst should give you what Smith gave you in 01' and 03'. I'm looking forward to any of the 3 phases could win a game not just Brady's arm again.

Great point Eng, this is what I have been blabbering about as well. This is all I wanted to see and agree it is the direction we are headed....I hope!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady record against some of our favorite teams. : Hate to say this Leonardo but it's just as much Brady's and the O's job to kill the clock and run out the game when they have the lead

You don't run out the clock with a slim lead. That is a recipe for disaster. With a slim lead the offense must try to score more.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

One man team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]It's good to know the offense's job ends after two TD's and two turnovers.  Zero points in the 4th quarter was particularly impressive by our offense.  Enough said...
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

The offense's job ends when they turn the game over to the D with a lead and very little time left.

Zero turnovers from our D was particularly impressive as was the humiliating collapse on the Giant's final drive.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]I don't think is accurate to solely blame Brady for the last 2 SB loses, he has put his team in the best position to win, it's just that the D couldn't close the game out. It's like blaming the Offense in baseball when your closer has a blown save. To me Brady did his job, which was to give the D the lead in the closing minutes so they can do their job. Now I'm not saying he played lights out in both of those games. But come on, he did his JOB it was the other side of the ball to do theirs...Enough said.....
    Posted by leonardo0110[/QUOTE]

+1

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady record against some of our favorite teams. :   putting everything into the passing O doesn't work and have finally invested into the D

The acquisitions into the D have been massive for the last half decade. The acquisitions into the passing game has been modest in comparison.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Babe... and this proves what? 

You KNOW you will get pounded for Brady's record in the SB against the "vaunted" Giants!  0-2!!!! (Not his fault, when you think of it )  But, then again, not too many QB's at the helm of their team can claim such an excellent, overall, record, when all games are included.  If you were trying to create conversation, you did, from many corners!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Babe... and this proves what?  You KNOW you will get pounded for Brady's record in the SB against the "vaunted" Giants!  0-2!!!! (Not his fault, when you think of it )  But, then again, not too many QB's at the helm of their team can claim such an excellent, overall, record, when all games are included.  If yu wre trying to create conversation, you did, from many corners!
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

Wasn't trying to prove anything. I was just looking at the numbers and said wow. Thought I would share it.

As far as Super Bowls; let's just say, if I were Eli I would be forever grateful to the Pats' defense. Without them, he would be considered a tremendous disappointment.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady record against some of our favorite teams. : You don't run out the clock with a slim lead. That is a recipe for disaster. With a slim lead the offense must try to score more.

Oh my bad so if you have a slim lead and don't kill the clock the O's job is to get more points. Thanks for the clarification. So if that's the case then the O still failed because they didn't score or run out the clock with less then 4mins left!

It was both the O's and the D's fault

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

We win because we have the greatest coach/GM in the history of the game, a great QB and a great owner. It takes a lot of pieces to win in the NFL, never just one guy. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady record against some of our favorite teams. : Oh my bad so if you have a slim lead and don't kill the clock the O's job is to get more points. Thanks for the clarification. So if that's the case then the O still failed because they didn't score or run out the clock with less then 4mins left! It was both the O's and the D's fault

The O started that drive with 9:24 left. You don't run to burn clock with that much time and a 2 point lead. You try to get first downs whatever way you are best able. How long have you been following football?

Yes, the O failed to get more points after excecuting the most time consuming drive of the game for either team. But they certainly would have gotten those points if Welker didn't drop the ball.

Then the D failed to hold the lead in the last minutes and lost the Super Bowl.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]We win because we have the greatest coach/GM in the history of the game, a great QB and a great owner. It takes a lot of pieces to win in the NFL, never just one guy. 
    Posted by sporter81[/QUOTE]

How do you figure BB is the greatest GM in the history of the game?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady record against some of our favorite teams. : Wasn't trying to prove anything. I was just looking at the numbers and said wow. Thought I would share it. As far as Super Bowls; let's just say, if I were Eli I would be forever grateful to the Pats' defense. Without them, he would be considered a tremendous disappointment.
    True, and having two of, arguably, the most miraculous plays to occur in a super bowl on a winning drive to get those wins.  The stars were in align for him in those two games.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

It wouldn't be a Babe thread without some whining about the defense.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady record against some of our favorite teams. : Wasn't trying to prove anything. I was just looking at the numbers and said wow. Thought I would share it. As far as Super Bowls; let's just say, if I were Eli I would be forever grateful to the Pats' defense. Without them, he would be considered a tremendous disappointment.

Yup that safety and those INTs didn't hurt the Pats at all.

But hey I guess our first Super Bowl win wasn't a gutsy end of game drive by Brady it was a failure of the Rams defense.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CoolPat. Show CoolPat's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady record against some of our favorite teams. : Of course QB fumbles are largely a function of OL play. But.... Career fumbles per game started. Brady .49 Rodgers .51 Young .47 BR .47 Brees .43 Warner .87 Marino .45 Rivers .56 Romo .58 Looks like Brady has been protected to a typical level compared to most NFL QBs.

Then why does he almost hold the record for Career Fumbles lost with 30?  He ranks 7th all time. You cant blame all his fumbles on the OL. Its obvious he just cant hold onto the ball as well as most other QB's.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady record against some of our favorite teams. : Then why does he almost hold the record for Career Fumbles lost with 30?  He ranks 7th all time. You cant blame all his fumbles on the OL. Its obvious he just cant hold onto the ball as well as most other QB's.
    Posted by CoolPat[/QUOTE]

Careful when you oppose Babe's Brady lust. She gets angry