Brady record against some of our favorite teams.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Re: Brady record against some of our favorite teams.

In Response to Re: Brady record against some of our favorite teams.:
    [QUOTE]In the fourth quarters of the two Super Bowl wins, Manning was a combined 19-of-29 for 268 yards and two TDs with zero interceptions. In the fourth quarter on Sunday, Tom Brady was 6-of-14 for 64 yards with an INT.
    Posted by RedEyedJeti[/QUOTE]

And  Yet the Pats were ahead in the games up until the last 35 & 57 seconds of both 60 minute games.  Imagine that!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady record against some of our favorite teams. : Funny thing about "numers". Here are some for you: YPG (offense): Reg season  428    SB  359  (- 50 under avg) Scoring:          Reg season  32.1   SB  17  (47% below avg) TD/game:        Reg season  3.6    SB   2  (45% below avg) Ah, but now let's look at Brady's comparrisons (you know, something you can't blame the D for): Pass YPG:     Reg season  318    SB  276  (40 yds less) Keep in mind, all this against the 28th ranked defense in the league. Stellar performance! Then there was the three and out with under 7 minutes left in the  3rd Qtr with a 17-12 lead (remamber, they had gone up 17-9, and gave up a FG. It was time to make a statement, grab control of the game, show 'em who the boss was.... NOT go 3 and out. Then there was the ill advised, poorly thrown toss to Gronk that killed another possession (5th play on that possession). But, they saved their best for the end: 11 play, 48 yard 5:31 possession ending up in a punt (let me remind you: they had 1st and 10 on the Giant 44 yardline, and got 1, ONE, UNO, yard, and had to punt. HOF caliber stuff from an All World QB. A reminder is what you need. When a team goes into a game with a world beating, record setting offense, they need to play up to it, especially when playing against a 28th ranked defense, NOT have less than 23 minutes of possession time. This game was billed as the battle of the bad defenses; no other SB had both contenders with such lowly rated defenses. Guess their defense played a lot better. After all, 28 IS better than 31, even in the People's Republic.   So, be careful when you want to play with numbers. Know ALL of them!
    Posted by AZPAT[/QUOTE]

What part of an 8 possession game, is going to lower all those numbers, don't you understand?  When you play 2/3rds of the possessions, you can also expect
     2/3rds of the scoring, yardage, and points because they have 4 less opportunities to add to all those things.  Good Grief!  NOT ROCKET SCIENCE.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady record against some of our favorite teams. : Are you familiar with the concept that the game was low scoring because the inability of our D to get off the field limited the number of possessions for the offense?
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

Let's see..... a safety, two three and outs, a badly underthrown pas to a well know/advertised INJURED TE that ends up an INT, and an inability to expand a 17-9 lead (did you catch that brilliant 11 play, 48 yd, 5:30 "effort" in the 4th Qtr that resulted in a punt against the 28th ranked D in the league?) Pal, that was STATEMENT time, and the offense choked on words. 

Again, please let me know what boat I missed when it came to the 2011 defense's Leaking Boat Award offering. Never was a 3 and out defense. Why can't you admitt that the offense let teh D down by NOT SCORING UP TO THER AVERAGE? It's not so hard to do; just say it.

Sorry, but giving us FG's is not a bad thing. You applauded it when the Pats did it in the regular season, when Brady was throwing TD passes all over the place. Now it's not so good.

Hollyweird can't make this stuff up!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady record against some of our favorite teams. : do you know why they were up? because the defense was holding the giants from scoring while the pats offense was doing nothing but sticking their thumbs up their azzes all game long.....14 and 17 points isnt going to win you many games in the NFL, no matter how good your defense is....espescially when your offense is giving the other team points....so its really like 14 and 15 points in the two super bowls....wow real electric stuff there!!
    Posted by BostonPride34[/QUOTE]

No.  Because up until the last drive where the D totally couldn't stop a 90 yard drive, they were scoring more points than the gints by scoring more TD's than FG's  The number of scores were the same until that point where they gifted the jints 6.  The Pats also had to play the stout jints D and the jints only had to play the pathetic Pats D.  Whose job was harder, Eli's or Brady's? 
    Not even debatable.  Give Brady a D and they win 3 Super Bowls.  Proven.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady record against some of our favorite teams. : What part of an 8 possession game, is going to lower all those numbers, don't you understand?  When you play 2/3rds of the possessions, you can also expect  2/3rds of the scoring, yardage, and points because they have 4 less opportunities to add to all those things.  Good Grief!  NOT ROCKET SCIENCE.
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

Sorry. My bad. I never realized that playing against the 28th ranked defense in the league would make your world beating offense an underdog! Those three and outs... PURELY the fault of that defense. And the long/time consuming drive to no where with a 17-12 lead in the 4th Qtr? Damn that LB corps!

Now, I could see your point if they were playign against a REAL defense.

Sorry, but your rocket didn't launch. May I suggest you get a longer fuse and use a butane lighter and not a match the next time?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]  Is it a coincidence that this franchise has never won a Super Bowl before or after their videotaping from 2000-2007?

Is it a coincidence they have the highest win % in the NFL since?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady record against some of our favorite teams. : you see players running off the sidelines before plays all the time....
    Posted by BostonPride34[/QUOTE]

Right. It's called a substitution. Do they get called for 12 men all the time?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady record against some of our favorite teams. : No.  Because up until the last drive where the D totally couldn't stop a 90 yard drive, they were scoring more points than the gints by scoring more TD's than FG's  The number of scores were the same until that point where they gifted the jints 6.  The Pats also had to play the stout jints D and the jints only had to play the pathetic Pats D.  Whose job was harder, Eli's or Brady's?  Not even debatable.  Give Brady a D and they win 3 Super Bowls.  Proven.

Check your stats before labeling the Gints D as "stout". Funny how in the regular season, allowing time consuming drives that ended in FG's was a good thing, accompanied b y such drivel like: "They made the big play to stop them and hold them to a FG", ""They drove the stake right in their hearts by stopping them inside their 30." And  "They took it to 'em, holding them to a FG after (X) minutes." yet, come SB time, and with an inept offense in the 2nd half, it's a bad thing.  

The only thing "stout" during that game was the adult beverage in some folk's mugs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

[QUOTE]In 2007, Tom Brady set an NFL record by throwing 50 touchdown passes. In 2007, Eli Manning led the NFL by throwing 20 interceptions.   Who won the SB?

Any given Sunday! Luck has been on the Giants side. Hell even the food ball fates helped them get into both post seasons.  Both times they had to hope for other teams to lose to make it in. It happened on both those Sundays they were the hotter, better, luckier team... whatever you want to call it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady record against some of our favorite teams. :  Why can't you admitt that the offense let teh D down by NOT SCORING UP TO THER AVERAGE?

Hollyweird can't make this stuff up!
    Posted by AZPAT[/QUOTE]

Hard to score your average when you're only getting the ball 2/3 of the normal times.

Hmmm, Rusty loves that can't make this stuff up expression.

Tell me again. How do you disagree with Rusty? Oh yeah, you never answered the question.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady record against some of our favorite teams. : Is it a coincidence they have the highest win % in the NFL since?

Gee, I wonder what the Colts winning percentage was up to their ONLY Super Bowl win. I also wonder what Pats fans were saying to Colt Trolls on the board (Hello, Dogg!) I sort of remember something about "Super Bowl Wins" vs regular season wins, and stats and such.

How close am I?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady record against some of our favorite teams. : I sort of remember something about "Super Bowl Wins" vs regular season wins, and stats and such. How close am I?
    Posted by AZPAT[/QUOTE]

Not very. The Colts had a whole bunch of one and outs and Manning's record is 9-10 in the playoffs.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady record against some of our favorite teams. : Sorry. My bad. I never realized that playing against the 28th ranked defense in the league would make your world beating offense an underdog! Those three and outs... PURELY the fault of that defense. And the long/time consuming drive to no where with a 17-12 lead in the 4th Qtr? Damn that LB corps! Now, I could see your point if they were playign against a REAL defense. Sorry, but your rocket didn't launch. May I suggest you get a longer fuse and use a butane lighter and not a match the next time?
    Posted by AZPAT[/QUOTE]

Sorry but the jints D out played their 28th place ranking and the pats d played worse than their 31st.  That would be a difference maker.
    Again the D did get 3 and outs in the regular season and did have a high amount of turn-overs,  # 2 in the NFL.  They did NONE of that in the SB. NONE!
    Also their 27th ranked defensive Top number was magnified by adding 6 minutes to their already pathetic ranking. 
    No one in the NFL for the past umteen million years has even come close to a 37+ minute defensive ToP,  and in the dam SuperBowl to boot.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady record against some of our favorite teams. : Sorry but the jints D out played their 28th place ranking and the pats d played worse than their 31st.  That would be a difference maker. Again the D did get 3 and outs in the regular season and did have a high amount of turn-overs,  # 2 in the NFL.  They did NONE of that in the SB. NONE! Also their 27th ranked defensive Top number was magnified by adding 6 minutes to their already pathetic ranking.  No one in the NFL for the past umteen million years has even come close to a 37+ minute defensive ToP,  and in the dam SuperBowl to boot.

You're leaving one thing out. Our D had an 86 DPR for the season and let Eli throw a 103 on them.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady record against some of our favorite teams. : rusty logic?  3 scoring possessions out of 8 is above average.  3 scoring possessions out of 12 would have been pathetic but we'll never know since the D ate those other 4 possessions.

The D ate those and that's why we lost right? The 2 turnovers ( yes I consider a safety a turnover with bonus points) and the three punts including 2 3 and outs was all the fault of our D.

When you start adding all the stats up our defense did as well as the giants

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady record against some of our favorite teams. : Gee, I wonder what the Colts winning percentage was up to their ONLY Super Bowl win. I also wonder what Pats fans were saying to Colt Trolls on the board (Hello, Dogg!) I sort of remember something about "Super Bowl Wins" vs regular season wins, and stats and such. How close am I?
    Posted by AZPAT[/QUOTE]

I believe a lot of people were saying that the clots D sucked, sort of what they're saying about the Pats D.  Don't believe any body had the displeasure of going to the SB with the 31st ranked D before.. Not even the clots.
    It's a miracle they were even in the game with one of the worst D's in NFL history, never mind in Super Bowls.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady record against some of our favorite teams. : The D ate those and that's why we lost right? The 2 turnovers ( yes I consider a safety a turnover with bonus points) and the three punts including 2 3 and outs was all the fault of our D. When you start adding all the stats up our defense did as well as the giants
    Posted by glenr[/QUOTE]

Do you count punts as turnovers too Rusty?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady record against some of our favorite teams. : Sorry but the jints D out played their 28th place ranking and the pats d played worse than their 31st.  That would be a difference maker. Again the D did get 3 and outs in the regular season and did have a high amount of turn-overs,  # 2 in the NFL.  They did NONE of that in the SB. NONE! Also their 27th ranked defensive Top number was magnified by adding 6 minutes to their already pathetic ranking.  No one in the NFL for the past umteen million years has even come close to a 37+ minute defensive ToP,  and in the dam SuperBowl to boot.

More Babe-like BS.

The Giants defense had key injuries through most of the season and were 100% for the 1st time all season when they entered the playoffs. The Pats D held the Giants to BELOW their season scoring average as well as coming under their points allowed season average.

And in another babe more you're concentrating on the one stat that backs you--time of possession. At the same time you're conviniently ignoring the amount of possessions of which the Giants had 1 more than the Pats. This is the same BS as whining about regular season yards surrendered ranking while choosing to ignore the points given up ranking.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady record against some of our favorite teams. : You're leaving one thing out. Our D had an 86 DPR for the season and let Eli throw a 103 on them.

Yeah Babe abd there isn't a half dozen stats you're ignoring because they place some of the blame on Brady. So tell me again why a safety isn't a turnover and the INT was a punt.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady record against some of our favorite teams. : Do you count punts as turnovers too Rusty?

Thanks for once again resorting to whining because you can't defend your BS

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady record against some of our favorite teams. : The D ate those and that's why we lost right? The 2 turnovers ( yes I consider a safety a turnover with bonus points) and the three punts including 2 3 and outs was all the fault of our D. When you start adding all the stats up our defense did as well as the giants
    Posted by glenr[/QUOTE]

Yes, the D did eat them and a safety is not a turn-over  ( turn overs do not end with punts).  Punts and 3 & outs and picks are normal and happen all the time unless you are the jints playing the pats D.  Then they rarely or never happen.
    Is that the new norm?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady record against some of our favorite teams. : I believe a lot of people were saying that the clots D sucked, sort of what they're saying about the Pats D.  Don't believe any body had the displeasure of going to the SB with the 31st ranked D before.. Not even the clots. It's a miracle they were even in the game with one of the worst D's in NFL history, never mind in Super Bowls.

Thanks babe Jr for ignoring the little 15th in points given up stat and the little known fact that games are decided by points not yardage stats

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady record against some of our favorite teams. : Yes, the D did eat them and a safety is not a turn-over  ( turn overs do not end with punts).  Punts and 3 & outs and picks are normal and happen all the time unless you are the jints playing the pats D.  Then they rarely or never happen. Is that the new norm?

Another Babe-like response. Credit the Giants offense with Brady's mistakes and blame our defense for Manning not making any mistakes. Just ignore the little fact that the bulk of turnovers are caused by mistakes not defensive plays.

Or was the safety the result of the Giants D intimidating Brady from 10 yards away?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady record against some of our favorite teams. : Yes, the D did eat them and a safety is not a turn-over  ( turn overs do not end with punts).  Punts and 3 & outs and picks are normal and happen all the time unless you are the jints playing the pats D.  Then they rarely or never happen. Is that the new norm?

Really? So the opposition always gets 2 points when the offense has to punt? Is that in the rule book for Earth football or Mars?

Or maybe you can spin this some other bullsheet

Maybe I'm wrong. A safety is actually worse than a turnover since you've already surrendered points. Shall we review how an INT is a punt too? Go ahead and go full Babe now.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CoolPat. Show CoolPat's posts

[QUOTE]Brady started the game with a mental mistake that cost his team two points. It forced the Pats to go for a touchdown instead of a field goal in the closing seconds, and while Brady had ample time to lead his team to a win on the final drive, he did not. DEAL WITH IT

I like this response. Laughing