Brady Says BB has been on the war path since Thursday's Game.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Brady Says BB has been on the war path since Thursday's Game.

In Brady's EEI Interview he said BB Tore the team a New one on Friday's and Sunday's meetings. He also infers that BB Elected to punt on 4th and a foot from the opposing teams side of midfield because he was sick of the sloppy play and wanted to send the offense a message....Like hey, "You should have made it in 3 downs".
    It was kind of funny watching Belichick give Brady "The Look" When Brady wanted to go for it.

We won't see much of the starters Thursday night but hopefully it was motivational.

Mike Reiss has The readers digest version..Brady also gives Gronk Kudos.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Re: Brady Says BB has been on the war path since Thursday's Game.

Great to hear it.  That was pretty awesome on 4th and short, I'm glad BB sent the offense that message.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: Brady Says BB has been on the war path since Thursday's Game.:
    [QUOTE]E - Hide this thread from Russ.  He assumes Sunshine and Roses even when Belichick is not happy with the play, because Belichick coaches.  I know the above sentence really doesn't make sense.  Welcome to the mind of Russgriswold.  He knows the Patriots about as well as Carrottop knows comedy.
    Posted by underdoggggg[/QUOTE]

This is actually kind of funny.

I'll be interested to see what kind of reverse, backwards, inside-out psychology the acolytes bring to spin this very obvious message into an inidication that the Pats are "right where they want to be."

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: Brady Says BB has been on the war path since Thursday's Game.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady Says BB has been on the war path since Thursday's Game. : This is actually kind of funny. I'll be interested to see what kind of reverse, backwards, inside-out psychology the acolytes bring to spin this very obvious message into an inidication that the Pats are "right where they want to be."
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

Belichick Coached the team down last week so they would play bad Thursday.
    At that point he can start the Tear them down and build them back up process.
    Momentum building has to start in week 4 of the preaseason and no earlier.This is also part of the reason the Pats are in favor of a 2 game preseason. That way the process gets shorter and he can just start tearing them down in mini camp.
    The guy is a freakin genius.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

That didn't take long.

Thanks e.

Cool

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Belichick is the most unconventional coach in the league. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Didn't you see "Wag the Dog"? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Iionan Response to Re: Brady Says BB has been on the war path since Thursday's Game.:
    [QUOTE]That didn't take long. Thanks e.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

Just kick starting it a little.

As Funny as that may sound I have actually heard that rationale on the local Sports radio station before by numerous callers. 1 Reason I love Sirius radio.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

The team played like crap and I was quite pleased when BB told Brady no on the 4th in short.  I don't know nor care if it was a motivational ploy.  If the D plays like that during a regular season game you can chock that one up as a loss. 

Let's see what happens on pre #4 and during the first couple of games during the season.  I'd really be surprised if a performance like that will be repeated.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

They didn't play well, it wasn't the final product, but they WILL be better. 

The offense didn't play well at first, they played better. I do not expect the Pats to play like that when the regular season starts. 

On defense, there were two major problems. Sanders and Wilhite. Neither should be on the field at any point in time when the season begins.

I'll be worried about this team when they look like that in game 1 of the regular season. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cellucci. Show cellucci's posts

why can'nt patriots db's make play on balls siimilar to broncos db's as seen last night against steelers?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

it was "the perfect trap game"  even if it is in preseason... and I heard on espn on sat morning and interview with a ram receiver where the rams coach had his team fired up like it was the superbowll

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]why can'nt patriots db's make play on balls siimilar to broncos db's as seen last night against steelers?
    Posted by cellucci[/QUOTE]

I think that has a lot to do with Bill's system. Bill would rather give up a 20 yard throw than give up a 60 yard TD. Making plays on the ball require the DBs to jump the route, which usually leads to big gains. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

[QUOTE]Pretty simple. Zone doesn't work right now, NE has to have better playcalling than what O'Brien showed, and they need consistent punting. Check, check and check. 
    Posted by russgriswold[/QUOTE]

I'd be hesitant to dismiss zone coverage based on a few quarters of pre-season play.  And the whole point of pre-season is to practice plays, so you really can't criticize the playcalling.  Overall I don't think you can solve the team's problems with a 3 point checklist.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

It could be that BB wanted to see if rookie Zoltan the Space Emperor could drop a punt on the 4 yard line in a game situation, which is what actually happened. 

I think that BB has seen his first string offense play against New Orleans and Atlanta, and they don't need to prove one more time whether or not they can run forward 1 foot.  Nor does Brady need to dive into a pile of bodies one more time.  None of these were on BB's priority list. 

Also, apparently not on the priority list was making good percentage play decisions and scoring points.  A win against the St. Louis Rams in preseason is no more valuable for playoff positioning than Monopoly money.

BB may be on the warpath for specific missed blocks and such, every game has them and he needs to tighten up the ship before the real teams come to town, but in my opinion he's not being 100% honest.  I'm not sure that winning last Thursday's game was even #5 or #10 on a list of BB's priorities.  BB would just as soon see the last two games of the playoffs disappear and evaporate and preferably with few injuries.  For now he's stuck with one more lousy Thursday game plus a glass of Alka-Seltzer. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Forgive me for being politically incorrect, but the title of this thread has me seeing Belichick dancing around a fire chanting and patting his hand against his mouth. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady Says BB has been on the war path since Thursday's Game. : Unless they can use their best personnel out there in set positions at once. As I said McCourty is getting new plays for zone as a rookie which is not easy. Even though he had zone experience in college, it's still new with plays and personnel. For Thursday's game, yes, that's my checklist.
    Posted by russgriswold[/QUOTE]

I noticed a couple of plays where they actually tried to play Man coverage and it was a disaster also. Bodden played pretty lousy but I'm not surprised being that was his first action this year. We were just horrible with everything we did.
    I hope the starters play a full quarter Thursday night which will hopefully be 2 series for offense and defense.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]It could be that BB wanted to see if rookie Zoltan the Space Emperor could drop a punt on the 4 yard line in a game situation, which is what actually happened.  I think that BB has seen his first string offense play against New Orleans and Atlanta, and they don't need to prove one more time whether or not they can run forward 1 foot.  Nor does Brady need to dive into a pile of bodies one more time.  None of these were on BB's priority list.  Also, apparently not on the priority list was making good percentage play decisions and scoring points.  A win against the St. Louis Rams in preseason is no more valuable for playoff positioning than Monopoly money. BB may be on the warpath for specific missed blocks and such, every game has them and he needs to tighten up the ship before the real teams come to town, but in my opinion he's not being 100% honest.  I'm not sure that winning last Thursday's game was even #5 or #10 on a list of BB's priorities.  BB would just as soon see the last two games of the playoffs disappear and evaporate and preferably with few injuries.  For now he's stuck with one more lousy Thursday game plus a glass of Alka-Seltzer. 
    Posted by Paul_K[/QUOTE]

You're the first person I've heard say that Paul but you could have a point there. You never know what BB is thinking especially in preseason. The sending a message thing was my impression of what Brady said.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

O.K. I'm tired of this. It will be argued to no point, and now UD is the self appointed voice of reason?  Wow.  Well, I will not engage this.  I am for sure a koolaid drinking Bellichickian.  I think he has cleaned house, and is going forward with a plan.  The offense certainly has shown it.  The defense shows it also.  He spent his draft picks where he thought he needed them, and now we will see the result.  You don't know, and neither do I.  But here is what I am willing to bet.  We go 12-4.  Thats the record.  Beat the colts in the regular season.  THAT is what I am going to say. I'm not talking about the silly Ram game anymore.  We go 12-4 behind a good Offense and the Defense gets better and stronger throughout the first half of the season, and hits its stride then and into the postseason.  We AT LEAST make the AFC Championship.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

They dont jump routes and such because its more of a trust thing with the coaches and Bill.

Ty Law talked about it in a globe article 2-3 years ago about how Bill let him do his thing and basically at times play free but if he screwed up it was time for Bill to make the calls. Look at Asante they basically let him jump routes 24/7. Its really on the player and what they do well. If they are more of a coverage guy then thats what it is but if its a Asante or Darius Butler type they will let em play free.

Also its about the skill of the players. Look at Wilhite and the eagles game I think it was last year. 100 yard pick for a TD and he jumped a route but he cant cover even if his life were on the line. As McCourty, Butler progress you will see it more and you saw it with Butler last year. Look at Bodden he does it. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Maybe BB was playing puppet master but even he couldn't control all the bone headed defensive, drive sustaining, penalties that ended up leading to points.  Take away the penalties and the Patriot win big.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]Maybe BB was playing puppet master but even he couldn't control all the bone headed defensive, drive sustaining, penalties that ended up leading to points.  Take away the penalties and the Patriot win big.
    Posted by Tcal2[/QUOTE]

You know that's what P!ssed him off the most. He hates mental mistakes more than anything and we made plenty that night. The last couple of years we've commited a lot of dumb penalties like that on both sides of the ball to kill our drives and extend the other teams. Games 1 & 2 in preseason were prettty clean but not game 3.