Brady To Be More Patient W/ Rookie WRs?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Re: Brady To Be More Patient W/ Rookie WRs?

In response to csylvia79's comment:

You have to look at who we drafted vs. WR that were the top of the draft class. Would you have given up Richard Seymour to have Reggie Wayne.  I wouldn't but it is just one example... BB for the most part has always went with what the team needs most, Wr has not been at the top of the Draft needs for him for a long time because Brady has produced with almost everyone given to him. When the shift went from JAG wr to talent BB used FA to get it.  Nothing wrong with this approach but it had nothing to do with Brady not working out with new guys.  

well, I don't think that Brady was responsible for developing receivers at all early in his career. As he gained more experience with the offensive schemes - I still don't think he had to really develop any receivers or TE - altho he had to certainly work with all receivers, new or not.

He probably did not have much patient and displayed his frustrations/emotions with several times - but I can't recall who they were (whether veteran or rookie or WR/TE/RB).

I'm interpreting the article as this is the first time he's been sort of responsible for coaching/developing/guiding  the new rookies/receivers because of his experience and unusual circumstance w/ high turnover. Even Brady acknowledges that he's become more patient vs. teeing off for "rookie" mistakes.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Branch, Patton, Gabriel.... I mean wrs that Brady didn't work with that ended up making it big with a QB that would outside of NE

Ahh you just answered your own point right there. Receivers Brady worked with did well. Receivers Brady didn't work with didn't. That's kind of the whole argument right there in a nut shell. Brady, when he is forced to work with receivers because of no other choice can develop them. But, when he has other options he doesn't really develop receivers. We have no clue how Jackson, Price, Tate, Johnson could have turned out if Brady worked with them instead of the stink eye after a missed route or dropped pass.

Patseng, that is part true, but i think you are giving brady a bad rep. Lets take everything into context. Over the past few years has Brady locked in on Wes? sure, but in place of Who? Ocho? I mean the talent wasnt there. Tate moved on to Cincy and has become a nice returner, nothing else. Price was just released by J-ville and they have ONE good WR. Bethel Johnson I presume u mean was not a WR, just a fast playmaker on kick returns. What did he do after leaving here. Chad Jackson? All accounts say he was lazy and the talent was there but he didnt want to work on his craft and Brady still managed to get 3 TDs out of him. He went to Denver, S*cked and was out of football. Im sorry , this argument has NO merit with the examples you gave. I could see if ANY of these guys went on to become good with Another QB, but most experts agree, brady makes players better. Maybe he wont bother if he has a binky but I see NO quality WRs coming here in the Wes era outside of Branch and Lloyd who were given every chance, maybe too many to succeed here. Brady forced the ball to LLoyd a lot  last year but his production s*cked, he is gone, NOONE picked him up.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

Was Brady going to take a guy who is a third or fourth option who is waiting in game knows this is his chance to show what he got and blows it by the hand and say it is ok...  He yelled at Welker and Moss a number of times..  There were a few game where Moss wouldn't even stand near Brady. Brady still used them.  Sometime skill level supersedes anything else. If these guys had the skill and showed they could be there for Brady he would of used them as he has in the past.  This year he has no real 1,2,3, or 4 that he has total faith in...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

But under that same reasoning Branch, Patton, Gabriel never really did anything outside of NE but were functional here. Heck Branch was SB MVP. So, Brady was capable of developing WRs without overwhelming talent early in his career, then it looked like he wasn't interested in developing players when he had better options on the roster in the middle of his career, now he really doesn't have a choice and yet again shows he can develop receivers later in his career. Basically Brady only works with new receivers when he was forced to. Gronk and Hernandez were the only TE's worth throwing to so Brady had to work them in, Welker came in after the entire 06' WR core was dumped, All these guys are new except for Edelman, Branch came in so early in Brady's career that he had not much say in working him in.

[/QUOTE]

Branch, Patton, Gabriel.... I mean wrs that Brady didn't work with that ended up making it big with a QB that would outside of NE

Again in the middle of his carrier who didn't he develop outside of Underwood?... Brady made Edelman serviceable... name the rookies he didn't use?  I thought it was the coach who went out and got Randy and Welker and the other vets who made the team and were able to work with Brady.  I mean Gronk and Hern had to learn to blocking, halfback set, and Wr sets... they made it just fine in the system. 

I don't see it as Brady not working with young WR so much as what WRs did NE bring in that Brady didn't work with... Chad Jackson? Underwood?  Your telling me that I can't find a few of Manning wrs that were droped from the team after a few years and didn't work out?  The thing is the team has gone with experance instead of draft, but  Brady has used every wr given to him.  I could see if there was this long list of failed projects but there isn't.  This is the first year were BB really brought in guys who I though could make the team before the season started in a long while.

I'm just wonder where this perception of Brady not developing young Wr is coming from when the team hasn't drafted guy that should have been this great talent that just fell off the chart.  Most of it is that talent is at the top of the draft and the Pats have been too good to get most of the real talent.  So BB did the next best thing and got FA that he knew could produce.

[/QUOTE]
    There was Johns, Jackson, Tate, and Price - all 2nd and 3rd rounders.  It appears that Brady has done well with tight ends, but not as well with receivers.  Could be the players the team drafted, as well - or a combination of both. 

Can't really find early rounders that Manning didn't have success with - If there was one, that would be Gonzalez, but all indications were that Gonzalez was going to be a gamer, but continuous injuries killed his career. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

[QUOTE]

Ahh you just answered your own point right there. Receivers Brady worked with did well. Receivers Brady didn't work with didn't. That's kind of the whole argument right there in a nut shell. Brady, when he is forced to work with receivers because of no other choice can develop them. But, when he has other options he doesn't really develop receivers. We have no clue how Jackson, Price, Tate, Johnson could have turned out if Brady worked with them instead of the stink eye after a missed route or dropped pass.

Patseng, that is part true, but i think you are giving brady a bad rep. Lets take everything into context. Over the past few years has Brady locked in on Wes? sure, but in place of Who? Ocho? I mean the talent wasnt there. Tate moved on to Cincy and has become a nice returner, nothing else. Price was just released by J-ville and they have ONE good WR. Bethel Johnson I presume u mean was not a WR, just a fast playmaker on kick returns. What did he do after leaving here. Chad Jackson? All accounts say he was lazy and the talent was there but he didnt want to work on his craft and Brady still managed to get 3 TDs out of him. He went to Denver, S*cked and was out of football. Im sorry , this argument has NO merit with the examples you gave. I could see if ANY of these guys went on to become good with Another QB, but most experts agree, brady makes players better. Maybe he wont bother if he has a binky but I see NO quality WRs coming here in the Wes era outside of Branch and Lloyd who were given every chance, maybe too many to succeed here. Brady forced the ball to LLoyd a lot  last year but his production s*cked, he is gone, NOONE picked him up.

[/QUOTE]

The thing about all of that is with every receiver you mention there were a small number of plays that the WR dropped the ball or didn't run the route right and Brady just stopped going to them. He didn't do that in his early career and certainly can't afford to do it now. But, for a while there were about 3-5 receivers he trusted and if you weren't part of that group and you messed up he just stopped throwing to you. Yes they weren't good but nether was Branch or Patton after their Pats career was over. Sometimes you have to work with what you have and Brady just stopped working with them. He basically admitted he has no patience when it comes to breaking in new receivers.

“I’m not the most patient guy to begin with, so that’s something that I’m working on,” 

‘OK, this is possibly going to happen, if it happens then I want you to make this adjustment.’ Well it happens and then the adjustment’s not made and I say ‘Well I told you …’ But sometimes that’s what I do with my 3-year-old [Benjamin], too, and he doesn’t listen either.”

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

[QUOTE]

But under that same reasoning Branch, Patton, Gabriel never really did anything outside of NE but were functional here. Heck Branch was SB MVP. So, Brady was capable of developing WRs without overwhelming talent early in his career, then it looked like he wasn't interested in developing players when he had better options on the roster in the middle of his career, now he really doesn't have a choice and yet again shows he can develop receivers later in his career. Basically Brady only works with new receivers when he was forced to. Gronk and Hernandez were the only TE's worth throwing to so Brady had to work them in, Welker came in after the entire 06' WR core was dumped, All these guys are new except for Edelman, Branch came in so early in Brady's career that he had not much say in working him in.

[/QUOTE]

Again in the middle of his carrier who didn't he develop outside of Underwood?... Brady made Edelman serviceable... name the rookies he didn't use?  I thought it was the coach who went out and got Randy and Welker and the other vets who made the team and were able to work with Brady.  I mean Gronk and Hern had to learn to blocking, halfback set, and Wr sets... they made it just fine in the system. 

I don't see it as Brady not working with young WR so much as what WRs did NE bring in that Brady didn't work with... Chad Jackson? Underwood?  Your telling me that I can't find a few of Manning wrs that were droped from the team after a few years and didn't work out?  The thing is the team has gone with experance instead of draft, but  Brady has used every wr given to him.  I could see if there was this long list of failed projects but there isn't.  This is the first year were BB really brought in guys who I though could make the team before the season started in a long while.

I'm just wonder where this perception of Brady not developing young Wr is coming from when the team hasn't drafted guy that should have been this great talent that just fell off the chart.  Most of it is that talent is at the top of the draft and the Pats have been too good to get most of the real talent.  So BB did the next best thing and got FA that he knew could produce.

[/QUOTE]
    There was Johns, Jackson, Tate, and Price - all 2nd and 3rd rounders.  It appears that Brady has done well with tight ends, but not as well with receivers.  Could be the players the team drafted, as well - or a combination of both. 

Can't really find early rounders that Manning didn't have success with - If there was one, that would be Gonzalez, but all indications were that Gonzalez was going to be a gamer, but continuous injuries killed his career. 

[/QUOTE]

That is fair but BB went out and got FA wrs who some how were able to work with Brady..

but like most QB very few have a third all star wide out.... fourth option is a guy who is often on the team a year or two. With Welker, Hern, Gronk, Branch, Loyd... who was he going to develop ... Kamar Aiken? Mathew Slater? If they had the skill to beat out Loyd or Branch they would have seen the field last year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

You can do this with every team pick them apart... 2010 colts starting  wr were (listed below) ... Amazing what PM did with his third and option.  

Now why does Pm get a pass for not making a  name out of Taj Smith or Blair White?  Are your really going to tell me if Brady had Pierre Garcon or Reggie Wayne drafted for this team they would not have become good wrs?  Colts built thier roster through drafting Pats didn't they got thier 1 and 2 from FA.

[/QUOTE]
    I think Reggie Wayne makes any team better, but he was drafted 30th.  Jackson was 36th - and drafted in a perfect year to make a difference for the team (2006). 

Garcon was a 6th rounder - I think Manning had something to do with his success. 

Why use Taj Smith - he wasn't drafted.  On the other hand, Manning did make a name for Blair White - the guy was an undrafted kick returner who was shoved in at receiver when others were out or limited with injuries (Gonzalez, Collie, Garcon, Clark).  White caught 36 balls and scored 5 touchdowns.  Not bad. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The thing about all of that is with every receiver you mention there were a small number of plays that the WR dropped the ball or didn't run the route right and Brady just stopped going to them. He didn't do that in his early career and certainly can't afford to do it now. But, for a while there were about 3-5 receivers he trusted and if you weren't part of that group and you messed up he just stopped throwing to you. Yes they weren't good but nether was Branch or Patton after their Pats career was over. Sometimes you have to work with what you have and Brady just stopped working with them. He basically admitted he has no patience when it comes to breaking in new receivers.

“I’m not the most patient guy to begin with, so that’s something that I’m working on,” 

‘OK, this is possibly going to happen, if it happens then I want you to make this adjustment.’ Well it happens and then the adjustment’s not made and I say ‘Well I told you …’ But sometimes that’s what I do with my 3-year-old [Benjamin], too, and he doesn’t listen either.”

[/QUOTE]

Loyd had some bad drops Brady went back to him.... Some time a 3 or 4 option only get  1 to 3 targets a game... how do you know that if the guy wasn't wide open Brady wouldn't have thrown to them.  This is conjecture... most passes you are going to go to your first and second read... then  your dump off.

Now he might not be the best at teaching but like he said in the past he left it to the coaches... This is new for him having a totally new Wr core.  Usually only rookie or traded QBs have to deal with this much turn over at a position. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

[QUOTE]

You can do this with every team pick them apart... 2010 colts starting  wr were (listed below) ... Amazing what PM did with his third and option.  

Now why does Pm get a pass for not making a  name out of Taj Smith or Blair White?  Are your really going to tell me if Brady had Pierre Garcon or Reggie Wayne drafted for this team they would not have become good wrs?  Colts built thier roster through drafting Pats didn't they got thier 1 and 2 from FA.

[/QUOTE]
    I think Reggie Wayne makes any team better, but he was drafted 30th.  Jackson was 36th - and drafted in a perfect year to make a difference for the team (2006). 

Garcon was a 6th rounder - I think Manning had something to do with his success. 

Why use Taj Smith - he wasn't drafted.  On the other hand, Manning did make a name for Blair White - the guy was an undrafted kick returner who was shoved in at receiver when others were out or limited with injuries (Gonzalez, Collie, Garcon, Clark).  White caught 36 balls and scored 5 touchdowns.  Not bad. 

[/QUOTE]

Garcon has skill though and still is doing it without Manning... I think PM is a great QB.  I was just pointing out on any lineup the 3 and 4th spot are ussally castoff or guys that fill in if they can't break into that 1 to 2 spot.  Neither of the two had any long term nfl impact and were never developed... they were what they were nothing wrong with that.

BB saw he had guys that were subpar for whatever reason and went the FA route... Bady made it work with them..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That is fair but BB went out and got FA wrs who some how were able to work with Brady..

but like most QB very few have a third all star wide out.... fourth option is a guy who is often on the team a year or two. With Welker, Hern, Gronk, Branch, Loyd... who was he going to develop ... Kamar Aiken? Mathew Slater? If they had the skill to beat out Loyd or Branch they would have seen the field last year.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with all of your points.  If vet FA's with work ethics are brought in and effective, then with as good a QB as Brady is, why waste time developing young receivers.  Further, I don't knock any receivers taken after the 3rd or 4th not developing.  If they were expected to be great ahead of the draft, they never would have fallen so far. 

So, no I don't think Brady's done a great job developing receivers, but much of that may have to do with the talent already aboard.  No need existed.  The one caveat would be Jackson who could have just been a bad pick. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Garcon has skill though and still is doing it without Manning... I think PM is a great QB.  I was just pointing out on any lineup the 3 and 4th spot are ussally castoff or guys that fill in if they can't break into that 1 to 2 spot.  Neither of the two had any long term nfl impact and were never developed... they were what they were nothing wrong with that.

BB saw he had guys that were subpar for whatever reason and went the FA route... Bady made it work with them..

[/QUOTE]

Agreed with Garcon, but had he been selected in the 6th round by the Raiders, would he have found his path to success?  The guy lasted to the 6th because he was a Haitian native who went to Mount Union (DIII). 

As for Smith and White - They were on the team for reasons other than receiver.  Smith never caught a ball.  White might have caught on if Manning wasn't out in 2011, but we'll never know.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

[/QUOTE]

I agree with all of your points.  If vet FA's with work ethics are brought in and effective, then with as good a QB as Brady is, why waste time developing young receivers.  Further, I don't knock any receivers taken after the 3rd or 4th not developing.  If they were expected to be great ahead of the draft, they never would have fallen so far. 

So, no I don't think Brady's done a great job developing receivers, but much of that may have to do with the talent already aboard.  No need existed.  The one caveat would be Jackson who could have just been a bad pick. 

[/QUOTE]

Yah too bad Jackson didn't work... I would say hind sight being what it is... it was a bad pick.  i still remember Brady tring to hook up with him when he was in games. If the coaches and Brady gave up on him oh well.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

Agreed with Garcon, but had he been selected in the 6th round by the Raiders, would he have found his path to success?  The guy lasted to the 6th because he was a Haitian native who went to Mount Union (DIII). 

As for Smith and White - They were on the team for reasons other than receiver.  Smith never caught a ball.  White might have caught on if Manning wasn't out in 2011, but we'll never know.

[/QUOTE]

I'm sure other teams worked him out once Indy droped him, unless injury ended that chance... It is what it is... Brady used many Wr in 2006.   Yes smith was our slader when listing wr.

I just can't totally fault Brady when the GM brought in guys who beat out rookie wrs... and twist it to say well it is becuase Brady can't develop rookies.  If a vet can put in the time to learn so can a rookie... then  is it the rookis we bring in don't have the skill sets needed for our type of ofense? 

I really think in any year Brady would develop any 1 and 2 he had to work with...

Oh and how many team would Eledman have been a wr on... sometime certain guys work out... A good Qb with make it work when there is talent and work ethic.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

After the game vs. the Jets, I guess not.......lol!! Laughing

I get his intensity, but, IMO - he's acting like Poutin' Peyton used to.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

Image: Bad body language

yep he' s real patient!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Do you blame him at this point? How frustrating must it be to hit WRs in the hands only to see drop after drop after drop? Now he has no choice but to continue to throw to them. Last night have tossed 3 passes in a row that bounced off Dobsons hands and even I thought about driving down to Foxboro, sneaking onto the field, and b- slapping the dropsies out of Dobson.

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

yep he' s real patient!!!

still re-living the glory days? I don't blame ya, but the picture u posted is kinda outdated. It's 2013

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Do you blame him at this point? How frustrating must it be to hit WRs in the hands only to see drop after drop after drop? Now he has no choice but to continue to throw to them. Last night have tossed 3 passes in a row that bounced off Dobsons hands and even I thought about driving down to Foxboro, sneaking onto the field, and b- slapping the dropsies out of Dobson.

Do I blame him?  Yes, sort of. He's one of the most important leaders on the team - but has forgotten his roots. He's playing w/ a lot of rookies - either he understands that or doesn't.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/9667951/tom-brady-frustrated-new-england-patriots-sloppy-play-win-vs-new-york-jets

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

Its all about being Zen Brady. Send the football to its home.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

He should Yell at BB instead, blast him.  Boy, I'm sure Bradys glad he 're-structured' his deal to bring in MORE offensive weapons for Brady...or atleast re-sing Brady's Binki...(aka welker).  Can use Mr Wes right now! 

Everything that BB has touched the past few seasons has blown up in his face....BB should be held responsible for their current (pathetic) roster.  Esp in Brady's final few years....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

[QUOTE]

Do I blame him?  Yes, sort of. He's one of the most important leaders on the team - but has forgotten his roots. He's playing w/ a lot of rookies - either he understands that or doesn't.

[/QUOTE]

If it was just timing or route running issues I'd agree. They are rooks and they need time to adjust. But, when the ball hits your hands? You are a WR your one job is to catch a ball if it's catchable to begin with and they couldn't even do that last night

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to BostonBruinss' comment:

Its all about being Zen Brady. Send the football to its home.

LOL....love it. He needs to reach deep into his chi to find his center, only then will the football find its home.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

If it was just timing or route running issues I'd agree. They are rooks and they need time to adjust. But, when the ball hits your hands? You are a WR your one job is to catch a ball if it's catchable to begin with and they couldn't even do that last night

sure, there were some in the bread basket - no doubt, but there were some inaccurate passes to0 (some were Brady's fault, some because the OL didn't buy him enough time and Brady was rushing).

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

[QUOTE]

sure, there were some in the bread basket - no doubt, but there were some inaccurate passes to0 (some were Brady's fault, some because the OL didn't buy him enough time and Brady was rushing).

[/QUOTE]

And some where the WR and Brady were completely out of synch on timing routes - I'd put that more on the rookie WRs.  Even Edelman ran a route or two wrong.  QB and WR relationships don't happen over night, talent and desire aside.  It takes reps and experience.