"Brady Was Moping" - Andy Gresh

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Re:

Brady doesn't need to work with his receivers?  Now I've seen everything.  It's a good thing he did put in extra work in the offseason to work with the new guys.  This offense might be dead last in effiency at this point.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re:

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

In response to agcsbill's comment:

So, Rusty..  TB is not allowed to have a bad game EVER???!!!!!

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

No, I said he can. He's had 2 this year so far. He gets a pass for the monsoon and new WR factor in Week 2.

But, why can''t the scary BBWs with dolls in their closets SAY HE DID?
    TCal hasn't. He started a thread that blamed Kyle Arrington as Kyle works through his hammy injury from Week 3.

THose don't bounce back overnight. Takes a few weeks.

Rusty, I have to take what you say with a grain of salt.  Yes, I agree, Brady will have bad days and they happen.  If Brady had a day like yesterday on a bright and sunny day is one thing.  Yesterday just seemed to have a lot of things not go his way and he did not have his best day, either.  But, given your propensity to pound on Brady at just about every turn, what you term a bad pass others may see as a pass in which the receiver did not run the correct route.  Like your comments about missing progressions.  How do you know?  Maybe Brady was looking for his receivers to be where the routes are supposed to take them and they failed to run them!  Either way, let's chalk this up to a bad day at the office and move on.  All this teeth knashing will not change the result and I am certain BB is letting the team have it this week!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re:

In response to DoNotSleepOnThePats' comment:

Brady doesn't need to work with his receivers?  Now I've seen everything.  It's a good thing he did put in extra work in the offseason to work with the new guys.  This offense might be dead last in effiency at this point.

They are dead last in goal-to-go situations.

Imagine that.  One of the greatest QBs of all time can't get into the end zone.  Must be the ego and the shotgun's fault.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re:

Actually, he does pick WRs or at least has in the past. Branch is one example.The return of Gaffney and Stallworth last year in camp were also examples of BB wanting Brady comfortable.

He also texts binkies like Branch and Lloyd.

Gronk was supposed to be back by now, but somehow Rosenhaus is telling BB what to do. I am sure the team isn't too thrilled with that situaton, especially knowing if Gronk is running routes out there yesterday, means a win.

Brady's poor QB skills started to erode in 2009 when he tried to chase 2007, but 2007 spoiled him, so he didn't know it was happening.

Then, BB dealt Moss in 2010 to try to save Brady after a poor first 4 games, with the D and STs winning the game down in Miami.

2011 was Brady'w worst season in years in terms of game management, reading progressions and accuracy. His QB coach, Tom Martinez passed away, which also probably didn't help.

Then, SB 46 hit and we know what happened in that 4th qtr.

This isn't anything new. It's been a battle for years trying to break Brady from his weakend QB skills.

For the sole sake of discussion, let's accept all of this as true.

Why would the solution be to give Brady Mr. Injury and rookies as his only receivers?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re:

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

[QUOTE]

Imagine that.  One of the greatest QBs of all time can't get into the end zone.  Must be the ego and the shotgun's fault.

[/QUOTE]

Let me add, unless Brady is calling the shots (the plays) all the time, he is simply trying to run the play that is called.  He is also only ONE player on that offense.  On that first and goal with less than a foot to go, how many times in the past have we seen the Pats O-Line blow out a hole for the RB to score?  Plenty.  Did anyone think McD and BB had the confidence they could do it then?  There is expectation that execution will occur on any play that is called and that appears to be sorely lacking with this offense now, or rather, it is very inconsistent!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re:

To fix him and to get him to not play favorites to form a Binky Club. It's not a coincidence BB walked from Welkie and committed to younger, new WRs.

That's my opinion.

BB dealt Moss DURING the season in 2010. Why? Fix Brady. We then became a balanced offense and went 14-2.  The first 4 games of 2010 Brady was not very good, minus the opener vs Cincy at home when Cincy sucked.

Also, last time: Gronk was not supposed to be out this long.  

Yes, in order to "fix" a quarterback (who is not having issues) the solution is to surround him with guys who aren't good enough to play in the NFL.

That makes sense.

My truck is running poorly.  I'm going to put flat tires on it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re:

Gresh is a post-shock-jock lobotomite. If he is supporting your argument it's not a good sign - for you.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Re:

[QUOTE]

In response to Salcon's comment:

[QUOTE]

Brady is the leader of the offense.  If the offense plays poorly, he has to get some of the blame.  He's also THE team leader especially with Vince gone for the rest of the year so his attitude and leadership are needed more than ever with all these young guys on the team.

Brady doesn't pick his receivers, so blaming him for bums not running correct routes or dropping balls is bogus.

Belichick had plenty of time to find a suitable tight end to fill in for Gronkowski.  He goes with some unknown guy that wasn't even good enough to be drafted.  After wasting all of the preseason prep time and the first four games of the year, Sudfeld is released.  (This is very surprising because Rusty said that Sudfeld had "emerged".)

From the second they tried to stiff Welker, Belichick had all summer to find quality replacements at wide receiver.  He also knew that he wasn't bringing back LLoyd.  He fails to find decent replacements, instead going with a guy who is very injury prone, a couple of his own drafted wide receivers (history shows this is a terrible resource) and another guy who wasn't good enough to be drafted.

Somehow, people think Brady's numbers are down because Brady is having issues.

I am sure that this coming off season, Belichick is going to get some real NFL receivers in the game and Brady's numbers will return to where they should be.

[/QUOTE]

Actually, he does pick WRs or at least has in the past. Branch is one example.The return of Gaffney and Stallworth last year in camp were also examples of BB wanting Brady comfortable.

He also texts binkies like Branch and Lloyd.

Gronk was supposed to be back by now, but somehow Rosenhaus is telling BB what to do. I am sure the team isn't too thrilled with that situaton, especially knowing if Gronk is running routes out there yesterday, means a win.

Brady's poor QB skills started to erode in 2009 when he tried to chase 2007, but 2007 spoiled him, so he didn't know it was happening.

Then, BB dealt Moss in 2010 to try to save Brady after a poor first 4 games, with the D and STs winning the game down in Miami.

2011 was Brady'w worst season in years in terms of game management, reading progressions and accuracy. His QB coach, Tom Martinez passed away, which also probably didn't help.

Then, SB 46 hit and we know what happened in that 4th qtr.

This isn't anything new. It's been a battle for years trying to break Brady from his weakend QB skills.

[/QUOTE]

Hmm, brady drafted branch? Oh, you mean he asked bb to bring branch back after the genius let him walk and then gave him reche Caldwell in retun. You know, the same caldwell that dropped the pass in the afccg after the momentous defensive collapse?

Maybe bb felt bad for taking away bradys favorite toys. Other than welker, Brady hasn't had any consistency at the WR position ever. Now being in the twilight of his career, bb once again depleted his weapons and exchanged them with rookies and oft injured replacements. 

If Brady is picking wr's, dictating the play calling and offense...what exactly is bb doing? 

oh, I just accidentally turned the dial to something and listened to the first 5 minutes...ha, ha. This comment is so indicative of your me first, no accountability generation. You and your pet parrot are tools. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Re:

In response to agcsbill's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Let me add, unless Brady is calling the shots (the plays) all the time, he is simply trying to run the play that is called.  He is also only ONE player on that offense.  On that first and goal with less than a foot to go, how many times in the past have we seen the Pats O-Line blow out a hole for the RB to score?  Plenty.  Did anyone think McD and BB had the confidence they could do it then?  There is expectation that execution will occur on any play that is called and that appears to be sorely lacking with this offense now, or rather, it is very inconsistent!

[/QUOTE]

Brady does not call plays unless in the hurry up.  He audibles and has the ability to choose between multiple calls plays called into his headset.

People need to get off the idea Brady just gets one play and runs it automatically.

Again, we should have RUN the ball or did a QB sneak for the TD there, not getting cute and acting like it's a Japanese game show with these high degree of difficulty plays.

[/QUOTE]

And some need to put responsibility on bb and his coordinators for scheming and play calling. That's their job Russ in case you missed it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re:

Let's chalk it up to a bad day at the office and move onto the next game.  All this string has turned into is fingerpointing as to who on the Pats are to blame for this loss.  Let's agree it is on ALL of them!

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Re:

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

[QUOTE]

First off, I didn't say he was to blame for everything.

I don't think he's the qb he once was not by a long shot.  He's 38 and his skills are not what they once were.  Is that so hard for you to see or are you wearing the TB Rose-colored glasses? 

[/QUOTE]

I'm sure that game aged him, but TB just turned 36.

[/QUOTE]

Oops! My bad.  

I stand corrected on that.

Thanks

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re:

Anybody would mope after so many years of mistakes by the GM. Many of us fans have been moping for at least 4 years. The ineptitude of these decisions is historic. I'm surprised Brady hasn't moped long before this. If he was Fetus Head, he would have been long gone in the face of this mediocrity from BB the GM.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderdrums. Show wonderdrums's posts

Re:

It's truly amazing.

A month ago I posted that I had heard something on the Sports Hub and you mocked me in numerous threads about how dorky it was to listen to out of town sports radio.

Now you spend half of your day doing the same and posting about it.

Of course, you'll say that you were only mocking the idea of listening to T&R, but we both know that's not true.  You'll try to say that you were mocking the idea of listening in the car, but we both know that's not true either.

Your posts were directed at the idea of being out of town and listening to Boston sports radio.  And now you're doing the same.

You should man up and apologize for being such a deeeebag about it that day.

What's truly amazing is that the very first respone to this thread turns it into a verbal p!ss!ng match with no response or opinion to Brady sulking. Seriously, "A month a ago I posted I heard something......" Let it go N.A.S.

Please everybody, stop policing, and judging, and bringing up previous feuds. Stick to baseball. You're excellent at baseball talk. I'm unable to reside in Boston anymore because of my job so I depend on you guys for the local sports pulse. More posting, less bickering! Agree to disagree! Go Sox! Peace. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re:

BRADY SUCKS

People calling in left and right questioning his leadership this season and accuracy.

And Belichick has already stated that Brady is an incredible leader, so what does that tell you?  Either the people calling in are clueless or Belichick is a liar.

Which is it, Rusty?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderdrums. Show wonderdrums's posts

Re:

BRADY SUCKS

People calling in left and right questioning his leadership this season and accuracy.

Do the people calling in have a better suggestion for who should be starting QB, or are they just venting maybe? If the Pats won yesterday, it probably wouldn't be much of an issue. I agree his body language these days is negative, a la Cam Newton, but I still can't think of a better QB for this team. It would be one thing if he was acting like this, but didn't put the work in to be successful. We all know that's it well documented that work has never been an issue with Brady. Who knows. Maybe he's trying to pout his way out of NE. It worked for Randy:)

Go Pats!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re:

I always thought that a Hall of Fame QB and GOAT was supposed to make the players around him better?

He is making them better; and they still suck.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re:

In response to wonderdrums' comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

BRADY SUCKS

Do the people calling in have a better suggestion for who should be starting QB, or are they just venting maybe? If the Pats won yesterday, it probably wouldn't be much of an issue. I agree his body language these days is negative, a la Cam Newton, but I still can't think of a better QB for this team. It would be one thing if he was acting like this, but didn't put the work in to be successful. We all know that's it well documented that work has never been an issue with Brady. Who knows. Maybe he's trying to pout his way out of NE. It worked for Randy:)

Go Pats!

[/QUOTE]

Venting, mostly. I am just pointing out I am in no way alone on this.

There's a little annoying BBW Guild that runs around here trying to protect Brady and not hold him accountable in anyway, doing anything to deflect and it should not be tolerated by real Pats fans.

[/QUOTE]

Oh just zip that ignorant yap. Nobody here has ever said Brady is blameless in all cases. That's just you lying like you always do.

What's ridiculous is that you never admit BB has made many bad calls as a GM. You are a massive fool, and don't know this game to save your life.

Far FAR FAR more people are coming to the conclusion that BB just isn't anything special as a GM rather than that he can't control Brady and the shotgun spread dum bass.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re:

^ Making things up again.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I always thought that a Hall of Fame QB and GOAT was supposed to make the players around him better?

I don't think Brady is sending the right signals to the team with his whining and moping.

He needs to suck it up, work with the receivers he has and make them better.

Is it just me or does it seem like Brady has a hard time finding the open receiver?  He just doesn't seem as poised as he once was.  He can't scramble, so if there is pressure or the pocket starts to collapse he gets panicked and makes some bad decisions.  

He's definitely not Tom Terrific anymore.

Does it look like his arm gets weaker as the game goes on?  It does to me. That last pass (INT) looked like he limp-wristed it.  Rain or no rain.

Was he something like 1 for 12 with a sack and int. on his last 13 attempts?  Definitely not good.  

He needs to step his game up.

I don't want to hear how he "deserves" better players around him.  

"Deserves" got nothin' to do with it.

Make the players you got better by you playing better and keeping your pie hole shut.

It's not about deserving better receivers.  It's about need.  The guys he is throwing to now are horse&hit.  If they can't get open and they can't catch well, there is nothing a quarterback can do. 

Brady doesn't panic.  Ever.

He doesn't need to work with his receivers.  There is a coach for that.  He needs them to be where they're supposed to be, he needs them to get separation, and he needs them to catch.

I'm not aware of any HOF quarterbacks that have been successful with three rookies, a special teams guy and a supposed #1 WR who cannot stay healthy.  If there has been one, please let me know.

[/QUOTE]

The fact you think Amendola, Edelman, Dobson, Thompkins, etc, are garbage tells the board all we need to know about your ability to analyze obvious talent, progression of these guys and skill set.

[/QUOTE]

You have a LONG history of overrating any stray cat BB brings into the fold Megatool. Don't start criticizing your betters because they demand somebody actually perform before they call them good.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re:

Also, last time: Gronk was not supposed to be out this long.  

Shyte happens Megatool. Good GMs make provisions.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re:

He is a moron. He proves over and over again how little he knows about football which is why he's never posted here before.

You should see him on the Bruins board. Jagr had great speed and quickness and didn't use an obscenely long stick which led to relentless turnovers and transition advantages the other way. lol

Also, Jacobs is a great owner, better than Kraft.

Had as in 1990 ? Never did NAS say Jagr was in the lineup because of great speed and quikness. The long stick theory is just wrong and that was by you.

And never did NAS say Jacobs was a better owner than Kraft.

Come on .... son't make things up. 

ok now back to football.  Not this conversation , it's too stale.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Re:

In response to rkarp's comment:

If Brady is playing so poorly, and the team lost because of him, why isnt BB putting Mallett in? Is Mallett worse, or is BB feeling this team has the best chance to win with TB as the QB?

If the team did not run the ball at the half yard line, where was BB to insure that a running play was called?

You cannot have it both ways...if TB is the root of this team playing poorly, where is the coach and GM to make adjustments...exactly the same as they did with Bledsoe?

You obviously have an obsession with TB...why dont' you address these posts as "why isn't the coach making changes?"

WHy do you keep asking me this along with trolls? Brady is trying to develop a rapport and a progression with these new young WRs, and you want BB to knee jerk a benching through the process in Sept and early Oct?

And you wouldn't come on here and demand he be fired?

Why not just admit Brady sucked, as did most of the offense, but Brady sucked? Can you even say those words? Can you, BBW?

Why is that you can't admit he's been a VERY poor leader this season so far.  He's shown dramatic frustrations to the point of public apologies, threw Wendell under the bus TWICE in 4 weeks and is now moping in a 3-0 or 3-3 game in the first half.

I want to know why he's doing these things. Actually, I know why.

It doesn't mean I can't be disappointed in him as a fan.  SOme of you are the most irrational, dishonest and blind fans in sports. Brady is so above reproach in your eyes, he can never have a bad game, can never be wrong, never make poor decisions or throws, etc.

Brady sucked yesterday. The entire offense sucked yesterday. Was the suckiness due to poor OL play? Yes. Was the suckiness including 13 dropped passes yesterday? Yes.

I have been impressed with Brady's play this year with his need to have comfort with his WR's, yet he is still putting up W's...

But you did not adress my question...if he is playing so porrly, why isnt the coach or GM benching him? Because I would post they should fire BB if they bench TB? THat is why the coach does not bench him?

Maybe the coach agrees with the QB? Maybe the coach told the QB to get these guys fired up and yell at them?

I in no way whay so ever interpreted any Brady comment as throwing anyone under the bus...

Repeat, yesterday, Brady sucked. Now answer the question I asked

Brady played well in the TB and Atlanta games, that is it.

The O Line was fine after the first 2 drives when they made their adjustments, like they always do.

YOu don't bench a HOF QB in Week 5 after he played good in Week 4, moron. I already answered your question. Brady took a big step back yesterday, mostly with poor leadership. It's all over the airwaves, texts, emails, etc.  Yep. The Pats fanbase does not just post here.

We need to see more bad play like what Schaub is doing to the Texans right now before we get to that point.

but you have posted every day, every week, for the entire year, that the reason this team is sputtering will be because of Brady. You even posted last year that Smith was better and you would trade them straight up. (I know, you will deny that)

bottom line, does this team have the best chance to win with TB on the field, and if the answer is yes, will you shut up? and if the answer is no, will BB do anything about it?

False. I posted in 2011 that SMith was a better game manager when Brady was on pace fo for his HIGHEST INT RATE of his ENTIRE CAREER.  It's a fact.  That's why I posted when I did. It was a fact. Then, Brady snapped out of it after 3 dropped iNTs in the first half in NY vs the Jets.

So, you're wrong. It was not last year and that's not what I said.

It was definitely last year you F'n troll.  The week before he got benched and you sobbed for months afterwards,  claiming they will regret that decision.  Wrong! Liar! Psychotic, troll!  How's Newton doing?  He do anything for you? 

Now go spank it.

Answer my question from yesterday, troll.  If BB drafts so well, why is the team over run with UN DRAFTED FA's and other teams picks? Is it because of all the DEAD MONEY because of all those AWFUL picks and that's all they can afford, to replace all those awful picks with?

Looks like a drafting problem to me and  to anyone who doesn't jingle BB's bells.

Answer both questions or go away,  Hater!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Re:

BRADY SUCKS

BB SUCKS.  He can't control his rogue and failing QB.

His fix is to give him receivers that can't catch 40% of their passes and lead the league in DROPS.  Yup. LEAD THE LEAGUE IN DROPS!

Brilliant.

Need a new GM stat.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re:

I was complaining about Jagr's cement skates and he was defending Jagr. I said I hoped getting second prize worked, but I had serious doubts. NAS picked up the fanboy torch and carried it high as Jagr did not help our PP or do anything.

I said he was too old and slow for his goofy long stick/reach curl tactics on the boards to work anymore. Yes. The guy would constantly get muscled off the puck and be a human turnover maching in transition. Yes. He's done that same stupid move for 20 years, but he's too old and slow for it to work anymore. THe puck would be too far away for him to stickhandle quickly enough and whammo...TURNOVER.  The guy couldn't even do a proper line change for chrissakes.  

And yes, he's been in here calling Kraft cheap, BB a cheater, etc, which means he has no isses with the bizarro world cheap owner for 30 years, Jeremy Jacobs.

He also trolled here for months on end claiming Kraft and BB had to know about Hernandez being a thug in his free time. You weren't even here, so forget it.

Don't YOU try to lie. You damn well know why Handy and I butted heads over there.

Every single move in that organization still goes through Jacobs. Oh yes it does.   You better believe it.  Peanuts Jeremy.

Agree or disagree with what you just wrote I won't discuss here on a football forum. I come here to read football talk.

just that these statements are incorrect and never said this.

Jagr had great speed and quickness-  not true he never said this 

and

Never said this and especially would not say "better"   Jacobs is a great owner, better than Kraft.