Brady will retire a Patriot!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: Brady will retire a Patriot!!!

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

I disagree with Rusty on a lot of things (and agree with rkarp and pezz on a lot) but Rusty was basically right about the ability to renegotiate the contract.  I won't claim to be an expert on the cap, but it seems to me that cap hits on amounts already paid (like signing bonuses) are impossible to avoid, but cap hits on unpaid amounts are always possible to avoid by renegotiation. 

Re-read the post.  I normally agree with you too, but Rkap said they could (would )have to extend because restructuring the 2 years of the existing contract wouldn't work.

No one was counting on TB taking such a cut though.  That's why it worked, otherwise those 5 years would also be high at the going rate.

No one said he couldn't extend, just that it would still be pretty high.

Yeah-- Of course it's only a "cut" if he plays out the contract.  There's a possibility that neither Brady or the Pats are thinking he'll play out the contract.  If Brady ends up retiring early, the Pats will still have a big cap hit down the road, but by then the cap may be higher so it won't hurt as much as it would this year and next.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

In response to LessPhatRex's comment:

Hey Queenie, remember when you said that Bradys cap hit was going to be 21 million in 2014.  What an idiot you are!

Hey, remember when you said it was a definite that would be the case and then PatsBandwagon, Prolate and myself asked why Brady couldn't take the initiative to renegotiate a new deal? And then, 24 hours later you're black and white outlook and low IQ exposed your premise again?

That was really awesome because it means it exposed the crap out of your premise AND we will now see the Jets not sniff a playoff spot for the next 5 years.

Beautiful!

what premise was that Queenie?  The one where you couldn't show Brady's contract details?  That was awesome!

No, the premise that debunked your idiocy in thinking Brady's 2013 and 2014 cap hits were set in stone yesterday afternoon with a trail of morons supporting you.

Then, the news hits this afternoon proving us right, you wrong, and you still think you won.

Absolutely priceless. Every NFL fan in American is jealous of BB and Brady's relationship, the team focus, etc, yet somehow you think it helps you as a Jets fan. Absolutely priceless.

Instead of all your lies and deflections about what other posters said, or didn't, why don't you be a big boy now and admit you were WRONG.  Make your momma proud. 

C'mon, you can do it

I am wrong about what?  The handful of us yesterday asking why Brady couldn't help restructure?

Then he does? LOL!

We couldn't have been more right!  You're the inbred that thinks him making 21+ mil with the cap the same as 2009 and Mankins making more, Wilfork, etc is a good thing. I didn't. I thought it would hurt the team the next 2 years.

You live in a moron Brady induced fantasy world. Brady doing an extension, leaving leverage behind, where he could have waited and chased stats to chase one more bloated deal, actually supports my point even more.

He realized it's not about his big deal coming from his past laurels.

Proven once again.  You have no clue!  Brady EXTENDED his contract.  Get it?

NOBODY SAID HE COULDN"T!

Do you hear voices??

That's not true.   RKrap and your buddy, Jets troll deluxe, Phat Rex, said he was locked in to the previous deal until after 2014.

It's all right there in threads from yesterday which left about 5 of us or so scratching our heads why they were so firm on the idea he couldn't extend out a new deal and push the money out into that.

Go read the exchange between Prolate and myself. That exposes them. lmao

I read the exchange yesterday and today.  Truth be known it is NOTHING like you say.  Pro was asking for clarification on the rules of restructuring.

Do you actually READ post or just project what you want to hear to prove a delusional point?  Seriously, you don't understand anything!

Nothing was ever said about it couldn't be done.  He was asking if that was what was meant.   (it being prohibited) and he clarified that.

NO one ever said he couldn't restructure, only that the cap hit would be anormous in 14.  No one said he couldn't extend and that was suggested by the poster but he also said it would be cost prohibited.  He was right and you are a liar.

NO one expected TFB to take half of what he could have for the 3 year extention.

That and that alone made it work.  The 15 million is being spread over the last 3 years.

Now, stop your lying and stop twisting peoples words and stop blaming people for saying things they never said just to falsely say you are right.  You're not.  Everybody knows it.

You seldom are and you use this bs tactic on every one.  Grow up!  Unless you are trying to set a record on being banned.....which is nothing less than mentally ill.

MORON,

The potential restructuring is TIED TO THE IDEA THAT YOUR BOYFRIEND IS WILLING TO RENEGOTIATE. He did. That means that is good for us. Get it? Good, Caveman Doofus.

We see Saints fans incensed that Brees won't do this. We see Gomer out in Denver. I agree we're benefitting from Brady finally realizing that and doing it.

You and your diseased and sick Brady Defender Group acted like his guaranteed 22 mil in 2013 was not to be touched and you got EXPOSED!

You feel he deserves that to make up for BB being a big meanine into a lockout.

I warned you of the Brees contract, Indy not getting jack squat for Gomer, their contracts, etc, and I also acknowledged Brady averaging 18 mil per over a 4 year deal was not something to cheer about with the cap not going up until 2015.

Just stop it. Take an Economics course or concede you have no clue.

Brady doing this is a huge move and relief because his bloated and ridiculous deal based on the cap not rising until 2015 was a HUGE deal.  He was set to inhibit this team from having a better position in FA.

Stop following me around. I'll know more about markets and leverage than you and Cupcake or Phatty Pancakes could ever dream of.

Pure lies, deflections, delusions and mental illness.  There's no other explanation for this.  NONE!  Are you on disability for your illness?

That would sure that explains you making a fool out of yourself every single day for years on BDC, no matter how many times they kick you to the curb.  Who does that?

Only Psycho's.  Most normal folks would be humiliated.

Take a hint, Get a clue!.

"psyhco's"?

The psycho's what"?  Hmm. Learn about plurals or possessives before lecturing.

Are you unemployed because you don't know 4th grade grammar?

That's right crusty.   Resort to grammar when proven a fool.  That all you got psycho?

I would add a comma before calling someone a name, but yes, my contention is that Brady needs to stop playing poorly in the postseason during the rest of his contract.

Ya, Thank God the contract might buy some defensive talent or else we'll see another 5 years of the D blowing the lead with seconds left.

Maybe BB can teach them how to get a turn over or recover a fumble in the play-offs, get off the field, not commit stupid penalties and stop someone at the goal-line too?  You know, those silly things they're supposed to do.  Hopefully that money will help.

We can only pray.

and hopefully this will allow the pats to go out and get some more weapons for tom so that they dont continue to score in the low teens in big playoff games.

What would have Flacco scored without the pick and the 7 to the house by st and in an 8 possession game?   Hmmm  14 pts.  Yup, 14 points.

Poor Tom, no body ever helps him win.  Well hopefully that changes. Too bad he had to give up 9 million a year to get some help.

i respect what tom has done, but cmon its not like the dude even needs the money, he is already set for a life of luxury after he retires anyway.

and yes, the ravens defense got two picks, one on a deflection that landed into corey graham's hands, and one that gomer threw right to ed reed....hardly what you would call making great plays.

your logic is so backwards, you dont expect much out of the offense in the postseason, which is where all the money is tied up....but yet your standards are crazy high for the defense in the playoffs, a unit full of young players and the side of the ball that doesnt take up nearly as much cap space as the offense.

Wrong on all accounts, crusty.

Doesn't matter how they got the picks, just that they got them and it helped Flacco.

Never said the O couldn't have played better just that they had no help (in fact they were hindered by low possessions and defensive penalties)  just like flacco had help, and Eli did and Brees did and Ben did  and Montana did and the Tom Brady of old did.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to In_BB_We_Trust's comment:

rusty i used to like u because it seemed like u were outcasted here by a lot of people but it looks like u look for arguements with those same people

hence the reason he was an outcast

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

In response to UD6's comment:

I will say this, the Pats are very fortunate to have Mrs. Brady bringing home the bacon in that family.  Free's up Tom's ability to help the team.  Good for them.

So the fact he signed a below market extension before he was married kind of throws a bit of a wrench in that argument.  We are talking about a guy who has made millions playing and from endorsements.  I doubt his wife factored into the equation.

his wife factored in the decision - come on

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to pezz4pats's comment:

Hey Queenie, remember when you said that Bradys cap hit was going to be 21 million in 2014.  What an idiot you are!

Hey, remember when you said it was a definite that would be the case and then PatsBandwagon, Prolate and myself asked why Brady couldn't take the initiative to renegotiate a new deal? And then, 24 hours later you're black and white outlook and low IQ exposed your premise again?

That was really awesome because it means it exposed the crap out of your premise AND we will now see the Jets not sniff a playoff spot for the next 5 years.

Beautiful!

what premise was that Queenie?  The one where you couldn't show Brady's contract details?  That was awesome!

No, the premise that debunked your idiocy in thinking Brady's 2013 and 2014 cap hits were set in stone yesterday afternoon with a trail of morons supporting you.

Then, the news hits this afternoon proving us right, you wrong, and you still think you won.

Absolutely priceless. Every NFL fan in American is jealous of BB and Brady's relationship, the team focus, etc, yet somehow you think it helps you as a Jets fan. Absolutely priceless.

Instead of all your lies and deflections about what other posters said, or didn't, why don't you be a big boy now and admit you were WRONG.  Make your momma proud. 

C'mon, you can do it

I am wrong about what?  The handful of us yesterday asking why Brady couldn't help restructure?

Then he does? LOL!

We couldn't have been more right!  You're the inbred that thinks him making 21+ mil with the cap the same as 2009 and Mankins making more, Wilfork, etc is a good thing. I didn't. I thought it would hurt the team the next 2 years.

You live in a moron Brady induced fantasy world. Brady doing an extension, leaving leverage behind, where he could have waited and chased stats to chase one more bloated deal, actually supports my point even more.

He realized it's not about his big deal coming from his past laurels.

Proven once again.  You have no clue!  Brady EXTENDED his contract.  Get it?

NOBODY SAID HE COULDN"T!

Do you hear voices??

That's not true.   RKrap and your buddy, Jets troll deluxe, Phat Rex, said he was locked in to the previous deal until after 2014.

It's all right there in threads from yesterday which left about 5 of us or so scratching our heads why they were so firm on the idea he couldn't extend out a new deal and push the money out into that.

Go read the exchange between Prolate and myself. That exposes them. lmao

I read the exchange yesterday and today.  Truth be known it is NOTHING like you say.  Pro was asking for clarification on the rules of restructuring.

Do you actually READ post or just project what you want to hear to prove a delusional point?  Seriously, you don't understand anything!

Nothing was ever said about it couldn't be done.  He was asking if that was what was meant.   (it being prohibited) and he clarified that.

NO one ever said he couldn't restructure, only that the cap hit would be anormous in 14.  No one said he couldn't extend and that was suggested by the poster but he also said it would be cost prohibited.  He was right and you are a liar.

NO one expected TFB to take half of what he could have for the 3 year extention.

That and that alone made it work.  The 15 million is being spread over the last 3 years.

Now, stop your lying and stop twisting peoples words and stop blaming people for saying things they never said just to falsely say you are right.  You're not.  Everybody knows it.

You seldom are and you use this bs tactic on every one.  Grow up!  Unless you are trying to set a record on being banned.....which is nothing less than mentally ill.

MORON,

The potential restructuring is TIED TO THE IDEA THAT YOUR BOYFRIEND IS WILLING TO RENEGOTIATE. He did. That means that is good for us. Get it? Good, Caveman Doofus.

We see Saints fans incensed that Brees won't do this. We see Gomer out in Denver. I agree we're benefitting from Brady finally realizing that and doing it.

You and your diseased and sick Brady Defender Group acted like his guaranteed 22 mil in 2013 was not to be touched and you got EXPOSED!

You feel he deserves that to make up for BB being a big meanine into a lockout.

I warned you of the Brees contract, Indy not getting jack squat for Gomer, their contracts, etc, and I also acknowledged Brady averaging 18 mil per over a 4 year deal was not something to cheer about with the cap not going up until 2015.

Just stop it. Take an Economics course or concede you have no clue.

Brady doing this is a huge move and relief because his bloated and ridiculous deal based on the cap not rising until 2015 was a HUGE deal.  He was set to inhibit this team from having a better position in FA.

Stop following me around. I'll know more about markets and leverage than you and Cupcake or Phatty Pancakes could ever dream of.

Pure lies, deflections, delusions and mental illness.  There's no other explanation for this.  NONE!  Are you on disability for your illness?

That would sure that explains you making a fool out of yourself every single day for years on BDC, no matter how many times they kick you to the curb.  Who does that?

Only Psycho's.  Most normal folks would be humiliated.

Take a hint, Get a clue!.

"psyhco's"?

The psycho's what"?  Hmm. Learn about plurals or possessives before lecturing.

Are you unemployed because you don't know 4th grade grammar?

That's right crusty.   Resort to grammar when proven a fool.  That all you got psycho?

I would add a comma before calling someone a name, but yes, my contention is that Brady needs to stop playing poorly in the postseason during the rest of his contract.

Ya, Thank God the contract might buy some defensive talent or else we'll see another 5 years of the D blowing the lead with seconds left.

Maybe BB can teach them how to get a turn over or recover a fumble in the play-offs, get off the field, not commit stupid penalties and stop someone at the goal-line too?  You know, those silly things they're supposed to do.  Hopefully that money will help.

We can only pray.

and hopefully this will allow the pats to go out and get some more weapons for tom so that they dont continue to score in the low teens in big playoff games.

What would have Flacco scored without the pick and the 7 to the house by st and in an 8 possession game?   Hmmm  14 pts.  Yup, 14 points.

Poor Tom, no body ever helps him win.  Well hopefully that changes. Too bad he had to give up 9 million a year to get some help.

i respect what tom has done, but cmon its not like the dude even needs the money, he is already set for a life of luxury after he retires anyway.

and yes, the ravens defense got two picks, one on a deflection that landed into corey graham's hands, and one that gomer threw right to ed reed....hardly what you would call making great plays.

your logic is so backwards, you dont expect much out of the offense in the postseason, which is where all the money is tied up....but yet your standards are crazy high for the defense in the playoffs, a unit full of young players and the side of the ball that doesnt take up nearly as much cap space as the offense.

Wrong on all accounts, crusty.

Doesn't matter how they got the picks, just that they got them and it helped Flacco.

Never said the O couldn't have played better just that they had no help (in fact they were hindered by low possessions and defensive penalties)  just like flacco had help, and Eli did and Brees did and Ben did  and Montana did and the Tom Brady of old did.

i just read thru this whole thing

watching queenie get exposed and made a fool of while he conveniently revises history and bends over backwards to defend his previous agendas is great but throw in the fact that he got banned for the 156th time and it's pure joy!!

nothing better than a blowhard getting a good needed a** kicking

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Bottom line: Brady takes a huge voluntary cut, because BB can't draft. Now let's hope he doesn't pissss away the Brady money on more bad choices.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

Jets suck.  Just sayin'

This plus Brady's pretty cool.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Bottom line: Brady takes a huge voluntary cut, because BB can't draft. Now let's hope he doesn't pissss away the Brady money on more bad choices.

Sort of.  But in the NFL it's all about guaranteed money, and Brady just increased his guaranteed amount by a substantial margin. So while his annualized pay rate will be low for an elite QB from here on out, he's got a great deal of guaranteed money coming to him over the next few years at an age when staying in the league and under contract is, typically, by no means certain.

Seems like a win-win deal to me.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Sort of.  But in the NFL it's all about guaranteed money, and Brady just increased his guaranteed amount by a substantial margin. So while his annualized pay rate will be low for an elite QB from here on out, he's got a great deal of guaranteed money coming to him over the next few years at an age when staying in the league and under contract is, typically, by no means certain.

this is 100% correct.

Brady was very smart about this and I would bet the Pats did not want to make this deal, but they were between a rock and a hard place with Brady.

1) Brady could have played out his las 2 years and gambled that he played well and the Pats or some other team would resign him in his 37th year. Brady did not take this gamble.

2) The Pats could have extended Brady at 5/$100 and guaranteed 40-50% of the deal, with higher back end figures, meaning if Brady played poorly or was hurt, the Pats are n the hook for a lesser some. Most likely, the 5/$100 deal would have been a better deal for the Pats, as they would have been on the hook for a smaller guarantee if Brady declined.

3) For his age, Brady opted for the smarter, safer deal for him (not necessarily the best for the Pats). He took less total money, more guaranteed money, and he took a lot of it up front.

4) Most likely this is not the best deal for the Pats, and I doubt they do this type of deal for any other player, ever. The saving grace for the Pats is the salary cap relief, allowing them to do what they seperaely wanted to do...keep Wes, Vollmer and sign a CB (Talib or someone of his caliber or better)

If Brady was 27 years old, 30 years old, or even 33 years old, I dont think he does this deal. If Brady didnt have mega money already in hand, I dont think he does this deal. I am surprised the NFLPA went along with this deal.

If the Colts did not have the #1 draft choice last year (Luck), I wonder if they would have done a similar deal with Manning? I bet Manning would have, because of Luck, I bet the Colts passed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Brady did restucture is 2007

Brady extended is 2013

Brady could have restuctured in 2013, and it would have helped the PAts in 2013, but really hurt the Pats in 2014

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

rusty is gone again

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

this is 100% correct.

Brady was very smart about this and I would bet the Pats did not want to make this deal, but they were between a rock and a hard place with Brady.

1) Brady could have played out his las 2 years and gambled that he played well and the Pats or some other team would resign him in his 37th year. Brady did not take this gamble.

2) The Pats could have extended Brady at 5/$100 and guaranteed 40-50% of the deal, with higher back end figures, meaning if Brady played poorly or was hurt, the Pats are n the hook for a lesser some. Most likely, the 5/$100 deal would have been a better deal for the Pats, as they would have been on the hook for a smaller guarantee if Brady declined.

3) For his age, Brady opted for the smarter, safer deal for him (not necessarily the best for the Pats). He took less total money, more guaranteed money, and he took a lot of it up front.

4) Most likely this is not the best deal for the Pats, and I doubt they do this type of deal for any other player, ever. The saving grace for the Pats is the salary cap relief, allowing them to do what they seperaely wanted to do...keep Wes, Vollmer and sign a CB (Talib or someone of his caliber or better)

If Brady was 27 years old, 30 years old, or even 33 years old, I dont think he does this deal. If Brady didnt have mega money already in hand, I dont think he does this deal. I am surprised the NFLPA went along with this deal.

If the Colts did not have the #1 draft choice last year (Luck), I wonder if they would have done a similar deal with Manning? I bet Manning would have, because of Luck, I bet the Colts passed.

I think the Pats wanted the cap relief, so they may even have come to Brady with the offer.  Kraft is not cheap when it comes to actual money spent on players who deliver. He's just careful about managing the cap. That's sometimes interpreted as "cheap" but it's not. It's just smart management of the cap rules.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

this is 100% correct.

I don't think you are completely correct about that. The part I don't think you understand is that guaranteed money isn't a signing bonus and is only based on if the player plays. If the player is traded they are not on the hook and if the player is cut the team is only on the hook for the difference between the guaranteed money and the next contract they sign so that gives the team flexibility in the end of the deal. Also if Brady just outright retires or gets injured then the Pats aren't on the hook (cap wise) for any money after the fact. You are also limited to how much a contract can be backloaded (ie you can't have min salaries for the first 3 years and 35mil for each of the last 2) so a $100mil contract would have to be spread across the 5 years in a certain way. If you are including the remaining money from his previous contract you are talking about an extra $60mil having to be paid out over 5 years vs $27mil being paid out over 5years. That means at some point in those first 3 years the cap hit using your method would exceed the method they choose (most likely in year 2 of the deal) and the back end cap hit would almost guarantee they couldn't keep him on the team for years 4 and 5 but also that they couldn't trade him due to that cap hit. In the end you'd be giving out less guaranteed money but you'd not only have to be forcing your hand after 3 years but you'd also get less cap relief after the first year or two while limiting you options on the backend of his deal.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

yea im sure brady said ill take a pay cut sincy my coach/GM cant draft......you are even dumber than i thought!

people are in here praising brady for being a team player by doing this, and here you are criticizing BB?

they both make eachother better, HOF coach and HOF qb. enough of this crap that brady didnt have enough talent around him.....teams around the league would love to have some of the weapons the pats have had.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

as a dolphins fan, this news makes me a saaaaad panda...

really shows Brady is a standup, team-first guy signing a team friendly extension.. good for him

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to jri37's comment:

this is 100% correct.

Your premises about why the Pat's or Brady made the deal could be correct then again you could be wrong.

fact of the matter and the only thing that  is relevant as you and many have pointed out is that Brady allowed the Pat's to free up 15 mil in cap flexibility for the next 2 years. It has been reported that the cap will remain flat in those 2 years so it was a must for the Pat's. In return Brady gets 27 mil in guarunteed money in the back 3 years.

All the whys and what ifs don't matter those are the facts.

You are 100% correct. The only issue is if Bradys play declines, cutting him doesnt offer the Pats a lot of cap relief as most of the money owed to him will already have been paid out.

As far as the NFLPA is concerned do they have a say in players contracts if they are not taking a voluntary pay cut?

The NFLPA has zero say in what a player does. But remember Brady was very public in his support of the NFLPA, and his new contract must infuriate the NFLPA, and its members Rodgers, Flacco, Romo, Ryan all due to extend.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I disagree with Rusty on a lot of things (and agree with rkarp and pezz on a lot) but Rusty was basically right about the ability to renegotiate the contract.  I won't claim to be an expert on the cap, but it seems to me that cap hits on amounts already paid (like signing bonuses) are impossible to avoid, but cap hits on unpaid amounts are always possible to avoid by renegotiation. 

Re-read the post.  I normally agree with you too, but Rkap said they could (would )have to extend because restructuring the 2 years of the existing contract wouldn't work.

No one was counting on TB taking such a cut though.  That's why it worked, otherwise those 5 years would also be high at the going rate.

No one said he couldn't extend, just that it would still be pretty high.

Yeah-- Of course it's only a "cut" if he plays out the contract.  There's a possibility that neither Brady or the Pats are thinking he'll play out the contract.  If Brady ends up retiring early, the Pats will still have a big cap hit down the road, but by then the cap may be higher so it won't hurt as much as it would this year and next.

the "speculation" that I am hearing on the 2015 cap is between $127-$129M which of course is higher than the current cap of $121 ish

I think the Pats have a huge opportunity with this available cash. I guess I dont see the Pats thru rose colored glasses like most on the board do, even though I am a huge fan (always have been). I see the team over the past 3-4 years having many deficiencies, covered up by superior coaching (how the Pats got to the SB against the Giants with that set of DB's imo was BB's best career coaching job), a superior QB, and a weak division.

Is signing an aging Wes the best move with the cash? (I think they will sign him. Brady may have forced this issue)

Is signing an injured Vollmer the best move? (I think they do sign him)

I simply dont see BB throwing big money at the CB position, do they tender Talib (not franchise)and see what the market will pay and only pay him for 1 year? (I think this board sees more worth in Talib than the GM's in the NFL do)

I am on the fence with Woody. They may decide to keep Larsen

I do think they have to bring back Edelman regardless of Wes because the WR corp is so depleted

I do think they bring back Arrington

They lose Thomas, Cole, Chung

If Ballard proves to be 100% healthy, they keep Huma and cut Fells

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

this is 100% correct.

Your premises about why the Pat's or Brady made the deal could be correct then again you could be wrong.

fact of the matter and the only thing that  is relevant as you and many have pointed out is that Brady allowed the Pat's to free up 15 mil in cap flexibility for the next 2 years. It has been reported that the cap will remain flat in those 2 years so it was a must for the Pat's. In return Brady gets 27 mil in guarunteed money in the back 3 years.

All the whys and what ifs don't matter those are the facts.

You are 100% correct. The only issue is if Bradys play declines, cutting him doesnt offer the Pats a lot of cap relief as most of the money owed to him will already have been paid out.

As far as the NFLPA is concerned do they have a say in players contracts if they are not taking a voluntary pay cut?

The NFLPA has zero say in what a player does. But remember Brady was very public in his support of the NFLPA, and his new contract must infuriate the NFLPA, and its members Rodgers, Flacco, Romo, Ryan all due to extend.

The only thing i can say for the NFLPA, Rodgers, Flacco, Romo and Ryan is... oh well. This is only my opinion but Brady is seeing his football mortality and decided that winning and retiring a patriot were far more important than the total dollars he could have earned after the  2 years were up on his deal and the NFLPA and its members.

Well, not many players have the personal net worth of Brady. This is also Bradys 3rd big contract, some of these guys are still on their first contract. Age is also a big factor.

It also takes 2 to make a deal. The Pats paid Brady a lot of money guaranteed and upfront. Can every team afford that?

Kraft of course wants to win SB's...but Kraft also wants high TV ratings, the Pats "brand" to get maximum exposure, and to bang out the stadium every week. A major percent of all of that is on Brady.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

interesting read:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/peter-schrager-tom-bradys-reported-deal-with-new-england-benefits-both

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

in the first place, Brady did not take any pay cut at all.  With the entire contract guaranteed, he's actually taking more money, and the only question is whether or not he could have gotten more when his current contract expires or the year before it expired. 

In response to the colts/manning comment - Brady's situation and Manning's were completely different.  Brady's healthy.  At the time, Manning was not. 

The colts stunk in the year Manning was out and while he certainly could have made the team better himself if he had played, they might have been a 10 win wildcard team - not a superbowl contending team.  The general personnel on the colts during Manning's year out was either aging or not very talented save a few players.   

In hindsight, Irsay really made the right move.  It was not a big risk given that it was a financially sound decision.  The colts roster turnover was something like 70% 2011 to 2012.  That's incredible. 

anyway, Brady's healthy and effective.  your defense is young and improving.  The pats seem to have a running back, but do they have a run blocking line? 

If I were the pats, I'd look for some quality young receivers that they could have on the cheap. 

it seems like since the Welker/Moss deal, Brady does not care to develop receivers other than Welker. Back in Brady's younger days he was very good with any receiver.  After the Welker/Moss deal, he's not made any inroads with any receivers other than Welker and then Gronkowski and Hernandez (young rookies).  

He's had good receivers - Branch, Stallworth, Gaffney, Ocho, Lloyd, but none of these guys really stick.  Is it because they think they are vets and can learn anything or know everything?  Why doesn't Brady force them to work together some in the offseason?  Anyway - if I were the pats, that's what I would force Brady to do.  Maybe they should get rid of Welker.  Maybe he's too good for Brady.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

in the first place, Brady did not take any pay cut at all.  With the entire contract guaranteed, he's actually taking more money, and the only question is whether or not he could have gotten more when his current contract expires or the year before it expired. 

In response to the colts/manning comment - Brady's situation and Manning's were completely different.  Brady's healthy.  At the time, Manning was not. 

The colts stunk in the year Manning was out and while he certainly could have made the team better himself if he had played, they might have been a 10 win wildcard team - not a superbowl contending team.  The general personnel on the colts during Manning's year out was either aging or not very talented save a few players.   

In hindsight, Irsay really made the right move.  It was not a big risk given that it was a financially sound decision.  The colts roster turnover was something like 70% 2011 to 2012.  That's incredible. 

anyway, Brady's healthy and effective.  your defense is young and improving.  The pats seem to have a running back, but do they have a run blocking line? 

If I were the pats, I'd look for some quality young receivers that they could have on the cheap. 

it seems like since the Welker/Moss deal, Brady does not care to develop receivers other than Welker. Back in Brady's younger days he was very good with any receiver.  After the Welker/Moss deal, he's not made any inroads with any receivers other than Welker and then Gronkowski and Hernandez (young rookies).  

He's had good receivers - Branch, Stallworth, Gaffney, Ocho, Lloyd, but none of these guys really stick.  Is it because they think they are vets and can learn anything or know everything?  Why doesn't Brady force them to work together some in the offseason?  Anyway - if I were the pats, that's what I would force Brady to do.  Maybe they should get rid of Welker.  Maybe he's too good for Brady.

Branch, Stallworth and Ocho were all over the hill.

Gaffney got plenty of passes thrown his way. He had consecuative 100 yard games in the 2007-2008 playoffs.

He resigned with the Pats for one more year. Then, went to Denver.

Lloyd had a the second highest numbers of his career last year.

How does that happen if Brady isn't using him properly?

Maybe they should get rid of Welker.  Maybe he's too good for Brady.

Even dumber than your "Brady signed his contract because his wife is loaded" line.

I know you'd like it to happen, but don't hold your breath...