In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

In response to LessPhatRex's comment:

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

Hey Queenie, remember when you said that Bradys cap hit was going to be 21 million in 2014.  What an idiot you are!

Hey, remember when you said it was a definite that would be the case and then PatsBandwagon, Prolate and myself asked why Brady couldn't take the initiative to renegotiate a new deal? And then, 24 hours later you're black and white outlook and low IQ exposed your premise again?

That was really awesome because it means it exposed the crap out of your premise AND we will now see the Jets not sniff a playoff spot for the next 5 years.

Beautiful!

what premise was that Queenie?  The one where you couldn't show Brady's contract details?  That was awesome!

No, the premise that debunked your idiocy in thinking Brady's 2013 and 2014 cap hits were set in stone yesterday afternoon with a trail of morons supporting you.

Then, the news hits this afternoon proving us right, you wrong, and you still think you won.

Absolutely priceless. Every NFL fan in American is jealous of BB and Brady's relationship, the team focus, etc, yet somehow you think it helps you as a Jets fan. Absolutely priceless.

Instead of all your lies and deflections about what other posters said, or didn't, why don't you be a big boy now and admit you were WRONG.  Make your momma proud. 

C'mon, you can do it

I am wrong about what?  The handful of us yesterday asking why Brady couldn't help restructure?

Then he does? LOL!

We couldn't have been more right!  You're the inbred that thinks him making 21+ mil with the cap the same as 2009 and Mankins making more, Wilfork, etc is a good thing. I didn't. I thought it would hurt the team the next 2 years.

You live in a moron Brady induced fantasy world. Brady doing an extension, leaving leverage behind, where he could have waited and chased stats to chase one more bloated deal, actually supports my point even more.

He realized it's not about his big deal coming from his past laurels.

Hey, Dooooosh. Brady did not restructure.  Brady extended his contract.

He did both, MORON.  Why do you think he did the extension with 2 years left on his deal? 

Are you saying that restructuring is the same thing as extending? 

No.

I am saying you're an idiot who works at a movie theater.

Bwa haha hahahahha!

Oh Queenie, it's all so sad.  Clearly you won't answer after the beating you've taken.  Tell us, Queenie, what does restructure mean?

What does it mean in this case? It means you use an extension to spread the money out over  a bigger life of a deal.  Brady takes less with the new deal, which means they can restructure what his 2013 and 2014 horrendous season deals would have looked like.

Funny how I acnknowledged how bad his cap hit was in 2013 like 6 months ago and somehow me predicting how bad that was, has now seen BB addressing it.

How many more times do I have to remind your team is screwed to the bejesus for the next 3-5 years and the fact I said Brady's price tag was too high for us in 2013?

I am the one who mentioned this stuff and now I am somehow wrong? LOL!

Let us know when Tannenboob gets a GM gig. Hint: He ain't getting one of those until the next CBA. That's how bad he was, dribblebib.

You are a strange person, no doubt.

You predicted the contract restructuring was too high?  BWAHAHAhahaha  no, duh?

The contract that BB created was too high?  NO duh?

The contract that TB just fixed due to his unselfishness.  That contract?

You predicted????  Did you predict TB would unselfishly fix it by taking half of market value for 3 years?  He didn't have to.  Pretty sure he could have gotten payatons contract.

Good god!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: Brady will retire a Patriot!!!

Was out at a bar with work colleagues tonight when I saw the news. Our finance guy from Germany is a huge Pats fan and he pointed it out when they flashed some film of Brady during a break in the Habs/Sens game.  

The argument between rkarp and rusty is kind of silly. rkarp was right about the limits on restructuring the old deal, but rusty eas right about the possibility of tearing up the old deal and renegotiating something new thatbwas more cap friendly.

Good news is we've got Brady for a while longer at a reasonable cap cost.  I bet the plan is tohave Brady start another few years, then have him around to teach his successor.  Love the move. BB, Brady, and Kraft at their best. Man are we lucky to be fans of such a great team! Renewed my season tickets just a few weeks  ago. So worth the trip back from Canada. Best sports team ever! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Sorry for typos. Lagavulin and iPad really don't mix.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Was out at a bar with work colleagues tonight when I saw the news. Our finance guy from Germany is a huge Pats fan and he pointed it out when they flashed some film of Brady during a break in the Habs/Sens game.  

The argument between rkarp and rusty is kind of silly. rkarp was right about the limits on restructuring the old deal, but rusty eas right about the possibility of tearing up the old deal and renegotiating something new thatbwas more cap friendly.

Good news is we've got Brady for a while longer at a reasonable cap cost.  I bet the plan is tohave Brady start another few years, then have him around to teach his successor.  Love the move. BB, Brady, and Kraft at their best. Man are we lucky to be fans of such a great team! Renewed my season tickets just a few weeks  ago. So worth the trip back from Canada. Best sports team ever! 

Right, but my contention of a possibility of Brady being open to tear up his last bloated, union based deal to help the team now was correct.

RKrap acted like it couldn't be done. Don't be a phony. For once, admit I was right and we actually agreed.

Yeah you were right about the possibility of renegotiating.  No disagreement there at all.  Rkarp, though was also right about the limits of restructuring the existing contract. In a way it's just semantics.  Looking most broadly, though, you were more right because there was a way out for the Pats if Brady was willing to play along.  And they found that way out today.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Hey Queenie, remember when you said that Bradys cap hit was going to be 21 million in 2014.  What an idiot you are!

Hey, remember when you said it was a definite that would be the case and then PatsBandwagon, Prolate and myself asked why Brady couldn't take the initiative to renegotiate a new deal? And then, 24 hours later you're black and white outlook and low IQ exposed your premise again?

That was really awesome because it means it exposed the crap out of your premise AND we will now see the Jets not sniff a playoff spot for the next 5 years.

Beautiful!

what premise was that Queenie?  The one where you couldn't show Brady's contract details?  That was awesome!

No, the premise that debunked your idiocy in thinking Brady's 2013 and 2014 cap hits were set in stone yesterday afternoon with a trail of morons supporting you.

Then, the news hits this afternoon proving us right, you wrong, and you still think you won.

Absolutely priceless. Every NFL fan in American is jealous of BB and Brady's relationship, the team focus, etc, yet somehow you think it helps you as a Jets fan. Absolutely priceless.

Instead of all your lies and deflections about what other posters said, or didn't, why don't you be a big boy now and admit you were WRONG.  Make your momma proud. 

C'mon, you can do it

I am wrong about what?  The handful of us yesterday asking why Brady couldn't help restructure?

Then he does? LOL!

We couldn't have been more right!  You're the inbred that thinks him making 21+ mil with the cap the same as 2009 and Mankins making more, Wilfork, etc is a good thing. I didn't. I thought it would hurt the team the next 2 years.

You live in a moron Brady induced fantasy world. Brady doing an extension, leaving leverage behind, where he could have waited and chased stats to chase one more bloated deal, actually supports my point even more.

Proven once again.  You have no clue!  Brady EXTENDED his contract.  Get it?

NOBODY SAID HE COULDN"T!

Do you hear voices??

That's not true.   RKrap and your buddy, Jets troll deluxe, Phat Rex, said he was locked in to the previous deal until after 2014.

It's all right there in threads from yesterday which left about 5 of us or so scratching our heads why they were so firm on the idea he couldn't extend out a new deal and push the money out into that.

Go read the exchange between Prolate and myself. That exposes them. lmao

I read the exchange yesterday and today.  Truth be known it is NOTHING like you say.  Pro was asking for clarification on the rules of restructuring.

Do you actually READ post or just project what you want to hear to prove a delusional point?  Seriously, you don't understand anything!

Nothing was ever said about it couldn't be done.  He was asking if that was what was meant.   (it being prohibited) and he clarified that.

NO one ever said he couldn't restructure, only that the cap hit would be anormous in 14.  No one said he couldn't extend and that was suggested by the poster but he also said it would be cost prohibited.  He was right and you are a liar.

NO one expected TFB to take half of what he could have for the 3 year extention.

That and that alone made it work.  The 15 million is being spread over the last 3 years.

Now, stop your lying and stop twisting peoples words and stop blaming people for saying things they never said just to falsely say you are right.  You're not.  Everybody knows it.

You seldom are and you use this bs tactic on every one.  Grow up!  Unless you are trying to set a record on being banned.....which is nothing less than mentally ill.

MORON,

The potential restructuring is TIED TO THE IDEA THAT YOUR BOYFRIEND IS WILLING TO RENEGOTIATE. He did. That means that is good for us. Get it? Good, Caveman Doofus.

We see Saints fans incensed that Brees won't do this. We see Gomer out in Denver. I agree we're benefitting from Brady finally realizing that and doing it.

You and your diseased and sick Brady Defender Group acted like his guaranteed 22 mil in 2013 was not to be touched and you got EXPOSED!

You feel he deserves that to make up for BB being a big meanine into a lockout.

I warned you of the Brees contract, Indy not getting jack squat for Gomer, their contracts, etc, and I also acknowledged Brady averaging 18 mil per over a 4 year deal was not something to cheer about with the cap not going up until 2015.

Just stop it. Take an Economics course or concede you have no clue.

Brady doing this is a huge move and relief because his bloated and ridiculous deal based on the cap not rising until 2015 was a HUGE deal.  He was set to inhibit this team from having a better position in FA.

Stop following me around. I'll know more about markets and leverage than you and Cupcake or Phatty Pancakes could ever dream of.

Pure lies, deflections, delusions and mental illness.  There's no other explanation for this.  NONE!  Are you on disability for your illness?

That would sure that explains you making a fool out of yourself every single day for years on BDC, no matter how many times they kick you to the curb.  Who does that?

Only Psycho's.  Most normal folks would be humiliated.

Take a hint, Get a clue!.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Beautiful!

C'mon, you can do it

Then he does? LOL!

NOBODY SAID HE COULDN"T!

Do you hear voices??

That's not true.   RKrap and your buddy, Jets troll deluxe, Phat Rex, said he was locked in to the previous deal until after 2014.

It's all right there in threads from yesterday which left about 5 of us or so scratching our heads why they were so firm on the idea he couldn't extend out a new deal and push the money out into that.

I read the exchange yesterday and today.  Truth be known it is NOTHING like you say.  Pro was asking for clarification on the rules of restructuring.

Do you actually READ post or just project what you want to hear to prove a delusional point?  Seriously, you don't understand anything!

Nothing was ever said about it couldn't be done.  He was asking if that was what was meant.   (it being prohibited) and he clarified that.

NO one ever said he couldn't restructure, only that the cap hit would be anormous in 14.  No one said he couldn't extend and that was suggested by the poster but he also said it would be cost prohibited.  He was right and you are a liar.

NO one expected TFB to take half of what he could have for the 3 year extention.

That and that alone made it work.  The 15 million is being spread over the last 3 years.

Now, stop your lying and stop twisting peoples words and stop blaming people for saying things they never said just to falsely say you are right.  You're not.  Everybody knows it.

You seldom are and you use this bs tactic on every one.  Grow up!  Unless you are trying to set a record on being banned.....which is nothing less than mentally ill.

MORON,

The potential restructuring is TIED TO THE IDEA THAT YOUR BOYFRIEND IS WILLING TO RENEGOTIATE. He did. That means that is good for us. Get it? Good, Caveman Doofus.

We see Saints fans incensed that Brees won't do this. We see Gomer out in Denver. I agree we're benefitting from Brady finally realizing that and doing it.

You and your diseased and sick Brady Defender Group acted like his guaranteed 22 mil in 2013 was not to be touched and you got EXPOSED!

I warned you of the Brees contract, Indy not getting jack squat for Gomer, their contracts, etc, and I also acknowledged Brady averaging 18 mil per over a 4 year deal was not something to cheer about with the cap not going up until 2015.

Brady doing this is a huge move and relief because his bloated and ridiculous deal based on the cap not rising until 2015 was a HUGE deal.  He was set to inhibit this team from having a better position in FA.

Stop following me around. I'll know more about markets and leverage than you and Cupcake or Phatty Pancakes could ever dream of.

Pure lies, deflections, delusions and mental illness.  There's no other explanation for this.  NONE!  Are you on disability for your illness?

That would sure that explains you making a fool out of yourself every single day for years on BDC, no matter how many times they kick you to the curb.  Who does that?

"psyhco's"?

The psycho's what"?  Hmm. Learn about plurals or possessives before lecturing.

Are you unemployed because you don't know 4th grade grammar?

That's right crusty.   Resort to grammar when proven a fool.  Even though, you've made more errors than any one can count.  That all you got psycho?

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Beautiful!

C'mon, you can do it

Then he does? LOL!

NOBODY SAID HE COULDN"T!

Do you hear voices??

MORON,

"psyhco's"?

That's right crusty.   Resort to grammar when proven a fool.  That all you got psycho?

I would add a comma before calling someone a name, but yes, my contention is that Brady needs to stop playing poorly in the postseason during the rest of his contract.

thats a given.....but i am impressed that he took such a big paycut....it shows he wants to win now and he knows the team is a few pieces away from being a super bowl team.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I disagree with Rusty on a lot of things (and agree with rkarp and pezz on a lot) but Rusty was basically right about the ability to renegotiate the contract.  I won't claim to be an expert on the cap, but it seems to me that cap hits on amounts already paid (like signing bonuses) are impossible to avoid, but cap hits on unpaid amounts are always possible to avoid by renegotiation. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Beautiful!

C'mon, you can do it

Then he does? LOL!

NOBODY SAID HE COULDN"T!

Do you hear voices??

MORON,

"psyhco's"?

That's right crusty.   Resort to grammar when proven a fool.  That all you got psycho?

I would add a comma before calling someone a name, but yes, my contention is that Brady needs to stop playing poorly in the postseason during the rest of his contract.

Ya, Thank God the contract might buy some defensive talent or else we'll see another 5 years of the D blowing the lead with seconds left.

Maybe BB can teach them how to get a turn over or recover a fumble in the play-offs, get off the field, not commit stupid penalties and stop someone at the goal-line too?  You know, those silly things they're supposed to do.  Hopefully that money will help.

We can only pray.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

Beautiful!

C'mon, you can do it

Then he does? LOL!

NOBODY SAID HE COULDN"T!

Do you hear voices??

MORON,

"psyhco's"?

thats a given.....but i am impressed that he took such a big paycut....it shows he wants to win now and he knows the team is a few pieces away from being a super bowl team.

it wasn't pure altruism though. he got a big chunk of guaranteed money for years he may never play.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Beautiful!

C'mon, you can do it

Then he does? LOL!

NOBODY SAID HE COULDN"T!

Do you hear voices??

MORON,

"psyhco's"?

Ya, Thank God the contract might buy some defensive talent or else we'll see another 5 years of the D blowing the lead with seconds left.

Maybe BB can teach them how to get a turn over or recover a fumble in the play-offs, get off the field, not commit stupid penalties and stop someone at the goal-line too?  You know, those silly things they're supposed to do.  Hopefully that money will help.

We can only pray.

and hopefully this will allow the pats to go out and get some more weapons for tom so that they dont continue to score in the low teens in big playoff games.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Beautiful!

C'mon, you can do it

Then he does? LOL!

NOBODY SAID HE COULDN"T!

Do you hear voices??

MORON,

"psyhco's"?

it wasn't pure altruism though. he got a big chunk of guaranteed money for years he may never play.

this is true, no matter what though, it helps the team for as long as he is around and espescially for the next two seasons.

now i hope they re-sign welker and are able to get another receiver, maybe dwyane bowe if possible?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

I disagree with Rusty on a lot of things (and agree with rkarp and pezz on a lot) but Rusty was basically right about the ability to renegotiate the contract.  I won't claim to be an expert on the cap, but it seems to me that cap hits on amounts already paid (like signing bonuses) are impossible to avoid, but cap hits on unpaid amounts are always possible to avoid by renegotiation. 

Re-read the post.  I normally agree with you too, but Rkap said they could (would )have to extend because restructuring the 2 years of the existing contract wouldn't work.

No one was counting on TB taking such a cut though.  That's why it worked, otherwise those 5 years would also be high at the going rate.

No one said he couldn't extend, just that it would still be pretty high.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Beautiful!

C'mon, you can do it

Then he does? LOL!

NOBODY SAID HE COULDN"T!

Do you hear voices??

MORON,

"psyhco's"?

We can only pray.

and hopefully this will allow the pats to go out and get some more weapons for tom so that they dont continue to score in the low teens in big playoff games.

What would have Flacco scored without the pick and the 7 to the house by st and in an 8 possession game?   Hmmm  14 pts.  Yup, 14 points.

Poor Tom, no body ever helps him win.  Well hopefully that changes. Too bad he had to give up 9 million a year to get some help.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Beautiful!

C'mon, you can do it

Then he does? LOL!

NOBODY SAID HE COULDN"T!

Do you hear voices??

MORON,

"psyhco's"?

We can only pray.

What would have Flacco scored without the pick and the 7 to the house by st and in an 8 possession game?   Hmmm  14 pts.  Yup, 14 points.

Poor Tom, no body ever helps him win.  Well hopefully that changes. Too bad he had to give up 9 million a year to get some help.

i respect what tom has done, but cmon its not like the dude even needs the money, he is already set for a life of luxury after he retires anyway.

and yes, the ravens defense got two picks, one on a deflection that landed into corey graham's hands, and one that gomer threw right to ed reed....hardly what you would call making great plays.

your logic is so backwards, you dont expect much out of the offense in the postseason, which is where all the money is tied up....but yet your standards are crazy high for the defense in the playoffs, a unit full of young players and the side of the ball that doesnt take up nearly as much cap space as the offense.