Brady Wisely Calls Out Bruschi

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPat. Show NYPat's posts

Re: Brady Wisely Calls Out Bruschi

Bruschi did his job and Tom did his - it's all good. Now let's leave Ocho alone and let him do his job.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

I honestly think Brady and BB are smart enough to detatch themselves to whatever emotion they have for Bruschi. What a great Patriot, that can't be disputed as Brady said. That's all objective now it's a different era and a different team. I believe when they enter the building at Foxborough they have one thing on their mind and that is this team not this teams history or anything that happened in the past and i'm sure they're not happy with the nonsense Tedy is coming out with at the minute honestly all he's doing is hurting what i'm sure was a stellar relationship with Brady and BB. I think Brady and BB would go through any ex team mate for a short cut to the superbowl. BB probably already has the transcript of Bruschi's views up in Ocho's locker it's all motivation!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatsam72. Show fatsam72's posts

In Response to Re: Brady Wisely Calls Out Bruschi:
    [QUOTE]  I'm glad Bruschi said what he said and I'm extra glad Brady is proving his allegiance to the guys who take the field with him.  He's taken over the voice of the locker room from guys like Harrison who once lead in that role, and he's doing it better.  The result of this is that Brady and his teammates are stronger and guys like Bruschi and Harrison can be ornery old "this is how it's supposed to be done" types who don't budge from their old school mantras.  Yes, Bruschi might come off as over board but I think he's just protective of the capability he sees with this next era Pats as much as anything else.  He wants them to win.    We are being treated to a unique form of dialogue that's callusing up this team.  I hope they keep it up.  There is nothing wrong with Teddy Bruschi.  If he feels the need to throw a grenade into that locker room from the outside before one goes off from the inside it works out as a positive.  Why?..  because Brady is BB's first mate.  It's a stronger locker room today than it was a week ago because of it.  And sooner or later someone inside that locker room might have gotten annoyed with the "pray for me" ham up type ocho's world sub-text tweets from before last cuts as they persist throughout the ups and downs of a long season.           It's all working out.  i'm enjoying this dimension to this season's climb.   
    Posted by passfirst[/QUOTE]

I think this is exactly right.  good post.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Brady Wisely Calls Out Bruschi:
    [QUOTE]Brady on knee brace, Ochocinco critics September, 19, 2011 Sep 19 10:36 AM ET Email Print Comments 29 By ESPNBoston.com The scariest play of Sunday’s Patriots game came in the third quarter (photo at right), when Chargers defensive lineman Antonio Garay launched himself into the back of Tom Brady’s surgically repaired left leg. [+] Enlarge AP Photo/Charles Krupa This third-quarter hit by Antonio Garay had fans across New England holding their breath. Brady, who escaped unscathed, on Monday morning credited the brace he was wearing on the knee for protecting him from a potentially devastating injury. “I’m glad I had a knee brace on,” Brady said in his weekly appearance on Boston sports radio station WEEI. “Those are scary when you’ve been through those ones before. He got me in a good spot and I’m glad the knee brace took the brunt of the force. Why I never wore a knee brace before (his season-ending ACL injury in 2008) I have no idea and why every quarterback doesn’t wear one on their left knee I have no idea. It’s just so unprotected.” During the interview, Brady again defended teammate Chad Ochocinco, who came under fire earlier this week from ESPN Boston analyst Tedy Bruschi and others for his tweet about being impressed by the Patriots’ Week 1 offensive explosion. “I love Tedy, he’s one of my great friends. But honestly, none of those guys have any clue what they’re talking about,” Brady said. “They’re outside of the locker room. They don’t know what we’re trying to accomplish ... they don’t know. Everybody can think what they want to think and say what they want to say ... the only people that it really matters to are the guys that are inside the locker room. We support each other because we rely on each other. Every single player that’s on the team is counted on to help us win.” Brady made headlines earlier in the week when he encouraged fans to “ start drinking early ” for Sunday’s game, that the 4:15 start gave them a lot of time to “get lubed up and cheer for the home team.” His comments were clarified by the Patriots, but the quarterback said Monday he made a poor choice of words. “I hope there was nobody that was drinking irresponsibly,” Brady said. “I tried to make a very subtle joke, but for a guy who doesn’t drink, it gets a lot of attention. I think that I won’t joke like that anymore. That wasn’t the best thing for me to say and I won’t ever say that again. Click HERE to listen to Brady’s full interview.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Quit being so dramatic, Rusty.

Brady didn't "call out Bruschi"...he merely showed support for a guy who he hopes can be a key contributor this season. Chad is still playing and can help him win. Bruschi no longer plays, and therefore can't help him win.  

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

[QUOTE]Patriot's Way? Don't win anything in many years? Lose the biggest Super Bowl in the history of football? Getting embarassed in two playoff games at home? And, more recently, letting up nearly 800 yards passing in two games. If that's the Patriot's Way, they need a new road.
    Posted by cosmo14[/QUOTE]

If you won the lottery for 5 million would you immediately start to complain that it wasn't 10 million?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from HaverhillBob. Show HaverhillBob's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady Wisely Calls Out Bruschi : This is an interesting post. Don't win anything in many years? They won their division and had the league's best regular season record just last year. Lost the biggest Super Bowl in the history? Well, yes, theyd did, but the only reason it was "the biggest Super Bowl in the history of football" was because they went into it undefeated. Getting Embarassed in two playoff games at home? "Embarassing" is a relative term, but 20 teams didn't even make the playoffs in each of those years, so . . . Letting up nearly 800 passing yards in two games? Both of which they won. Conclusion: You're spoiled.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

Maybe he is spoiled.  I happen to feel that when we have Brady & Bill, we should be able to win a playoff game.  Do you not agree?  I lived in the Bay area during Montana's time and that was the feeling there, as it should have been

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

[QUOTE]Hmm. Are you exposing yourself under this name this week?  Hmm? King, I have been under the same name (and only this name) for 5 years...You don't make your argument by somehow convincing yourself I am a fan of another team... Having said that, I don't care about the Jets Way or any other teams "way". My point was they should bury that term "Patriots Way" as it has not produced anything except good records and playoff appearances like MANY other teams. How embarrassing if the Chargers came up with the SD Way? Same with the Patriots Way...embarrassed by it.

When any team can claim a "patriot way" or "celtic basketball" it's a good thing.  San Diego claiming the "San Diego way",... wait, I half to laugh for a minute, ..no wait I'm still laughing.  The thought of what that means (not much) is a good point.  however, the "Patriot way" means no individual introductions at games and everything else other teams across all major sports have tried to emulate since the Pats reiterated more clearly than any organization ever has, what it means to be a champion.  Other teams wish they could say that and have it mean the same thing.  But they can't and that's why "the Patriot Way" is a source of identity that separates the players on that team from the rest.  Maybe Steelers and Packers have their own sense of specific identity as well because of the history they've carved out for themselves.  The Pats carved out theirs and the "patriot way" will always mean exactly what it means.  And future players will be held to that standard.  And this in turn will keep them strong through transition years that won't really seem like transition years.  They do things like make the playoffs and lose but keep expectations higher.    

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

[QUOTE]Who is feeding Bruschi info, though? Seriously. Who would it be?  Brady isn't.  I highly doubt Bruschi and BB even speak regularly. I am sure Troy Brown sees what he sees on the field working for Comcast NE or whatever, and can relay some info, and that's fine but I read Troy's assessment and thought it was reasonabel and expected. But, to imply Wilfork, Mankins or any other former teammate is talking behind Ochocinco's back is way too far fetched. I actually think Bruschi is ticked off he can't get more inside info and that's a big reason he made such a spectacle. Look, I've seen/heard Perillo and Curran, etc, and all the other Pats beatwriters and I respect their opinions.  I don't agree that the context is the same with Moss, Welker, etc, and what Ochocinco has. Burress and Mason did SQUAT yesterday against Jax, and they don't even have to worry about running a myriad of differenr routes, memorizing multiple plays, and responsibilities, like Chad does here. My point all along has been to look for a progression with Chad. Rememeber when Moss came here in BB told the goobers on WEEI to "give him a chance"? Same deal here. Give Chad a chance in the process of being here and how things are run. I don't equate a natural reaction to a nice opening road win and his offensive buddies doing well as offensive. If anything, it's a good thing he's excited.

My point was that Bruschi can probably make a phone call and get some inside information on what the real story is, or at least moreso than other media members can.  I doubt anyone is calling Tedy and complaining that CJ isn't trying his hardest, and I didn't hear Bruschi say once that Chad Johnson wasn't working to understand the offense. I took his (and Harrison's) comments as a rebuke to a guy who shouldn't be talking based on his on-field performance thus far.  It was a call for 85 to focus on football, to "get with the program", which means shut up and play.  

Remember, I said that Bruschi's response was a bit heavy-handed.  CJ's comment was a bit dopey but harmless, and he was called out for it by two guys who are pretty much known to have zero tolerance for that kind of stuff.  But if Bruschi's comments get 85 to think twice and to try that much harder to fit in, then great, let pot shots from the analysts and outsiders galvanise this team then.  I have no problem with that.  Brady did right to defend him, but I'm sure CJ took Bruschi's word to heart because he's basically said nothing since.       

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I have to admit...I clicked on the NFL.com link for Billicheks special and the comments section was filled w/haters saying thing like "Lombardi is the best, and Bill shouldnt be mentioned w/ this guy"  " he is a cheater"  "how could they give this guy props after spygate"  blah, blah, blah... and we all know it was the media who hyped it.  (most coaches have said they all did it too when coaching"

and guess what?  That special on thursday was the highest rated show they have had since starting out...even including games like the one between us and the Giants week 17 for perfection that everyone tuned into...lol

Its funny how people talk about him but they all want to know more about him,..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking-11. Show Harleyroadking-11's posts

killa I looked for ya with no luck oh well maybe next year. Great game we had a blast.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

[QUOTE]Bruschi did his job and Tom did his - it's all good. Now let's leave Ocho alone and let him do his job.
    Posted by NYPat[/QUOTE]
    That's right. No harm done.

Chad is not slowing down the offense in any way and Bruschi's comments were harmless.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Glad TB said this. It send a message to the ex-Patriots. I am the leader of this team and please don't speak for us.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking-11. Show Harleyroadking-11's posts

[QUOTE]Harley I was looking for you too but didnt see ya. I was the guy yelling at anyone wearing a Danny Woodhead jersey lol I had my Faulk jersey on and was drunk so I was yelling at everyone in a Danny Woodhead jersey saying stuff like "Woodhead is just keeping Faulks seat warm" or what have you. I was just joking but it was funny. I mean I like woodhead I just like Faulk more.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

LOL....Have no voice today. I was yelling CHICKEN!!!! every time SD took a knee on the kickoffs,also went nuts on the fourth and goal at our end awesome game awesome time.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trebor. Show Trebor's posts

In Response to Re: Brady Wisely Calls Out Bruschi:   Took the words right out of my mouth. Teddy you should be ashamed, is that the best you could do by going to work for those clowns, sad.

[QUOTE]Bruschi now works for ESPN. Enough said.
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

The best way to deal with any idiotic comment by an ESPN employee is to ignore it.

ESPN pulls this baiting crap all the time. One of their talking heads makes some snide remark about a player or team in any one of a number of sports. The player(s) responds and next thing you know they've got 2 minutes filled on sports center, 2 on PTI, 2 on Rome etc etc. That's sportstertainment ESPN's specialty.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

Tedy was smart to say what he said. I bet 3/4 of people that watch the NFL had no idea he was an analyst for ESPN, & now they do. The guy had to keep a lid on everything during his playing career, now he can speak his mind. Have at it Tedy...I think it woke Ocho up a little too.

I kinda feel bad for Tom that he is taking heat over his get lubed up speech. They guy NEVER says ANYTHING that is offensive or crude. All he was trying to say was come & cheer us to a W, & the team, media took it to another level. No wonder the kid is so private....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Yeah, I mean I'll always respect Tedy for what he did for the franchise. He epitomized 'playing with heart.' You can't blame him for stirring the pot because that's his job now. Just like he had to follow his previous employer's rules (the Patriots), he has to follow his new employer's rules (ESPN) and they tell him to stir the pot. I'm interested in seeing how much he makes for ESPN because they needed him to 'get access' to the most polarizing franchise in the NFL and they also needed him to grab viewership and sponsorship for ESPNBoston.com. Reiss is a great reporter and provides good insight and access but he doesn't have the famous name to pull traffic. If I were Bruschi's agent I would have negotiated the deal of Bruschi's life with ESPN haha.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Brady Wisely Calls Out Bruschi:
    [QUOTE]Brady on knee brace, Ochocinco critics September, 19, 2011 Sep 19 10:36 AM ET Email Print Comments 29 By ESPNBoston.com The scariest play of Sunday’s Patriots game came in the third quarter (photo at right), when Chargers defensive lineman Antonio Garay launched himself into the back of Tom Brady’s surgically repaired left leg. [+] Enlarge AP Photo/Charles Krupa This third-quarter hit by Antonio Garay had fans across New England holding their breath. Brady, who escaped unscathed, on Monday morning credited the brace he was wearing on the knee for protecting him from a potentially devastating injury. “I’m glad I had a knee brace on,” Brady said in his weekly appearance on Boston sports radio station WEEI. “Those are scary when you’ve been through those ones before. He got me in a good spot and I’m glad the knee brace took the brunt of the force. Why I never wore a knee brace before (his season-ending ACL injury in 2008) I have no idea and why every quarterback doesn’t wear one on their left knee I have no idea. It’s just so unprotected.” During the interview, Brady again defended teammate Chad Ochocinco, who came under fire earlier this week from ESPN Boston analyst Tedy Bruschi and others for his tweet about being impressed by the Patriots’ Week 1 offensive explosion. “I love Tedy, he’s one of my great friends. But honestly, none of those guys have any clue what they’re talking about,” Brady said. “They’re outside of the locker room. They don’t know what we’re trying to accomplish ... they don’t know. Everybody can think what they want to think and say what they want to say ... the only people that it really matters to are the guys that are inside the locker room. We support each other because we rely on each other. Every single player that’s on the team is counted on to help us win.” Brady made headlines earlier in the week when he encouraged fans to “ start drinking early ” for Sunday’s game, that the 4:15 start gave them a lot of time to “get lubed up and cheer for the home team.” His comments were clarified by the Patriots, but the quarterback said Monday he made a poor choice of words. “I hope there was nobody that was drinking irresponsibly,” Brady said. “I tried to make a very subtle joke, but for a guy who doesn’t drink, it gets a lot of attention. I think that I won’t joke like that anymore. That wasn’t the best thing for me to say and I won’t ever say that again. Click HERE to listen to Brady’s full interview.

Yea, Bruschi's never been in that locker room

He's never played the game

He has no clue what it takes to prepare

and he set a terrible example on how to deal with the media and expectations

Chump

:/

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

i sort of thouhgt that that Bruschi was a little high drama-
    Going to that 18 out of 80 plays was overstated-
    First they were going no hudddle, and second they found out
    how to kill Miami- why change?

The "Wow" comment - doesn;t really mean awe to me anyways-

I missed what Troy said ( my personal all time favorite Pat-
    and Bruschi is another favorite) - If it helped Ocho get focusesed - and who knows- then great- but one thing is clear -
    TB is the KING of that locker room-

I was thrilled that Ocho got 2 great fan reactionws to his catches.
    BTW they were very graceful receptions adn they were both needed.
    And he did throw some nice blocks.

One last point - now that the Pats have some former players on the air
    there seem to be fewer attacks by

Right now we have performance out of all the receivers -
    And it is TE focussed - And TB has set more records-
    I cannot get into why Ocho doesn't have more catches-

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]Hmm. Are you exposing yourself under this name this week?  Hmm? King, I have been under the same name (and only this name) for 5 years...You don't make your argument by somehow convincing yourself I am a fan of another team... Having said that, I don't care about the Jets Way or any other teams "way". My point was they should bury that term "Patriots Way" as it has not produced anything except good records and playoff appearances like MANY other teams. How embarrassing if the Chargers came up with the SD Way? Same with the Patriots Way...embarrassed by it.

How embarrassing if the Chargers came up with the SD Way? Same with the Patriots Way...embarrassed by it.

Sounds like it is time to find another team to root for if the "Patriots Way" is so embarassing for you. The "Patriots Way" is not going to change anytime soon! Sorry it bothers you so much!

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

Brady summed up ESPN's talking heads in one sentence...

"But honestly, none of those guys have any clue what they’re talking about,”

As I said before it's classic ESPN. Manufacture a 'controversy' and get a couple of hours of air time filled on a half dozen shows on at least 2 of their channels. Add some publicity for a new talking head ( Teddy ) and the advertising revenues for those two hours of air time filled and you have profit. As Duvall said in The Godfather "It's nothing personal It's just business"