Brady

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: Brady

In response to RockScully's comment:

After reading this board very briefly today, it's not surprising that the elephant in the room continues to remain, with all the Washers scrambling like all hell to continue to ignore the truth.

I wish Talib didn't get hurt.

I wish Chandler Jones didn't sprain his ankle.

I wish Nink didn't have a hip ailment which clearly affected his postseason.

I wish our defense was not the youngest in the NFL.

I wish for all of these things, but none of things have anything to do with how Tom Brady leads this offense. The common denominator is Tom Brady and how he prefers to run an offense.

What I really wish is for Tom Brady to show that he's focused and that he cares in the postseason like he used to.

Who kidnapped Tom Brady?   Why has he been so inaccurate, reckless and almost lazy when it comes to making plays? Why are we seeing 8 yards per carry from Ridley on 1st down and them then ignoring the run after that?

Why, with a 13-7 lead, a defensive battle do we throw away the run game, just itching to go to a one dimensional and predictable shotgun spread?

How many times could he have run for a first down in that game, but he either hesitated, obsessed with trying to throw or telegraphing passes?   Did this offense even show going deep once? Was Hooman or Fells targeted?  Why eliminate a large chunk of your playbook?

Why are we asking these questions year after year, whether with a veteran D, an inexperienced D or a very good young D that was hung out to dry yet again?

Unfortunately, this game summarizes my fears with how we run our offense and what it means for the entire team over 4 qtrs against good defenses. 

And so it goes. Only Brady, as spoiled beyond belief as he's been with personnel here, can change it.

Making excuses for Gronk being out won't cut it. They went 5-1 without him and the only loss came when our own offense turned it over FOUR times in our zone in one half.

(SIGH)  Oh Hey Rusty!

Have at it. I'll be leaving now. Pats suck! and Brady is the worst of them all. The End!  YOU WIN! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Brady played like crap. But maybe this team wasn't any good.

They went 5-1 against crummy teams, the one loss against the one good team on the schedule.

Were you one of those that said the Texans and Broncos were overrated?

If so, then the Pats beat nobody good this season and loss to all the tough teams on the schedule.

This offense went deep, I think, too many times this game. Once on a third and 2. 

Pats just aren't as good as we thought they were. They were no different than the Broncos this season. Biggest difference is that the media portrays the Pats as a team with Super Bowl experience. Brady, Wilfork and Branch are the only guys left from the Super Bowl winning teams.

This team is knocking on the door. But they aren't that team thats been there and done that as the media likes to make us believe.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

After reading this board very briefly today, it's not surprising that the elephant in the room continues to remain, with all the Washers scrambling like all hell to continue to ignore the truth.

I wish for all of these things, but none of things have anything to do with how Tom Brady leads this offense. The common denominator is Tom Brady and how he prefers to run an offense.

What I really wish is for Tom Brady to show that he's focused and that he cares in the postseason like he used to.

Who kidnapped Tom Brady?   Why has he been so inaccurate, reckless and almost lazy when it comes to making plays? Why are we seeing 8 yards per carry from Ridley on 1st down and them then ignoring the run after that?

Why, with a 13-7 lead, a defensive battle do we throw away the run game, just itching to go to a one dimensional and predictable shotgun spread?

How many times could he have run for a first down in that game, but he either hesitated, obsessed with trying to throw or telegraphing passes?   Did this offense even show going deep once? Was Hooman or Fells targeted?  Why eliminate a large chunk of your playbook?

Why are we asking these questions year after year, whether with a veteran D, an inexperienced D or a very good young D that was hung out to dry yet again?

Unfortunately, this game summarizes my fears with how we run our offense and what it means for the entire team over 4 qtrs against good defenses. 

And so it goes. Only Brady, as spoiled beyond belief as he's been with personnel here, can change it.

Making excuses for Gronk being out won't cut it. They went 5-1 without him and the only loss came when our own offense turned it over FOUR times in our zone in one half.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Rusty you are crazy.  We were almost perfectly balanced in run and pass until Ridley's fumble put us down 2 scores and we went pass heavy after that.  That approach resulted in 13 points through 3.25 quarters.  I knew you would try and spin this game to support your agenda.  It is laughable.  You were wrong about running being a panacea.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Another thing I thought about was how this team can't win unless Brady plays well.

After the MIA (first game) and JAX game, a lot of people thought those questions were answered because Brady didn't play well in those games and the team still one. I was one of those people. I think a lot of us were blinded by the fact that those games were against MIA and JAX! Until they find a way to beat playoff teams when their QB has a bad day, then this will be the same team as its has been for the last 4-5 years.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

hate to say it but he hasn't been a very good playoff qb for a while.  I'd like to see them make a change but know they wont for a few more years, until then we should expect much of the same, some great regular season games followed by another playoff loss

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Rusty you are crazy.  We were almost perfectly balanced in run and pass until Ridley's fumble put us down 2 scores and we went pass heavy after that.  That approach resulted in 13 points through 3.25 quarters.  I knew you would try and spin this game to support your agenda.  It is laughable.  You were wrong about running being a panacea.

All of this is true. The pass-run ratio was 33-27 prior to Ridley's fumble.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LHNYJ. Show LHNYJ's posts

I heard Tom Terrfific called Tom Horrific on ESPN radio for his play on Sunday!

I wonder what Babe and TFB would have to sat to that?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

There is absolutely no denying that Brady has been BADLY outplayed lately in playoff losses (and some wins) by Joe Flacco and Eli Manning. What is most distressing is him walking with his head down (ala Peyton Manning) like a abused school boy who just had his lunch stolen. I love the guy and feel that we're lucky to have him over the last 12 years. The brainfart before halftime was rookie like. That simply can't happen and was a very bad omen for the rest of the game. With all of that said, plently of blame pie to go around in this game. How in the hell does Welker drop that pass, are you freakin kidding me!! Two terrible decisions by Belichick to punt from the 34 and 35 yard line of the Ravens. You line up an go there...NO QUESTION ABOUT IT. NONE WHATSOEVER. I know Rusty, you generally harp on about the run which I do not always agree with. But 3rd and 2 after 3rd and 2 and we're trying these low percentage bombs down the sideline. They should have run the ball more...obviously. Lastly, this defense needs improvement in many areas. As good as the improvment was when Talib stepped in it was that much worse when he went down. We have no depth at all and our back line DB's are generally a JOKE. I want what Seattle and SF have created...I don't know how we get there but that's what I want!

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Rusty, you have a point about the run game. I like Ridley & Vereen. Having said that, the poster above was right about the fact there was balance in the game until the Ridley fumble. Also, I still think TB is still one of the best in the game (perhaps not quite as good as 2007, but close; check the Reg Season #s); but he needs WRs & the team needs DBs. The late 2nd Qtr gaffe was very un-Brady like, which I find mystifying. Could Giselle Ono be partly to blame? Finally, the trenches (perhaps the most important part of any game) seemed dominated by the Ravens

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

In response to pcmIV's comment:

All of this is true. The pass-run ratio was 33-27 prior to Ridley's fumble.

You do realize that they settled for a FG before half because of too much passing right?  You act like 13 points is some amazing accomplishment. lol

So, 10 points, trying for 7 more, settling for 3 because Brady mismanaged the clock so badly before half itching to throw another shotgun play, means more passing is somehow "balanced"?

What did I tell you obtuse fans? The key to beating Baltimore was actually fighting fire with fire, not trying to spread them out which is what they KNOW we want to do.

Actually no. We settled for a field goal because Brady made a mental error by trying to run instead of sliding out of the pocket and tossing the ball away. That said having the time to run a couple more passing plays doesn't guarentee we would have scored. Trying to run with that little time on the clock would have had the same effect even if the ball had been carried by a RB instead of Brady.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

In response to LHNYJ's comment:

I heard Tom Terrfific called Tom Horrific on ESPN radio for his play on Sunday!

I wonder what Babe and TFB would have to sat to that?

I heard the Jets still have yet to win a Superbowl in 44 years. Must really suck to be a Jets fan! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to jri37's comment:

Nobody is denying the offense wasn't good but that fumble did matter. at that point they were down 8 and still moving the ball effectively.

Bottom line the offense insability to cash in red zone oppotunities for TD's in the 1st half and the welker drop, Ridley fumble and the uneven and somnetimes poor play by Brady did them in for the 2nd half.

Defensively, the lack of secondary depth caught up to them and was the achilles heel in the 2nd half I hope to never see Cole, Arrington and Gregory in coverage again. Gregory can not cover any TE.

cole on boldin was one of the biggest mismatches ive ever seen. that was easy points for flacco and the ravens. as far as the ridley fumble, he got knocked out. the play should have been blown dead at that point. not making excuses, just saying, when someone gets hit like that, the play should be over.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

In response to glenr's comment:

Actually no. We settled for a field goal because Brady made a mental error by trying to run instead of sliding out of the pocket and tossing the ball away. That said having the time to run a couple more passing plays doesn't guarentee we would have scored. Trying to run with that little time on the clock would have had the same effect even if the ball had been carried by a RB instead of Brady.

^-- Yep

The running game wasn't all that effective, but they did stick to it until the game started to get out of hand (after Ridley got knocked out).  There's a lot to criticize about the way the entire team, and Brady especially, played on Sunday, but the run-pass balance was one of the few things they got right.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

Brady played like crap. But maybe this team wasn't any good.

They went 5-1 against crummy teams, the one loss against the one good team on the schedule.

Were you one of those that said the Texans and Broncos were overrated?

If so, then the Pats beat nobody good this season and loss to all the tough teams on the schedule.

This offense went deep, I think, too many times this game. Once on a third and 2. 

Pats just aren't as good as we thought they were. They were no different than the Broncos this season. Biggest difference is that the media portrays the Pats as a team with Super Bowl experience. Brady, Wilfork and Branch are the only guys left from the Super Bowl winning teams.

This team is knocking on the door. But they aren't that team thats been there and done that as the media likes to make us believe.

LOL - I started a thread TRYING to say exactly that going into playoffs and maybe if you guys had read it instead of typing TROLL TROLL TROLL JETS FAN TROLL, you might have kind of expected another Pats playoff choke....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

What?   No. We should have kept running. He'd get like 5+ yards on 1st down and then we'd go right to a pass.  Just keep running it in different ways to set up your playaction. They couldn't stop it.

Nice try blaming the fumble as if it meant something at that point.    The offense was completely lacking any rhythm of any kind.  It's one thing to lose a game, but to have a #1 offense be so inept in the postseason like this, year after year after year, is pathetic for you to defend. 

This is utter nonsense Rusty.  The offense was balanced through 3.25 quarters and it netted them 13 points.  Once the Ravens went up by 15 they had to go pass heavy.  When your defense has just given up 3 straight TD drives, you are down by 2 scores and it is the 4th quarter you have no choice, but to pass.  It's called situational football.  Stop being so obtuse.  Just admit that the Patriots ran the ball a lot through the first 3.25 quarters of the game and it resulted in an anemic offense.  You were wrong.  I am not defending the offense's play, but their ineptitude had very little to do with pass/run balance.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

Maybe we should enclose the roof at Gilette for Brady. He seems to do better lately when the weather is not effecting the down field throws. And before anyone jumps down my neck, i'm only kidding!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I am not wrong at all. Our red zone offense was horrendous.  Good thing we got a TD in the shotgun to Welker from the 1 yard line, huh?

All of a sudden you equate what happens in between the 20s more so than points on the scoreboard.

Good one!  Guess what, when we got to the red zone in Seattle earlier in the year, they went 1/6, too, and sucked!

The balance was fine on paper, but if you ain't scoring, WTF does it matter?

Stop changing the subject.  You were wrong about running more being a panacea.  We ran a lot and the offense was anemic and were forced to go to a pass heavy strategy to end the game.  The entire premise of this thread is that Brady sucks because he won't run the offense like you say we should.  Well all you've been saying the entire year is that we need to run more and be more balanced.  You just admitted the balance was fine and we still sucked.  You were wrong.  End of story.