Brady

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Re: Brady

Nope, look at the first half. D gave the ball to the Pats in favorable position everytime. The O should have struck like a Cobra and end the game right there. They went the bathroom instead.

The second have the D was gassed and hurt but the game was already over as we were all waiting for the green pellet to hit the bucket.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to jri37's comment:

In response to chrisakawoody's comment:

In response to sporter81's comment:

hate to say it but he hasn't been a very good playoff qb for a while.  I'd like to see them make a change but know they wont for a few more years, until then we should expect much of the same, some great regular season games followed by another playoff loss

My only post this year: 

I said it this time last year - Brady will never win another SB.  

You are right Rusty, he is not a particularly confident post-season QB.  He can still crush the team everyone expects him to beat.  But he crumbles like a sandcastle in the surf when he faces a top-tier team, especially in the play-offs.

If you are simply content as a fan to watch the Pats make the play-offs year after year, don't change the QB.

If you want this team to win another SB, time to face the facts.  Brady lost his play-off mojo in early 2006 vs. the Broncos.  He panics and resorts to desperation plays, like repeatedly chucking it long to Moss against the Giants, or intentionally grounding last year.  And what was up with that dirty slide? Should have been flagged 15.

BB is solid.  D is solid.  Lot's of toys on O.  But this QB chokes regularly under the bright lights.  And he will be (gulp) 36 next season.  Not a hopeful stat for any QB.

That's it.  I've made my one post for the season.  Happy New Year, y'all.

You know I have been accussed of being a TBBW but i guess we should just end the experiment let's move on. Heck, I hate fighting the crowds to get into the stadium the lines at the bathroom, the constant leaving the seats of the people in my aisle (i have seats 1 & 2) the annoying pink hats who are now the majority and heck who likes the playoffs anyway, if you can't win the SB every single year why bother making the playoffs.

Hear, hear.  I'm moving to Kansas City.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

The defense is not nearly as good as the offense, but the defense played closer to their expecation than the offense did and that's the way the pats have been set up. 

The offense can be expected to produce in the absence of the defense, but not vice versa.  The offense didn't produce either to its own average or even to the defense's average. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I've said it before and I'll say it again (just for funnzies), the offense played poor and Brady played average at best. The problem is that with the way this team is constructed we will not win unless he plays very good.  The defense gave up 56 points in two games. Two! You can't honestly think that a defense that gives up that many points at home, in the cold, in the playoffs, is going to win the Super Bowl?! Not going to happen - didn't happen this year, last year, the year before, the year before and it won't happen next year either. Unless this defense improves we won't win a thing.

We would of had to of scored over 28 points to beat the Ravens...that just isn't going to happen against their pass defense....in the wind. Nope.

Listen the offense stunk Sunday - the problem is that is going to happen once over the course of three playoff games against good teams/defenses. You need your defense to bail you out if your going to win it all.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

What team in this day and age goes to a SB with their QB playing mediocre or poorly?  It doesn't exist.

The very fact you say what you just said proves your making excuses for Brady.  Of course he needs to play well!

If he didn't play well in ANY of his SB postseasons, we don't get to SBs those years either, minus maybe 2003 when Gomer threw 3 god awful picks in the snow.

NEWSFLASH: Our best player on offense in an offensive league MUST PLAY WELL.  My god.

Seek the help you need to rid yourself of your delusions. Do it for yourself.  My god.

Are you now admitting the D bailed out Brady last year in the AFC title game? What about in the SB, when they barely eeked out 17 points and could't even score 1 measly FG after the 3rd qtr on 4 drives?

Hmmm.

Looks like someone has to step forward finally and man up and admit defeat.

Ben Roethlisberger 2010.  AFCCG Stat Line:  0 TDs 2 INTs.

I didn't have to go back far.  Is 2010 in "this day and age"?

Glad to Help.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

What team in this day and age goes to a SB with their QB playing mediocre or poorly?  It doesn't exist.

The very fact you say what you just said proves your making excuses for Brady.  Of course he needs to play well!

If he didn't play well in ANY of his SB postseasons, we don't get to SBs those years either, minus maybe 2003 when Gomer threw 3 god awful picks in the snow.

NEWSFLASH: Our best player on offense in an offensive league MUST PLAY WELL.  My god.

Seek the help you need to rid yourself of your delusions. Do it for yourself.  My god.

Are you now admitting the D bailed out Brady last year in the AFC title game? What about in the SB, when they barely eeked out 17 points and could't even score 1 measly FG after the 3rd qtr on 4 drives?

Hmmm.

This is wonderful! We are going to have roughly nine months or so of having to teach you what a good defense looks like again...just like last year and the year before and the year before. Hopefully come September there will be a good example of a good defense out there for us - then you can go...THE WARNINGS WERE OUT PEOPLE!! But just wait till there is an actual game first - you don't want to do the same thing you did after Tavon Wilson made a tackle in the preseason again.

Hey, do you still think highly of Patrick Chung? Or did the fact that Belichick permanantly planted him on the bench convince you of what we've been telling you for two years?

Said it for the hundreth time...Brady didn't play well in our last game. It happens when you go up against a real defense...it's happened to him before (and yet we still won because we had a real defense - we don't anymore). 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Hmmm.

This is wonderful! We are going to have roughly nine months or so of having to teach you what a good defense looks like again...just like last year and the year before and the year before. Hopefully come September there will be a good example of a good defense out there for us - then you can go...THE WARNINGS WERE OUT PEOPLE!! But just wait till there is an actual game first - you don't want to do the same thing you did after Tavon Wilson made a tackle in the preseason again.

Hey, do you still think highly of Patrick Chung? Or did the fact that Belichick permanantly planted him on the bench convince you of what we've been telling you for two years?

Said it for the hundreth time...Brady didn't play well in our last game. It happens when you go up against a real defense...it's happened to him before (and yet we still won because we had a real defense - we don't anymore). 

yea its not like they won super bowl 38 by the score of 32-29 or anything, or they won an afc title game against pittsburgh 41-27....if the offense played well, they would have won, its as simple as that. blaming the defense for this last defeat just shows you have no football intelligence. you arent going to win many football games in which you dont score a single freakin point in the 2nd half.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

Man i jsut don't get you Rusty, you'd make such an excellent politician. You always cover all your bases on everything you say. If we'd won and Brady had played the game of his life you'd be giving the credit to the D and running game and as we lost you berate Brady to no end. There is no point in this thread YOU WIN!!! Congrats while we all get over the loss we get to have you here doing your i'm always right thing. Give it a rest you can't change the Patriots through this forum. Tom Brady will be the QB of the Patriots for another few years until that time he won't think differently and no matter how many times you say it he won't change the way he runs a game. So what i suggest you do is enjoy him while he's still here and how we get to be absolutely inconsolable because we ONLY  made it to the AFC championship game because mediocrity may be coming thick and fact when he leaves. MAY, i'm not saying it will it may though and then losing the AFC championship will be the least of our worries

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to nyjoseph's comment:

Hmmm.

Glad to Help.

And he didn't win either.  More importantly in the game you mention, the Steelers offense outscored their average and the defense was within a touchdown of their average. 

New England's offense scored 3 TD's less than their average.  There's the difference.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

Hmmm.

Glad to Help.

And he didn't win either.  More importantly in the game you mention, the Steelers offense outscored their average and the defense was within a touchdown of their average. 

New England's offense scored 3 TD's less than their average.  There's the difference.

besides the yards, which was proven an irrelevant stat by a game like this, the pats offense played jets-like. poor clock managemnent, dropped passes, poor throws...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

Nope, look at the first half. D gave the ball to the Pats in favorable position everytime. The O should have struck like a Cobra and end the game right there. They went the bathroom instead.

The second have the D was gassed and hurt but the game was already over as we were all waiting for the green pellet to hit the bucket.

Yep. 

Yep.

Runners can't run. Receivers can't catch or get open. Yep.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Hmmm.

Glad to Help.

The Steelers won the game I cited.  BR had a very bad game.  They won it with the run game and defense.  It's on video, so you can watch it again if your memory is fading.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

Hmmm.

Glad to Help.

besides the yards, which was proven an irrelevant stat by a game like this, the pats offense played jets-like. poor clock managemnent, dropped passes, poor throws...

Yep. Time for major changes in Foxboro. Trade BB and Brady to the jets for Rexy and Sanchez.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Hmmm.

Glad to Help.

Somebody take out the trash.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Hmmm.

NEWSFLASH: Our best player on offense isn't always going to PLAY WELL. He's human, not a robot. My god.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Hmmm.

yea its not like they won super bowl 38 by the score of 32-29 or anything, or they won an afc title game against pittsburgh 41-27....if the offense played well, they would have won, its as simple as that. blaming the defense for this last defeat just shows you have no football intelligence. you arent going to win many football games in which you dont score a single freakin point in the 2nd half.

If you had read mthurl's previous posts, you'd see that he admits that Brady and the offense struggled. But he rightly pointed out that the defense was just as bad.

Reading. What is it?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Moronic thread.  Brady sucks and Mayo is great....lol

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

Hmmm.

So you finally admit you are a troll.  Thanks for that.  Only a troll goes on a teams web site trying to get one of their fans to admit their team played bad.  You win now here's a real challenge for you go and try and get a Jets fan to admit the Jets are great on their Gang Green page...Good luck with that!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

You can't ask an average D to hang tough while your O is on the field pizzing themselves. Sooner of later the D wears down and is overcome.

Patriots lost the game by half time. The should have had 3 TD MINIMUM. Failure to do so allows a team to stay in a game that they have no business being in. You don't knock out a fighter when you have the chance that fighter will end up knocking you out. Football is the same way.

The O pizzed their pants and cried for Momma Sunday night. It's a disservice to football fans to deny it and make excuses. Don't be an enabler.

Really?  The Raven D was average, old, injured and no body in this universe EXPECTED them to hold the Pats to 14.  NOBODY!

Surpris, surprise!  They did!

The Pats D sucked and instead of helping, they dug foxholes.  Sucked!

What are their two strengths?  Turn overs.  NoT one, AGAIN!  It's very apparent they get their turn overs off the O's backs, when they are ahead and the other teams throw too much.  Very apparent.  How often do they get them in close games?  Zilch  They average 2.5 a game during the RS and many of them in the RZ.  Imagine the point swing if they had played their average, 7-17 points.  That's right, the D could have helped the Pats gain 7-17 points if they just played their average.  AGAIN, NOTHING!!!!  No help there!

NEWSFLASH:  Teams don't normally bat 1000 in the RZ UNLESS they are playing the dung heap defenses of the NFL!

Their other strength.  RZ D, Allowing more three's than 7's  in the RZ.  Where the F was that?  Not one stop not one FG, nothing!  Lemme see... how about instead of TD's on 4 of 4 drives they held them to FG's  (YOU know like they normally do)  How about 2 fg's and 1 td and 1 stop.  Different game isn't it.

Do the math, 4 x's 3 = 12.  Yes if they played  to their strength they could have allowed 12 points.

2 fg's, 1 Td and 1 stop = 13.  Good enough to win isn't it?

Then there was the FACT that the old, tired, injured, ravens D, DID just that and the vaunted D, not playing to any of their strengths did not.

It's a disservice to Pats fans to ignore THIS and make excuses.  Don't be an enabler!

Stop EXPECTING the O to win game after game after game.  That's the freakin OPPOSITE of the way it should be.  It takes a whole team to beat a whole team. 

This half crap isn't cutting it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

In response to Tomhab's comment:

Hmmm.

So you finally admit you are a troll.  Thanks for that.  Only a troll goes on a teams web site trying to get one of their fans to admit their team played bad.  You win now here's a real challenge for you go and try and get a Jets fan to admit the Jets are great on their Gang Green page...Good luck with that!

I'm a troll because I want our best player to not be average or subpar in the postseason? We're going on 5 years here with Brady!

Enough, doofus.

We ain't winning a SB with a subpar 20 mil per QB. Get over it.

Go back and read this thread everyone knows you are a troll.  Besides you win so you can leave now and start working on another fan base.  Goodbye Negitive Nancy we'll miss you...Not!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Hmmm.

The Ravens won a game 7/6 this year.  The Pats shut out Miami.  The wild card rounds were all low scoring.  You have no football intellegence if you think a team has to score 34 + points in every freaken game to win.. It doesn't and has never happened.  NEVER

Some times D's have to pitch in to win.  Case closed!

25. This post has been removed.