Brady

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

Re: Brady

In response to pezz4pats's comment:

In response to DanishPastry's comment:

Don't forget Suds.

And the problem........4 rookies on O.......2 of them UDFA's.

If ONE pans out, you still got 3 failures and that is very likely.

Every one understands the need for youth and upgrade, but 4 rooks is just a disaster waiting to happen.

I was reading, the last time that happened was 1971 and the team went 5-11.

Thank God for TB, but unfortunately, he can't do it alone.

Amandola and Edelman were great, but what happens when one or both goes down?

What then?  

I can see replacing two of the last years, #1 offensive starters, mainly Branch and Lloyd, but 4?

Not Good.

Haven't figured the quote thing out, sorry if this f*cks up.

I count on the RB's to as good as last year, I count on Gronk to return and be as good as last year, I count on Amendola to be not quite as good as Welker, but close. I count on Edelman to be as good as he has the potential to be.

That in itself is an okay offense, actually more than that considering who the QB is. If one or more of the rookies step up, they are going to be as explosive as ever.

Maybe my glasses are rose colored, but I think they are going to be okay.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Brady was doing his best with new receivers and no Gronk in this game.  The defense, with no pressure on EJ Manuel at all, still played well forcing turnovers.  The INT that Brady threw is on Sudfeld.  Gotta make that play.  The fumble at the goal line, that was a bad snap.  Ugh!  Brady stepped it up when it counted and Amendola made some incredible catches in key 3rd down situations.  Some of those catches I'm positive Welker would have dropped.  I love Amendola already.

That being said, it was a sloppy season opener.  I can definitely see this offense getting better as the season goes on.  And Shane Vereen is better than Stevan Ridley.  Ridley just can't shake his fumbleitis.

Props to Arrington too.  He earned his money yesterday.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

All in all I thought he played well today considering he was under some heavy pressure (which I'm sure he'll see every week now) and the fact that he was throwing to rookies. I've read a couple of negative posts about him and of course we have rusty running around bashing the best player in franchise history, but I thought we wouldn't of won without him. There was a third down pass to Amendola where he had about an inch to fit the ball...he did. If Thompkins had got his feet down, or came back for a ball in the endzone his stats would of been better and the game a little easier. I thought he battled out there...I thought he took his hits well (like he always does) and got right back up like it never happened. He lined everybody up out there and tried to put them in the best position to win - and in the end he drove his team right down the field to win the thing.

I can't believe people can discount what this guy does every week, I really can't. There are 28 qb's in the league that wouldn't of stood a chance out there today throwing to the young guys he was throwing to today on the road...that's a fact. We are lucky to have him.

I agree, Good Post. I just got here, but if people found a way to talk bad about Brady after that game, they dont know football. I hope it was a reality check for homers. I still like the team and they should get better every week, but its still not ideal. I overated Thompkins based on preseason, I will admit it, but I still like him. There were some on here saying Sudfeld had the best hands on the team based on ONE catch in preseason. Another poster said Jamie Collins is the best tackler on the team. Didnt even see him yesterday. Soo my point is, this team is probably not as good as some thought. Will it get better, sure? but lets not discount what Brady is gonna do this year. If he gets 10 wins, its a Great Year. He is out here with spare parts. Edleman, noone wanted. Amdendola is gonna be in and out. Dobson is not as good as some think. Thompkins is good but is green. Gronk isnt playing yet. Jets and Rexy are going out with a bang. They got after TB, so its not gonna be easy Thursday either. Im with my team all the way, but TB IS the team right now.

We are all hoping for an improved defense to offset our offensive struggles but we shall see. I dont want to panic over one game but these are things I thought already. If Thompkins cant seperate, what is a slower Dobson gonna look like? More Back shoulder throws to guys who are covered?  What we would do without Vareen?  BEAST! Bye Bye Ridley, Hello Vareen. Now we know why Blount was kept. 

So lets realize this is gonna be a battle all year long. Its Brady and his patience and his excerience thats gonna get us by if we do. Not the guy to be ragging on. I have confident it will get better. IF you gonna rag on someone, rag on the GM who bring in these cheap options and depends on his H.O.F.er to make it look good. Brady , the legend continues.

The defense played well too, lets not discount that. Arrington still cant cover deep, but he was a force with the 2 strips. Donte looked good and I thought we held it together for the most part.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

Yes it is. He was not sharp today. Simple as that. That is my opinion, we can agree to disagree.

I suspect you might be one of those, and it is fine, that always see things from one side.

If the receivers do well Brady made them look good. If the receivers do poorly the receivers just stunk. That is cool. There are a lot of those folks on this board. You are in good company.

I simply don't think that way. 

If the poor play of the rookie receivers take part in the poor passing production, it's not as simple as "he was not sharp today".  It's more complicated than just the QB not being sharp.  The rookie receivers failing time and time again also took part in it.

I don't ride the Brady Train all day.  A good pass must be caught by a good receiver.  A good receiver needs a good pass etc etc.  Sometimes good passes are dropped.  Sometimes bad passes are caught.

Saying it's a simple as Brady wasn't sharp today goes again logic.  With what he was given for targets and the time he was given to perform, I thought he did well, or average at least.

Amendola and Edelman helped out.  The Goofball Brigade didn't help at all.

I get what you are hung up on. There are tons of things that affect how a players performance and even place in history untimatley ends up being perceived. The thread was about Brady so I was just trying to keep it simple and focused on him and I didn't feel he was as consistently sharp as usual. That is really regardless of all the extentuating circumstances. I've seen him be better with less or roughly the same. I've seen him be worse with better. I did not want to get into all the minutia so bottom lined it from my own point of view. But if it makes you or anyone else feel better simply call it a misspoken addon phrase and consider the "simple as that" part removed. 

Im sorry but if you are not gonna pinpoint what you are talking about then we dont know. I saw a guy doing very well with the cr ap he was playing with. EVERY PASS he threw to Edleman was ON THE MONEY> But its Juilain Edleman, He is limited. He caught some but others wenr right through his hands. What would u have Brady do if ALL his WRS are covered and he is about to get sacked? I saw 2 or 3 back shoulder attempts that werent caught, the rookie never got his head around. The fact they are throwing back shoulder means he AINT OPEN! NO TIGHT ENDS In the game. Guys on the board OVERATE players and then Brady gets blame. Suds  and KT went undrafted for a reason. Sure they have some talent, but they are rooks! The one guy with legit NFL skills and Experience was the one who looked all game(Amendola) and if he never returns, game over. Brady knows what to to with competent talent. That game was a microcosm of Brady and what he can do. He CANNOT make WRs get open and Make them catch. I thought he did all he could do and is only gaffe was a bad fumble where he was trying to get out early and forgot the ball.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

IMO the receivers chemistry with Brady will be fine. It will take a lil time but they will be fine and get better and better week after week.

1) Buffalo often plays the Patriots tough up in Buffalo. I frankly was not suprised by the over cockiness of fans, but am always amused by it, every year. Buffalo has been picking high for a very long time, evertually, they will become the Bengals or 49ers. A very good to excellent team. You can not continually pick where those teams pick for as long as they did and not eventually end up with a talented roster. Most recent years the Bills have started the season strong and then been decimated by injuries and fallen off. The fact that practically NO one gave them ANY chance or even pays attention to any of those facts is actually very funny to me.

2) It was a division game, they're almost always tough regardless of each teams record, at least for a big stretch of the game if not in the final score results.

3) The Refs were letting the DB's play as close and physical in that game as I have seen them let it go in regular season in years. They really let them play, like it was playoffs. They are typically far more ticky-tack than they were yesterday.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

Thompkins and Brady weren't on the same page but what do you expect? He's a rookie in his first game. He'll get it eventually though and when he does, watch out. Brady obviously likes him. He targeted him 14 times but KT only caught 4 of them. I can't wait to see Dobson out there too. Hopefully on thursday!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

Brady was not at his best today for whatever reason.  When the game was on the line, however, he was sharp.  The game winning drive was classic Brady.

For whatever reason?

Brady doesn't have a legit WR to throw to. 

He was having to tell his WR's (with exception to Edelman) where to line up all game.

You ever been to a circus and watched one of those silly dog acts?  You know, where the dog trainer comes out, followed by all his dogs,  and they get in the center ring and the dogs all start running wild and here this poor dog trainer is trying to get them all in line.  Well that's what it looked like yesterday.  Tom Brady does not have they tools a HOF QB deserves to lead a team to the promise land.  Plain and simple.  One of the worst jobs I have ever seen BB do in fielding an offense.  Simple as that! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to ATJ's comment:

[QUOTE]

Brady was not at his best today for whatever reason.  When the game was on the line, however, he was sharp.  The game winning drive was classic Brady.

For whatever reason?

Brady doesn't have a legit WR to throw to. 

He was having to tell his WR's (with exception to Edelman) where to line up all game.

You ever been to a circus and watched one of those silly dog acts?  You know, where the dog trainer comes out, followed by all his dogs,  and they get in the center ring and the dogs all start running wild and here this poor dog trainer is trying to get them all in line.  Well that's what it looked like yesterday.  Tom Brady does not have they tools a HOF QB deserves to lead a team to the promise land.  Plain and simple.  One of the worst jobs I have ever seen BB do in fielding an offense.  Simple as that! 

[/QUOTE]

I consider Amedola a legit receiver lol.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

Brady kept fighting and played his best in the clutch.  The defense did a nice job too. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

In response to cyncalpatfan's comment:

Wow, some of you guys are just a little over the top, don't you think?  I mean, I totally support Brady, but you can't seriously suggest that it is somehow only because of him that our team won today.  I think a lot of credit has to go to the defense for keeping it close, while mistakes on offense were being made.  At the same time, let's not write-off the talent that we have in our receivers, just yet.  From what I could see, many of the obvious mistakes would seem to be correctible.

Right on, bro!  Brady was not good imo, fumble at Bills 1 was poor and accuracy was questionable throughout.  Glad BB got Ridley out of the game.