In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Rusty also the offense yes was astounding in the 2007 regular season but we DID have a GOOD defense. the core of guys were old but still played very well. they didnt get the job done (cough* Asante Samuel drop cough*) that 2007 was a SB D that didnt do their job either

[/QUOTE]

Yes, the did. 10 points allowed over 58 minutes is beyond doing your job by a D in a playoff game or SB.

10 points?

Our offense could not have helped at all?  They had 7 points at the half! 7!  Mortifying!

[/QUOTE]

So the 10 points the D allowed up until the last drive is great but the 14 the O had during the same time period is mortifying.  Nah, no double standard there... Just crusty's pathetic agenda.

Fact:  D gave up the lead at the end of the game in BOTH SB losses..  Both games were low scoring because of the low possessions because the D could never get off the field.

Deal with it!

BB FAIL

[/QUOTE]

+10000

[/QUOTE]

Troll.^^

+1 million

[/QUOTE]

we have dissenting opinons therefore that makes me a troll? i thought we were alright russ but guess not. yes, TB and the O played bad, but you cannot sit here and say the D didn't lose the game either. like I said earlier those losses were team losses. Offense played bad and the D could not get a crucial stop, therefore team loss

[/QUOTE]

What was the strength of our team in 2011? Offense or defense?

D got many crucial stops!  Many! Holding a team to 2 FGs in a half after allowing one TD in the half prior means you're getting "crucial" stops.

It's 13 points allowed! How dumb can you be?

5 sacks, two forced fumbles that didn't go your way and 13 points allowed are not stops??!!

[/QUOTE]

How many sacks and how many points, Pinocchio?

Try 3 and 19 and the truth for once in your pitiful life.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Re: Brady

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Only a troll would blame Brady's awful play or decisions on BB. Like BB is supposed to stop time because he should know Brady it about to have another 4th qtr meltdown.

Super.

What a fanbase. Morons.  Absolute morons. The greatest QB ever somehow forgot how he won 3 SBs.

NEWSFLASH!  Don't turn it over or take Safeties when you don't need to!

[/QUOTE]

Only a BBBlicker would not admit that the reason the NE Patriots have had a pitiful D for years is because of poor drafts, failing to replace key players, pitiful FA signings all resulting in more dead money than some countries have per capita, which in turn prevents him from signing better players to help, EVEN with the help of TB, restructuring and saving 8M in cap every other year.

Yup.  It's true.

One routine 3 & out wins that game. Or one of those picks they were so famous for.

Too bad the 31st ranked D couldn't do it. 

A lowly, 26th ranked D might have.  Too bad BB couldn't even have that.

Shame, really.

[/QUOTE]

NO one cares where anyone is ranked in the regular season. THe 2006 Colts Run D was ranked 32nd. Didn't stop them to see Gomie hand it off to Addai/Rhodes in order to win it all.

Brady's  BB's ego unfortunately did not check his ego at the SB door. Twice.

[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

How unfortunate that a nice thread about Brady's best season turns into another 42 and 46 pissing contest.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Rusty also the offense yes was astounding in the 2007 regular season but we DID have a GOOD defense. the core of guys were old but still played very well. they didnt get the job done (cough* Asante Samuel drop cough*) that 2007 was a SB D that didnt do their job either

[/QUOTE]

Yes, the did. 10 points allowed over 58 minutes is beyond doing your job by a D in a playoff game or SB.

10 points?

Our offense could not have helped at all?  They had 7 points at the half! 7!  Mortifying!

[/QUOTE]

So the 10 points the D allowed up until the last drive is great but the 14 the O had during the same time period is mortifying.  Nah, no double standard there... Just crusty's pathetic agenda.

Fact:  D gave up the lead at the end of the game in BOTH SB losses..  Both games were low scoring because of the low possessions because the D could never get off the field.

Deal with it!

BB FAIL

[/QUOTE]

+10000

[/QUOTE]

Troll.^^

+1 million

[/QUOTE]

we have dissenting opinons therefore that makes me a troll? i thought we were alright russ but guess not. yes, TB and the O played bad, but you cannot sit here and say the D didn't lose the game either. like I said earlier those losses were team losses. Offense played bad and the D could not get a crucial stop, therefore team loss

[/QUOTE]

D got many crucial stops!  Many! Holding a team to 2 FGs in a half after allowing one TD in the half prior means you're getting "crucial" stops.

5 sacks, two forced fumbles that didn't go your way and 13 points allowed are not stops??!!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Was it 3? I didn't even bother to double check.  The pressures and holds/stops they had were brilliant.  

I don't care how many sacks. The point is, the D clearly did things within a gameplan to hold to 13 points as Brady took Safeties and threw INTS on 1st down.

What HOF QB throws INTs on 1st downs in the 4th qtr with a lead?  What QB has done it?

JAy Cutler would do it. Romo. Sure. But, Brady?   Just horrific.   Embarrassing. I still get random one off texts or emails about it to this day.

There is no defense for it.

[/QUOTE]

19 points and they did absolutely nothing to win the game.   NOTHING!

Even when they forced a punt, it took a lifetime and left the O on the bench twiddling their thumbs for 2/3rds  the game.

Disgusting!

A defensive genius needs to have better Defenses, apparently.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Back to the point about 2013:

Tom Brady has been a consummate leader in 2013. At times earlier this season, he did come accross like a whiner and an impatient baby to the masses with his visible displays of frustratiom with the rook WRs . He doesn't give a damn what he came accross as. He actually sacrificed some of the perfect Tom Brady image in doing so by emphasizing his passion for perfection and put the biggest pressure on them that they ever could have experienced early in the year. "Pressure creates diamonds" as they say and if they could withstand that kind of public flogging on the National scene while absorbing the PATS exotic O-play book, then the TEAM would benefit when it counted most. And we are seeing these kids step up now having grown under the most pressure they could have, the scrutiny of Tom Brady, likely the greatest player that has ever played the game. They are hitting their stride just like many of us here predicted in the beginning when others insited "WE SUCK!" Congrats to those of you who are through and through Patriots fans. Here we are again!!! THANKS BB, TB, and Mr. Kraft. You have made us proud, AGAIN! GO PATS!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:

How unfortunate that a nice thread about Brady's best season turns into another 42 and 46 pissing contest.

It is. I actually think Brady has turned the corner.  I knew Pezzy or one his group would swing in and ruin this.

Go to the source, Avvy.  Always go the source.

But it's not Brady's best season. He was awful to start the year.  Since 2007, if not spoiled, he really is not as great as people think.  It's the truth.

I seriously think the tough love BB has uunveiled here will pay off.  I really do. Something had to be done.

There can definitely be a debate over what year is Brady's best year. IMO, 2006, 2007, 2010, and this year have to be in consideration (if we focus just on regular season). While 2007 was his best statistical year, he had a loaded supporting cast. '06, '10, and '13 are boosted up because of the weapons around him. '06 was just bad; in '10, he helped develop 2 rookies TEs in Gronk and Hernandez, and helped the team get the 1 seed with a 14-2 record in what was suppose to be a "bridge year." This year, he has 2 rookie WRs and no big names besides Gronk (IMO Amendola is not a big name), but it's definitely stronger than his '06 supporting cast.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I am sorry, but that is completely false. His last 3 AFC title games at home feature 3 TDs, 7 INTs and some brutal play where he wasn't there.

His meltdown in the 4th qtrs of the 2011 title game or SB were awful, man. Come on now.

I want to not be the guy who points this out, but I am not going to lie.  Brady has a TON to prove as our leader this postseason.  A ton.

I hope he channels his poor recent title games and flips it on its head, if we do end up in Denver. I almost welcome it because I think we'll see that 2004esque Brady when the media all pick Denver to win.

[/QUOTE]

how bout that D in both SBs letting the Giants walk down the field on them to score two TD in final minutes of both games. both super bowls were team losses man. each side of the ball had their short comings

[/QUOTE]

joe...  Rusty DOESN'T CARE!!  He is laser focused on Brady's shortcomings ALL the time.  Any loss is Brady's fault.  He threw TOO much.  Was TOO focused on one receiver.  Had a "deer in the headlights" look.  Whatever Rusty seems to see and claims he is the only one to see it.  Well, guess what, we all DO see it, but don't focus on the glass half empty like Rusty does.  No player plays perfect games ( or games to Rusty's standards ) week in and week out which is what Rusty's expectation is for Brady.

[/QUOTE]

Dude, he's had 3 TDs and 7 INTs in his last 3 HOME AFC title games.  His SB work hasn't been much better.

It's incredibly disappointing. If you can't handle that, then too bad.

Don't run around here like a googly eyed fanboy of his babbling that he is the greatest ever and then run away in the postseason when he craps himself again.

I will be the first one on here explaining how proud I am of his play and his work for our team when he deserves it. Fact is, since 2007, he hasn't deserved any positive reviews in the postseason unless your blind, mildy retahded or a gay man in love with him.

That's just a fact.   

[/QUOTE]

I've never said that nor am I a googly eyed "fan boy".  I recognize he may not have played his best games during playoffs, but, I do not have to throw it into the face of every poster on this board at every turn, even when the topic is not about Brady, without regard for the play of the rest of the team.  You come across blaming Brady alone for all the ills of the Pats' failures in the playoffs.  Most here recognize it is a TEAM game and Brady is but one player, albeit, an important one.  But, for Brady to succeed he needs the other 21 players who are on the field to do their jobs well too. You are too unbalanced in your comments about Brady.

Lastly, if Brady weren't the QB of the Pats, would they have had ANY successes in the playoffs at all?  You seem to imply they would have done better.

[/QUOTE]

Dude, this is the easiest time ever to be a QB and play offense and the supposed GOAT has gotten worse when it's mattered more.

Them the facts.

Facts.

The whole reason why BB spent more, invested more, upped the odds more with the offense more is because he knew this due to Goodell. 

Nothing  changes on D, but it's clearly easier for offenses to move the ball and score.  THe key is to not become fixated on what you want to do or prefer to do.

Again, what average QB performance from a QB leads the team to a SB? Answer? It has never happened.

[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure Brady has been top of the league in every measurable in the second half of his career.

Pretty sure that's not average.

Even now, with nothing but garbage to throw to in the first half of the year, he has the O second in points.  FREAKEN OUTSTANDING!

Pretty sure you have a bushel of screws loose.

How much does a nose as long as the Statute of Liberty weigh, any way?  Just curious.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

10 points?

[/QUOTE]

Deal with it!

BB FAIL

[/QUOTE]

+10000

[/QUOTE]

Troll.^^

+1 million

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Was it 3? I didn't even bother to double check.  The pressures and holds/stops they had were brilliant.  

I don't care how many sacks. The point is, the D clearly did things within a gameplan to hold to 13 points as Brady took Safeties and threw INTS on 1st down.

What HOF QB throws INTs on 1st downs in the 4th qtr with a lead?  What QB has done it?

JAy Cutler would do it. Romo. Sure. But, Brady?   Just horrific.   Embarrassing. I still get random one off texts or emails about it to this day.

[/QUOTE]

Well then, quit sending yourself texts.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

It is. I actually think Brady has turned the corner.  I knew Pezzy or one his group would swing in and ruin this.

Go to the source, Avvy.  Always go the source.

But it's not Brady's best season. He was awful to start the year.  Since 2007, if not spoiled, he really is not as great as people think.  It's the truth.

I seriously think the tough love BB has uunveiled here will pay off.  I really do. Something had to be done.

[/QUOTE]

You are the source of every single pizzing contest with every single poster.  Fact

You might want to go back to the beginning to see where this went south.

Check every thread while your at it and get back to us. K?

See ya in a few years.  Bub bye

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

[QUOTE]

There can definitely be a debate over what year is Brady's best year. IMO, 2006, 2007, 2010, and this year have to be in consideration (if we focus just on regular season). While 2007 was his best statistical year, he had a loaded supporting cast. '06, '10, and '13 are boosted up because of the weapons around him. '06 was just bad; in '10, he helped develop 2 rookies TEs in Gronk and Hernandez, and helped the team get the 1 seed with a 14-2 record in what was suppose to be a "bridge year." This year, he has 2 rookie WRs and no big names besides Gronk (IMO Amendola is not a big name), but it's definitely stronger than his '06 supporting cast.

[/QUOTE]

The awful ending to the 2010 season often obscures that the regular season was perhaps his best. The one thing that really stood out, was the insanely low number of INTs, and the record for most pass attempts without a pick. As I recall, that was the season for the unanimous MVP, no?

Time will tell the story about this season, but so far it could end up being epic. Starting off with an entirely new cast of receivers, starting the season with no TEs to throw to, no RBs to throw to, and still keep on winnin - though somewhat on the back of a D that looked much improved.

Turning things around on O as the supporting cast returns to health. Meanwhile the loss of Wilfork, Mayo, and Kelly is hard to overcome on D, and they could be spiralling down.

Really, this will come to another showdown with Gomer, this time in Denver. Win that and this will be his best season, no matter how the SB goes.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Fletcherbrook's comment:
    [QUOTE]

MVP. 

One of his finest seasons yet. He has almost single handedly played this team into a top3 seed. 

[/QUOTE]

Talib was our first half MVP. Not debatable, Bustchise. No one was playing better than Talib through the Saints game. No one.

Talib singlehandedly led our D to such outstanding early seasone performances when players were healthier.

The list of players he took out of games is stunning.

[/QUOTE]

are you a fool or just slow? I will forgive you if your affliction is the later. what does the "first half" have anything to do with the point of this thread. He's been out or limited the last 1/3 of the season. Brady has been amazing this season as a whole given the predicament BB thrust a upon him from Johnny jump street. Talib has been very good overall this season. i cant label someone great unless they contribute in every game. sorry. i look at the season as a whole YTD. not bits and pieces like you do. thats the only way you can ever make arguements.

I would not want to see this team without him but Brady is the engine. 

There are two pills you can take that will help you let go of your Brady jealousy. Viagra and ambien. It will make almost any bar troll seem like Giselle. That might ease some of your Napoleon frustration.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

Rallyc and Rusty need to get a room. Oh my goodness is this display embarrassing by these two.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to DanishPastry's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The awful ending to the 2010 season often obscures that the regular season was perhaps his best. The one thing that really stood out, was the insanely low number of INTs, and the record for most pass attempts without a pick. As I recall, that was the season for the unanimous MVP, no?

Time will tell the story about this season, but so far it could end up being epic. Starting off with an entirely new cast of receivers, starting the season with no TEs to throw to, no RBs to throw to, and still keep on winnin - though somewhat on the back of a D that looked much improved.

Turning things around on O as the supporting cast returns to health. Meanwhile the loss of Wilfork, Mayo, and Kelly is hard to overcome on D, and they could be spiralling down.

Really, this will come to another showdown with Gomer, this time in Denver. Win that and this will be his best season, no matter how the SB goes.

[/QUOTE]

I do agree that if you factor in playoffs, then the 2010 season is lower on the list due to the Pats losing their first playoff game. 

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

[QUOTE]

Yes, but Avvy, if you're talking about regular season and how he was playing, he looked like pre 2007 dynasty era Brady. Ball control, under Center more, spreading it around, etc.

The 1 game he reverted back to the shotgun spread base is where he looked bad.

I think the proof is in the pudding. 2007 really ruined a lot of his mindset of how he best plays the positon for the team.

[/QUOTE]

IF we focus on just the regular season, would you say 2010 was his best season? Or 2006?

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Brett Favre threw a pick in OT of the 2007 NFC championship game. Manning threw a pick 6 in a 7 point Super Bowl game. There's two HOF quarterbacks and it didn't take any effort to think of at all. Probably several more as well.

You really don't even try to think before posting this Brady-bashing nonsense.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I am sorry, but that is completely false. His last 3 AFC title games at home feature 3 TDs, 7 INTs and some brutal play where he wasn't there.

His meltdown in the 4th qtrs of the 2011 title game or SB were awful, man. Come on now.

I want to not be the guy who points this out, but I am not going to lie.  Brady has a TON to prove as our leader this postseason.  A ton.

I hope he channels his poor recent title games and flips it on its head, if we do end up in Denver. I almost welcome it because I think we'll see that 2004esque Brady when the media all pick Denver to win.

[/QUOTE]

how bout that D in both SBs letting the Giants walk down the field on them to score two TD in final minutes of both games. both super bowls were team losses man. each side of the ball had their short comings

[/QUOTE]

The D let the opponent go "downt the field" on them under 2 minutes of EVERY SB of the BB era, MORON.  Difference? Brady didn't play in subpar fashion in the ones we won. 

Get it?

The offense sucked for us in an easy offensive Goodell era.  Offense wins championships in this era. Offense.

14 or 17 points for a unit that averages over 30 per game is patently unacceptable to logical people.

[/QUOTE]

It's true.  If you look at the defensive performances in all of those Super Bowls, you find that they were very consistent.  The only outliar, in terms of overall points allowed, was the Carolina game.

I do have to add, however, that the play of the offense does not all rest on TB.  To be fair, one has to consider the play of those around him.  For instance, their most recent Super Bowl loss...yes, TB could have played better, but then again, if WW makes that catch, we likely would have seen a very different outcome.

Based on what we have been seeing this year, I think we can expect to see much more clutch play from more of the team's players.  That will only help TB's confidence and enhance his performance.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Bungalow-Bill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rallyc and Rusty need to get a room. Oh my goodness is this display embarrassing by these two.

[/QUOTE]

Sounds great, Bustchise. Sign in and out as Fletcherbrook and Meadowland Mike so you can use Rico or Bungalow Bill some more.  

Talk about embarrassing.

Got your Sanchez doll all lubed up in the basement do ya?

[/QUOTE]

Yes, I vehemently defend the best player in franchise history from your absurd bashings and that makes me the Jets fan. Good call, queenie.

1 + 1 = 3