BRADY...is it time?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Re: BRADY...is it time?

In response to RockScully's comment:

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

It's the youngest d in the league in part to the fact we are constantly replacing players who fail with ones who fail . If bb the GM had hit on 2-3 more of the 20 picks he made on the defense in the last 4 years, things might be different Today. When you think of all the wasted picks it makes me sick in terms of where we could have been, we had many a chance to load up over the past 5 Years on defense and spent more 1st and 2nd round picks than any other team with not much to show. Couple that with a stable of FA disasters and this d is far from being elite. 

Now, if it was elite like San Fran, coupled with our current skill players on offense, I might be more inclined to engage in the tb trade talk. It's not, do let's not fool ourselves. We win because we put up more points than almost any other team...not because we hold opponents to fewer points than almost any other team...

on a related note...what's the chance Lombardi wants Brady not mallet?

That's flat out false. NE started 4 rookies in 2010.  MCourty, Deaderick, Spikes, Hightower and now Jones with Dennard are starters. That's 5 starters alone under the age of 25. STARTERS. 

You're wrong. That's you're young nucleus now with Mayo.

Get over it and accept it. They're wearing rings from lasy year if not for a god awful Brady decision on 1st down in the 4th qtr in Giants territory or a Welker drop.

This obsession with pretending Brady and this offense is somehow producing in January or February or held back by the 2007 D or the 2011/2012 D is pathetic.

The change has been made. Brady MUST change too.   You're delusional. They're literally one special player away from being elite.

Resign Talib, draft well, watch Jones and Hightower grow, etc.  Wake up. 

You Brady Lovers have been absolutely delusional for so long.  All the investment has been for him in recent years. 

I never said Brady was not at fault Russ. Step away from the edge. 

Your the one who is delusional if you think we are 1 special player away from an elite D. More like 3....and to say Brady and the offense received all the investment is complete nonsense. look at the 2006 draft to the 2012 draft and tell me if the o or d received more of the quality picks in rounds 1-3....mayo, jones, Hightower, Chung , spikes, mccourty, butler, brace, Cunningham, Wilson, Wheatley , crable, mckenzie, etc...and that's not including late round picks and FA's. do your math boy wonder.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I forgot dowling as well

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

In response to antiqueman1's comment:

In response to newenglanderinexile's comment:

Well is it time to replace Brady? Is he turnig into the new Bledsoe? Just unsure if he has the fire inside still to win another SB nor the arm to throw the ball longer than 20yds with accuracy. Or do most think if the Pats had just a few more pieces, they would pull it off. 2 cracks at the Giants left them empty. And now falling a game short against the Ravens. How much longer can the Pats run with Brady at the helm?

Since it will be so easy to find a replacement for him, it is definitely time to let him go.  I am sure they can easily identify someone in the draft, or get someone through free agency, or maybe by trade.  Nothing easier than finding a quarterback who can throw thirty plus touchdown passes a year with few interceptions.  There must be fifty guys out there who can do that.  So far Brady is the only quarterback in the history of the NFL who has led offenses that have scored 500 plus points four different years, but there must be dozens of others who can do that.  He may be the only quarterback in the history of the NFL with 100 more wins than losses, but, again, quarterbacks who can do that probably grow on trees.  Of course it's time to get rid of Brady.  The Patriots will have their pick of quarterbacks who can play better than he.  There's nothing easier than finding a Hall of Fame quarterback.  Look at all the teams in the NFL that do it all the time. 

So sarcastic. So I guess you think Brady will always remain the Pats QB forever. Ok. Keep the blind faith moving. Fine. I am not discrediting his past abilities or achievements.

But here is what I see as do others. He is not a deep passer. His is not nearly as accurate as you think. He lost his edge or fire to win when it matters most. He has an easy reg season division which actually plays against him come playoffs. He can't run or scamper for yds unless it is on the goal line. All good things do come to and end. He is getting up there in age.  

And whether you want or wish to believe, he will need to be replaced just like all the other greats before him.

Okay, so who do you have lined up to replace him?  He was the second or third best quarterback in the NFL during the 2012 regular season.  With him as quarterback, the Patriots scored 557 points, the third highest total in the history of the NFL.  So let's have some names of quarterbacks available in the draft or through a trade or free agency who would definitely be better than Brady next year.  Just name one quarterback the Patriots would have a chance of getting who you can guarantee would have a better year in 2013 than Brady had in 2012. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Well, Russ seems to think Alex Smith is our man. He would trade Brady and replace him with smith in a heartbeat 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

ne, brady probobaly still had 2-3 good years left....it would be nice if they drafted a qb now or if they dont, make sure mallett if the guy.

Yeah. Let's get right on finding that elite QB, because, you know, we don't have any other needs at the moment. Brilliant point. Boy, I wish you were running the show in Foxboro. We would be perennial favs to win it all.

i didnt say we didnt have other needs....im just saying brady isnt going to be able to play forever...

Right. And when he hangs them up we will more or less suck, probably for a long time. Because this team is average without him and the chances of us finding another like him in the short term are a million to one.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Well, Russ seems to think Alex Smith is our man. He would trade Brady and replace him with smith in a heartbeat 

Imbeciles often think like that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Stupid question. Of course it's time to replace the GOAT.

Why I'll bet nobody else will even make him an offer since a crackerjack football expert like you has deemed him washed up. Let's move right on to our next HOF QB. Shouldn't take more than a week or so to find one.

Oh, btw, - Learn the game.

Thank God you are not running the show either, just your mouth once again. Let's see, the 49ers look pretty successful after replacing their starting QB with a backup midseason. Oh, I guess it can't happen. And I never said trade, just asked if it was time to think about replacing him. A bit sensitive about it I see as usual babepar.  

LMAO@U Righto genius. The 9ers are loaded. Smith and Kaepernick both put up great numbers. I guess according to your thought process they're both HOFers, right?

Of course you would like to line up somebody to replace an aging star. But when your D was 25th in yards given up and your run game was below the league average per carry you probably have other concerns than finding your next HOF QB, ya think?

Learn the game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

As you can see, this topic exists a lot more than some here want to admit. 

Yeah. So people are idiots. Get back to us when you have something to report that we don't already know.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to ipotnyc's comment:

They absolutely can win another ring with TB at the helm.  TB is not the problem for the next 2 years.  It is how they game plan him.  People easily forget he built his legend by winning 3 SBs in his first 4 seasons.  

Remember "that" TB?  The one who was simply a great game manager?  The one who we KNEW would get it done, when everyone was drooling over the Gomer Mannings of the world?

The reinvention of TB as a stat machine has taken a bit away from what was winning this team rings.  At least this past season we found a running game.

I'd rather he throw for 3,500 yds a season and win the games that matter.  No one in the QB biz is better at managing a game.  He needs to get back to that and that's up to the HC, not TB.

Brady still plays at an elite level. The problem is the team around him is mediocre. When they can't run, catch, get open or defend, then fans expect Brady to somehow single-handedly produce a miracle. Nobody can do that. Many people need to; Learn the game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Well is it time to replace Brady? Is he turnig into the new Bledsoe? Just unsure if he has the fire inside still to win another SB nor the arm to throw the ball longer than 20yds with accuracy. Or do most think if the Pats had just a few more pieces, they would pull it off. 2 cracks at the Giants left them empty. And now falling a game short against the Ravens. How much longer can the Pats run with Brady at the helm?

Since it will be so easy to find a replacement for him, it is definitely time to let him go.  I am sure they can easily identify someone in the draft, or get someone through free agency, or maybe by trade.  Nothing easier than finding a quarterback who can throw thirty plus touchdown passes a year with few interceptions.  There must be fifty guys out there who can do that.  So far Brady is the only quarterback in the history of the NFL who has led offenses that have scored 500 plus points four different years, but there must be dozens of others who can do that.  He may be the only quarterback in the history of the NFL with 100 more wins than losses, but, again, quarterbacks who can do that probably grow on trees.  Of course it's time to get rid of Brady.  The Patriots will have their pick of quarterbacks who can play better than he.  There's nothing easier than finding a Hall of Fame quarterback.  Look at all the teams in the NFL that do it all the time. 

So sarcastic. So I guess you think Brady will always remain the Pats QB forever. Ok. Keep the blind faith moving. Fine. I am not discrediting his past abilities or achievements.

But here is what I see as do others. He is not a deep passer. His is not nearly as accurate as you think. He lost his edge or fire to win when it matters most. He has an easy reg season division which actually plays against him come playoffs. He can't run or scamper for yds unless it is on the goal line. All good things do come to and end. He is getting up there in age.  

And whether you want or wish to believe, he will need to be replaced just like all the other greats before him.

Okay, so who do you have lined up to replace him?  He was the second or third best quarterback in the NFL during the 2012 regular season.  With him as quarterback, the Patriots scored 557 points, the third highest total in the history of the NFL.  So let's have some names of quarterbacks available in the draft or through a trade or free agency who would definitely be better than Brady next year.  Just name one quarterback the Patriots would have a chance of getting who you can guarantee would have a better year in 2013 than Brady had in 2012. 

That is the whole point of this discussion really. Who is lined up to take his place. Since it will have to happen sooner rather than later. And if I remember correctly no one knew Brady was going to be this good either. Great reg. season stats. But it does not seem to equate well in the post season that well anymore. But many of you just think Brady or bust. I have no idea who will replace Brady just like I did not know how well Brady was going to do at replacing Bledsoe.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In response to ipotnyc's comment:

They absolutely can win another ring with TB at the helm.  TB is not the problem for the next 2 years.  It is how they game plan him.  People easily forget he built his legend by winning 3 SBs in his first 4 seasons.  

Remember "that" TB?  The one who was simply a great game manager?  The one who we KNEW would get it done, when everyone was drooling over the Gomer Mannings of the world?

The reinvention of TB as a stat machine has taken a bit away from what was winning this team rings.  At least this past season we found a running game.

I'd rather he throw for 3,500 yds a season and win the games that matter.  No one in the QB biz is better at managing a game.  He needs to get back to that and that's up to the HC, not TB.

I am not so sure that TB(age) exists anymore. But you make great points about the stat machine. Reminds me of Rondo(stat wise only). But I agree, he and the Pats need to get that back in order to win.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Stupid question. Of course it's time to replace the GOAT.

Why I'll bet nobody else will even make him an offer since a crackerjack football expert like you has deemed him washed up. Let's move right on to our next HOF QB. Shouldn't take more than a week or so to find one.

Oh, btw, - Learn the game.

Thank God you are not running the show either, just your mouth once again. Let's see, the 49ers look pretty successful after replacing their starting QB with a backup midseason. Oh, I guess it can't happen. And I never said trade, just asked if it was time to think about replacing him. A bit sensitive about it I see as usual babepar.  

LMAO@U Righto genius. The 9ers are loaded. Smith and Kaepernick both put up great numbers. I guess according to your thought process they're both HOFers, right?

Of course you would like to line up somebody to replace an aging star. But when your D was 25th in yards given up and your run game was below the league average per carry you probably have other concerns than finding your next HOF QB, ya think?

Learn the game.

Was Brady a HOF qb when he took over for Bledsoe? No, I don't think so. He earned it. All I did was ask about replacing him and when does that happen. Which seems like a sore subject for many of you.

Let's see babe. Seems to me the year he was out and Matt Cassel took over the Pats they went 11-5. That is pretty d_m good don't you think for not having Brady and for putting in a QB who had never started in a single college game.

You make it seem like the Pats can't win without Brady. Which in a way gets to part of the point. Don't you think it is time, if Mallett is the back up, he should at least start getting some meaningful snaps?

Get off your high horse podium babe and learn to take part in a discussion. Who knows you might actually learn something.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Great reg. season stats. But it does not seem to equate well in the post season that well anymore.

Try to wrap your brain around this. THE TEAM AROUND BRADY IS MEDIOCRE.

The team around him used to be better. The mediocre team now feeds on the weak during the season and often struggles against the good teams. The playoffs have all the good teams. Get it? Nobody is going to look great when the rest of the team can't catch, can't get open, can't run and can't play defense. Learn the game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Let's see babe. Seems to me the year he was out and Matt Cassel took over the Pats they went 11-5. That is pretty d_m good don't you think for not having Brady and for putting in a QB who had never started in a single college game.

Typical mindless analysis. Get back to me with the list of good teams that 2008 team beat. Get back to me when you can cite a season as Pats' HC where BB has made the playoffs without Brady. You people cling to the 2008 record like a drowning man to a life preserver when even the class dunce can see a schedule where the 1-15 Dolphins the previous year win the division was a joke.

It gets annoying when a guy who just put up one of the top 10 - 15 seasons all-time is undermined by such fool's evidence. Really, Go watch soccer and leave the football talk to the big boys.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Get off your high horse podium babe and learn to take part in a discussion. Who knows you might actually learn something.

From you? You would have to have a clue and make some sense for that to happen.

It's not from the perch of a high horse that one can conclude that having a HOF QB probably helps your team much more than not having one. It comes from simply having the slightest clue how this league works. That apparently leaves you out from all you have said so far.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

It's not from the perch of a high horse that one can conclude that having a HOF QB probably helps your team much more than not having one. It comes from simply having the slightest clue how this league works. That apparently leaves you out from all you have said so far.

Oh I forgot, you are mr. know it all. Or perhaps you stayed at a Holiday Inn. Which is more likely. You rant and rant some more, but never actually add anything to the disucssion. You like to attack and are in love with your "learn the game" phrase. I guess it makes you feel more important or something. Anyway, thanks for adding nothing to the topic except your typical slanderous remarks. Enjoy

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

It's the youngest d in the league in part to the fact we are constantly replacing players who fail with ones who fail . If bb the GM had hit on 2-3 more of the 20 picks he made on the defense in the last 4 years, things might be different Today. When you think of all the wasted picks it makes me sick in terms of where we could have been, we had many a chance to load up over the past 5 Years on defense and spent more 1st and 2nd round picks than any other team with not much to show. Couple that with a stable of FA disasters and this d is far from being elite. 

Now, if it was elite like San Fran, coupled with our current skill players on offense, I might be more inclined to engage in the tb trade talk. It's not, do let's not fool ourselves. We win because we put up more points than almost any other team...not because we hold opponents to fewer points than almost any other team...

True and think about this...when we have to get rid of Gregory next, we will most likely have to replace that mistake with a younger, cheaper alternative. Hence why we keep staying so young. When cheap veterans like Haynesworth, Springs, Bodden, Ellis, Gregory, Fenene, and many more go total bust on us...we are going to be young on defense. Then the apologists will come out and make excuses for us being so young - reality is we have gone cheap acquiring players and these mistakes are replaced with younger, even cheaper "Talent". The thing that stinks is that all we need is to hit on a couple of these free agent guys on defense and the whole thing can be turned around. They should of signed Gohlston when he was sitting in our complex two years ago, but he wanted a bit more money. They should of signed Red Bryant when he was sitting across from Belichick in his office, but he wanted more money too. Instead we ended up with Gregory, Fenene and 7 million of money that wasn't spent on the cap - if both of those guys are on our roster....we win the  Super Bowl. Instead we are left a year later trying to find ways yet again to improve those spots...more resources will be used/wasted. It was a mistake...those things happen, but when Brady is gone they will be magnified by a thousand.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Oh I forgot, you are mr. know it all. Or perhaps you stayed at a Holiday Inn. Which is more likely. You rant and rant some more, but never actually add anything to the disucssion. You like to attack and are in love with your "learn the game" phrase. I guess it makes you feel more important or something. Anyway, thanks for adding nothing to the topic except your typical slanderous remarks. Enjoy

"Mr. know the basics" has enough on the ball to figure out a HOF QB is better than just somebody. There is no discussion. Don't blame me because you don't rise to that modest level of football acumen.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to bobbysu's comment:

lol

As you can see, this topic exists a lot more than some here want to admit.  I'd say he has 2-3 years left and it's probably pointless to entertain trading him because I am not sure you get the value you'd want back.

But, clearly, tht :fire" you speak of does seem to be a problem.  His pregame antics are the same. He enjoys playing, but I wonder how easy it is for him during the season against bad or mediocre Ds, is counter-productive for him when the postseason hits.

I was simply shocked at this mediocre SB last year after such a poor performance. The game was right there the entire 4th qtr and he just made mistake after mistake.  I was on here saying "no way he has two back to back subpar games". I was wrong. He did.

You can give him a pass in SB 42 because of the O Line issues, the Giants front 7 playing out of their gourds, etc, but recently, we have a serious problem.

Paul Perillo was on Pats All Access pre-postseason saying "the last guy I am worried about is Tom Brady".

Hmmm.

I don't feel that way AT ALL anymore.  I feel the total opposite. FOr the last 2 years, I've said NE will win the division, go deep into the postseason but my main question is how Brady will run the offense and how he executes in it.

As Brady or any QB goes, so does the team.

Until I see differently, there is no way I can just pretend.  He a GOLDEN opportunity to really take control of this AFC title game in the second half and they didn't even get 1 FG.

Absolutely brutal. It's almost like the losses bother me more than him. 

he doesnt seem to have the same passion as he used to, on that we agree. i still think brady has another ring in him before he retires though.

I think step 1 is to let Welker go.  Since 2007 and since 2010 with him being so spoiled with arguably the best 3 different size in between hash route runners in the NFL, his skills have compromised a bit.  His deep ball is horrendous, he ignores trying to establish playaction in 90% of the games, and his perimeter throws are also not that good.  SOme of it may be having to do with the his leg injury in 2008 with a paranoia in stepping forward with the right mechanics, but regardless, it's been weak in that area.

I want to see him forced back into his non-comfort zone because I think it will make him mentally tougher and a better overall QB.

Ever notice sometimes when he runs a screen or a quick hitch to Welker he sort of strolls down the field like ho-hum?  It's because his underneath targets are so good, it is ho hum. I saw him make more incredible passes in 2005 or 2006 than he has in recent years. It's because he had to.

I know this isn't a huge deal, but you'd never see him look that bored back in 2006 when he was sort forced to raise the bar with just Caldwell, Watson and an old Troy Brown as his top options.

He's changed. There's no doubt. He puts up better stats in the regular season and looks more like a younger QB trying to grow into the league now in the postseason.

I just was watching Schlereth and Jaws saying the whole reason why the Rams lost SB 36 is because they chose to throw so much.  47 times.

Again, that was a choice. They didn't have to throw so much in the first half or abandon the run so early in the 3rd qtr eiher.  Only down 14-3  at the half or 17-10 doesn't mean you panic and take out half your playbook.

Brady seems to want to get to that 40 pass plateau and I just don't get it.  It's a clear path to a loss.

Very good Russ, its not bashing Brady, its about his mentality as he playing during a game. Nowadays. 40+ passes seems to be crossroads point. We have way more blow-out games when we pass LESS than 35 passes.

Do you ascribe to the Rusty conspiracy theory that BB wets his pants when Brady speaks and doesn't dare tell him to pass less?

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

True and think about this...when we have to get rid of Gregory next, we will most likely have to replace that mistake with a younger, cheaper alternative. Hence why we keep staying so young. When cheap veterans like Haynesworth, Springs, Bodden, Ellis, Gregory, Fenene, and many more go total bust on us...we are going to be young on defense. Then the apologists will come out and make excuses for us being so young - reality is we have gone cheap acquiring players and these mistakes are replaced with younger, even cheaper "Talent". The thing that stinks is that all we need is to hit on a couple of these free agent guys on defense and the whole thing can be turned around. They should of signed Gohlston when he was sitting in our complex two years ago, but he wanted a bit more money. They should of signed Red Bryant when he was sitting across from Belichick in his office, but he wanted more money too. Instead we ended up with Gregory, Fenene and 7 million of money that wasn't spent on the cap - if both of those guys are on our roster....we win the  Super Bowl. Instead we are left a year later trying to find ways yet again to improve those spots...more resources will be used/wasted. It was a mistake...those things happen, but when Brady is gone they will be magnified by a thousand.

Not too hard to figure out why BB the GM signs who he signs. He spends lower amounts on several guys instead of putting it all in one much more likely to succeed guy. That way when the Ellis' and Ochos of the world fail nobody adds up the damage to the cap. If he puts it into one higher profile guy and they fail he might actually have to answer some questions about it.

Same thing with the draft. Trade down, pick more players lower. Then when they fail there is much less outrage. But the tactic is starting to catch up to him as Brady can only cover him so much for the mediocre team BB has put around him.

The natives have been getting restless. Some are trying to blame Brady in their clueless frustration. But the more apt of the herd see it for what it is. BB has just let the team around Brady go to hell with all his poor decisions.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In response to jri37's comment:

To answer your question based on his level of play this year it is not the time. Is it a fair question to ask???? After next year you can evaluate his play and production and ask the question again but in my opinion as of right now and it is only an opinion he is still an elite player in this league.

Fair enough. I never said he needed to be traded or replaced today. Just asking in general how many more yrs in the tank does he have left? Of course he is not the same Brady nor are these the same Pats that won the SB. But his fire seems lacking. Ho hum.