Brady's New Helmet

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wiggy26. Show wiggy26's posts

Brady's New Helmet

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/gallery/06_02_10_patriots_minicamp?pg=7

Just one of those small things that I notice.....but I liked the kind of helmet Brady used to wear. Granted, this could be a once off, i just find it interesting that he has gone for a newer look helmet.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Re: Brady's New Helmet

I've never looked at the helmets they wear in that much detail, so I could be entirely wrong here.  I know the NFL is encouraging players to adopt newer helmets that are supposed to be better at protecting against concussions.  They were even considering a rules change to require such.  It could be that Brady has adopted one of the new helmets.  I know a lot, if not most of the players, still wear the older helmets that don't protect against concussions as well.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wiggy26. Show wiggy26's posts

In Response to Re: Brady's New Helmet:
    I've never looked at the helmets they wear in that much detail, so I could be entirely wrong here.  I know the NFL is encouraging players to adopt newer helmets that are supposed to be better at protecting against concussions.  They were even considering a rules change to require such.  It could be that Brady has adopted one of the new helmets.  I know a lot, if not most of the players, still wear the older helmets that don't protect against concussions as well.
    Posted by carawaydj

hmm you are most probably right! It certainly wouldn't surprise me if that was the reasoning behind it. 

Not sure why I don't like the new more "square" edged helmets.....i liked the older round helmet design.

Anything that saves Brady from being knocked out for weeks is ok in my books!

Hell....lets wrap him in bubble wrap and just leave arm and eye holes. 

We can roll him to the end zone.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

i doubt tom is going to wear his revo helmet when the regular season comes. hes worn his usual three bar regular helmet for his whole career, so what makes you think hes comfortable with anything but what hes worn b4. hes prob just wearing this one cuz he forgot his reg one at home or something.. i hate those revo helmets, the one manning wears is so ugly it makes me wanna barf.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

I don't care if he wears a leather helmet as long as he tosses another 50 Tds!

GO PATS!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from HRK103. Show HRK103's posts

^
    ^
    ^
    agreed

Since were talking helmets this the one I wear when I have a hangoverCool

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from waldorff. Show waldorff's posts

The new ones like like one a short bus rider might wear. You know, sort of like something our resident trolls wear everyday going to school. They are apparently much safer with technology and design, but I agree. From an aesthetic standpoint, they don't like as "clean" so to speak, as the traditional Riddell helmets.
    Posted by russgriswold

So many comments about the short bus.  Sound like you are either harboring horrible memories of your experience there or the riders of it used to pick on you something fierce.... wait, it was both!  You were the tool that all the kids who got picked on, picked on.  It's all making sense now.  Oh, it's just so sad and yet these may actually be tears of laughter.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JerrySpringer. Show JerrySpringer's posts

^ ^ ^ agreed Since were talking helmets this the one I wear when I have a hangover
    Posted by HRK103

Gawd Dang it I knew Darth Vader didnt die! He's now a Mass Trooper called Lord Helmet!Yell

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

I wonder what kind of jock he wears!!! :) As long as Tom is playing I could not care less what he wears!

Go Pats!!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from HRK103. Show HRK103's posts

Sam, LOL! ain't big enough I'm sure.
     @ Jerry from Darth HRK is my son.                              

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

^ ^ ^ agreed Since were talking helmets this the one I wear when I have a hangover
    Posted by HRK103

LOLLaughing