Branch now a PATRIOT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Re: Branch now a PATRIOT

49, you weren't even here for Ty Law, he left 2 years before you even became a Pats fan. How could Branch, a guy you never saw play be on your" Ty Law List" when you weren't even watching/following Ty Law and the Pats?

You contradict yourself in so many ways that its ridiculous. I see an extremely misinformed bandwagoner who jumped on the Wagon when we were undefeated and now doesn't like us reverting back to our "old" offense. You know, the type of offense that won us superbowls.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: Branch now a PATRIOT:
    [QUOTE]49 - you posted earlier that you love Moss.  He did the same thing in the middle of the season.  What gives?
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]

Trust me, Moss went on the list too. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

brady wanted this to get done

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

at least its not David Patten

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]49, you weren't even here for Ty Law, he left 2 years before you even became a Pats fan. How could Branch, a guy you never saw play be on you" Ty Law List" when you weren't even watching/following Ty Law and the Pats? You contradict yourself in so many ways that its ridiculous. I see an extremely misinformed bandwagoner who jumped on the Wagon when we were undefeated and now doesn't like us reverting back to our "old" offense. You know, the type of offense that won us superbowls.
    Posted by GadisRKO[/QUOTE]

If I was a 2007 fan, why does Deion Branch bother me? Deion's I want a new contract tirade got us the 2007 offense. =/

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Back on topic, he gives us a precise route runner, a guy Brady will trust on all downs, a guy that Brady won't have to force feed the ball to, a guy that can help the young guns get better. All of that for a measly 4th round pick, if that isn't quality, I don't know what is.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from USMCM1A1. Show USMCM1A1's posts

I wouldn't have made this trade, and surrendered a 4th round pick for an aging WR with bad knees...

...but my name's not Bill Belichick or Nick Casiero , who I presume have solid information on Branch's current health, and have made a personnel choice.  I gotta figure they know enough that this is a reasonable decision.  Maybe it will pan out, or not, but I'm sure they've made a careful choice here.

Look at it this way--we got a 1st round choice for Branch years ago, and now we're renting him back at the cost of a 4th.  Not bad :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

basically Maroney for Branch..great deal.....and we still have all our picks and will get more when we deal Mankins...........BB is brilliant......we will have all these picks next year playing for peanuts with the new rookie wage scale in place..........I love it

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Compensation -- The fourth-round price tag seems a bit high when considering that the Patriots acquired a third-rounder for Randy Moss. But the Patriots had an extra fourth-round pick in 2011 which it acquired from Denver in the Laurence Maroney trade, so that probably contributed to their comfort level with the price tag. Finances and a renegotiated contract also could have been a factor in the final compensation. The Patriots also have multiple picks in the first, second and third round next year.

Maroney for Branch is what basically went down />>>? And some of you wouldn't do that????????  Keep your day jobs. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Branch now a PATRIOT : If I was a 2007 fan, why does Deion Branch bother me? Deion's I want a new contract tirade got us the 2007 offense. =/
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

Wow, just wow. You posted in this topic that you became a pats fan in 07,there is no denying that. Then, you proceeded to avoid the fact that your full of Cr@p with your" Ty Law List" and that I proved you wrong on so many points that its making you look like complete moron. How could you deny what you posted a few minutes ago? You don't adress the fact that you weren't here for Ty Law or Branch, yet you call one a clown and hate another former pat you never watched play.

Please do yourself a big time favor and click turn off computer button ASAP because you keep pushing out nonsense and making yourself look like a complete fool. Fans like you are a disgrace to the Patriots organization.

"Branch is a clown for holding out" Really? Last time I will say this, we franchised him so he wouldn't hit the open market and we traded him for a golden 1st rounder, which we used to acquire stud MLB Mayo.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]Back on topic, he gives us a precise route runner, a guy Brady will trust on all downs, a guy that Brady won't have to force feed the ball to, a guy that can help the young guns get better. All of that for a measly 4th round pick, if that isn't quality, I don't know what is.

They have him signed through next year: 2010: $5.47 million, 2011: $5.95 million.  I bet that the Seahawks included money in the trade...  He was/is Brady's favorite receiver of all-time.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Branch now a PATRIOT : They have him signed through next year: 2010: $5.47 million, 2011: $5.95 million.  I bet that the Seahawks included money in the trade...  He was/is Brady's favorite receiver of all-time.
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

My point exactly, how can people NOT be happy about this trade? I just don't get it.

Had it been a first or a second rounder, then I wouldn't be happy. This is a 4th rounder we are talking about here, nothing big. Last I checked, we still have 7 picks in the first 128, more then any other team in the league by a large number.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

[QUOTE]Jeez, folks.  Let's just hope this team keeps winning.   Some of us here have been diehard fans since the days of Schaefer Stadium (and some go back to Nickerson Field) Until you can sit through a 1-15 season like 1990, you just have to CHILL OUT.
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]

been there .....done that......I was once able to yell to another friend who was sitting on the other side of the field.........thats no lie.....1989

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Branch now a PATRIOT : My point exactly, how can people NOT be happy about this trade? I just don't get it. Had it been a first or a second rounder, then I wouldn't be happy. This is a 4th rounder we are talking about here, nothing big. Last I checked, we still have 7 picks in the first 128, more then any other team in the league by a large number.

you have probably learned that there is a lot of "GM's" on here that have all of the right answers and know which transactions should and shouldn't be made....lol

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1023us. Show m1023us's posts

[QUOTE]What a waste!  A.) Who gets cut? B.) I guess they don't have faith in Price. C.) Why not wait for Seattle to cut him? 

Wow, you are not very bright....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Branch now a PATRIOT : Wow, just wow. You posted in this topic that you became a pats fan in 07,there is no denying that. Then, you proceeded to avoid the fact that your full of Cr@p with your" Ty Law List" and that I proved you wrong on so many points that its making you look like complete moron. How could you deny what you posted a few minutes ago? You don't adress the fact that you weren't here for Ty Law or Branch, yet you call one a clown and hate another former pat you never watched play. Please do yourself a big time favor and click turn off computer button ASAP because you keep pushing out nonsense and making yourself look like a complete fool. Fans like you are a disgrace to the Patriots organization. "Branch is a clown for holding out" Really? Last time I will say this, we franchised him so he wouldn't hit the open market and we traded him for a golden 1st rounder, which we used to acquire stud MLB Mayo.

IT'S CALLED SARCASM, GENIUS! Why would I be so passionate about a player that I never knew? Deion Branch was my favorite WR in the NFL, but what he did was unacceptable. Sorry, I still hold that grudge. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1023us. Show m1023us's posts

[QUOTE]A 4th rounder for a journeyman WR?  YUK.  Are you kidding me?
    Posted by John413[/QUOTE]

LOL!  You don't even know what a journeyman is.....What a moron....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

This move was purely to keep Brady happy. One of his best friends is coming home, a receiver his used to trust, whoop de f ing doo. I really don't know what else this move does because we replaced a 6'4 HOF WR with a midget with bad knees. I hope Branch does well but i think he is damaged goods and won't be on the field long unfortunately.

Not signing Boldin in the FA period and letting him go to the Ravens will probably be the difference between winning and losing on sunday and the difference between a good team and an elite team. Sad but true.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1023us. Show m1023us's posts

[QUOTE]a fourth round pick for someone Seattle doesn't want. Sounds like the Derrick Burgess Trade all over again. Those who forget Branch did not start getting hurt in Seattle. He was hurt plenty in New England. BIG DISSAPOINTMENT. Maybee a 6th rounder
    Posted by patriots44[/QUOTE]

Yeah, very dissapointing Superbowl MVP game in 2005....Where do these morons come from?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

BRANCH IS DONE. All you people going on & on about SB MVP blah blah blah THAT IS NOT THE BRANCH WE ARE GETTING. We are getting 13 catches through 4 games w/1 TD Branch. Oh yeah we also need another midget on the team. 5' 9"
    The SB wins were a LONG time ago. Branch has AGED and NONE TOO WELL. I don't care how he left or THAT he left, I care about what he is TODAY, and he isn't striking fear into anyone. WHAT A JOKE. I KNEW this was coming simply because it was the weakest move that could be made. But hey, we got VALUE right, sure.

PS.   Anyone who wants to tell me to crawl back into my moms basement. She's dead
    I am 44 years old, not a kid. I am a fan, just not an idiot that believes everything will always be great cuz BB is in charge and we have TB. We had both of them in the playoffs last year, how'd that work out
    Also don't whine about how you are such a better fan than me cuz you were a fan back when they went 0 & 16 every year for like 20 years in a row. Who cares

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jsppro1. Show jsppro1's posts

I'll ask why?  If you can now go get D-Will from the Panthers, it will be great.  Cheers!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1023us. Show m1023us's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Branch now a PATRIOT : IT'S CALLED SARCASM, GENIUS! Why would I be so passionate about a player that I never knew? Deion Branch was my favorite WR in the NFL, but what he did was unacceptable. Sorry, I still hold that grudge. 

I smell a pink hat.....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

So the Seahawks get Marshawn Lynch for a 4th rounder and we get Branch for one? 

Look, in Bill I Trust but, seems to me Pete Carroll is doing better with trades. I'd be happy if Branch proves me wrong though.