Branch or Jackson

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Branch or Jackson

Well Moss is gone and its obvious that we don't want Tate being our only outside WR.
    Deion Branch would likely be an exchange for a very low draft pick 6th or 7th.

Vincent Jackson would mean trading a 1st and 2nd (chargers gm is on CRACK) and 30 million gauranteed new contract. Jackson has a 3 game suspension still to serve and is 1 strike away from being suspended an entire year. 

Now honestly, the chargers gm is being rediculous. Jackson is a very good receiver, not great. wants a huge contract and is serving a suspension for 3 games this season. He cannot possibly expect anything more than a 3rd round pick.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Re: Branch or Jackson

niether, go with what we have

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Wats the harm in adding one of Brady's favorite targets?  Brady has been in contact with Branch about returning. I think Tom wants him back and Deion wants to come back.

To me its an easy trade. I know he has knee issues, but I believe we will put him in better situations and keep him healthy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-Money12. Show J-Money12's posts

Why not trade for Branch. He is a favorite target of Brady. Give the 'Hawks a 6th round pick for him. That 6th round pick would probably be cut anyway with all the players we would get in the first four rounds.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

I'd have to agree with kansas.  We're good with what we've got.  But if Mankins is all that's asked for, I'd say go with that one.  I do think we could get Branch on the cheap but I think he's probably stunt the growth of our young guys more than anything. 

The young weapons need room to grow.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Depends on what the trade is. If it's just Mankins and nothing higher then a 3rd then Jackson. If it's for nothing higher then a 5th Branch. Otherwise neither

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Gross, neither. 

Jackson is vastly overrated and Branch is done. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

Branch is made of glass and a clubhouse cancer...no...no...no...no

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Clubhouse cancer?  Where did you get that from?  Just the opposite actually.  And there is no way the Pats give up a 1 & 2 for Jackson.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from USMCM1A1. Show USMCM1A1's posts

Those are both bad choices.  VJ isn't a Patriots character guy, and Branch is physically limited because of injury. 

The idea here is to develop Tate and Price, not re-tard their development.  We want to get our talented young players (Edelman, Tate, Hernandez and Gronkowski) out on the field with Welker, and I think we want to try and get Price out to see what he can do.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPat. Show NYPat's posts

If it is as simple as between Branch or Jackson. It's simple  - Jackson.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

In Response to Re: Branch or Jackson:
    [QUOTE]Those are both bad choices.  VJ isn't a Patriots character guy, and Branch is physically limited because of injury.  The idea here is to develop Tate and Price, not re-tard their development.  We want to get our talented young players (Edelman, Tate, Hernandez and Gronkowski) out on the field with Welker, and I think we want to try and get Price out to see what he can do.
    Posted by USMCM1A1[/QUOTE].............."VJ isn't a Patriots character guy" This is the kind of comment Patriots fans continually say when other teams bring in players of questionable character (ie Santonio Holmes, etc). So IF they get him (and I don't think they will) and even since some here are saying they SHOULD get him, there should be a lot less of the snarky "The Jets acquire 'low-class' 'criminal' players"

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

10-8 for Branch, you guys are idiots
    Jackson is in his prime, Branch is nothin'

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Probably neither.  BB regularly gets burned when drafting in a position of need, as opposed to having 5 minutes to either pick or trade, which is a position of opportunity that he has successfully exploited again and again. 

Make Edelman the second wide receiver.  Get Taylor Price active, he's got talent. Let Hernandez crowd Wes Welker out to the wide spot.  Go with two tight ends and Sammy Morris on third and short.

BB's willingness to trade with San Diego is the kiss of death for San Diego's playoff hopes.  BB would never trade with an AFC contender.  Trade with Oakland?  Sure thing!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

My Response here...

http://bit.ly/99MPQ9

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

I wanted to vote "Dione Warwick", but you did not offer that choice.  I think she is at least as likely trade as that other imposter who spells his name wrong. Just as Vinny Barbarino is at least as likely to be traded to the Pats as Vinnie Jackson.

Think about it: With Dione, her psychic powers would her enable to read the defenses for the Pats.  She would know when to cut right, stutter step, or go long.  What she lacked in speed she would make up in psychic instincts.

And while Jackson has some pretty good moves, have you ever seen Barbarino's dance moves?  Everybody who is anybody knows that great, athletic dancers make the best WRs.

While we are talking about absurd trades, why don't we throw Vinatieri in there, too, since the Pats have been trying out new kickers. 

Wow, this fantastic trade talk is so much stupid fun.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

In Response to Re: Branch or Jackson:
    [QUOTE]Clubhouse cancer?  Where did you get that from?  Just the opposite actually.  And there is no way the Pats give up a 1 & 2 for Jackson.
    Posted by 123meg[/QUOTE]

+1

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Branch turned his back on the team, why let him back. i don't care if TB12 likes him.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

None of the above

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Branch or Jackson:
    [QUOTE]Well Moss is gone and its obvious that we don't want Tate being our only outside WR.
    Posted by btownteamsrking[/QUOTE]

How and why is this "obvious?"

I'm looking forward to seeing what Tate can do.

He's a monster in the return game.

Turn the man loose on the defense.

Let's see what he's got.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rpn123321. Show rpn123321's posts

In Response to Branch or Jackson:
    [QUOTE]Well Moss is gone and its obvious that we don't want Tate being our only outside WR. Deion Branch would likely be an exchange for a very low draft pick 6th or 7th. Vincent Jackson would mean trading a 1st and 2nd (chargers gm is on CRACK) and 30 million gauranteed new contract. Jackson has a 3 game suspension still to serve and is 1 strike away from being suspended an entire year.  Now honestly, the chargers gm is being rediculous. Jackson is a very good receiver, not great. wants a huge contract and is serving a suspension for 3 games this season. He cannot possibly expect anything more than a 3rd round pick.
    Posted by btownteamsrking[/QUOTE]

Larry Fitzgerald. He is the only option that would help this team in the WR unit at this point. Branch won't do anything, Jackson would only play in the last 8 games after suspension, and would do something dumb to get the year suspension.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill. Show aussiewill's posts

I don't know about Jackson , but Branch could give them a deep threat. That would be the sole reason to do a trade for Branch. They have quality tweener receiver's. If Branch's presence , would stretch the field, then he would be worth a draft pick. That of course if he passes his medical. I think they have a problem, without a deep threat . Brady will be limited to tight openings, as defences will go back to bump and run. The untapped resource, will be Gronk and Hernandez, they could make the loss of Moss fade into space, if they are utilized properly, also Woodhead coming out of the backfield with screens and dump offs. Lots of possible remedies, I am sure the coaching staff is working overtime as we speak.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-Money12. Show J-Money12's posts

BRANCH! Obviously Jackson is better and younger, but I just don't see them trading for him. But Branch is possible. He would probably end up being our 5th wr. He would add veteran presence. And even though he is injury prone, because he is our 5th wr he wouldn't get too much playing time. Give a 6th for him and im happy.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Il take Branch for a 4th round pick!