Branch released/Malcolm Williams released...Greg Salas and Aqib Talib have been added to 53 man roster

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Branch released/Malcolm Williams released...Greg Salas and Aqib Talib have been added to 53 man roster

Per @TomECurran, the Patriots have released Deion Branch and Malcolm Williams. Greg Salas & Aqib Talib have been added to the 53-man roster.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: Branch released/Malcolm Williams released...Greg Salas and Aqib Talib have been added to 53 man roster

Branch injured his hamstring Friday and was questionable for Sunday with the Colts. Led to his release, Salas activation.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Re: Branch released/Malcolm Williams released...Greg Salas and Aqib Talib have been added to 53 man roster

Wow.  Williams for Talib was predictable, but I didn't see the Salas activation coming!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Mike Rodak       Rodak @mikerodak

Teams will have until 4 p.m. Monday to claim Branch. After that, the Patriots will be able to re-sign him if they so desire.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In a way sad to see Branch go, though that's more because I like the guy than because he's a great contributor now.  Very excited to see what Salas can do with a chance.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

This must mean that Salas is really picking up the offense and building a strong chemistry with Brady....I'm just kidding, it just means that Branch became eligible for his AARP benefits and couldn't double dip:(

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

In a way the Pats are fortunate with Branch and Salas.  Neither are likely to be picked up by another team (both have already been released once).   So, the Pats can go with the healthiest body which is the case now IMO.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to nyjoseph's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In a way the Pats are fortunate with Branch and Salas.  Neither are likely to be picked up by another team (both have already been released once).   So, the Pats can go with the healthiest body which is the case now IMO.

[/QUOTE]

It's almost like Bill Belichick knows what he's doing...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

you can bet branch is on BBs speed dial

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

The 2012 season = 9 catches for 80 yards over 9 games. The production isn't there anymore.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Socking........not.  We would of been better off bringing along a rookie, that could stretch the field, then wasting a year and a half on a washed up Branch.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Branch very likely will be back...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Did not expect Branch to be cut this week.  I think BB has a dream of one year firing his entire roster and hiring them back.  Where's Ventrone?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Fortunate to have two guys nobody else wants? You're definitely a glass half full guy.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

<----- I like this guy.  He's on speed dial. 

Hopefully Salas can contribute.  If anything else his name is a palindrome, which is fun.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I'm a Branch fan so I didn't like when he was released before the season and I don't like him being released now.  But I can see and understand why he has been released.  His injury, Wes has a bad ankle, Lloyd has a bad knee, that leaves Edelman as the only healthy WR so now Salas is good for depth plus the Patriots must think pretty highly of him since they like tripled his practice squad salary a while back.  I'm anxious to see him play in the Patriots system so lets get him out there.

As for Branch, I don't see anyone picking him off the waiver wire and I do think he will be back at some point.  He had some key catches to keep drives alive during this season.  Certainly not a productive seaon by him thus far but he has cerainly helped the team.  Sunday should be interesting and then to turn around and get ready for Thanksgiving game, it's going to be tough.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Rocky's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Branch injured his hamstring Friday and was questionable for Sunday with the Colts. Led to his release, Salas activation.

[/QUOTE]

that is exaclty what i expected when i readthe headline (branch must be injured). the good thing is that salas has a good chance to develop into something of a weapon for us (not that bracnh beign injured is good.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Socking........not.  We would of been better off bringing along a rookie, that could stretch the field, then wasting a year and a half on a washed up Branch.

[/QUOTE]

yes, if bb woudl have grabbed one

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to shenanigan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Did not expect Branch to be cut this week.  I think BB has a dream of one year firing his entire roster and hiring them back.  Where's Ventrone?

[/QUOTE]

that was a good one :)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's almost like Bill Belichick knows what he's doing...

[/QUOTE]

So brillant we get not one, but two receivers that no other team wants.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

I think y'all are missing the main point. Releasing Branch and bringing in Salas, to me, is a sign that Wes Welkers ankle is bothering him to the point he may not dress for Sundays game.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think y'all are missing the main point. Releasing Branch and bringing in Salas, to me, is a sign that Wes Welkers ankle is bothering him to the point he may not dress for Sundays game.

[/QUOTE]

bringing salas iin means welker wont play. 

i dont know if welker plays or not, but salas isnt even on the roster unless branch gets injured.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to Rocky's comment:
    [QUOTE]Mike Rodak       Rodak â€@mikerodak

Teams will have until 4 p.m. Monday to claim Branch. After that, the Patriots will be able to re-sign him if they so desire.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly...  Wonder what team in what situation might be taking a look at him...?  And whether he would sign with another team if they offered.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

Bottom line is our entire receiving corps is injured, so someone had to go to make room for someone who isn't injured.  Branch as much as I love the guy, was the most expendable.