BRANCH TRADE = TAYLOR PRICE MISTAKE

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

BRANCH TRADE = TAYLOR PRICE MISTAKE

Immediately after the Pats selected Taylor Price near the end of the 3rd round , I remember thinkin' they might have just scored a hidden gem . Word was that he had all the intangibles to blossom into a starting NFL wr but had been held back by both his schools offensive system and inferior Qb play . He was suppose to have good size / good hands and great speed . 
      Then I saw him in person and it became pretty clear he was not the second coming of Stanley Morgan .

In my opinion , he's just not NFL material.

Unfortunately after watching him struggle mightily in camp and show next to nothing in preseason action he's been a healthy scratch each week and it now appears that BB has seen enough.
      Though it's obviously way too early to stick a fork in him completely , the return of Branch can't bode well for Price's stock and it wouldn't shock me if the rookie wr suddenly came down with some type of season ending malady that would allow the Pats to stow him onto their IR list .
      I don't blame BB for taking a shot on him ( though 3rd rounders apparently now = Hall-of-Fame caliber wrs ...see #84 for the Vikes ) but roster spots are too valuable to be tied up on project wrs  - especially when playmakers like Darnell Jenkins linger unprotected on our practice squad .
    Maybe a TRADE is in order ?
     The Lions need wr help pretty badly right now ...
    Taylor Price and our 5th rounder for the Lions 4th ( could end up being very close to a 3rd rounder should the Lions continue to flounder ) and we could at least re-coop the pick we used to get Branch ...after all if Price was working out in the first place , there would have been no need to aquire Branch.
      Who knows , maybe the kid may still become something in the NFL , but personally I just don't see it .

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: BRANCH TRADE = TAYLOR PRICE MISTAKE

Dude has yet to step on a field. He has one preseason/training camp. 

Wow. Talk about rush to judgement. 

Pay attention to how BB likes to build his teams. He wants vets in front of rookies so they have time to learn. He does this even to the point of populating his roster with mediocre athletes, while faster younger guys toil in practice. 

Price makes the field next season dude. If he still is out then, well you can start speculating. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

moongirl ... thanks for the input .

Did you happen to attend any practices this season and actually see first hand what Price was made of ?
     I did and rookie learning curve or not , I call 'em as I see 'em .

If Darnell Jenkins was the 3rd round pick and Taylor Price was an undrafted guy ...it would have been Price being stashed on the practice squad .
    ( and my guess is nobody would be thinkin' about stealing him away )

And for the record ... you are correct that in many cases , it's tough for a rookie to crack a line-up and get playing time, but historically rookie wrs can and often do see action .
     That said  , I agree it would be tough for any rookie wr to get reps in this particular Pats wr corp .
       Also - I never said the Pats should just "drop him " ... I said they should look to trade him ( or have him mysteriously pull up lame and go on IR to save a roster spot )

zbellino ... I enjoy your comments and usually agree but in this particular instance , I think BB will eventually Kevin O 'Connell -erize Mr. Price ...
      I just wish it was sooner rather than later
    ( and also that we get something for him if indeed a trade could be swung ).

In short ...
    Im just not a Taylor Price fan and I believe in time contributors to this sight will come to agree .
     Just my opinion .

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JMichalski12. Show JMichalski12's posts

Price is garbage....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpez. Show jpez's posts

i'm new to these discussions but i have to agree judging Price given the fact he's a rookie learning a completely new system and already calling him a mistake is a lil too early ,something tells me expect David givens , givens was terrible (spell check)his first season and then the next season he blew up , I expect the same out of price. we might not hear from him this season but he'll make his mark next season ........................(laser show)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Oh c'mon!  How can you pronounce any rookie a mistake; especially 4 games into his rookie season?  Get real.  I guess BB's last two draft have spoiled us.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

this is really dumb - at least when we wrongly attacked chung he had an entire season of doing nothing. given price's circumstance, it'd be resonable to think we have a good player that could do not a thing his rookie season

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

I predict that our first draft choice of the second round of next year's draft is going to be a complete bust. What the heck are the Patriots thinking drafting this guy? Remember, you heard it here first!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

In Response to Re: BRANCH TRADE = TAYLOR PRICE MISTAKE:
    [QUOTE]This is ridiculous! Are you serious??? Price is a ROOKIE, learning the WR position. Yes, let's just drop a ROOKIE without giving him time to learn. What an idiotic post!
    Posted by moongirl[/QUOTE]

I'm sure you said the same about Chad Jackson. Price will be another BB bust pick.

BB is terrible at drafting. However is is great with undrafted free agents

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

The little bit I've seen of Price hasn't impressed me, but I think it's a little too early to say he's a bust. Branch gives BB a reliable veteran who he knows can work well with Brady.  None of the rookies--good or bad--can provide that veteran presence.  I think Branch is here mostly to give the Pats a wideout they can rely on in pressure situations. All it proves is that none of the rookies are yet at the stage where they can be trusted to do that. The bigger indication that Price isn't ready yet is that he hasn't been active in the first four games.  But that could simply be because he's still learning the offense and working on skills.  He is very raw and may need a season to develop.  If he turns out to be good next year, holding the 53rd roster spot for him will have been a good investment.  If not, it's not a huge loss because you can suit up only 45 on game day anyway. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots1a2. Show patriots1a2's posts

Price missed more than all the other pats rookies... You have to graduate before you can join your nfl team at Ohio. He was playin catch up the whole time. ALSO.... Ohio O is not even close to what any nfl team runs. The Pats new he would be coached up not come in and blow people away. Price will be a good receiver for the Patriots.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PeaceLaur. Show PeaceLaur's posts

In Response to BRANCH TRADE = TAYLOR PRICE MISTAKE:
    [QUOTE]    Immediately after the Pats selected Taylor Price near the end of the 3rd round , I remember thinkin' they might have just scored a hidden gem . Word was that he had all the intangibles to blossom into a starting NFL wr but had been held back by both his schools offensive system and inferior Qb play . He was suppose to have good size / good hands and great speed .    Then I saw him in person and it became pretty clear he was not the second coming of Stanley Morgan .   In my opinion , he's just not NFL material.    Unfortunately after watching him struggle mightily in camp and show next to nothing in preseason action he's been a healthy scratch each week and it now appears that BB has seen enough.   Though it's obviously way too early to stick a fork in him completely , the return of Branch can't bode well for Price's stock and it wouldn't shock me if the rookie wr suddenly came down with some type of season ending malady that would allow the Pats to stow him onto their IR list .   I don't blame BB for taking a shot on him ( though 3rd rounders apparently now = Hall-of-Fame caliber wrs ...see #84 for the Vikes ) but roster spots are too valuable to be tied up on project wrs  - especially when playmakers like Darnell Jenkins linger unprotected on our practice squad . Maybe a TRADE is in order ?  The Lions need wr help pretty badly right now ... Taylor Price and our 5th rounder for the Lions 4th ( could end up being very close to a 3rd rounder should the Lions continue to flounder ) and we could at least re-coop the pick we used to get Branch ...after all if Price was working out in the first place , there would have been no need to aquire Branch.   Who knows , maybe the kid may still become something in the NFL , but personally I just don't see it .
    Posted by CapFoxboro[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying you don't have a legitimate perspective from watching him in action, but everything I heard on Price around draft time was that he is R-A-W. He has the speed and hands, but he came from a really simplistic offense and has to make a big leap to the type of offense the Pats run. On top of that, he started training camp later than everyone else, so he had to play catchup once he arrived. Maybe you're right about him, or it could be the guy you saw in camp was just a really green rookie struggling with a brand new playbook and desperately trying to keep up.

Also, two points:

-There were a bunch of these types of threads about Chung and Brace last year when they weren't seeing many snaps, and now both are solid players on the starting D.

-I'm not saying that Taylor Price is going to be Miles Austin, but take a look at Austin's career stats: http://www.nfl.com/players/milesaustin/careerstats?id=AUS467198 Yes, he was an undrafted free agent, but he played strictly special teams in his first season and combined for 18 receptions and 354 yards in his first three seasons in the league. If Austin didn't break out until his fourth season, I think I can give Price more than four games before I label him a bust.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Branch trade = Price learning the ropes. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

i went to training camp... and did not see all the this crap you are talking about... in fact all the recievers looked good ...all of them... only so many can dress so if he aint playing on ST...or aint in the game plan...then he needs to keep working till he is...obvioulsy others are ahead of him including veteran branch...maybe branch will actually help him acclimate...  hmmmmnnnn theres a thought!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

I wonder if trolls high five themselves in the mirror after they start a foolish thread?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

So you think that BB, the guy who is willing to play anyone including undrafted free agents, and cut or not play anyone (see crable) would put Jenkins on the practice squad and keep price on the roster because of their draft status.

Bro, have you been paying attention at all?  That makes no sense. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

[QUOTE]moongirl ... thanks for the input .    Did you happen to attend any practices this season and actually see first hand what Price was made of ?  I did and rookie learning curve or not , I call 'em as I see 'em .    If Darnell Jenkins was the 3rd round pick and Taylor Price was an undrafted guy ...it would have been Price being stashed on the practice squad . ( and my guess is nobody would be thinkin' about stealing him away )  And for the record ... you are correct that in many cases , it's tough for a rookie to crack a line-up and get playing time, but historically rookie wrs can and often do see action .  That said  , I agree it would be tough for any rookie wr to get reps in this particular Pats wr corp .    Also - I never said the Pats should just " drop him " ... I said they should look to trade him ( or have him mysteriously pull up lame and go on IR to save a roster spot )  zbellino ... I enjoy your comments and usually agree but in this particular instance , I think BB will eventually Kevin O 'Connell -erize  Mr. Price ...   I just wish it was sooner rather than later ( and also that we get something for him if indeed a trade could be swung ).  In short ... Im just not a Taylor Price fan and I believe in time contributors to this sight will come to agree .  Just my opinion .

When did you start working as a Scout?

Don't be stupid, Price is a rookie and maybe all he needs is mentoring...and who better to do that than Branch.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

Branch trade = bringing in a veteran, not a price mistake. stupid post

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

[QUOTE]Oh c'mon!  How can you pronounce any rookie a mistake; especially 4 games into his rookie season?  Get real.  I guess BB's last two draft have spoiled us.
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

These are the same people who couldn't wait to call Chung and Brace busts.  Consider the source of criticism here.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

[QUOTE]Price missed more than all the other pats rookies... You have to graduate before you can join your nfl team at Ohio. He was playin catch up the whole time. ALSO.... Ohio O is not even close to what any nfl team runs. The Pats new he would be coached up not come in and blow people away. Price will be a good receiver for the Patriots.
    Posted by patriots1a2[/QUOTE]
    yeah i'm right there with you... i was and continue to be excited about price.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from thc96. Show thc96's posts

This move obviously gives the Patriots another option in the short passing game.  I am in no way saying this is better than having Randy in there, but it may better suit them as they need to conrol the game and churn out long drives in order to keep the Defense off the field and fresh.  Either way its a good move as Branch is a proven Weapon with Brady throwing him the ball and he will quickly leave that Bald Xaverian/BC pansy Hasselbeck in his rear view once Brady slings one to him in stride in between the 8 and 3.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In Response to BRANCH TRADE = TAYLOR PRICE MISTAKE:
    [QUOTE]    Immediately after the Pats selected Taylor Price near the end of the 3rd round , I remember thinkin' they might have just scored a hidden gem . Word was that he had all the intangibles to blossom into a starting NFL wr but had been held back by both his schools offensive system and inferior Qb play . He was suppose to have good size / good hands and great speed .    Then I saw him in person and it became pretty clear he was not the second coming of Stanley Morgan .   In my opinion , he's just not NFL material.    Unfortunately after watching him struggle mightily in camp and show next to nothing in preseason action he's been a healthy scratch each week and it now appears that BB has seen enough.   Though it's obviously way too early to stick a fork in him completely , the return of Branch can't bode well for Price's stock and it wouldn't shock me if the rookie wr suddenly came down with some type of season ending malady that would allow the Pats to stow him onto their IR list .   I don't blame BB for taking a shot on him ( though 3rd rounders apparently now = Hall-of-Fame caliber wrs ...see #84 for the Vikes ) but roster spots are too valuable to be tied up on project wrs  - especially when playmakers like Darnell Jenkins linger unprotected on our practice squad . Maybe a TRADE is in order ?  The Lions need wr help pretty badly right now ... Taylor Price and our 5th rounder for the Lions 4th ( could end up being very close to a 3rd rounder should the Lions continue to flounder ) and we could at least re-coop the pick we used to get Branch ...after all if Price was working out in the first place , there would have been no need to aquire Branch.   Who knows , maybe the kid may still become something in the NFL , but personally I just don't see it .

When you mention how Price floundered in training camp...could you please be more specific? What did you see in training camp that led you to this conclusion?

As everyone else on this post has stated, the guy did not enjoy the same amount of time on the field as others. He is still learning. of course, it's impossible for us to see what the coaches see, but there is a reason he is still on the roster...and not the practice squad. My feeling is if the Pats did not feel very strongly about him, they could put him on the practice squad and pay him a handsome amount (like Mckenzie) to avoid other teams from possibly signing him. They must see something they like from him. Give him time.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jazzpelli. Show jazzpelli's posts

wow, talk about whinning.  Tate was basically red-shirted his first season and now the same is happening to Price.  Give him a season to learn the O and he'll be fine.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from packetloss. Show packetloss's posts

I'm with moongirl and I also think that she has the best nick in this thread :D