Brandon Jacobs Didn't Work Out For 49ers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Brandon Jacobs Didn't Work Out For 49ers

http://www.mercurynews.com/tim-kawakami/ci_22164356/kawakami-brandon-jacobs-finds-out-what-happens-when-challenge-harbaugh

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Brandon Jacobs Didn't Work Out For 49ers

BB would have just released him. Suspension is much worse a punishment, we aren't going to pay you and you can't leave the team you don't like anyways

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

A lot of people were wanting this turd in NE.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Man thats too bad...As a Pats fan I should care because? Ask Jints how he feels

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to COMMIE-CONTRARIAN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

i would love to have him on our sacred team as would u if bb said so!

[/QUOTE]

Nope!  I wouldn't want him on this team even if BB wanted him!  Even if Jacobs said he would play for free.  The guy is a big cry baby and he isn't a very good running back.  Look at the way BB plays his players.  They all have a role, some have a big role, some have a small role and some barely have a role but they do at least have one.  No way Jacobs remains quiet and happy if he has a small role, he would be a big problem.  As far as a running back, the dude has all the physical gifts, huge, strong, very good speed for his size, yet he runs like he is afraid to hit people.  He tries to be a Barry Sanders type running back instead of running ahead and over people and use his size.  I am so glad BB made the right call and had nothing to do with him.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Prior to this season, I think it would have been interesting to have him on the Patriots team. There were still questions regarding depth at RB, having someone who could block in front of other RBs, or help block for Brady.  Not sure if he had those other attributes, but he has played decently against the Patriots.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

he's not "scared" to run over people-that's just what he once did-in fact in 07 he gave 2 LB's concussions! the problem was he was injured and missing 4-5 games every year and he stopped banging and running straight ahead to stay on the field and lengthen his career-he knew his shelf life was short if he kept running the same way

[/QUOTE]

Well sometimes players have to realize what they are and what they aren't.  Jacobs is a north and south type runner with big body and strength and good speed, you run over people when you have those physical tools.  He is not Barry Sanders, he isn't capable of being light on his feet, changing directions on a dime, picking and choosing an opening at a split second.

If he adjusted his playing style to lengthen his career then it didn't work.  That playing style for him gets him on the bench as we have seen with the Giants and now the 49'ers.  Could you imagine if say... Earl Campbell wanted to have a longer "shelf life" and changed his running style?  He wouldn't have had the success that he did.  Oh, he might have played a little longer but wouldn't have done nearly what he did running the way he ran.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

BB would have just released him. Suspension is much worse a punishment, we aren't going to pay you and you can't leave the team you don't like anyways

[/QUOTE]

Would like to think it was a strategic move, keeping him away from competitors. If he is good enough to improve competitors though why waste him on the bench? Perhaps he did not committ to learning the system and taking blocking and cleaning out the lanes seriously. I know many coaches will not give any TE or RB time that does not do that stuff well.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

yes but campbell had the moves speed and jukes jacobs doesn't so...he didnt get benched by the giants, he played less than he wanted but he played-thats wrong

also if campbell was missing 5 games each year he might have changed his style-we'll never know

also, for what that's worth, earl campbell is now basically a cripple and has been for years..he had his glory no doubt but from his late 30's to the end of his days he will barely be able to walk-very sad

[/QUOTE]

Racobs played less for the Giants because he changed his running style and tried to be Barry Sanders.

I know all to well about Earl Campbell, he was my favorite player as a kid.  Finally got to meet him in person after he retired and before he had his health problems.  Matter of fact, I met Earl Campbell and Jack Tatum that same day.   Tatum, I would imagine is not a popular guy here on this board.

Anyways.... Earl had his injuries, never changed his style. Yes, very sad for Campbell and I'm not sure how Campbell feels but I have heard many players say they wouldn't trade their NFL careers for anything.  Even players who have major health problems today due to their playing days have said this.  So who knows!?!?!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Would like to think it was a strategic move, keeping him away from competitors. If he is good enough to improve competitors though why waste him on the bench? Perhaps he did not committ to learning the system and taking blocking and cleaning out the lanes seriously. I know many coaches will not give any TE or RB time that does not do that stuff well.

[/QUOTE]

or just teaching him a lesson...or both.